Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

zoux posted:

I want to fight this sign.

Well bullying is bad but you said "we do geek" so now i have to beat the poo poo out of you otherwise you wont learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
:nws: :nws:

This was taken during a big rear end metal show in Venezuela around 10 years ago and I could never unsee it. It's the essence of the metal dudes around that time. It's perfect.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Not sure if it's actually really cool

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

The beard, haircut, glasses and pallid skin just scream 'weirdo shut-in' but like, weirdo shut-in from a different era. This is your daddy's weirdo shut-in.

Kudos to him though for getting the courage up to leave the basement and presumably travel to France.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i want to think he grew the beard specifically to give that vibe when he made his debut.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ralph Crammed In posted:

This is your daddy's weirdo shut-in.

Probably literally, with the time it took him to memorize that dictionary!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

System Metternich posted:

Not sure if it's actually really cool

This dude owns.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Randaconda posted:

This dude owns.

Did he win?

If he did he owns.

Else he is just weird as poo poo.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i want to think he grew the beard specifically to give that vibe when he made his debut.

It's be a good tactic. Can you imagine trying to concentrate sitting across from him? Even if he doesn't smell like old milk and cat you're going to be too distracted by his forked beard and magnified eyes to think straight.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He looks either like a serial killer, or that guy outside of town who always has the really good fireworks for sale.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
But you repeat yourself.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

This is probably shooting fish in a barrel, but:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw2lCPeyyCk

Who thought this would be a good idea?

Great Green Auk
Aug 31, 2011

It's chameleons all the way down.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

This is probably shooting fish in a barrel, but:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw2lCPeyyCk

Who thought this would be a good idea?

I'm pretty sure their mouths are open for the entire video. Also those eyes have seen...things. Unspeakable things. Casserole things.

Imagine waking up in the middle of the night and seeing that looming over you.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Wonder what number's on the back of the jersey.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Hihohe posted:

Well bullying is bad but you said "we do geek" so now i have to beat the poo poo out of you otherwise you wont learn.

My girl got an rear end like Hank Hill

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

zoux posted:

Can mega-popular mainstream franchises enjoyed by millions and millions of people worldwide be considered "geek"?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

There are multiple versions of this

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I didn't realize there was a new thread so I'm going through it from the beginning and just came across this post

cash crab posted:

This is from my own Facebook feed. :allears:

:lol: poo poo cash crab I used to live with this guy for like two years!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

zoux posted:

You'd lose lol.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Not really seeing the problem here beyond the fact that I don't live wherever that is.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

Not really seeing the problem here beyond the fact that I don't live wherever that is.

Yeah it's against the law to have three blowjob queens in the same place.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Frankston posted:

Can mega-popular mainstream franchises enjoyed by millions and millions of people worldwide be considered "geek"?

Geek is the dominant pop culture trend among young people. So yeah, being a geek is mainstream

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yeah it's against the law to have three blowjob queens in the same place.

:golfclap:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

:chloe:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I can't even get my 7yr old to eat cherries without getting grossed out from the pits.
So good job dad?

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Kid's got heart.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Lmao if your kid doesn't ritually eat the hearts of her prey in order to gain their strength

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

BiggerBoat posted:

Clearly, it's the selfie stick.

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

Hahaha

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

owns

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Frankston posted:

Geek's done a 180 and is so dominant in media discourse that anything that is not just straight real world media is 'geek' and is therefore special and kooky. I don't think the Hunger Game is 'geeky' in any sense other than it takes place in a dystopia, but no one has seized upon Brave New World or Handmaidens Tale as being 'geeky'.

Is there even a piece of media that doesn't take place in real life that hasn't been declared 'sooooo geeky'? I've never seen anyone declare American Horror Story a geek media yet I guess.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Geek's done a 180 and is so dominant in media discourse that anything that is not just straight real world media is 'geek' and is therefore special and kooky. I don't think the Hunger Game is 'geeky' in any sense other than it takes place in a dystopia, but no one has seized upon Brave New World or Handmaidens Tale as being 'geeky'.

Is there even a piece of media that doesn't take place in real life that hasn't been declared 'sooooo geeky'? I've never seen anyone declare American Horror Story a geek media yet I guess.

Only a nerd would watch it.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
"Geek," "nerd," and "gamer" should be classified as insults again. If you let the media you consume dominate your identity then you're a pretty worthless human being.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Screaming Idiot posted:

"Geek," "nerd," and "gamer" should be classified as insults again. If you let the media you consume dominate your identity then you're a pretty worthless human being.

Dunno about "geek" or "nerd", because a lot of normal people who have watched Star Wars once and liked it and remember the name of the baddie guy in the scary black mask consider themselves geeks and nerds.

But Gamer is definitely an insult. There is a huge difference between being a person who plays video games and identifying as a "Gamer".

The people I know who play video games don't get upset at me when I don't know what they are talking about, or show no interest in hearing them recount the hours they spent wandering around a made up world shooting their magic pixelated pew pew gun at other pixels. But 'Gamers" ... god forbid if you don't understand and enjoy everything about the game they consume. Or even worse, if you dare to say you play a different video game, or only play a little bit for fun. Then you are the worst of the worst. A casual.

Geeks and nerds can be exactly the same way about the various media that they themselves consume, but I have found that there are also a lot of normal people who will watch a movie, or read a comic and then go on with their lives. People who call themselves Gamers on the other hand. gently caress them.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BrigadierSensible posted:

Dunno about "geek" or "nerd", because a lot of normal people who have watched Star Wars once and liked it and remember the name of the baddie guy in the scary black mask consider themselves geeks and nerds.

But Gamer is definitely an insult. There is a huge difference between being a person who plays video games and identifying as a "Gamer".

The people I know who play video games don't get upset at me when I don't know what they are talking about, or show no interest in hearing them recount the hours they spent wandering around a made up world shooting their magic pixelated pew pew gun at other pixels. But 'Gamers" ... god forbid if you don't understand and enjoy everything about the game they consume. Or even worse, if you dare to say you play a different video game, or only play a little bit for fun. Then you are the worst of the worst. A casual.

Geeks and nerds can be exactly the same way about the various media that they themselves consume, but I have found that there are also a lot of normal people who will watch a movie, or read a comic and then go on with their lives. People who call themselves Gamers on the other hand. gently caress them.

lol look at this casual

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

You can't have two blowjob queens. One of these girls is a blowjob noblewoman at best.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

grittyreboot posted:

You can't have two blowjob queens. One of these girls is a blowjob noblewoman at best.

Dude it's 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

They are both queens from different blowjob queendoms, clearly. Y'all need to read more Oglaf if this is at all confusing to you.

• Locked thread