Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Should have stuck with Cream of Wheat

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Aerdan posted:

The problematic part is the implication that trans girls are only dressing in girls' clothes to trick (or 'trap') boys into having (gay) sex with them, and that they aren't actually girls as a result.

I already knew what trap meant, but I just wanted to say I really, really appreciate it when someone steps up and actually explains a controversial term instead of harping on other people for not knowing why it's so bad.

anchorpunch
Mar 30, 2006
I don't

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

You don't like being outside of FYAD?

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

I know the guy's White House career is dead, but drat, that's cold Harvard.

Scaramucci incorrectly listed as dead in Harvard Law alumni directory

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Doggles posted:

I know the guy's White House career is dead, but drat, that's cold Harvard.

Scaramucci incorrectly listed as dead in Harvard Law alumni directory

Probably hold off on sending out the corrected versions, maybe a week or two. Just in case.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

I'd say LAY OFF, THE MAN HAS A FAMILY but he doesn't anymore

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
They should have :skull emoji: next to The Mooch's entry

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PopeCrunch posted:

I'd say LAY OFF, THE MAN HAS A FAMILY but he doesn't anymore

:sad:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

ElGroucho posted:

They should have :skull emoji: next to The Mooch's entry

Speaking of, Rotten Tomatoes finally got enough reviews in to add a consensus to the Emoji Movie.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kurieg posted:

Speaking of, Rotten Tomatoes finally got enough reviews in to add a consensus to the Emoji Movie.

Is this a surprise to anyone?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://i.imgur.com/aGt2lHh.gifv

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Kurieg posted:

Yea, but it finished second in theaters and made almost $25 million, which is half its budget in the first weekend. It will probably still make a decent amount of money even though it's terrible.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yea, but it finished second in theaters and made almost $25 million, which is half its budget in the first weekend. It will probably still make a decent amount of money even though it's terrible.

Yeah, one of the reviewers was "Let's make no mistake, this is probably one of the worst movies ever made, but people will still probably go see it because it's better than watching the national news right now."

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Parents will take their kids, it just needs to entertain the tikes long enough for Mommy's buzz to wear off.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
plain clothes ICE agent in American flag t-shirt with PROUD across the front drops his gun and blows his ankle off in Orlando International Airport.

I work there and saw it happen. He was slinging his bag over his shoulder and it caught his gun in the holster. He also had a goatee.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kurieg posted:

Context:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/EUzThIT.mp4

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kurieg posted:

Yeah, one of the reviewers was "Let's make no mistake, this is probably one of the worst movies ever made, but people will still probably go see it because it's better than watching the national news right now."

Such a glowing endorsement.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

plain clothes ICE agent in American flag t-shirt with PROUD across the front drops his gun and blows his ankle off in Orlando International Airport.

I work there and saw it happen. He was slinging his bag over his shoulder and it caught his gun in the holster. He also had a goatee.

So I'm assuming guns don't normally just go-off when dropped, right?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

FogHelmut posted:

They do not.

There are some retention holsters that are really unsafe, though.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Iron Crowned posted:

Is this a surprise to anyone?

TJ Miller, perhaps

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

he ded?

i cant stop laughing at this, what the gently caress good could have come from this?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Classis face into the fencing response.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Kurieg posted:

And you know it'll get used on posters and ads:

Kurieg posted:

"Go see it!"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Besesoth posted:

And you know it'll get used on posters and ads:

quote:

"Make no mistake ... go see it ... right now!"

My absolute favourite movie poster dickery is this poster for Legend. See if you can spot what they did:

They included the two star score from The Guardian but the layout makes it look like a four star review.

Edit: stand up comedy review site Chortle recently did an article about comedians who used bullshit quotes in their Edinburgh festival programme blurbs & posters:
http://www.chortle.co.uk/features/2017/07/24/37131/edinburgh_10x10%3A_6._pants_on_fire%21

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 19:49 on Aug 1, 2017

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

FogHelmut posted:

No, only when you shake them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fn6GFSwTEw

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

My absolute favourite movie poster dickery is this poster for Legend. See if you can spot what they did:

They included the two star score from The Guardian but the layout makes it look like a four star review.

I can't even get mad. This is some top-shelf audacity.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

I don't know poo poo about guns and even i can see what a poorly maintained state that gun is in.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Elizabethan Error posted:

I don't know poo poo about guns and even i can see what a poorly maintained state that gun is in.

Nah, that's just a regular ol Taurus which are 100% garbage.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Bird in a Blender posted:

Greenlight for a sequel then.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
They trashed their wedding photographer over a $125 fee, so a jury told them to pay her $1 million

An autumn affair at the Petroleum Club in downtown Dallas, the union of a full-time beauty blogger and the love of her life, appeared to be a gorgeous thing — marred by one misfortune.

Three months after the ceremony, in front of a local television crew, Andrew and Neely Moldovan showed off a box of empty picture frames.

Their photographer was withholding the images, they told NBC affiliate KXAS in January 2015, and was demanding an extra $150 when they’d already paid thousands.

“It’s heartbreaking, because, you know, these are our memories,” Neely Moldovan said.

And many agreed.

And then the story changed.

Polito sued the Moldovans, claiming all they ever had to do to get their glossies was fill out a form, choose options for their wedding album and pay a small charge they had long known about.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-her-1-million/

Here they are deleting all comments about this, and trying to pretend nothing happened.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Neelykins/posts/

When the public tide turns against you, stop digging a hole. Just stop.

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

The saucepan shake of "well, I guess this is cooking is" is what makes this for me.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Useless posted:

The saucepan shake of "well, I guess this is cooking is" is what makes this for me.

Ive seen entire apartment buildings in flames because of poo poo like this hahah

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

drat that looked cool until the end there.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lime Tonics posted:

Following this thread is going to make me so mad but it's actually really absorbing :wooper:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Ive seen entire apartment buildings in flames because of poo poo like this hahah

I had to deal with an apartment fire once where the girl who was cooking French fries started a fire, and instead of reaching for the fire extinguisher in the pantry, called her boyfriend and asked him what to do. He also eschewed the fire extinguisher, in favor of telling her to throw flour on it. After that made it bigger, she called emergency maintenance. Maintenance told her to call the fire department.

People are dumb, and even dumber when they panic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Lime Tonics posted:

They trashed their wedding photographer over a $125 fee, so a jury told them to pay her $1 million

An autumn affair at the Petroleum Club in downtown Dallas, the union of a full-time beauty blogger and the love of her life, appeared to be a gorgeous thing — marred by one misfortune.

Three months after the ceremony, in front of a local television crew, Andrew and Neely Moldovan showed off a box of empty picture frames.

Their photographer was withholding the images, they told NBC affiliate KXAS in January 2015, and was demanding an extra $150 when they’d already paid thousands.

“It’s heartbreaking, because, you know, these are our memories,” Neely Moldovan said.

And many agreed.

And then the story changed.

Polito sued the Moldovans, claiming all they ever had to do to get their glossies was fill out a form, choose options for their wedding album and pay a small charge they had long known about.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-her-1-million/

Here they are deleting all comments about this, and trying to pretend nothing happened.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Neelykins/posts/

Beauty Blogger posted:

broke down and chose our wedding album photos…80 out of 4000 yeah that was like sophies choice

Get owned