Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I wonder if Les Miles figured out what offense was during his sabbatical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want Nutt to be the next UF coach

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Randaconda posted:

:fuckoff:

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Our media team/marching band did a cool recreation of the Last Chance U intro:

https://twitter.com/GamecockFB/status/892514431321636864

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

They also misspelled "Scholarship" on the letters...

https://twitter.com/ECUPiratesFB/status/892344779102670848

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Randaconda posted:

We'll make him the next Mr. Two Bits and convince him he's actually the coach.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Scarf posted:

They also misspelled "Scholarship" on the letters...

https://twitter.com/ECUPiratesFB/status/892344779102670848

Nope, its a work around from scholarship limits. By offering as many scholarhips as they want and the NCAA can't do poo poo.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Speaking of offer letters

http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2017/08/official_written_scholarship_o.html

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think this early on any list you see of candidates for the Ole Miss job is probably people just guessing

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Not called a Letter of Marque. Missed opportunity.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

It would be phenomenal if Les Miles got the job and ran some wacky flexbone option and won a natty.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm really excited for this season y'all, after last year everything coming up is just gravy

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I was going to make fun of #P1R8TES but apparently all of those offer letters have their own bad hashtag with 18 in it.

#NE18RASKA

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

wa27 posted:

I was going to make fun of #P1R8TES but apparently all of those offer letters have their own bad hashtag with 18 in it.

#NE18RASKA

Iowa's lately has been "#swarm+year", which, sure, whatever.

(Swarm is what they call the deal where the team runs out of the tunnel holding hands)

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

wandler20 posted:

Leonard? Oh boy.

Randaconda posted:

God drat it.

Oh, well. A New Year's Six bowl is still good, especially if we also beat the Gators.

On a nice-for-us note, here's 10 minutes of today's practice
http://www.tallahassee.com/videos/sports/college/fsu/football/2017/08/01/watch-highlights-fsus-first-practice-fall-camp/104205092/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZpYyvnx9uI

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Aug 2, 2017

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Joey Freshwater posted:

Nah that's rad as hell, I'd be stoked to get something like that

Some dillhole at CBS thinks Butch would leave Tennessee for the Ole Miss job on the basis that Butch recently signed Jimmy Sexton as his agent:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/fifteen-realistic-candidates-to-replace-hugh-freeze-at-ole-miss-in-2018/

He's got him at #3 behind Matt Luke & Les Miles

I don't think Les is coaching in P5 again. He got turned down by Purdue, for goodness sake. He could have some bright golden years in the MAC like Solich if he's not too proud though.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Aug 2, 2017

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
Two years ago I asked you guys if it was worth going to grad school for sports management. Tonight, I got to shitpost from Nick Saban's living room. Thanks, TFF.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

wootmachine posted:

Two years ago I asked you guys if it was worth going to grad school for sports management. Tonight, I got to shitpost from Nick Saban's living room. Thanks, TFF.

Come back when he takes you to the sacrifice room.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

wootmachine posted:

Tell him Clemson says what's up.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

wootmachine posted:

Getting to meet the greats is the best part of a masters in Sports Management! Pat Summit was a really impressive lady.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Getting to meet the greats is the best part of a masters in Sports Management! Pat Summit was a really impressive lady.

I'm sure it was a memorable experience.

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN

Crotch Bat posted:

Come back when he takes you to the sacrifice room.

The closest I came to dying today was being on the golf cart that Dylan Moses flipped.

Sacrifice room was dope, tho.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

wootmachine posted:

Be careful not to accidentally step on him

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

wootmachine posted:

Were you wearing the T-shirt of your avatar? You should have been :colbert:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I didn't realize he took physical form on Tuesdays

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

wootmachine posted:

Steal something

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It's really weird seeing jobs for like, assistant coaching positions appear on indeed.com. I know it's just because public universities in a lot of states have to publish all jobs, and then Indeed publishes all their jobs, but it's still weird.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

General Dog posted:

I don't think Les is coaching in P5 again. He got turned down by Purdue, for goodness sake. He could have some bright golden years in the MAC like Solich if he's not too proud though.

It's hard to believe at least one P5 school won't take a flyer on a championship winning coach.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Randaconda posted:

It's hard to believe at least one P5 school won't take a flyer on a championship winning coach.

He's 63. No AD that still wants a job is going to risk wasting 3-5 years on a guy who might well retire before you fire him. Athletics is so forward-thinking now that trying to get a good job as an old coach gets harder each year. No AD wants the odds to be pretty good in favor of having to reboot again 5 years down the road and having "hired old, out-of-touch coach" as a strike against them to their bosses.

The idea of Les Miles is way more appealing to fans than to the people who actually make those hires.

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy

Crotch Bat posted:

He's 63. No AD that still wants a job is going to risk wasting 3-5 years on a guy who might well retire before you fire him. Athletics is so forward-thinking now that trying to get a good job as an old coach gets harder each year. No AD wants the odds to be pretty good in favor of having to reboot again 5 years down the road and having "hired old, out-of-touch coach" as a strike against them to their bosses.

Sup.

Outlaw Mailman fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Aug 2, 2017

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Listen, Nebraska has been making bad HC decisions for 15 years now, I can't explain that away.

As a side note, holy poo poo it's really been 15 years since Solich was fired. Poor Nebraska fans.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

The idea of Les Miles is way more appealing to fans than to the people who actually make those hires.

I could see Les as a stop gap to get through NCAA sanctions. He ran a clean enough ship at LSU that I don't ever remember hearing of them on any NCAA related radar. I mean, they were totally cheating but hid it well enough to give a squeaky clean appearance.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Randaconda posted:

So we're counting those two Grey Cups then

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Crotch Bat posted:

Poor Nebraska fans.

Sarcastic or not, never feel sorry for Nebraska fans, we are easily in the bottom five fanbases in college sports. We deserve the slop we're fed.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Seaniqua posted:

Sarcastic or not, never feel sorry for Nebraska fans, we are easily in the bottom five fanbases in college sports. We deserve the slop we're fed.

Goddammit it's no fun if y'all agree with me

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
You can still make fun of us for unironically enjoying runzas

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ESPN's announcing teams have been listed

quote:

With Brent Musburger’s retirement and Jesse Palmer moving to the studio to replace Danny Kanell, it also means the SEC Network will have an entirely new trio calling their Saturday night package in Tom Hart, Jordan Rodgers of The Bachelorette fame, and Cole Cubelic

lmao

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Jordon Rodgers. Only famous because his brother is Aaron :ughh:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Ara Parseghian, Rudy's coach from the film Rudy, based on true* events, died today at 94.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

Jordon Rodgers. Only famous because his brother is Aaron :ughh:

I betcha that was a demand from Disney because #branding

plus SEC Network is a throwaway channel for them anyway so I doubt they care who's in the booth.

• Locked thread