Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Augmented Reality
Sep 2, 2011
I went 4-0 and won my first SC on Saturday running Inaldrattanni! It was pretty much standard (Inaldra/Fenn/Dengar) with a couple tweaks, mostly to Dengar.

Here's my list:

Inaldra (14):
Attanni
Light Scyk title

Fenn (32):
Attanni
Title
Autothrusters

Dengar (54):
Attanni
Title
Bossk
Overclocked
Scavenger Crane
Countermeasures

(100)

I literally decided to run this list the night before when my friend was talking about the list using Overclocked to get Fenn both an offensive and defensive focus after shooting had begun. I combined this with one of my favorite combos (especially with lists using heavy munitions floating around), Scavenger Crane + Countermeasures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happylisk
May 19, 2004

Leisure Suit Barry '08
Who's the best wingman for Super Dash in this wave? I've been flying a pretty standard regen poe, but want to try something new. I've been looking at Norra Wexley or a skinny Lothal Rebel. I was also trying to decide whether Wulfarro with ptl, engine upgrade, kanan jarrus, and rey was viable.

I know he's not the best, but super dash is so dang fun to fly.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Happylisk posted:

Who's the best wingman for Super Dash in this wave? I've been flying a pretty standard regen poe, but want to try something new. I've been looking at Norra Wexley or a skinny Lothal Rebel. I was also trying to decide whether Wulfarro with ptl, engine upgrade, kanan jarrus, and rey was viable.

I know he's not the best, but super dash is so dang fun to fly.
YT-2400: · Dash Rendar (36)
· Lone Wolf (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
· Rey (2)
· Outrider (5)
K-Wing: · Miranda Doni (29)
Extra Munitions (2)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Seismic Charges (2)
Cluster Mines (4)
Advanced SLAM (2)
· Sabine Wren (2)
-- TOTAL ------- 99p. --

Miranda and LW Dash is really great. Bank up 3 or 4 focuses on Rey and go nuts. It's pretty easy to keep both guns on the same Target with that and some practice.

Intensity/Comm Relay/R2D2/Title/Autothrusters PS9 Poe is a real good buddy for that same Dash

Happylisk
May 19, 2004

Leisure Suit Barry '08
Thanks for the advice! Haven't tried comm relay poe, I'll give that a shot along with Miranda.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
How do you go nuts with the 3-4 focuses? Is the idea that you avoid combat until you have your reserve and then use them to strike hard?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Also would combining the economy dash with a VCX-100 with Finn, Weapons Engineer, and Fire Control System be viable?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Slandible posted:

Has anything good come of the Tie Aggressor besides the new 4 TLT? I won one over the weekend, but struggling to find a way to put it in a 3 ship Imperial list.

Intensity is good, the ship not so much.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

How do you go nuts with the 3-4 focuses? Is the idea that you avoid combat until you have your reserve and then use them to strike hard?

Going nuts in that you can spend your actions rolling/repositioning and still get a focus for combat. If you're in a good spot and can focus, then you have 2 and can use one on offense and one on defense
Dash needs to be played as a long range arc dodger. With Lone Wolf reroll for blanks, you are really likely to produce 4 hits on each attack.
The Sweet spot for Dash is to be out of arc, or just barely in range 3 for a single ship. If you manage the range bands well, you can pop Biggs' buddies without shooting Biggs

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
LW Dash is not Super Dash. :colbert:

I still think Super Norra works really well with Super Dash, but neither is probably competitive anymore.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Im not a fan of LW/Rey Dash. When your Rey is depleted you become extremely inefficient action wise and only mediocre players will sit there letting you build a focus stack. I find his dmg output to be rather blah for the point investment. Try a lothal rebel with 58 point dash i think its still viable now that Aces have taken a hit.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

banned from Starbucks posted:

Im not a fan of LW/Rey Dash. When your Rey is depleted you become extremely inefficient action wise and only mediocre players will sit there letting you build a focus stack. I find his dmg output to be rather blah for the point investment. Try a lothal rebel with 58 point dash i think its still viable now that Aces have taken a hit.

What is the 58 point Dash?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Dash- HLC, Outrider, Kanan, engine, push the limit.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I haven't played the LW/Rey Dash, but 58 point Super Dash is a blast to fly. You basically get to do whatever you want every turn.

Happylisk
May 19, 2004

Leisure Suit Barry '08

banned from Starbucks posted:

Dash- HLC, Outrider, Kanan, engine, push the limit.

I've been using Kyle on my Super Dash since I felt that ptl, boost, and barrel gave me more than enough mobility. I need to give Kanan a shot.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Kyle was the original crew on super dash. You're basically guaranteed three actions, one of which is a focus. However, you were just slightly predictable with your limited greens.

He was dropped for Kanan because PTL aces, like Soontir, could just donut hole Kyle/Dash forever. That slight predictability was exploitable. Kanan opened the dial to avoid that.

Since Aces are basically dead right now, Kyle is probably the better choice in today's meta.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I think I'm gonna play 3x T-70 with Intensity Poe now that I've bought a TIE Aggressor:

100 Points:

Poe (PS9) [41pts]
+Intensity
+Primed Thrusters
+Vectored Thrusters
+R5-P9

Nien Numb [34pts]
+Primed Thrusters
+Snap Shot
+R3-A2

Jess Pava [25pts]

e: poop I misunderstood how Primed and Nien interact. He's gotta have Pattern Analyzer, which means I need to either drop Poe to PS8 or take Vectored Thrusters off. Probably would drop him to PS8 and add Black One to him.

overdesigned fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 1, 2017

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Did Minefield Mapper ever become a thing? I know pre-release there was a lot of theory around using it.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I don't think there has been an official ruling on it and people might be holding off. 3 SCs these past few weeks, every TO asked if someone had it and no one did. Not knowing if extra munitions gives you the drop or not has destroyed peoples expectations of it. And I think people nowadays like to drop bombs on top of you or in your movement path, they're just easy to avoid once they're down.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
One guy at our two local store champs played Nym with MM, TLT, EM, two Clusters, and probably some other junk, along with a pair of TLT Thugs, dropping the two EM tokens to place some clusters in the center of the board, hide behind them, and TLT guys.

I don't think he did especially well. Definitely didn't make the cut in either event of around 30 people each.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

Since Aces are basically dead right now, Kyle is probably the better choice in today's meta.

This is fair. I like that Kanan makes the entire dial green (essentially), but Kyle does a lot of good work.

That said, Super Norra doesn't work without Kyle, so I'd need a new Dash wingman.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
What are some good ships to work with Dash?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
I want to experiment with running Jan Ors in the HWK-290 with TLT's alongside Dash, to see if its worth giving Dash an extra red die for maximum punch.

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
I've only gone against one Minefield Mapper since the release. It forced my alpha strike to make a detour but otherwise seemed like a waste of good bombs.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What are some good ships to work with Dash?

I personally really like this:

Norra Wexley (29)
Push the Limit (3)
Kyle Katarn (3)
BB-8 (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Alliance Overhaul (0)

Total: 41

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.
Nice... I picked up Dash because Book Depository had it cheap (39% off) will need to give this a go.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Dash really is fun to fly if only to see that big dumbass large-based ship moving in all sorts of hosed up ways that large ships absolutely shouldn't.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
What about Lothar Rebel with Finn and FCS?

Or Keyan w/ E2, Finn, Advanced Sensors, and Rage?

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 2, 2017

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What about Lothar Rebel with Finn and FCS?

Or Keyan w/ E2, Finn, Advanced Sensors, and Rage?

You'll just have to experiment and find out!

Hey guys, I need help finding some kind of vertical display for my pilot/upgrade cards, or something that helps when I have limited table space. Any ideas or recommendations?

*E* "Lothar" rebel?

IronSaber fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Aug 2, 2017

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Funzo posted:

Did Minefield Mapper ever become a thing? I know pre-release there was a lot of theory around using it.

It just doesn't really work in practice. If it worked squad wide then it might be ok. The best you can do right now is drop 2 cluster bombs which people can just fly around.

The Extra Munitions thing seems really clear and a once per opportunity thing, you can discard the token to Map but you've then missed the opportunity to then discard the bomb to Map with that also.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
Has anyone tried running expertise on Dash? I tried the lone wolf/Rey combo which did well. I had banked about 3 to 4 focus tokens before he started attacking but once those tokens ran out, I never really used Rey.
I thought about switching out lone wolf/Rey out for expertise and Jan. My thought is that expertise will help put out more consistent damage since Dash will rarely get stressed (unless someone has a stress build) and Jan would help Dash become a little more tanky when needed.

Poe Dameron HotR (45)
-Autothrusters
-Black One title
-Intensity
-R2-D2
-Comm Relay

Dash Rendar (54)
-Outrider Title
-Expertise
-Heavy Laser Cannon
-Jan Ors

Happylisk
May 19, 2004

Leisure Suit Barry '08
I'm really hesitant to fly Dash without PTL and EU, because any PS8+ ship with a boost action can easily get into your donut hole unless you're really zipping around.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Aramoro posted:

It just doesn't really work in practice. If it worked squad wide then it might be ok. The best you can do right now is drop 2 cluster bombs which people can just fly around.

The Extra Munitions thing seems really clear and a once per opportunity thing, you can discard the token to Map but you've then missed the opportunity to then discard the bomb to Map with that also.

Yeah the mines used competitively are ones where you literally dump them right on top of a ship and minefield mapper doesn't do that.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

Happylisk posted:

I'm really hesitant to fly Dash without PTL and EU, because any PS8+ ship with a boost action can easily get into your donut hole unless you're really zipping around.

Ya, I like super Dash a lot more.
Maybe this?
YT-2400 Freighter: •Dash Rendar (58)
Engine Upgrade (4)
•Outrider (5)
Push the Limit (3)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
•Kanan Jarrus (3)

ARC-170: •Norra Wexley (41)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Alliance Overhaul (0)
Push the Limit (3)
•Nien Nunb (1)
•R2-D2 (4)

Total: 99/100

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I like BB-8 and Kyle on the ARC, but that one seems solid.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
The other idea with Dash that I was thinking about is using a Lothal Rebel as a battling ram and fly it aggressively while Dash skirts around firing his HLC:

Dash Rendar (58)
-EU
-Title
-PTL
-HLC
-Kanan

Lothal Rebel (42)
-Anti Pursuit Lasers
-Fire control system
-Autoblaster Turret
-Wookie Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

lazerus06 posted:

The other idea with Dash that I was thinking about is using a Lothal Rebel as a battling ram and fly it aggressively while Dash skirts around firing his HLC:

Dash Rendar (58)
-EU
-Title
-PTL
-HLC
-Kanan

Lothal Rebel (42)
-Anti Pursuit Lasers
-Fire control system
-Autoblaster Turret
-Wookie Commandos

Why FCS on the Lothal Rebel?

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Why FCS on the Lothal Rebel?

Good point, with wookie commandos, I am getting some sort of reroll with the primary. Accuracy corrector may be better but doesn't fit for the points.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

lazerus06 posted:

Good point, with wookie commandos, I am getting some sort of reroll with the primary. Accuracy corrector may be better but doesn't fit for the points.

I had fun with FCS, Finn, and Zeb riding with Hera but that required using the cheaper version of Dash.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
So I am having a tough time deciding between these two Poe/Dash lists. I really like super Dash more, but is it worth loosing intensity Poe?

Sensor Cluster Poe lets me attack first (hopefully) and when defending, use his ability to turn a focus to turn a focus result to an evade, and then use the focus to turn a blank to an evade. Only problem is that I won't ever be able to boost and focus together but I get super Dash

Intensity Poe lets me get the boost and a focus if I use intensity and maintain an evade until I use it but no Super Dash.

List 1:
Poe Dameron (original version)
-Title
-Autothrusters
-Adaptability (PS9)
-R2-D2
-Sensor Cluster

Dash Rendar
-Engine Upgrade
-Title
-Push the Limit
-HLC
-Kanan

List 2:
Poe Dameron (HotR version)
-Autothrusters
-Title
-Intensity
-R2-D2
-Comm Relay

Dash Rendar
-Smuggling Compartment
-Title
-Lone Wolf
-HLC
-Rey
-Rigged Cargo Chute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Your second list is my current favorite, and I can tell you in your first list that you will rarely if ever actually get to blow a target lock with the title, because you need that action to get a focus.

• Locked thread