Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Brain damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

Brain damage

And they said the protege could never teach the mentor....

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Powershift posted:

In my professional opinion, he old.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

He's also retired!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Norns posted:

Horse meat and dandelion water

Im drinking dandelion root tea as we speak. Good for the liver and full of goodness

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

Karting is probably the cheapest way to go real racing.

Judging by how much sim racing has cost me it might be the cheapest way to go racing period.

Totally up for being an invisible midfielder again in another goonkart though. Maybe someone could even buy me a Heidfeld avatar to replace The Bense. (please).

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I wonder what illness Massa has that won't let him test three days after he missed quali.

Also the McLaren broke down

Viral labyrinthitis, same poo poo Brundle has. I heard like 10 folks in the paddock got it.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I wonder what illness Massa has that won't let him test three days after he missed quali.

Death

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

NtotheTC posted:

Judging by how much sim racing has cost me it might be the cheapest way to go racing period.

Initial investment v consumable purchases, sim racing is still cheaper.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Final day 1 testing results:

https://twitter.com/F1/status/892420335475335168

Still no Kubica. Bottas was on the 2018 tires. I'm not sure if that's any indication of lap times or what.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Kubica's test is tomorrow.

This piece has me so loving pumped for it.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/analysis-kubica-challenge-change-perceptions-937291/

God, I hope he does loving well. I want him back in F1 with his mangled arm. I've seen more appealing roadkill than what his arm looks like now. I want to see him on a podium.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Someone make wirths avatar a picture of Kubica's arm please.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Bonus points if it's the same avatar he has now, just puking out the arm.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

OhsH posted:

Somebody has to keep this thread on track during the summer break, and god knows theres no racing to talk about in f1 anyways soooo...

Maybe OhsH and 1500 can do an internal A/T about how to get a kart up and running on a budget while we wait out the break. I have no idea what a Rotax or Birel is, or any of the other brand name references, but I'm interested enough to read whatever you guys write about it.

LochNessMonster posted:

Watched a NASCAR rerun last night because I couldn't sleep. What the hell is up with the different stages?

Stage 1: depression
Stage 2: grief
Stage 3: irrational racism
Stage 4: cousin lovin'
Stage 5: turkey fryin'
Stage 6: acceptance and admission to others that you are a NASCAR fan.

Those stages?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

iospace posted:

Bonus points if it's the same avatar he has now, just puking out the arm.

You can call it arm puke 2.

Edit: Bobby K daring you to mention his baby arm.

CratSock fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 1, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

How many times did Latifi run into the wall, should Palmer start sweating?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Wirth1000 posted:

Kubica's test is tomorrow.

This piece has me so loving pumped for it.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/analysis-kubica-challenge-change-perceptions-937291/

God, I hope he does loving well. I want him back in F1 with his mangled arm. I've seen more appealing roadkill than what his arm looks like now. I want to see him on a podium.

I really want Bobby baby arm back on the grid, I hope his test goes well and someone puts him in a 2018 car.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
It would be hilarious to see the budget difference between me and 1500, to see the difference between budget 2 stroke and me throwing shovelfuls of money at 4strokes.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

OhsH posted:

It would be hilarious to see the budget difference between me and 1500, to see the difference between budget 2 stroke and me throwing shovelfuls of money at 4strokes.

If you exclude the trailer and gasoline I've spent about $900 CAD on hardware and consumables this year and used maybe $170 changing the chain out midseason, doing the brake pads, a couple spark plugs and various misc bolts/chemicals/lubricants.

Engine rebuild at the bare minimum is going to double that $900 amount.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Yeah, who cares, how's your dog?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
My dog hurt her paw somehow and is walking around on three legs like a giant happy dork

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Poor dog. :(

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

This is a level beyond arm

you can call it arm .5

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

Yeah, who cares, how's your dog?

Still gimped, he's very slowly recovering though but I don't think he'll ever be fully back to normal though :(

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Don't feel bad about your kart spending.

I just bought these loving things

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

Still gimped, he's very slowly recovering though but I don't think he'll ever be fully back to normal though :(

Listen, friend....

They said the same thing about this dog....

And now, tomorrow, he's getting back in a current spec F1 car and showing the world that god dammit he CAN still jump up on the couch just as well if not better than before!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

:jebstare:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My nickname for my dog now is Big Kube, thanks Wirth.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I feel bad for Leclerc, he clearly has the ability to replace Kimi, but Vettel can't stand the idea of being shown up by his teammate, and has it out for him. Good years of his career are going to be wasted in F2 or a midfield F1 team waiting for a top tier slot open up, unless he can get lucky and jump the queue into another manufacturer driver track.

If Ferrari can get Vettel to accept him in 2018, I'll be amazed, and watching for the inevitable infighting and ferrari team self destruction.

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

Norns posted:

:gizz: :gizz:

Makes me want to upgrade from my t500rs pedals.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

EoRaptor posted:

I feel bad for Leclerc, he clearly has the ability to replace Kimi, but Vettel can't stand the idea of being shown up by his teammate, and has it out for him. Good years of his career are going to be wasted in F2 or a midfield F1 team waiting for a top tier slot open up, unless he can get lucky and jump the queue into another manufacturer driver track.

If Ferrari can get Vettel to accept him in 2018, I'll be amazed, and watching for the inevitable infighting and ferrari team self destruction.

I read somewhere last night that Ferrari are waiting for Monza to announce Kimi & Seb for 2018. Leclerc is gonna end up in Sauber before Ferrari.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Norns posted:

Did you get the handbrake and sequential shifter as well?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I paid $1000 for a set of pedals once, but they were attached to a BMW 540i and one of them made all sorts of wonderful noises happen.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I think Gilles was the last time an almost total rookie just parachuted into Ferrari unless I'm forgetting somebody.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

EoRaptor posted:

Leclerc is almost certainly gonna win F2 so he won't be allowed to have a second season there. I doubt he'll get straight into the Ferrari seat but I guess Sauber is now still an option with them going with Ferrari for another year. Sucks that its Sauber though.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Sergio Marchionne literally referred to Sauber as their junior team now after the new Ferrari deal was signed. Which means Pascal Wehrlein, the Merc junior, is gonna have to look elsewhere since Marcus Ericcsson's financial backers also happen to be the people that actually own Sauber now.

Leclerc - Ericsson unless the new team principal can convince Longbow that a Leclerc - Wehrlein combo is actually most beneficial vs. running Marcus.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

quote:

Used by
Nelson Piquet Jr.

Formula E & multiple F3 champion

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sauber at least will have the 2018 engine instead of the 2016 model.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Minto Took posted:

Did you get the handbrake and sequential shifter as well?

Naw. I already own the fanatec ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

quote:

Nico Hulkenberg insists he took no insult from Kevin Magnussen’s ‘suck my balls’ comment, as he branded the Dane a ‘wannabe Verstappen’.

The Renault driver clashed with his Haas rival in front of the television cameras after the Hungarian Grand Prix, after the pair came to blows on track during their fight for position when Hulkenberg was run off the circuit.

Hulkenberg confronted Magnussen live on camera to accuse him of being the most unsporting driver on the grid, before the Dane told him: “Suck my balls, honey.”

The incident was a major talking point across social media, and Magnussen’s team boss Gunther Steiner later backed his driver’s outburst.

Writing in his exclusive column for German station Sport1 on Tuesday, however, Hulkenberg said he was surprised there had been such a frenzy over the incident – but he said he took no offence.

"I wish there were as many people talking about the race,” he said. “At the moment we have different challenges in Formula 1 than the balls of a wannabe Verstappen.

“I'm not the kind of guy to curry favour with the public after the race, and I don't need to insult someone. If I have a problem with somebody, I go ahead and say what's on my mind.

“But the fans are happy about seeing a sport in which competition is being lived and somebody is speaking his mind. This is the fun thing about F1, especially with hot-headed sensitive people.

“With Kevin it's like having a little brother. You know he is not able to defend himself in any other way. Therefore, it's easy to take his remarks with a smile on your face."

Coincidentally, Hulkenberg bumped into Steiner at Budapest airport on Monday morning and the pair cheekily posed for a photo that was posted on Instagram to make light of the ‘suck my balls’ remark.

Here's the Instagram pic lol

• Locked thread