Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

path of fire confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

lmao, unsurprisingly the leaks were 100% real

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Mounts! I wonder how they'll do a twist on those.

I think they could unironically do 'commando' as an elite spec for Thief.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

gently caress I'm late, tell them to hold on

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Just saw that rifle Thief

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

CLAM DOWN posted:

gently caress I'm late, tell them to hold on

it started like 10 minutes ago, bro

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

it started like 10 minutes ago, bro

I know shut up

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I like the direction they're taking with mounts, giving them unique abilities rather than "run fast" and "fly."

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Bunny mount and rifle thief? Count me in!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

All right I'm here! Necro!

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Scourge! Torch offhand, no shroud, more support. Hopefully it will be better condi than reaper.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

C'moooooon sword Ele

Also Mirage looks really cool

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Harrow posted:

C'moooooon sword Ele

yup

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!

neongrey posted:

The thing I recommend is to pick an alt and then pick a specific but fairly basic goal. Like, I dunno, 'I'm gonna do the base game's story mode first' and then do that. You'll end up needing to do other odds and ends in the process of that, so by the time you finish the one thing, you'll have an idea what to do for the next.

This is actually what I ended up doing, and it is working remarkably well. Part of my problem was that logging onto a max level character that I hadn't played in years just felt odd, and, yes, I felt some decision paralysis. Imagine starting what is basically a new game at max level - it's daunting, and you don't have the attachment to your character that one would normally have at that point.

So I started a ranger with the goal of 100%ing zones and becoming a druid eventually. Having a great time! I figure this will put me at a good point to jump into the expansion content once it comes out.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh hell yeah, Weaver looks cool as hell

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Rangers: kill and eat your pets

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Holy poo poo, the Holosmith :eyepop:

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

my work break ended but i got to see firebrand and a rundown of factions in the area

i'm excited even if i think firebrand is a really dumb name

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Oh man was that scenery shot the sunspear temple?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

SEPTEMBER 22

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Holy poo poo, Sept 22nd launch and preview next weekend.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

WHAT THE gently caress, THAT'S SO SOON

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Holosmith looks rad af! Weaver, Deadeye and Soulbeast seem cool as well, but the others all look kind of lame imo.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

that launch date is a lot closer than i had expected

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Snake Guild Hall!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm a fan of the "reveal things as close as possible to launch" approach, gotta say.

Welp, guess I'm hopping in to try Weaver, Mirage, and Holosmith next weekend, then. I really really really want to see how Weaver works and how you do the dual-attunement thing.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
http://buy.guildwars2.com/store?Action=html&Locale=en_US&SiteID=gw2&cid=104%3A5%3A%3A%3A%3AGlobal%3A289%3A%3A%3A&pbPage=pathoffire

gently caress. My wallet is gonna be sad.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Store has crashed :(

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

wait are the elite specs coming out early or is there a beta weekend?

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Trebuchet King posted:

Preview weekend event August 11.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Trebuchet King posted:

They said it was a preview weekend, which they sort of did with HoT, kinda like a beta that will probably have one zone.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
Was expecting Heart of Thorns to get bundled with this expansion. It's not.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Anarkii posted:

Yeah, my friend is gonna be saddened by that.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lmao HTTP 500 error on the purchase page

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Anarkii posted:

I'm not too surprised, actually, given that GW2 isn't doing a linear progression from expansion to expansion. My guess is that, since you don't need anything from Heart of Thorns to play Path of Fire, they don't have too much incentive to bundle it. If you end up needing gliding, it's possible that'll be considered a Path of Fire mastery, too, or something like that.

Assuming they're not going to do a "you need X HoT masteries to progress in PoF" thing, I'd probably recommend that anyone who doesn't have HoT just jump into PoF if this is when they want to join. It's not quite as disconnected as GW1 expansions, granted.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Looks like the post show has a lot more info, if you can handle 3 hours of wooden potatoes.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

My Gimmick Name posted:

Looks like the post show has a lot more info, if you can handle 3 hours of wooden potatoes.

Nope I would literally die

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

at this point i'm just waiting for a bullet point summary or transcript i can read

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My Gimmick Name posted:

Sadly I'm at work and have no time to watch 3 hours of anything, but on the bright side, that also means I can just wait until it's done and I can just zip around the VoD for the things I care about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Trebuchet King posted:

at this point i'm just waiting for a bullet point summary or transcript i can read

Praise Dulfy! https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6qwz69/expansion_2_announcement_livestream_coverage/

• Locked thread