Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
well that sucks

any time a manufacturer denies the rights it is stupid bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
at least with Porsche it was befitting their fancypants image

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Thief posted:

To only show up on Need For Speed?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

That's done. Every game has Porsche poo poo now

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Thief posted:

Porsche only did that because of EA, VW probably did it because of Dieselgate. Toyota I'm not loving sure why. I can only hope they give us GT or Rally versions of their road cars since they still have Toyota race cars.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Dan Greenawalt just tweeted that they removed Toyota completely from the game because the turn signals on the Mk II MR2 were referenced at #e49f31 whereas the real ones are #d39636 and that extra change in yellow for full realism broke 60 fps. So good work, guys.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

lol if it's because toyota doesn't want to associate their normie cars with racing anymore because they're completing their metamorphosis into Japanese Buick: Cars For Olds

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

Ether Frenzy posted:

Dan Greenawalt just tweeted that they removed Toyota completely from the game because the turn signals on the Mk II MR2 were referenced at #e49f31 whereas the real ones are #d39636 and that extra change in yellow for full realism broke 60 fps. So good work, guys.

:drat:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Forums Terrorist posted:

lol if it's because toyota doesn't want to associate their normie cars with racing anymore because they're completing their metamorphosis into Japanese Buick: Cars For Olds

this doesn't explain their participation in wec

i wouldn't be surprised if they want their own expansion to make more money tbh

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 2, 2017

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

financially racist posted:

this doesn't explain their participation in wec

i wouldn't be surprised if they want their own expansion to make more money tbh

Well they're not going to be in WEC much longer so give it time.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
ARGH loving HELL I FORGOT LEXUS IS TOYOTA AND NOW WE DON'T GET THE LFA WHOSE V10 WAS TUNED BY GOD HIMSELF but hey at least we have the TS050 :downsgun:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

that's more a function of endurance racing asploding as it does cyclically than any decision on toyota's part

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

LMP1 is all but dead and Gazoo will find another way to lose before it's dead even if they are the only manufacture

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I just realized no 2000GT :(

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Norns posted:

Does Pcars2 have Toyota? I'm to lazy look up the list

If they do it's not announced yet

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-cars.html?lang=en

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Fayez Butts posted:

To only show up on Need For Speed?

GutBomb posted:

there's a similar looking old Honda on that list that i must now research

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

It was my very first thought. That's a car that I had tunes for in several classes, across multiple Forzas. I am bummed. :(

Couldn't find it from FM5 but here's FM4:

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 2, 2017

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

don't get too bummed, i legit expect a toyota expansion. which hey if it brings a new track then whatever. what tracks do toyota own anyw-

OH GOD I TAKE IT ALL BACK PLEASE NO :stonk:

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

don't get too bummed, i legit expect a toyota expansion. which hey if it brings a new track then whatever. what tracks do toyota own anyw-

I mean I'm kind of a track slut, so w/e.

Hopefully the race cars only will give us the 222D to replace the AW11.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

it wouldn't bother me so much if this wasn't the first legit Forza Forza to come to PC

...but aside from the MR2, tbh the only Toyota that wouldn't end up rotting in my cyber garage with a pop culture paintjob on it would be the Cressida

fortunately most of the other stuff worth mentioning is already in Assetto Corsa

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhAcmxRwJGU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
no more ae86 battles on the Bathurst hill 🙁

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
No AW11 or AE86 hurts badly. Maybe the Fiero can make up for it if they put it in? Agh...no Supra either. drat shame. I know I've been kind of pissing and moaning recently but this is making it real hard to want Forza 7

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

lol don't act like you won't buy it

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

SquirrelGrip posted:

no more ae86 battles on the Bathurst hill 🙁

This is the trueno loss. Legit one of the best cars in this series, ever.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Norns posted:

At the present moment, no I won't buy it. Car list has made me relatively unenthusiastic

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Hey thread, I know this isn't explicitly the thread but I have Forza Horizon 3 on PC and I'm curious as to how big the game is.
I thought it was about 50gb but doing a scan in a program that shows me how big folders are, it's reporting that my WindowsApps folder (only containing Horizon 3) is clocking in at 107gb.

Is this right?

edit: It was updating at the time. The folder is 54gb again. Weird

Hollenhammer fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Aug 2, 2017

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Norns posted:

The car list could be just the F1 and P1 with everything else $0.99 DLC and I would still buy it. Doesn't mean I won't miss the LFA and its Yamaha-tuned exhaust.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I want the LFA, so that's a bummer.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Losing the Supras, AE86 and LFA stings but in reality I probably wont care much once the game is actually out.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I've been spoiled by assetto corsa, iracing, and even project cars all in VR. Someone (not me) even made halfway decent versions of fujimi kaido and maple valley for assetto corsa (they made my maple valley look like a pile of puke)! I haven't preordered FM7 and I probably won't end up getting it unless they eventually announce or come out with a patch that provides oculus rift compatibility. This Toyota thing kind of sealed the deal as I realize a lot of my favorite cars to drive in the game just aren't going to be available and nearly all the tracks I love have decent to great versions in other PC sims. A lot of the guys we raced with in FM4-FM6 are racing in PC sims now or have said they aren't interested in FM7. At least to me, the only things really pulling me in to FM series are going away and being replaced by other poo poo. I'm done trying to be excited by it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Fuji Speedway is a very good place to spectate a race though. I'm a fan.

No Toyota is just...so weird. So, so weird.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I dunno they could include a bunch of cool Toyota racecars instead, say if they include a Group A AE86, a GT86 cup car and a JGTC Supra I'd be pretty happy with that. I'd rather drive the actual racing version of a car if it's available over the road version anyway.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I still feel like I haven't gotten my money's worth out of 6, and I'm not buying an xbonx anytime soon. This might be the first Forza I sit out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

I still feel like I haven't gotten my money's worth out of 6, and I'm not buying an xbonx anytime soon. This might be the first Forza I sit out.

Forza 7 is on PC though! I don't get why you would sit this one out if you already have an Xbox. I've put over 100 hours into Forza 6 myself and feel completely ready to move on.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
My PC still has a 660GTX in it, and with a toddler around console gaming makes more sense for my life. It also doesn't help that I keep going back to 4.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
All I really want is for them to let us make paints on the pc without using their shape library.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

TheScott2K posted:

It's on PC and still runs on a regular bone?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BUY FORZA 7 ON XBOX YOU JERK :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Seriously wtf man!

• Locked thread