Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

*whomp whomp*

Still, I like the relic and warlord trait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Warlord trait is fine I guess? Their legion warlord trait is the same as a generic space marine trait.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I dig that tzeentch spell at least. Gonna love that poo poo in my thousand sons. Months from now :(

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Are we allowed to post leaks in here? Because someone has leaked all the CSM strategems and psychic powers in a tiny unreadable picture and in French.

How's your tiny French?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Are we allowed to post leaks in here? Because someone has leaked all the CSM strategems and psychic powers in a tiny unreadable picture and in French.

How's your tiny French?

I'm French, so, let's try this?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

You need to be French and be really good at deciphering jpeg artifacting.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So the Iron Warriors stratagem from their facebook is to give a unit 6+ FNP for one phase for 1 cp. Holy poo poo that's amazingly mediocre. I guess it could be nice if you put it on some kind of lord of war.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Pictures of leaked pages are like pictures of Bigfoot.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Okay this is blurry as poo poo so the only thing I can decipher is names.

Stratagems:
???
Tir Frénétique (Frenzied Shooting) (Chaos Space Marines Stratagem)
Agents Avancés (Advanced Agents) (Alpha Legion Stratagem)
Pacte Noir (Dark Pact) (Word Bearers Stratagem)
???
Mépris Pour La Sorcellerie (Contempt For Witchcraft) (World Eaters Stratagem)
Excès De Violence (Excessive Violence) (Emperor's Children Stratagem)
Frappes De Nuit (Night Strikes) (Night Lords Stratagem)
Que Brûle La Galaxie (Let The Galaxy Burn) (Black Legion Stratagem)

Psychic powers:
???
Maléfice Fatal (Fatal Curse)
Don Du Chaos (Chaotic Gift)
???
???
Temps Altéré (Altered Time)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

ElNarez posted:

Agents Avancés (Advanced Agents) (Alpha Legion Stratagem)

There is no way this isn't just the Raven Guard infiltrate stratagem renamed. :allears:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Yeah World Eaters will be a C+P of Black Templars too.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

chutche2 posted:

So the Iron Warriors stratagem from their facebook is to give a unit 6+ FNP for one phase for 1 cp. Holy poo poo that's amazingly mediocre. I guess it could be nice if you put it on some kind of lord of war.

Welp. Guess IW are staying in the box.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Welp. Guess IW are staying in the box.

Eh, yeah. I don't play Chaos, but that's not that great of a stratagem. It feels weird that Iron Warriors get a 6+ FNP but Electro-Priests with Fanatical Devotion have a 5+.

I'm not going to complain too hard. Fanatical Devotion let my unit of 5 Fulgurite Electro-Priests last 4 game turns without losing a single guy.

Iron Within, Iron Without could be beneficial though, if you absolutely had to keep bodies alive through a phase.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
jesus imagine your playing an army being predicated on whether their rules were top-tier and not just decent

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheChirurgeon posted:

jesus imagine your playing an army being predicated on whether their rules were top-tier and not just decent

Imagine giving a gently caress about what factors other people use to decide if they want to play an army or not.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Imagine playing

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
I'm happy it makes cultist blobs viable in at least one lot of Traitor Legions. Is it as good as Salamander chapter tactics? No. Will I be able to cackle manically as a horde of cultists advance implacably forward, scowling as their companions to their left and right fall under a withering fire of bolter, flame and psybolts? Hell yeah.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I hope the renegade stuff is cool, because I have a lot of nurgle stuff that can't go into death guard that I want decent rules to be able to use in a separate formation to help my death guard

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Imagine giving a gently caress about what factors other people use to decide if they want to play an army or not.

Hey man if you want to put the time and energy into collecting, assembling, and painting an army only to shelve it when the new rules don't immediately wow you, be my guest

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
This is why everyone should just play what they think is the most awesome looking army.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Bombogenesis posted:

This is why everyone should just play what they think is the most awesome looking army.

But then everyone would play Admec.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I'm going to be running a small tournament at the renegade open. For a while, it was going to be kill team. Then 8th edition pretty much made that impossible. Then we considered Shadow War Armageddon, but polls and discussion around has shown there would be too little interest in that.

So I'm thinking I might try to do combat patrol. Can run basic missions and play very much like regular 40k. The only difference is point limits and I think you need to restrict units. I'm thinking of borrowing heavily from the adepticon rules.

One detachment. 400 points.
1-3 troops
0-1 elites
0-1 fast attack
0-1 heavy support
0-1 flex unit that can be troop, elite, FA or HS.
May take 1 dedicated transport for each unit as normal.

HQ, LoW, fortifications and flyers not allowed. No named characters.

No models with 10 or more wounds unless it's a dedicated transport.
No models T8 or higher.
No forgeworld.

Thoughts? Too restrictive or not restrictive enough?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Master Twig posted:

I'm going to be running a small tournament at the renegade open. For a while, it was going to be kill team. Then 8th edition pretty much made that impossible. Then we considered Shadow War Armageddon, but polls and discussion around has shown there would be too little interest in that.

So I'm thinking I might try to do combat patrol. Can run basic missions and play very much like regular 40k. The only difference is point limits and I think you need to restrict units. I'm thinking of borrowing heavily from the adepticon rules.

One detachment. 400 points.
1-3 troops
0-1 elites
0-1 fast attack
0-1 heavy support
0-1 flex unit that can be troop, elite, FA or HS.
May take 1 dedicated transport for each unit as normal.

HQ, LoW, fortifications and flyers not allowed. No named characters.

No models with 10 or more wounds unless it's a dedicated transport.
No models T8 or higher.
No forgeworld.

Thoughts? Too restrictive or not restrictive enough?

Im not sure No Forgeworld is necessary given the other restrictions. Beyond that it looks fine.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

JoshTheStampede posted:

Im not sure No Forgeworld is necessary given the other restrictions. Beyond that it looks fine.

Yeah even if you allowed FW, the no named char, no flyer, and T7 or below restrictions cut out anything I can imagine being a problem.

Hell, I'm not even sure you need to specify no non-transports with W10+ given that you're at 400 points max with a 1-3 troops requirement.

e: Also with the new matched play rule on flyers, I'm not sure they're as big a problem either, especially at that points level.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Cainer posted:

If i could get gobs of AdMech "cheaply" off eBay like i did for Primaris, i would be in so much trouble.

Bombogenesis posted:

I think this is where I am in my gamer life progression. I really just want to paint my mans, and see other people's painted mans. Rolling buckets of dice also sounds great.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Aug 1, 2017

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Does anyone who has/has seen the sprues for the non snapfit Bigmars know if the shoulder pads are bigger than the older stuff i.e. if some retard bought a chapter upgrade sprue would the shoulders fit the newer stuff? Asking for a friend.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Hey man if you want to put the time and energy into collecting, assembling, and painting an army only to shelve it when the new rules don't immediately wow you, be my guest

While I might disagree with this sentiment, if Beer doesn't like the rules for his guys, he has zero problem with shelving his stuff. I don't think he played a single game of 6th or 7th. That's some conviction.

Also, Beer4theBeerGod, I played against an ork player who basically cloned your 1500 pt. list that stomped me twice and tabled him so maybe I'm ready for a rematch sometime soon.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

richyp posted:

Does anyone who has/has seen the sprues for the non snapfit Bigmars know if the shoulder pads are bigger than the older stuff i.e. if some retard bought a chapter upgrade sprue would the shoulders fit the newer stuff? Asking for a friend.

I put a shoulder from the Blood Angels upgrade sprue onto one of the smaller, knife wielding shoulder from the Reiver set without any trouble at all. I didn't have to shave it down or anything, though it was a slightly more snug fit than with the small marines.

E: For the sake of clarity I think the shoulder I used is the standard size for Primaris. The other shoulder is bit larger due to the fact that you don't actually put a normal shoulder pad on it.

Pendent fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Aug 1, 2017

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

panascope posted:

Imagine playing

I often do...it may even happen one day. Who can say?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Indolent Bastard posted:

I often do...it may even happen one day. Who can say?

Is this some kind of game or something?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Sex Cannon posted:

While I might disagree with this sentiment, if Beer doesn't like the rules for his guys, he has zero problem with shelving his stuff. I don't think he played a single game of 6th or 7th. That's some conviction.

Also, Beer4theBeerGod, I played against an ork player who basically cloned your 1500 pt. list that stomped me twice and tabled him so maybe I'm ready for a rematch sometime soon.

I think I got one game of sixth in.

Sounds like we should get something done then. I also plan on getting these Primaris guys up and running eventually so it should be fun to have some variety.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

GW are running GTs again: https://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/warhammer-40000-grand-tournament/

Might actually go. I wrote up a bullet hell SM/IG list earlier on which would be a laugh to take.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
All that Iron Warriors speculation last page is pretty funny in hindsight. :allears:

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Rulebook Heavily posted:

People tried running https://www.spacemarineheroes.com through google translate.

Best writing from GW in years.

love guns are eternal buddies and trustworthy friends.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Corrode posted:

GW are running GTs again: https://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/warhammer-40000-grand-tournament/

Might actually go. I wrote up a bullet hell SM/IG list earlier on which would be a laugh to take.

Do it. And tell me about bullet hell. :allears:

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Cainer posted:

Exactly why I play AdMech.

Join us.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Naramyth posted:

Do it. And tell me about bullet hell. :allears:

It's slightly less hellish now I realised that Battalions only get 3 HS slots and not 4 but:

SM:

Captain with fist relic
Librarian
Lieutenant with combi-flamer/axe

Ironclad with double HF, chainfist

4x Tacs, 5 dudes and a flamer

2x Devs, 1x 4 HBs, 1x 4 lascannons

6x Razorbacks, 3x las/plas, 3x asscan

IG:

Company Commander
Tempestor Prime
Primaris Psyker

2x Scions, double plasma
1x Infantry, flamer

2x solo Scout Sentinels, autocannons

2x HWTs, autocannons
1x Manticore

2k on the button.

9 CPs (6 really since 3 are going on the Chapter Master), re-rolls to hit everywhere, tons of crowd control, a cheerful squad of IG infantry whose only job is to take up a 3rd Troop slot and stand in front of everyone else to push back deep strikers, and shitloads of auto-, rear end- and lascans, plus two Smiters.

There's obvious fat in there (I had exactly 160pts spare and in went the Ironclad, which is relatively points inefficient but also one of my favourite toys) but gently caress it, it's probably good enough to club some seals.

Zuul the Cat posted:

Exactly why I play AdMech.

Join us.

I'm dying to buy into AdMech but I have no idea how they play or whatever, just that they look awesome. When you already have 4 armies a 5th is extraneous and yet here I am.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

I'm dying to buy into AdMech but I have no idea how they play or whatever, just that they look awesome. When you already have 4 armies a 5th is extraneous and yet here I am.

So far in 8th I've found that you should take as many Neutron Lasers as you can, take Kastelan Robots and take Fulgurite-Electro Priests. The troops choices are okay (Kataphrons are really good, Vanguard and Rangers are garbage), but they're really there as meat (metal?) shields so your robots can get in and beat things to death with their gigantic, hydraulic powered fists.

And obviously, get Cawl and take Cawl. Rerolling any hits in the shootings phase is amazing.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Ironclad with a librarian seems pretty drat efficient to me.

Put might of heroes on that rear end in a top hat for a T9 S14 A5 dreadnought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Zuul the Cat posted:

So far in 8th I've found that you should take as many Neutron Lasers as you can, take Kastelan Robots and take Fulgurite-Electro Priests. The troops choices are okay (Kataphrons are really good, Vanguard and Rangers are garbage), but they're really there as meat (metal?) shields so your robots can get in and beat things to death with their gigantic, hydraulic powered fists.

And obviously, get Cawl and take Cawl. Rerolling any hits in the shootings phase is amazing.

It's a shame because I was going to get a couple the Start Collecting boxes which will leave me with a ton of Skitarii, but then again the Onager things look good and one of those is like 4/5th of the box cost so whatever.

chutche2 posted:

Ironclad with a librarian seems pretty drat efficient to me.

Put might of heroes on that rear end in a top hat for a T9 S14 A5 dreadnought.

Yeah that could be seriously comical.