Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

bloom posted:

I can't wait to see how useless the dragons will be in an actual battle. By all reason they should be the fantasy equivalent of nukes, but I'm guessing one of them gets sniped with the first shot of that ballista(there will only be that one because props are expensive ok), after which the mortally wounded dragon flies a thousand miles north to die right next to the Night King.

Last year a bunch of randos hosed Drogon up some so I can't imagine they'll be useful at all if a few people don't panic.

e: Or was that two years ago, whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Dragons are less nukes and more air support/bombers. Having them do strafing fire breathing runs should mess up a lot of regiments. Too bad their scales aren't worth poo poo, though.

And the ballistae are only there to show how tough they can be, but since the Night King has Blizzaga and their elemental weakness is Ice...

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Huzanko posted:

This show has become so loving stupid. The fat man was good after all, I guess. Huh.

They're both bad actually

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bloom posted:

I can't wait to see how useless the dragons will be in an actual battle. By all reason they should be the fantasy equivalent of nukes, but I'm guessing one of them gets sniped with the first shot of that ballista(there will only be that one because props are expensive ok), after which the mortally wounded dragon flies a thousand miles north to die right next to the Night King.

Assuming the leaked outline is accurate, Drogon more or less singlehandedly wins a fight by swooping back and forth over an army and burning it alive, and also tanks a ballista bolt without it even piercing his scales. Which is weird given a few dumbasses with hand thrown javelins were able to pierce his scales not two seasons ago, but w/e.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
he's the size of a 747 now. also it's insanely reasonable for him to win a battle solo since every person fighting back grew up hearing stories of dragons=you get burned alive. they should all be running the second they see a dragon

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Scripts are not written that way.

esperterra posted:

I can see that script being right, but ffs the formatting. Has the person who typed this up ever seen a script before?

Imagine being an actor and having to do extra work to figure out which lines are yours.

e: nvm just noticed it's an outline, but still drat

Ah it's an outline.

Max fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 1, 2017

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Depending on which fantasy series you want to cite they should have a fear aura that instantly panics horses and soldiers

The leaks suggest Jamie doesnt give a poo poo about 'winning' anything in that moment, only getting the wagons into KL

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Being burned alive and giant predatory animals are two things that are gonna be scary to people no matter the time and place, fictional or otherwise. The rookie soldiers Lannister are down to by now(as evidenced by cameo by some popstar everyone was freaking out about two weeks ago) would have to have gone through some serious training to stand their ground and take shots at a dragon.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Don't worry, they have a wooden weapon that is hard to aim.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Incorrect - they have *dramatic reveal* six wooden weapons that are hard to aim!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Why does it look like it was typed on a typewriter and then photocopied hundreds of times since the 80's like an old lease document?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FogHelmut posted:

Why does it look like it was typed on a typewriter and then photocopied hundreds of times since the 80's like an old lease document?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

FogHelmut posted:

My guess would be "because that's how we've always done it," mixed with some level of "to make it look more legit"

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

But the writing is bad enough for it to be real.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

HBO acknowledged the hack and they got a couple episodes of some shows no one watched, too. I'm filing it under 'plausible.'

I guess we don't need to wait long to know for sure.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yeah littlefinger getting flumoxed by the three eyed deadpan is such stupidity that I instantly believe it. No wonder that dude was complaining about his character.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Everything in that plot outline lines up exactly with what's been leaked from translators. It's real.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

If it's accurate after like 63 hours of build up Dany is finally going to take the field in Westeros and do cool dragon queen stuff. This ep is gonna be part of where last ep's rad castle budget must have gone.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I mean specifically bad writing like the "Lannister tartare" line and the "blasted to poo poo" among others.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

kater posted:

Yeah littlefinger getting flumoxed by the three eyed deadpan is such stupidity that I instantly believe it. No wonder that dude was complaining about his character.

I like how they finally acknowledged Bran's actor can't actually act, so they tweaked the role so he wouldn't have to.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

FogHelmut posted:

I mean specifically bad writing like the "Lannister tartare" line and the "blasted to poo poo" among others.

I mean it's not like these are lines someone is gonna say in the show, they are obviously for the benefit/amusement of the other writers and staff among whom the outline is being distributed. Yeah it's kind of dumb but it's not different from the goofy tone people often adopt in this very thread when spitballing about future direction of the plot.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Put a dragonglass head on the ballista spear, headshot the icedragon, teabag the corpse

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
The show where they aged up the characters so their rape scenes could be shown on TV.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Sydin posted:

Assuming the leaked outline is accurate, Drogon more or less singlehandedly wins a fight by swooping back and forth over an army and burning it alive, and also tanks a ballista bolt without it even piercing his scales. Which is weird given a few dumbasses with hand thrown javelins were able to pierce his scales not two seasons ago, but w/e.

It is a truth universally acknowledged that dragon scales get harder as they get older.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Where are the leaked outline scans?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Here's the outline for next week's episode. Idk if there's others out there.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

skasion posted:

Here's the outline for next week's episode. Idk if there's others out there.

Oh I thought that was a joke lol

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Oh I thought that was a joke lol

It might be! With this show who knows.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

i'm a little skeptical based on how it is written

Cornflakes
Dec 3, 2006

I wonder what Arya is gonna do between now and when she supposedly executes Littlefinger at the end of the season.

If the outline is accurate, I'm glad the writers decided that the Stark kids can't understand each other anymore because of all the poo poo they've been through. I hated how after his escape Theon just went straight back to Pyke again and fell right in with Yara, especially after she tried to rescue him and said he was dead to her etc.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
She goes to Winterfell and dicks around following Littlefinger and has a fight with Brienne. Brienne thinks that Arya is a total badass who could easily kick her rear end if she wanted.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

QuoProQuid posted:

it matches the other two sets of spoilers weve had so far which have gotten more detailed each leak, so I'm betting it's accurate enough

it's funny that the writers and maybe even grrm had no idea of what to do with the stark kids beyond have them sit around

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

QuoProQuid posted:

On the one hand it reads like really lovely GoT fanfiction. On the other hand based on the last three episodes that makes it arguably more authentic.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Cornflakes posted:

Theon just went straight back to Pyke again and fell right in with Yara, especially after she tried to rescue him and said he was dead to her etc.

I always thought he should've just gone "gently caress these gay islands" and headed back north the first time he got back. I mean would you rather live with a loving, if kinda dumb, family or with a bunch of surly assholes on a lovely island.

First thing when he gets back is his sister playing a gross sexual prank on him, followed by his dad calling him a loser for wearing a shirt he didn't take off a murdered fisherman. I think at that point you just :sever:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

mastershakeman posted:

it matches the other two sets of spoilers weve had so far which have gotten more detailed each leak, so I'm betting it's accurate enough

it's funny that the writers and maybe even grrm had no idea of what to do with the stark kids beyond have them sit around

what's stopping someone from using those leaks as the basis for a fake outline?

i remember a similar situation taking place last year for the battle of the bastards, where someone used leaked pictures to guess the broad outlines of the episode.

Sydin posted:

On the one hand it reads like really lovely GoT fanfiction. On the other hand based on the last three episodes that makes it arguably more authentic.

last three episodes were good though

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they were not.

anyone thinking that the weird language in the outline makes it seem fake should read any jj abrams script.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The last episode has Cersei waking up in a bed of blood after a miscarriage but nothing more about her after it. Could it be that the younger brother that's supposed to kill her will be that miscarriage?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The last episode has Cersei waking up in a bed of blood after a miscarriage but nothing more about her after it. Could it be that the younger brother that's supposed to kill her will be that miscarriage?

Now THAT would be an awesome twist. Doubt it though. I forget how they phrased it in the show but in the books the prophecy says that the valonqar will choke her by hand.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Ok here's a question

you know in Hot Fuzz when Smooth Hound's mom was also his sister

would Cersei and Jaime's kids be their children AND nieces/nephews???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

I don't know why you would type out a regular story type paragraph in final draft, it's literally way easier to write dialog in the regular script style with those programs. But I don't really know anything about "outline" standards in the industry so :shrug:

• Locked thread