Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That red clip plate as a fish is killing me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

cheese-cube posted:

Those Paradiso sets have dope base-plates.

That's how I found them. I was browsing different baseplates for pirates stuff and saw one I hadn't seen. That led to more. And they all seem to be unique. I think 3 of them are ocean/water based and can only be found in 1 set.

E: it seems there were a lot of baseplates unique to a single set in the 90s. I am guessing that is a part of the reason Lego was struggling. But man, a lot of those are really cool.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Aug 1, 2017

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Lord Hydronium posted:

I always secretly wanted those sets as a kid, but I did think they were too "girly" and never asked for or bought them. Gender norms are weird and dumb.

:same:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My brother got that one with the dome windows for Xmas and was like :wtf: and gave it to me. I still have the windows and the figs.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1AFq-dZiFw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58eUd_J1dRA

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Actually I reckon the Paradiso base plates probably fit together in texture and theme like this:

pre:
6410 6411
There's probably a catalogue somewhere which shows a combined layout or something. Would look super awesome.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/892414682673414145

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Finally, UCS Duplo!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

A 9.72-decker bus?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

It's Disappointment3

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I don't think it is an 8193 piece set.

But a 30x54x60 cm box is possible.

UCS stupid star wars ship re-release?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

It's probably Buckingham Palace which is rumoured to be replacing Sydney Opera House.

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

Because yes we actually DID want that land

PriorMarcus posted:

It's probably Buckingham Palace which is rumoured to be replacing Sydney Opera House.

As someone on reddit noticed, it's probably the Millenium Falcon. That or Lego are massive trolls and just used a falcon box under the wrapping to mess with people.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

N17R4M posted:

As someone on reddit noticed, it's probably the Millenium Falcon. That or Lego are massive trolls and just used a falcon box under the wrapping to mess with people.

What am I supposed to be seeing here?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ninjago City?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The_Doctor posted:

Ninjago City?

no

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Man local stores are so accommodating!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

TacoNight posted:

Finally, UCS Duplo!

Holy poo poo please. a 1:10 scale falcon.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
dammit lego why do you keep doing this to me

this better be something terrible that I don't want to buy

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Waltzing Along posted:

What am I supposed to be seeing here?

in the top left you can see the lego movie, then what looks like a cockpit underneath it

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

When do they announce the Winter Village stuff?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
This one is easier to see.

A lego logo, and then the falcon cockpit. But maybe they are just using an old box because they don't have a new box.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Koramei posted:

in the top left you can see the lego movie, then what looks like a cockpit underneath it

I can see it now.

It's definitely the falcon.

Gonna be $$. Guessing $599.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I see it, it just seems weird they'd use the London bus as a comparison.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
I've been working mad overtime the last few months, so if it really is a new UCS Falcon, I'm getting it no matter what it costs.

I guess I have till it comes out to figure out where to put it in my small and already overcrowded with stuff flat.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Groetgaffel posted:

I've been working mad overtime the last few months, so if it really is a new UCS Falcon, I'm getting it no matter what it costs.

I guess I have till it comes out to figure out where to put it in my small and already overcrowded with stuff flat.

Hang it from the ceiling. Or nail it to the wall.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Alright. Got some doubles, but they are unopened so I can return them to the store if need be...

but all I'm missing seems to be:

Green Ninja
Luh-Loyd's mom(?)
Anglerfish head
IT Tech girl

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
We can just hope it's OG Falcon not the one from the new movie.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hopper posted:

We can just hope it's OG Falcon not the one from the new movie.

They'll probably include both dishes so it could be either.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Random rusty bits and a square dish

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
It's weird that that Double Decker bus has just launched. My Lego store has literally had it on the shelves for most of July.

Also: I am googling around, but ya'll let me know if you run across a Ninjago Movie Fire Mech pose-able Knee Mod.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Feenix posted:

It's weird that that Double Decker bus has just launched. My Lego store has literally had it on the shelves for most of July.

It was VIP only last month.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

duz posted:

It was VIP only last month.

Yes but it was physically on shelves. Do they just tell non-VIPS to go gently caress off? :)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ok, maybe it's just cause I'm on my phone but where the hell are you guys seeing a falcon cockpit in that picture?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Go left from the lego logo in the picture. Even though it is upside down. the cockpit starts approx 20% of the way between the edge and the logo moving L to R. It's about 20% below the top of the logo, as well. Also, above it you can see the outline of the lego logo through the paper.

You won't be able to see it on a phone.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

veni veni veni posted:

Ok, maybe it's just cause I'm on my phone but where the hell are you guys seeing a falcon cockpit in that picture?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
I can see it on my phone. :smug:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I also see it on my phone

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Feenix posted:

Yes but it was physically on shelves. Do they just tell non-VIPS to go gently caress off? :)

No, they tell them they have to sign up for the free VIP program to be able to buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ah, yup. That's almost certainly the falcon.

Man, I'm torn on how much I'm gonna want that but the 5-600 it's going to cost is more than I'd ever want to pay for a Lego set.