Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

McGlockenshire posted:

I know we just had a title change but

https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/892497170754097152

TRUMP193: That White House is a real dump.

lmao

eddard balls, first of his name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Realistically how much can Trump delay on the Russia sanctions? Either continuing to refuse to sign it or attempting to veto it?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Texas talks big game but they don't have a large naval base like Cali nor do they have ICBMs. Only lots of tanks. Sad!

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Question, can someone update me or point to a source that updates me on who the Moderators are in C-Spam now? And exactly what the gently caress is an "ik" and who are they?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the coming balzakination of the us will not be split along state lines.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
trump should veto every bill that comes across his desk until congress passes healthcare!!!!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
that thread is a real dump

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
*shits on the floor*

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Joementum posted:

he can still veto it

congress would have to vote again to override the veto
I was surprised to hear he wouldn't veto it because knowing that congress would override it if he did requires long-term thinking AND a desire not to get petty revenge on them by making them come back in to vote on something during recess.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Brother Friendship posted:

Nixon may deserve your hate but he also deserves your respect.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
We're going to break the thread title button at this rate

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
lmao Fox news would be a 24/7 nonstop loop of their on-air personalities doing Felix Biedermans "SIR SIRRR" voice if Obama had ever called the White House a piece of poo poo.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

angerbeet posted:

We're going to break the thread title button at this rate

who says we didn;t

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Venom Snake posted:

If you want an answer wrt why haven't we gone to war with Iran yet it's because even amongst the most war addled neocons there is some recognition that Irans military is not a rusting soviet relic like Iraq and so far in 5000 years only Alexander the Great has ever successful invaded the area

that didnt stop us from going to afghanistan

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
where's the loving gold furniture??

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Dork457 posted:

Realistically how much can Trump delay on the Russia sanctions? Either continuing to refuse to sign it or attempting to veto it?

There's enough votes to override it.

It just puts him in a worse position if he does it, so expect him to do it.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Venom Snake posted:

Texas talks big game but they don't have a large naval base like Cali nor do they have ICBMs. Only lots of tanks. Sad!
We have the F-35 factory.

Oh wait

Oh God no

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

wray is bad, right?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dislike button posted:

that didnt stop us from going to afghanistan

Yeah but they have never had a big scary military actually probably capable of sinking a carrier

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
one of afghanistan's nicknames is literally 'the graveyard of empires' lol

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sure there is a tweet for it but I definitely remember him praising how awesome the WH is on the campaign trail. Now? A real dump of a home.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Shageletic posted:

There's enough votes to override it.

It just puts him in a worse position if he does it, so expect him to do it.

I mean time-wise. When does he have to sign it by and how long would overriding the veto take?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Dork457 posted:

the clock runs out next Tuesday and it will become law at that point if congress is in session or not become law of congress is not in session

(congress.gov says it was presented to the president on July 28, so ten days from that date, excluding Sundays, despite the White House denying they've seen it)

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Venom Snake posted:

military actually probably capable of sinking a carrier

huh i wonder why that is

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dislike button posted:

one of afghanistan's nicknames is literally 'the graveyard of empires' lol

How can you say that when the US successfully withdre... *reads card* ...what do you mean we're still fighting there?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Texas also has Raytheon's space and missile systems.

Which means lasers.

We'll put lasers on tanks.

Pew pew.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dislike button posted:

huh i wonder why that is

I'm not sure what your point is considering we have been loving around with Afghanistan strategically since the 70's

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Venom Snake posted:

It's kind of weird that we don't because you'd think the Gulf would demand multiple naval bases; especially with the issues that exist in Central America and the northern part of South America.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

No Friend of Gravity posted:

As a dog owner: dogs are just autistic wolves

There was an interesting Radio Lab story about a Russian fox breeding program. Foxes that were afraid of humans did not breed, but friendly foxes did.

What ended up happening was aggressiveness bred out; this appears to coincide with adrenaline deficiencies.

Curiously, this led to markedly different changes - these foxes developed floppy ears, and a more delicate appearance. One theory as to what happened is the foxes remain, essentially, kits - adolescents.

A similar thought is that this applies to all domesticated animals - dogs being just puppies.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Venom Snake posted:

I'm not sure what your point is considering we have been loving around with Afghanistan strategically since the 70's

they are a landlocked country

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

brilliant

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i just realized the implications of this and lol

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
getting a carrier sunk in 2018 would be rlly great for JEB!

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dislike button posted:

they are a landlocked country

oh I thought you were making a joke about us keeping them in the stone age for several decades

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what is the proper etiquette for when someone gets a nose bleed in a swimming pool because i dont think continuing to swim is it but that is what i witnessed today

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Venom Snake posted:

If you want an answer wrt why haven't we gone to war with Iran yet it's because even amongst the most war addled neocons there is some recognition that Irans military is not a rusting soviet relic like Iraq and so far in 5000 years only Alexander the Great has ever successful invaded the area
???

(this is just AD guys)

- Rashidun Caliphate
- Turks
- Seljuqs
- Khwarezmids
- Georgians
- Mongols
- Timurids
- Kurds & Azerbaijanis
- Russians
- Rando tribal guys (like The Shah who was forced to abdicate by:)
- British + Russians

People have been taking chunks out of Iran/Persia or totally changing who's in charge since forever. It's just a normal place that's not an island.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Venom Snake posted:

Jesus, how are you wrong about loving everything

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

i like how people talk about afghanistan as if it ever was a real country with some measure of central governance

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

radical meme posted:

It's kind of weird that we don't because you'd think the Gulf would demand multiple naval bases; especially with the issues that exist in Central America and the northern part of South America.

Yeah going to solve drug crime and corruption in south/central america with a carrier group and some missile subs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

more like Alexander the Not So Great

• Locked thread