Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

Generally those (I think Gwenpoole, Birdman, Clea, I'm prob missing some) at least have mechanics for them to drop when running stages. It may be a pain in the rear end but there's a way to grind them. A-Force is one step above the paywalled characters in that they're selectable from the daily bios but that's it.

I'd say it'd be smart to come up with a way to grind A-Force since they're not players in the meta but I don't think anyone really cares at this point.

Yea, if you don't ticket the A-Force they are nigh impossible to get, but even if you do, their gear is a huge wall. I was able to get mine to 420 eventually by putting EVERY type selector I got into them for a long time, but I ticketed them to 6* to start with. 300-400 bios for 420 is a lot when you're getting 8 every few days, and god forbid you get unlucky and need closer to 600.

The only good part is that Sister Grimm and Singularity are both not really that good these days, so you can ignore them. She-Hulk is still incredible for her leadership though, and likely always will be one of the best leaderships in the whole game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So I play this religiously as you all know. I'm VIP13 and if I need to, I'll drop it like it's hot. That means my bum to the ground, you silly bears.

With that said, I say bring it on with all characters. I like variety and tons of options. I still don't have lvl 60 Jean and I just finished 6*ing the Sinister 6 yesterday.

This is coming from a guy who has all chars at least at 420/150. So for me, that's my "completion". This means I'm not complete with the new roster like I normally do and it's all good. I'll get there sometime but in the meantime, I love new things.

Basically, I want the new patch to bring me another 7 X-Men. :)

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Nails posted:

Speaking of She-Hulk, is it just me, or is she banned from the selectors now? I haven't seen her as an option every time I've done the Alliance store selectors, and I think when I've gotten any other selector short of the paid one, I haven't seen her either. Her profile still mentions unlocking her through Battleworld, but before this weekend, I felt like I hadn't seen a Battleworld since I started playing again. And all of the rewards lately are either comic cards or ISOs. So I guess what I'm really asking here is if there's a better way other than a paid bio sub or a ticket to rank her up?

None of the A-Force characters are available from generic selectors, but they're all available from typed selectors, like the dailies.

e: apparently two people answered while I had the tab open? Whoops.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jul 31, 2017

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
started last night, got 491/60 energy. God I haven't stopped playing but the energy just keeps going on.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pladdicus posted:

started last night, got 491/60 energy. God I haven't stopped playing but the energy just keeps going on.

It will end eventually but you'll be kinda glad when it does because you'll be ready for a break.

There really is a lot of stuff to do in this F2P game.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I have days where I'm like "I need more energy! Give me more!" and then a day or two later I'll have a ton of energy and poo poo to do and just be groaning and picking the most important to burn off before bed.

Its a fun game but there's so many aspects to it once you get deep.

Which I actually think is one of the big pluses since like, one day I may be into doing one thing and then if I get sick of it I don't switch games, i just switch modes.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 1, 2017

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
I got bored of crummy supercell games and decided to give this a shot. Just applied to doctor goons if anyone is around to let me in.

edit- name is HowDoIMarvels

Shappa fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 1, 2017

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Shappa posted:

I got bored of crummy supercell games and decided to give this a shot. Just applied to doctor goons if anyone is around to let me in.

edit- name is HowDoIMarvels

Welcome!

The game is a lot of fun and there is a lot to figure out. Ask lots of questions everyone is very helpful.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
So far I've got both Loki/Sharon Rogers with free 6*+6* mastery, and am working on just going through story/doing dailies. I ended up finishing the Hero's Journey today with Sharon, was that a misstep? Also decided to buy Loki's f.costume with some free gems since it was on sale.

Other than finishing out the story, any goals to set? Or characters to try to get 6*?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pladdicus posted:

So far I've got both Loki/Sharon Rogers with free 6*+6* mastery, and am working on just going through story/doing dailies. I ended up finishing the Hero's Journey today with Sharon, was that a misstep? Also decided to buy Loki's f.costume with some free gems since it was on sale.

Other than finishing out the story, any goals to set? Or characters to try to get 6*?

So far you are off to a great start as both of those mans will help you out a lot.

There are lots of characters that are pretty good when they get to 6* with gear so just kinda pick one and go from there.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
Intend to be mostly f2p(VIP-3 tops), what's a good use for free gems?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pladdicus posted:

Intend to be mostly f2p(VIP-3 tops), what's a good use for free gems?

Mega Rank Up tickets or costumes.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Seconding.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was always wondering where you folks got all your tickets and then a couple of weeks ago I noticed one of those mega rank up tickets on sale in the store and it clicked. I haven't bought any because I was saving for Magneto and now I'm restashing, but I might look at a couple of those next. There's no costumes I feel like I need right now.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

MarcusSA posted:

thirding this but wait till the costumes are on sale for 750 each

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

STAC Goat posted:

I was always wondering where you folks got all your tickets and then a couple of weeks ago I noticed one of those mega rank up tickets on sale in the store and it clicked. I haven't bought any because I was saving for Magneto and now I'm restashing, but I might look at a couple of those next. There's no costumes I feel like I need right now.

I run the starks stash and usually end up being able to get 1 mega rank ticket before each patch

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I now have 6 5* tickets from spiderman boxes. :psyduck:

And yeah millionthing that crystals are for on-sale uniforms, mega-6es or saving because they might magneto us again. Right now in particular I wouldn't buy anything -- wait for the event coming up, there are sometimes decent deals during those. The buy in can be pretty astronomical, though.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea, there's been one or two times you could buy a T2 ticket for 6900 crystals but got 4400 back which is a crazy good deal for anyone not finished with BO characters.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
Wow first update I don't give a poo poo about.

http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=75&id=885684

a big fat bunny posted:

And who were those mutants on this list?

Not sure but the rumour was that they're based on the mission title names during the last event they ran before the mutant update.

From the list it looks like Angel/Gambit/Nightcrawler are a lock in?

Kegslayer fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Aug 1, 2017

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Pulled an orange chest for the first time in months...

No bios

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Kegslayer posted:

Wow first update I don't give a poo poo about.

http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=75&id=885684

Not sure but the rumour was that they're based on the mission title names during the last event they ran before the mutant update.

From the list it looks like Angel/Gambit/Nightcrawler are a lock in?

I was wondering if I should use the event currency on the bios or the norn stones so I could get through the Strange quest, looking like Norn stones will be the way to go.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Listen if you're not hella hyphy for Titania starring Kate Winslett as Rose and Abs Man, I don't know what to tell you.

Legendary update.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
who the gently caress is titania

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She's one of the lame characters introduced during the super classic Secret Wars storyline... which is kind of the only reason I give a crap about her because I'm old.

Now i just want a Beyonder WBR or Dimension Shift set. But I guess this is Thor themed so I'm hoping for the entire lame Wrecking Crew! And Thunderstrike! And Beta Ray Bill! And the frog!

When's Ragnarok coming out? 3 months from now? I wonder if its just a lead in to a big update in a month or two for the movie with new costumes and Valkyrie and Executioner.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 1, 2017

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

who the gently caress is titania

I think I watched one of her "movies" last night before bed.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Wait why the gently caress is happening with the Apocalypse update?

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

STAC Goat posted:

Now i just want a Beyonder WBR or Dimension Shift set. But I guess this is Thor themed so I'm hoping for the entire lame Wrecking Crew! And Thunderstrike! And Beta Ray Bill! And the frog!

Throg life

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Absorbing man could be dope. Surprised he wasn't with agents of shield but oh well

Odd timing with Apocalypse teasers but okay

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Also where the gently caress is Shuma Gorath? You're killing me Keke!!!

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

Cinara posted:

Yea, if you don't ticket the A-Force they are nigh impossible to get, but even if you do, their gear is a huge wall. I was able to get mine to 420 eventually by putting EVERY type selector I got into them for a long time, but I ticketed them to 6* to start with. 300-400 bios for 420 is a lot when you're getting 8 every few days, and god forbid you get unlucky and need closer to 600.

The only good part is that Sister Grimm and Singularity are both not really that good these days, so you can ignore them. She-Hulk is still incredible for her leadership though, and likely always will be one of the best leaderships in the whole game.

There's also packs of 200 typed selectors (plus more) for 1,800 crystals each, which can help expedite the process.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

im freaking the heck out posted:

He's not making a return in MvC either.

What do people have against giant one eyed tentacle monsters?

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Agents of Shield? It better give me old-school, gray-templed, Nick Fury and bowler hat-wearing, ginger mustachioed Dum Dum Dugan...

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Welcome to the big leagues, Mr Crazy Mech Bird IWW guy!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

im freaking the heck out posted:

Checking out the UMVC3 roster, the only ones we haven't gotten are Deadpool, :doom:, Nova, Sentinel, Shuma, Super Skrull, Taskmasker, and X-23. Deadpool will certainly be coming down the line, same with Girlverine and Nova. Taskmaster's kinda in just no playable so he doesn't count yet, and I'm sure we'll get some Skrulls once Captain Marvel comes out (and if the game is still around).

So really it'll just be Beep Boop, :gaz: and Shuma Gorath we won't have, unless Shuma's the main villain of the Strange sequel.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Does the star rating of a repeat mission affect anything? Like do I get lower quality items or less bios at 2-stars? For the special missions, I'm trying to determine if it's better to complete the level 60 at 2-stars or the level 49-59 at 3.

VVV Right, I'm asking about after you've unlocked auto-repeat.

plainswalker75 fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Aug 2, 2017

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
You can't auto-repeat unless you have three stars.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Do mega tickets work on characters like Thanos?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

whatspeakyou posted:

Do mega tickets work on characters like Thanos?

No.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

How are we supposed to level up Dormammu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

ThermoPhysical posted:

How are we supposed to level up Dormammu?

Dumping thousands of bios into him, same as Thanos and Jean Greezy and the Black Order.