Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

So I can log in to my old many years dormant secret world account but can't see a way to link it to a secret world legends one. I was told I should just be able to log in with my old info on the legends site but no deal.

Do I just make a new legends account and then is there an option to link?

Is it even worth it? I hardly got any cosmetics on my old account that I remember, I think I just about finished Egypt back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Tallgeese posted:

If you bought TSW Ultimate Edition, you even get an exclusive recolor of that Supernatural DLC outfit!

It's very... earthy.

Is that per account or one character redemption only?

Pryce
May 21, 2011

NLJP posted:

So I can log in to my old many years dormant secret world account but can't see a way to link it to a secret world legends one. I was told I should just be able to log in with my old info on the legends site but no deal.

Is it even worth it? I hardly got any cosmetics on my old account that I remember, I think I just about finished Egypt back then.

https://secretworldlegends.com/news/legacy-transfers/

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
How to copy your non-Steam install and set it up to work with Steam.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Are there any build planners (or even an updated wiki) to show all the new weapon trees? I had a lovely Blood/Fist build in TSW that could faceroll Tokyo and picked that combination for my SWL character, but I have no idea if the build could be recreated or not. It looks like there's a higher-tier weapon tree you unlock by getting the "capstone" buff from your current tree... is there a way to view it? The only button I saw that looked relevant just brought up an explanatory video when I clicked on it.

e: Is slotting passives from other trees no longer a thing or is it just impractical due to SP gain rates?

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Aug 1, 2017

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

NLJP posted:

It's definitely worth it for getting all the weapons and uniform sets associated with the classes for free.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Hello Sailor posted:

Are there any build planners (or even an updated wiki) to show all the new weapon trees? I had a lovely Blood/Fist build in TSW that could faceroll Tokyo and picked that combination for my SWL character, but I have no idea if the build could be recreated or not. It looks like there's a higher-tier weapon tree you unlock by getting the "capstone" buff from your current tree... is there a way to view it? The only button I saw that looked relevant just brought up an explanatory video when I clicked on it.

e: Is slotting passives from other trees no longer a thing or is it just impractical due to SP gain rates?
No build planner that I've seen so far, unfortunately. As for your other questions, there aren't higher tiers of weapon trees after capstones (they just unlock outfits and passive stat boosts), so what you see is what you get. Regarding passives, they're all pretty much weapon-specific now, and there's not a lot of synergy between weapons, so mostly you just slot whatever improves your best primary weapon abilities. On average, builds don't slot more than one active and one passive from their secondary weapon, but you can go up to two of each depending (Fixed Game Pistol builds, AR secondary builds that don't want to have to deal with grenades, etc.)

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Is this TSW update Steam's downloading that says it's SWL actually making my good janky TSW into bad janky SWL, or is it just a regular update.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Bad janky SWL. If you owned TSW on Steam, it's SWL now. Think it autolinks your Funcom account to Steam as well, but you can one-time-undo that and keep playing through the Funcom launcher AFAIK.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
gently caress. Well, we had a good run TSW. :(

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Bogart posted:

Last time I looked, TSW was gone, but for a bit before that Steam was listing it as something like Secret World Unlimited.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Bogart posted:

Nothing stopping you from continuing to play it if you want.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Len posted:

How do you know elites weren't always tuned to drop more gear than distillates since gear is more worthless getting a purple to max level?

Purple is only halfway too. There is also yellow and (I assume) red.

Ah. Hahaha. Hah. :shepface:

M_Sinistrari posted:

Last time I looked, TSW was gone, but for a bit before that Steam was listing it as something like Secret World Unlimited.

I didn't even notice. I'm guessing by the lack of noise that player population of Old TSW flatlined once SWL came out.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Aug 1, 2017

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Ok that's my point though, it says I should be able to log in to both with the same account info (my old TSW account has a retail key but long expired subscription). I can log in to TSW but not TSW:L.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

DancingShade posted:

Purple is only halfway too. There is also yellow and (I assume) red.

Ah. Hahaha. Hah. :shepface:

I didn't even notice. I'm guessing by the lack of noise that player population of Old TSW flatlined once SWL came out.

It listed weird. Had the title and image, but as far as any other information it looked more like it was a placeholder listing that ended up getting pulled.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

DancingShade posted:

Nah they all spoke up and changed reviews back when it got changed to Legends in the Steam listing. They've long since made their opinion known and switched or just quit.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Morglon posted:

Nah they all spoke up and changed reviews back when it got changed to Legends in the Steam listing. They've long since made their opinion known and switched or just quit.

"I talked 3 of my friends into downloading this game with me. After playing this game for 1 hour I have not only uninstalled this game, but I have lost 2 of my 3 friends in the process. The fighting is♥♥♥♥♥ The story is okay. I rate 3 dabs out of 10."

Thanks Steam reviews :toot:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Flappy already got ahotfix because it's hp was too high and most of the first run groups couldn't clear it before the 30 minute timer ticked.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I am not completely sure I got anything from the box.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Personal pride, perhaps?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

So what exactly is involved with the event pop I got when I logged in? Just logging in and that curio box or is there more?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Kill the group raid boss to open the box.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
There's an event today? How long is it going to last? Please say it's not just a one-day thing.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

prefect posted:

There's an event today? How long is it going to last? Please say it's not just a one-day thing.

Until the 15th I think.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

prefect posted:

So far it looks like today's The Bird is the Word in the public raid jump point.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Richard M Nixon posted:

Until the 15th I think.

The event lasts until August 15th. There are flappy raids (Go in argatha and at the main hub area there is a jump point for the public raid) every hour

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I never saw flappy bird in TSW so I'm not complaining and you can win hideous cosmetic items from boxes as well!

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Len posted:

Flappy already got ahotfix because it's hp was too high and most of the first run groups couldn't clear it before the 30 minute timer ticked.

I think most did, but a number didn't. The HP was definitely way too high

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Just got in a group that cleared him in just over 15 minutes. Seemed like a perfectly reasonable encounter.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Well, that's a pretty standard 40-man boss. "Don't stand in the bad stuff, good luck spotting the bad stuff amongst all the flash and revenant summons."

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Bruceski posted:

Well, that's a pretty standard 40-man boss. "Don't stand in the bad stuff, good luck spotting the bad stuff amongst all the flash and revenant summons."

He's got a big "kill everyone" move that appears to not be working right now.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Bruceski posted:

And hope to actually get out of the bad stuff in a timely fashion with the sort of usual lag that happens during these things.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

M_Sinistrari posted:

And hope to actually get out of the bad stuff in a timely fashion with the sort of usual lag that happens during these things.

I'm proud of only dying once, when everything seemed to happen at the same time and I got bounced from one bad zone into another and so on. I'm running shotgun/rifle so most of the time I'm healing any incidental damage while my shotgun energy refills and if things get really bad I can simply back up and deal with it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Did everybody get the same stuff (machine hands/boots) out of the first cache, or is it simply that with X items and no suplicates it's gonna take 10 days to get em all no matter the order?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I got the title from my first box.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Bruceski posted:

Did everybody get the same stuff (machine hands/boots) out of the first cache, or is it simply that with X items and no suplicates it's gonna take 10 days to get em all no matter the order?

I got the gloves and boots too. From what I could figure from the site, it's 10 days of event boxes to get everything for the event, and after that it just gives shards. You can miss a day and still not lose out on the box rewards. I'm going to check in a few to see if all the event lore's still all in Agartha.

I did hear someone in chat say that for each birdkill achievement, there's another wardrobe unlock. Is this true or were they just rambling?

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
If I link an old account, I get all weapon unlocks by default, so I should just pick a class with an outfit I like right?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Oh, poo poo, this is the "Whispering Tide" event! I missed this in TSW and as a result, I had this shameful gap in my Lore collection. :neckbeard:

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

M_Sinistrari posted:

I did hear someone in chat say that for each birdkill achievement, there's another wardrobe unlock. Is this true or were they just rambling?

I can't imagine it's true, it costs 150k marks to buy out the vendor as it is.

(The Custodian standing by the Deep Agartha pad is a vendor.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Double Plus Undead posted:

If I link an old account, I get all weapon unlocks by default, so I should just pick a class with an outfit I like right?

You get all the outfits, too; so might as well go with the class that'll save you from having to buy a weapon.