Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah, so just pledge $1 for the Wave 1 $1 pledge instead of getting stuck with Wave 2 and I assume you can still buy exactly the same stuff including core sets. It's what I just did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah, so just pledge $1 for the Wave 1 $1 pledge instead of getting stuck with Wave 2 and I assume you can still buy exactly the same stuff including core sets. It's what I just did.

Yep, just did that. Now to sit and watch the addons.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Leperflesh posted:

I figured I'd hit at least $100 worth of stuff this time around so I pledged $100 to boost the campaign now rather than at the end like I normally do.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've got a thousand bucks worth of Bones at home, I have to stay strong and not go whole hog on this one. I'm going to pick out specific items I really want and only buy them. That's the plan. Yes. I am going to do this.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Indolent Bastard posted:

I figured I'd hit at least $100 worth of stuff this time around so I pledged $100 to boost the campaign now rather than at the end like I normally do.

Yeah, I think they're trying to keep a balance between funding and coasting. In all likelihood, the $1 coasters will add plenty of money later on, but they need to coax people to actually fund the kickstarter, so they couldn't just make all seats $1.

Leperflesh posted:

I've got a thousand bucks worth of Bones at home, I have to stay strong and not go whole hog on this one. I'm going to pick out specific items I really want and only buy them. That's the plan. Yes. I am going to do this.

So many lies. Lies to Reaper, lies to your fellow goontrymen, and lies to yourself. :(

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

This was actually a lot more bearable than most of you made it out to be.
I did all 3 others bones Kickstarters, not like I can stop now...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

So many lies. Lies to Reaper, lies to your fellow goontrymen, and lies to yourself. :(

And lies to you, too. I'm one of several goons who owe you a painted Bone. I haven't forgotten.

Actually, PM me your address.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Imazul posted:

I did all 3 others bones Kickstarters, not like I can stop now...

The only way out is through.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Baba Yaga Baba Yaga Baba Yaga BABA loving YAGA.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

High Rollers

So goofy, and I have zero use for them, so of course I'll be getting a set.

Bear Is Driving
Mar 30, 2003

Those are so silly and useless but I need to have that little d6 wizard familiar for some reason.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Indolent Bastard posted:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I know it ultimately doesn't really matter but the 'map' graphic is way more confusing this time around than its equivalents from previous campaigns

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I would buy that High Rollers set only if the d10 was a vampire.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I almost hope nothing is happening at Reaper HQ except a whole bunch of watching screens and side betting as to when they will hit goals.

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer
Last time they let you break out individual pieces of the core, or at least the stretch goal parts so I am probably going to do that. I still did a $100 pledge to push them towards more Baba Yagaish stretch goals though.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Indolent Bastard posted:

High Rollers

Welcome to the future: instead of using dice for your miniatures, you can use miniatures for your dice miniatures.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
There is nothing I want from this.

Nothing.

No. Thing.

*follows*

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer
I haven't painted a miniature in years but that demon is dope as gently caress so I just blew over a hundred bucks.

I guess I have until February-ish to buy some paints and stuff.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

thespaceinvader posted:

There is nothing I want from this.

Nothing.

No. Thing.

*follows*

See I'm playing it safe. I bought in at a dollar, just a single lonely dollar.

Tomorrow, I will double that dollar. And the day after that, I will double the previous day. And so on.

Yep, playing it safe.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

gizmojumpjet posted:

I guess I have until February-ish to buy some paints and stuff.

February-ish 2019 mind you. These things take a while.

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer

PirateDentist posted:

February-ish 2019 mind you. These things take a while.

My greatest regret in life is that I never learned to read.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Indolent Bastard posted:

I did the same, and though some of the add-ons look kinda tempting, there's only one thing I really want:

Peas and Rice posted:

Baba Yaga Baba Yaga Baba Yaga BABA loving YAGA.

...yeah.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

This was actually a lot more bearable than most of you made it out to be.
That dire crab though.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
On the whole, I like the sculpts so far in 4 way more than I did at the beginning of 3. I might even grab a core kit since it's shaping up to be a pretty awesome value.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

The core set is always nice for filling out flak but I kinda wish they didn't put the dragon in it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Cat Face Joe posted:

The core set is always nice for filling out flak but I kinda wish they didn't put the dragon in it.

It's there because a lot of people said they didn't need the big box of mooks for a fourth time and were only going to get big stuff and dragons, and now they have to get the core set if they want to be dragon completionists. Check mate, nerds.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Minitaurs. Godammit, I think I'm in for the core plus add ins.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
They're really blowing out the core set this time around. The minotaurs are pretty awesome.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Managed to sneak in a Wave 1 $1 pledge. If nothing else I'm in for that sweet zombie dragon when it gets unlocked.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

boooo at over $300,000 just for Chronoscope models.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

those minotaurs are teeny, they're shorter than Sir Forscale

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

those minotaurs are teeny, they're shorter than Sir Forscale

MINItaurs

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

oh my god how did I not notice that

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I really hope they don't try to put dragons in other sets or something for the whole KS. I was pretty happy with my 90% dragons box last time.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I'm guessing that they'll keep a lot of them as addons, probably just tuck one or two into the bigger sets. Last time they had options to break out individual parts of the core set if you wanted, so you might even be able to just scoop up the dragon if you want.

I am not sold on Chronoscope, there are a handful of miniatures in there that are fun (dinocops) but a lot are pretty 'eh'. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
No Brood Dragon no sale.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
Chances are they will offer addons to the core set as separate addons, as they have in the past, so if you really want minitaurs while boldly displaying your iron willpower by not buying the core dragon, you'll probably be able to. Reaperbryan's pretty much said as much in the past.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Here come the paints. They know my weakness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
Are they rearranging what order they release stuff in? I thought expansions and paints tended to wait for the middle of the KS. Also, opening with a Chrono expansion.

• Locked thread