Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

NecroMonster posted:

holy poo poo he does have a low int

John McCain

John McCaesar

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Citizen Tayne posted:

If you aren't going to take personal responsibility for what you read,

cuck

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

another day at the ol' 9 to 5

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/892578199732932608

or in short, "who the gently caress is lara"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

i thought that was $50k. the marble one, right?

https://i.imgur.com/FBhgM8p.mp4

It's a shame because it's from my fav headphone manufacturer, Sennheiser, but I can't fault them for fleecing idiots as long as they has great quality stuff at good prices like they always do

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Lawman 0 posted:

why not both
I should probably go out and fish more as well.

fishing is good. I went fly fishing for the first time last month. it was very enjoyable and NOT AT ALL like the fishing I'm used to, lmao

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

wow, we found a real believer. lmao

Truck drivers are capable of many things, like evasive action, calling the police, or straight up shooting hijackers.

Self-driving trucks, as they exist, aren't capable of any of those things.

if it stops when not expected; send alarm to central monitoring
if back door opens when not expected; send alarm to central monitoring

require 3-factor biometric access control on truck to get in

if truck deviates from plannes course; send alarm to central monitoring

allow remote take over of truck for emergencies when alerted to central monitoring

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
a good thing is that after buying a 4k TV (when you're eventually forced to) you'll never have to "upgrade" again

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I saw 200 posts in the last 25 minutes and thought something happened but it's just video game chat. which is a relief, but :thunk:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
dont gently caress a truck driver

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Bethamphetamine posted:

I was involved in a (brief and dumb) silicon valley think tank for this stuff years ago. Some guy proposed that drones be one-way deliveries and then a driver goes to collect them at the end of the day. Nobody understood how wind speed and weather could effect the technology. Everybody assumed GPS was infallible magic. Nobody understood signal reflection or interference. Nobody gave a single care for FAA regs and airspace usage. There were zero licensed pilots involved. I've spent more than 5 minutes. I want to see self-driving cars first.

HA ive been asking the same questions 4 years to no avail...glad ur the fk outta there

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I'm on board with the "4K isn't noticeably different" except that I've heard this in the past both for 720vs1080p and 30-60-144fps and today I can readily tell the difference. (well, maybe not past like 45-50fps.)

Why do I have a feeling that in 3 years everyone's gonna say "well you can't even tell the difference between 4K and 16k" and everyone will have 4K anyway.

4k for computer screens is crazy amazing, but for a tv you need to sit closer depending on the size of the tv.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

logikv9 posted:

a good thing is that after buying a 4k TV (when you're eventually forced to) you'll never have to "upgrade" again

This is what I said about 1080p and I'm still standing by that

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

The Snoo posted:

I saw 200 posts in the last 25 minutes and thought something happened but it's just video game chat. which is a relief, but :thunk:

i tried to trump but it made me lose faith in the virtue of existence

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
or do i guess its not my business

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Bethamphetamine posted:

I was involved in a (brief and dumb) silicon valley think tank for this stuff years ago. Some guy proposed that drones be one-way deliveries and then a driver goes to collect them at the end of the day. Nobody understood how wind speed and weather could effect the technology. Everybody assumed GPS was infallible magic. Nobody understood signal reflection or interference. Nobody gave a single care for FAA regs and airspace usage. There were zero licensed pilots involved. I've spent more than 5 minutes. I want to see self-driving cars first.
not saying you're dumb but that sounds like a pretty dumb think tank with zero aviation or RF expertise, you probably didn't get exposed to the kinds of people who have worked this poo poo out their whole lives and have best practices and principles nailed down by the people who retired two generations earlier during the cold war

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

best way

My whole living room set was $100 because my bestie's family didn't have room for it when they got a new set so I took it off their hands for way less than it would cost to rent a space to put it all

edit - it's not hideous or anything tho, pretty normie stuff
I share a two bedroom duplex in an affluent neighborhood and it's cheaper than the lovely one bedroom apartment I used to rent. The people here are old, very old, rich Republicans and they're dropping like flies.

I'll be passing through and what do you know, another estate sale, and like a vulture I descend. Picked up a $10 wooden wine rack at the last one.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 minutes!

I'm on board with the "4K isn't noticeably different" except that I've heard this in the past both for 720vs1080p and 30-60-144fps and today I can readily tell the difference. (well, maybe not past like 45-50fps.)

Why do I have a feeling that in 3 years everyone's gonna say "well you can't even tell the difference between 4K and 16k" and everyone will have 4K anyway.

There are perceptible differences in pixel density at different distances, which is why Apple keeps their phones and tablets at certain resolutions despite bargain android vendors trying to jam 4K displays into a 5" phone screen as some kind of coup de grace.

The fact of the matter is that you can only perceive x resolution at y distance.

In the lovely dark days of 2002, an SD signal blown up to 55" on a projection screen was big but it looked like poo poo because you were blowing up 320x240 to a massive size. People paid out the rear end for it because it was the best option they had.

Now HD at 55" looks fine at 10-15' because that's the best you can perceive.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Higgy posted:

allow remote take over of truck for emergencies when alerted to central monitoring

bust in with brute force methods, central is hours away at minimum

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Admiral Ray posted:

4k for computer screens is crazy amazing, but for a tv you need to sit closer depending on the size of the tv.

if i use a projector do i need to cover my wall in 4k paint

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

It's a shame because it's from my fav headphone manufacturer, Sennheiser, but I can't fault them for fleecing idiots as long as they has great quality stuff at good prices like they always do

iirc they try to justify the cost by hand selecting and testing every component but lol if u think it costs 55k to sent one tech to test like 200 components like that. that poo poo may have taken 2 hours.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation

Higgy posted:

It's me, I'm the central monitoring that responds immediately and also the access control that is completely immune to $10 in explosives.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

trmp

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

mormonpartyboat posted:

if i use a projector do i need to cover my wall in 4k paint

nah you can just use 4 layers of 1k paint, i think.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

logikv9 posted:

until oleds get semi affordable and then ppl can have actual colors instead of the washed out crap weve let become the norm w/ current tvs

i miss inky blacks

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

peeonwe posted:

until oleds get semi affordable and then ppl can have actual colors instead of the washed out crap weve let become the norm w/ current tvs

i miss inky blacks

yeah ever since shoe polish switch to synthetics i just

Apr 7, 2003
Probation

peeonwe posted:

i miss inky blacks

OLED isn't "actual colors," OLED is exaggerated.

the "washed out crap" that you don't like are the actual colors.

OLED is the anime of real life.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I share a two bedroom duplex in an affluent neighborhood and it's cheaper than the lovely one bedroom apartment I used to rent. The people here are old, very old, rich Republicans and they're dropping like flies.

I'll be passing through and what do you know, another estate sale, and like a vulture I descend. Picked up a $10 wooden wine rack at the last one.

lmao, I love the visual of a sort of furniture dracula....always there where a body is to be found, drinking up all that is valuable and can be had for cheap

Admiral Ray posted:

iirc they try to justify the cost by hand selecting and testing every component but lol if u think it costs 55k to sent one tech to test like 200 components like that. that poo poo may have taken 2 hours.

Oh yeah, it's 100% marketing bullshit and more power to them. I'm just grateful that they haven't jacked up the prices on their other lines EXCEPT THE PMX-100'S WHICH WERE GREAT AND NOW YOU CAN'T FIND ANYWHERE FOR LESS THAN A TRILLION DOLLARS

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Nioh is fun because it's Dark Souls with Diablo-style loot

they had me at Dark Souls with Diablo loot

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i still use 720/1080 and don't really notice much difference

who cares

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Epic High Five posted:

lol @ you if your devices doesn't start poking parts out when you go to use it.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

this is why you don't marry Eric Trump

no matter how wonderful he is

don't do it!

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

bust in with brute force methods, central is hours away at minimum

Citizen Tayne posted:

It's me, I'm the central monitoring that responds immediately and also the access control that is completely immune to $10 in explosives.

desccribing problems for literally anything u want to keep secure not sure why it applies especially to robot trucks

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
what I mean is that my stereo should act like it wants to have sex with me all the time.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation

Epic High Five posted:

If I were rich I'd pay $55K just to have this poo poo in my house.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

deadgoon posted:

theres a gay dad dating sim

anybody play that??????

No because dad gay, so what?

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Citizen Tayne posted:

OLED isn't "actual colors," OLED is exaggerated.

the "washed out crap" that you don't like are the actual colors.

OLED is the anime of real life.

lol u dum

ur typical tv cant do black b/c it is illuminating the entire screen

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

my phone has an AMOLED screen and it's great

Apr 7, 2003
Probation

Higgy posted:

desccribing problems for literally anything u want to keep secure not sure why it applies especially to robot trucks

Bank vaults don't move much. Neither do ATMs.

Guess what moves a lot? Trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
CUMLED

• Locked thread