Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Seltzer posted:

I had to google this because without context it means nothing but why would a gaming tournament invite UYD? Don't quote me on this but I'm almost positive they've bashed on E-Sports before.

They were invited by the Valve guys who had them over to try out the VR stuff. It's mentioned in the DC live show (again, donate to the Patreon to get the ep, it's fantastic).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Seltzer posted:

I had to google this because without context it means nothing but why would a gaming tournament invite UYD? Don't quote me on this but I'm almost positive they've bashed on E-Sports before.

They have some Friends Of The Show who work at Valve. During the Seattle show they talked about gettting invited to Valve HQ to test a bunch of VR stuff

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

How many live shows have you guys been to? I haven't been to one but it seems really fun.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

H A T T A M posted:

How many live shows have you guys been to? I haven't been to one but it seems really fun.

I live in Los Angeles, so I'm pretty lucky. I've been to... five, I think? Including their 500th episode. Highlight for me was bringing the Hollywood Game Night board game to give to Seth after the show, but then Jonathan snatching it out of my hands and throwing it on stage.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I went to the one in Dallas, the one in Austin, Nashville...I think another one I'm forgetting. Always a good time.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

H A T T A M posted:

Atlanta and Raleigh. I know they mentioned recently that they get kinda fatigued doing the back-to-back double shows and don't think it's their best work but man I went to both Raleigh shows and I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life. The level of manic energy in stage was at an all time high (that's also the show where the set designers created a replica of Seth's living room on stage)

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I've been to the Dallas show and multiple SF shows. The shows are great in person and my wife gets all star-struck by Seth but not at all with Jonathan at the meet and greet.

A lot of UYD fans are irritating but most seem cool the audience doesn't bring down the show.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Pittsburgh show was good and fun, but I got the sense that they were underwhelmed by the venue and crowd size.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

probably my favorite uyd moment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O36_bhqYGCI

quote:

Jonathan: my fear of your Wall Street/
what keeps me safe is da reggae beat
Seth: you rear end in a top hat

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

H A T T A M posted:

Went to the Chicago show in 2014, laughed my rear end off, took a bad picture with the boys, got a flat tire in the pouring rain on the way back. Worth it IMO.

Also my then-girlfriend who thought UYD was dumb as poo poo was a good sport and went to the show with me and actually really enjoyed herself. We're married now :3: (she still thinks UYD is dumb)

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

C-Euro posted:

Went to the Chicago show in 2014, laughed my rear end off, took a bad picture with the boys, got a flat tire in the pouring rain on the way back. Worth it IMO.

Also my then-girlfriend who thought UYD was dumb as poo poo was a good sport and went to the show with me and actually really enjoyed herself. We're married now :3: (she still thinks UYD is dumb)

:sever:

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Who's wife-ing harder

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
I do not like Marcia episodes.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

clopping and cumming posted:

I do not like Marcia episodes.

I r[apect her but they suck rear end

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

I love a marcia ep

Spectracide
May 27, 2004
IT'S ARGH, BABY!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXHLSfYj43h/?taken-by=jonathanlarroquette
Not caught up on episodes, looks like Jah is getting a new house?
edit: The post is confusing, I can't tell if he's buying or selling.

Spectracide fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 31, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Spectracide posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXHLSfYj43h/?taken-by=jonathanlarroquette
Not caught up on episodes, looks like Jah is getting a new house?

Oh so his dad really does just pay for everything lol.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Seriously, did anyone ever think otherwise? a bunch of internet people are going to have that address now though, so lol

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

flesh dance posted:

Seriously, did anyone ever think otherwise? a bunch of internet people are going to have that address now though, so lol

Well I hope Roma gets most of the patreon because that dude certainly doesn't have someone looking out for him like that.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

my thoughts x1000

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
It's only a really foggy memory, but I think it's mentioned in the first ~100 episodes that Jonathan's dad made it a point that his son will always have a roof over his head and something to it, but that if he wanted more than that, he'd have to work for it. Either I'm misremembering, or John has changed his mind.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

the important thing is he's not moving to a ranch in deep montana to raise ponies or whatever

he's in LA, the podcast continues

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Badly Jester posted:

It's only a really foggy memory, but I think it's mentioned in the first ~100 episodes that Jonathan's dad made it a point that his son will always have a roof over his head and something to it, but that if he wanted more than that, he'd have to work for it. Either I'm misremembering, or John has changed his mind.

a million dollar home isn't going to be bought with a part-time vanity music store job and patreon money alone, this dude has never been broke/paid his own way a day in his life

(sorry, I do love the dudes I'm just kinda bitter about being poor right now argh)

flesh dance fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jul 31, 2017

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

No doubt we all love Jah and want him to be happy, but it is a bit rough knowing he has basically never had to save a dime and still gets a million dollar LA home. It's rough to feel jealous, even towards someone you like.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Lol he didn't even crop the address out from the photo

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Bit off topic, but after looking at the actual listing for the house, I find it hilarious/disconcerting that apparently American realtors find it necessary to provide map overlays for crime rates when you pick your neighborhood (but at the same time don't indicate the type of crime).

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I mean, if you listen to Ja's stories it sounds like his parents really tried to keep him away from the Hollywood brat lifestyle. They're not buying him a 6 bedroom house with a pool. It's a three bedroom house (yes I know it's a million) and he works. You'd do the same for your kids if you were a sober dad that just got a sitcom picked up.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

A guy as rich as Papa Jah (remember he has that Night Court Syndication Money) buying his son a nice house isn't exactly unreasonable. Million bucks sounds like a lot, but that's kinda up to the market.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Papa Jah buy your illegitimate son a condo

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

CortezFantastic posted:

Papa Jah buy your illegitimate son a condo

don't talk about Ben like that

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

The Narrator posted:

Lol he didn't even crop the address out from the photo

You're acting like he's Jodie Foster or something.

Nobody is going to stalk the less funny half of an obscure internet radio show.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

If you truly believe that, I'd like to refer you to the fan group(s) on facebook.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
If someone hasn't kidnapped and killed Seth yet i think Jonathan will probably be ok

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Pretend this post is a link to one of the multiple 5k page GBS megathreads devoted to stalking random mentally retarded people from the internet

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

People have gone to Seth's apartments and taken pictures with the Sundance. Just because something is obscure doesn't mean the fans are sane.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

H A T T A M posted:

People have gone to Seth's apartments and taken pictures with the Sundance. Just because something is obscure doesn't mean the fans are sane.

The 'dance is always available for photo ops

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Seth would be the most hilarious kidnapping victim.

Could you imagine the indignation? Could you?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

They meet with every fan who wants to at the live shows. Seth says you can look him up in the phone book and come by "the studio" if you want.

Yes I truly believe that no one is going to assassinate or home-invade Jonathan, despite them having annoying fans on facebook. Those people are more concerned about one-upping each other than they are about for some reason killing Jonathan

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just want him to sign my copy of Catcher in the Rye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

They meet with every fan who wants to at the live shows. Seth says you can look him up in the phone book and come by "the studio" if you want.

Yes I truly believe that no one is going to assassinate or home-invade Jonathan, despite them having annoying fans on facebook. Those people are more concerned about one-upping each other than they are about for some reason killing Jonathan

No one is saying he's going to be assassinated.