Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Okay time for my shittastic picks

Realized i dont have a 2nd line center
Most of whats left is garbage
And a salary cap crunch already way to go
So i found a decent priced center who can get me 20 goals/40-50 points

Patrik Berglund

Now a luxury pick given my cap problems...if i go cheaper now i can splurge later...so im actually going to drafta third liner that can play up and down the lineup...who also got an unsustainable 20 goals

Who is also good for a hilarious breakaway fail every 2 games

Who can kill penalties pretty good and keeps my building my team up front for speed

And probably the only good thing Bergevin has ever done

Paul Byron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Autopick selects the legend himself, Dennis Seidenberg.

Iodized QQ has still yet to make his previous round's selection, therefore Verviticus is back on the clock.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

So let's update the list going into tomorrow:
Up next:
Verviticus (until 10:57 AM EST)
eXXon
Habibi (they will be skipped unless they pick before eXXon)
lazerwolf
Yaya

Still to pick:
Iodized QQ (2 picks)
Habibi (1 pick)

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
alright, ill take pat maroon

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Jake McCabe is an adequate #4 defenseman whose assets include being young and cheap.

Also I picked Cizikas earlier because he scored a remarkable amount of points considering his godawful linemates and is excellent defensively, plus he's got the kind of killer instinct you can't teach.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i like jake mccabe

Due Up:
Lazerwolf (12:34 PM EST)
Yaya
JoJo

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Minnesota Wild select Alexander Nylander

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Winnipeg takes Dan Hamhuis

He's old and not the first pairing defender he used to be but he's still perfectly acceptable on a second pairing.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Yaya posted:

Winnipeg takes Dan Hamhuis

He's old and not the first pairing defender he used to be but he's still perfectly acceptable on a second pairing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddsZTFSfXaw

:mad:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
well, i can rest easy with the consolation that i was never going to get the hamhouse anyway

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
bad news; ham hoose has and is continuing to fall off a cliff

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Verviticus posted:

bad news; ham hoose has and is continuing to fall off a cliff

I suggest you don't look at the list of remaining d-men. It's bad and Hamhuis is seriously a viable option at this point.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

we've picked 116 dmen so realistically there are maybe a few 4s left, a bunch of 5s? yeah i guess thats ok.

hamhuis might have been a 4ish this year but i mean next year he might not be able to skate

also man the forwards have mostly been picked in order of quality with some balancing for youth and such but the defencemen are kind of a mess

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 1, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
i'm fine this is fine my defense will be fine

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
hamhuis was a fine low-upside option on an expiring deal, which is valuable when you have to feed your cap to connor mcdavid in year 2

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Yeah, I love Hamhuis but he's fallen a long way. He was far from good with the Stars last year. I think his back has finally given out after Lucic squashed him back in 2011.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

so this is what i've got so far, i guess

Lehkonen - Backstrom - Marchessault
Tkachuk - Bergeron - Andrighetto
Ritchie - Backlund - Maroon

Slavin - x
Tanev - y
Zaitsev - z

tkachuk is a better player than lehkonen, but lehkonen is basically a future 69 goal scorer so he should probably have the best playmaker. im gonna have a tough time filling out the defence in a way that i'm going to be happy with, though

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, your D is

Slavin - Tanev
Zaitsev - x
y - z

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Joel skipped.

Up next:
Jonathan Fisk (until 4:12 PM EST)
Ginette Reno
Furnaceface

Still to pick:
Iodized QQ (2 picks)
Habibi (2 picks)
JoelJoel (1 pick)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Everyone get a look at all these slow drafting jabronies

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Everyone get a look at all these slow drafting jabronies

seriously guys this is some canucks-ian quality drafting here. doesn't everyone else have a 79 name list of ranked and positionally-segregated players at the ready and you just pick whoever's left at the top?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
I have a list of 56 names.

Yeah i had a lot of free time

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hey now, not all of us have jobs that allow us to stare at spreadsheets all day.

Dallas selects Bryan Rust.

I'm not personally sold because of his sample size and the linemates he's been given, but people seem to swear by him. He should be a fine 3rrd line winger that can slot up into the 2nd if needed. He also gives me some options on wing for my top 9

Could go

Benn - Nylander - Zbad
Parise - Brassard - Fast
- - Rust

or

Benn - Nylander - Fast
Parise - Zbad- Rust
- Brassard -

or something else, depending if a couple wingers on my list make it another round or two.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Ginette selects his top center left, Travis Zajac.

Guentzel-Giroux-Rakell
Silfverberg-Horvat-Brown
X-Zajac-X

Pietrangelo-Miller
Dumoulin-Wideman

Price

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'll take Nick Schmaltz.

Hoffman - ROR - Toffoli
Domi - Shipachyov - X
X - Hanzal - Schmaltz

Scandella - Doughty
Giordano - X
Chabot - X

Darling

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 1, 2017

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'll take Nick Schmaltz.

Hoffman - ROR - Toffoli
Domi - Shipachyov - X
X - Hanzal - Schmaltz

Scandella - Doughty
Giordano - X
Chabot - X

Darling

fuckfuckfuck

Well, this makes my next pick a bit easier at least.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Who loving picked Dion Phaneuf already? :mad::mad:

Zajac and Schmaltz going back to back hosed up my 2 person list so more random player pickings it is. Rangers take Anthony DeAngelo because I guess I should pick some defense at some point and I know his name (and not for good reasons).

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

JoelJoel posted:

Hey now, not all of us have jobs that allow us to stare at spreadsheets all day.

Dallas selects Bryan Rust.

I'm not personally sold because of his sample size and the linemates he's been given, but people seem to swear by him. He should be a fine 3rrd line winger that can slot up into the 2nd if needed. He also gives me some options on wing for my top 9

Could go

Benn - Nylander - Zbad
Parise - Brassard - Fast
- - Rust

or

Benn - Nylander - Fast
Parise - Zbad- Rust
- Brassard -

or something else, depending if a couple wingers on my list make it another round or two.

Rust is awesome. He's one of those guys you can slot in anywhere you need him and he won't be out of place. And he can PK

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'll take Nick Schmaltz.

Hoffman - ROR - Toffoli
Domi - Shipachyov - X
X - Hanzal - Schmaltz

Scandella - Doughty
Giordano - X
Chabot - X

Darling

You bastard

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Rust is awesome. He's one of those guys you can slot in anywhere you need him and he won't be out of place. And he can PK

Good to know.

Also, zajac is a good pick. 30+ can still play, people!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jordan7hm has until 5:31 followed by Technetium, ThinkTank, and Jamwad Hilder. it's gonna be a great day of picking, I feel it

Brett Pesce signed an extension for 6 years 4.025m per so I added that info to the sheet. canes making it rain

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
i'm ready to go if the rest of these dudes are

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Turns out it was a slightly harder decision than expected. I think the two guys I was thinking about will go at some point in the next 40 picks, but I'm gonna take Joel Eriksson Ek. All signs point to him making the Wild out of the gate as either a very protected bottom 6 center or maybe even as a top 6 winger. He's got a legit shot at the Calder if he makes it to the team's top 6.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Aye Doc posted:

Brett Pesce signed an extension for 6 years 4.025m per so I added that info to the sheet. canes making it rain

A good contract for a good defenseman. That means my top 4 D is locked up for the next 5 years, which I love.

e:

Jordan7hm posted:

Turns out it was a slightly harder decision than expected. I think the two guys I was thinking about will go at some point in the next 40 picks, but I'm gonna take Joel Eriksson Ek. All signs point to him making the Wild out of the gate as either a very protected bottom 6 center or maybe even as a top 6 winger. He's got a legit shot at the Calder if he makes it to the team's top 6.

Also this is a very good pick given that most Good Young Guys went earlier in the draft. I had him high on my list and I had hoped he would just keep falling so eventually I could take him.

Kilza fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Aug 1, 2017

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Give me Colin Wilson. It was supposed to be Eriksson Ek but nooooooooooo

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Technetium posted:

Give me Colin Wilson. It was supposed to be Eriksson Ek but nooooooooooo

a Good rear end Pick

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Aye Doc posted:

a Good rear end Pick

He's been near the top of my list for what feels like five rounds now o kept expecting him to go

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Up next:
ThinkTank (until 7:10 PM EST)
Jamwad Hilder
Vincent van Goat
Good Soldier Svejk

Still to pick:
Iodized QQ (2 picks)
Habibi (2 picks)

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

stab posted:

I have a list of 56 names.

Yeah i had a lot of free time

Mine was a little under 90 less than three rounds ago

It's now at 54

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
I have like four, two are prospects, two are over 30 journeymen. I have no idea how to do drafts with this many teams this deep. Prepare for me searching for "hockey players with NHL contracts." and drafting from that.

• Locked thread