Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Epic High Five posted:

my phone has an AMOLED screen and it's great

my iphone 5 can hardly load the tupmp thread anymore and dont know what to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

GrimGypsy posted:

I heard there are two Bitcoins now

what are the differences

Oh good, once again the Bitcoin community takes the dumbest option.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

peeonwe posted:

lol u dum

ur typical tv cant do black b/c it is illuminating the entire screen

Black is a special case OLED handles better than LCD.

Everything else OLED does is oversaturated and unrealistic.

If you want the Anime of Reality that's cool, go for it. I don't.

(Also OLED has lovely longevity and I don't want to replace my 50" $3K TV every eight months.)

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

I'm the failed botox and asymmetrical eyes

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

i have an always-on display of some info circling a giant :thunk: on my phone and despite this it still gets twice the battery life of my old phone because AMOLED

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Citizen Tayne posted:

If I were rich I'd pay $55K just to have this poo poo in my house.

Yeah I mean, there's a plateau of being rich where you have so far surpassed basic needs management you can buy poo poo like this and it's like going to a mini-mart for a Red Bull.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Citizen Tayne posted:

Black is a special case OLED handles better than LCD.

Everything else OLED does is oversaturated and unrealistic.

If you want the Anime of Reality that's cool, go for it. I don't.

(Also OLED has lovely longevity and I don't want to replace my 50" $3K TV every eight months.)

lol black is kinda an important factor in visuals since its the heart of contrast u big dummy

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

Bank vaults don't move much. Neither do ATMs.

Guess what moves a lot? Trucks.

lmao both get robbed anyway but ok

robot trucks aren't a special case to these kinds of problems is all im sayin

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

on my old LG Escape 2, which is worse than your iPhone 5, I used to always just whine about how people should stop posting fuckoff huge pictures

It didn't help but it made me feel better until I got a cell phone allowance from my employer to justify a massive, massive upgrade

Galaxy S8+ loving owns

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

My sofa is a hideous yellow thing bought cheap at an estate sale. I have a dead woman's couch.

Same but a house.

Apr 7, 2003

LegoMan posted:

Yeah I mean, there's a plateau of being rich where you have so far surpassed basic needs management you can buy poo poo like this and it's like going to a mini-mart for a Red Bull.

Not gonna lie, $55k is dirt cheap for something that loving cool if you're a millionaire.

peeonwe posted:

lol black is kinda an important factor in visuals since its the heart of contrast u big dummy

My blacks look good but everything else is hosed up. Looks great! - you

Apr 7, 2003

Higgy posted:

lmao both get robbed anyway but ok

robot trucks aren't a special case to these kinds of problems is all im sayin

You are incredibly loving stupid.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

what's wrong with her face :(

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIANBamMgas

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i think all blacks look good unlike those bernie bros

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Epic High Five posted:

my phone has an AMOLED screen and it's great

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

ok cool good talk

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
n e way the point is that 4k isn't da end of upgrading as new technologies give us more realistic color spaces

our current screens have deficiencies in dat regards

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Upgrade time! put Wisconsin back 2 werk!!

Apr 7, 2003

Higgy posted:

ok cool good talk

You don't understand the difference between assets that are capable of moving and assets that aren't.

I didn't think I'd have to explain that but here we are

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Citizen Tayne posted:

You don't understand the difference between assets that are capable of moving and assets that aren't.

I didn't think I'd have to explain that but here we are

u spend ur nights gettin mad at everybuddy itt u dum fukk lol

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

not saying you're dumb but that sounds like a pretty dumb think tank with zero aviation or RF expertise, you probably didn't get exposed to the kinds of people who have worked this poo poo out their whole lives and have best practices and principles nailed down by the people who retired two generations earlier during the cold war

There was actually decent RF experience there. Not that anybody cared or understood. But no pilots. It was indeed a very dumb think tank by virtue of the idiots of silicon valley (who remind me of the Juicero) being terrible.

Automated ground delivery is 100x simpler than automated drone delivery. If somebody's got the expertise to implement it and integrate it in to our infrastructure, do it. I expect my toddler to walk before she wins an olympic gold medal in gymnastics. Ground delivery is going to come first.

Apr 7, 2003

peeonwe posted:

n e way the point is that 4k isn't da end of upgrading as new technologies give us more realistic color spaces

our current screens have deficiencies in dat regards

well yeah

resolution is good enough, color space is another thing entirely

we need to wean that industry off an obsession with bigger numbers = better

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
lik wht is ur life that u log in every night to condescend a bunch of strangers in tha thread where we worship pissssss?

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Citizen Tayne posted:

don't sign your posts; thanks.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I just now figured out what been bothering me about she-huck (besides the bald face lying): I can't figure out which one of her eyes is the lazy one.

It just seems like sometimes I'm sure I've got it pinned down and then suddenly it changes to the other eye. I don't really care to know which one it actually is because it's kind of more fun this way.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i went to pittsburgh on yelp and looked for a good restaurant and it directed me to the airport to go "literally anywhere else"

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
hehe assets

Apr 7, 2003

peeonwe posted:

lik wht is ur life that u log in every night to condescend a bunch of strangers in tha thread where we worship pissssss?

If my posts make you this mad, you don't have to read them (for the sixteenth time).

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Bethamphetamine posted:

There was actually decent RF experience there. Not that anybody cared or understood. But no pilots. It was indeed a very dumb think tank by virtue of the idiots of silicon valley (who remind me of the Juicero) being terrible.

Automated ground delivery is 100x simpler than automated drone delivery. If somebody's got the expertise to implement it and integrate it in to our infrastructure, do it. I expect my toddler to walk before she wins an olympic gold medal in gymnastics. Ground delivery is going to come first.

drone hives on the back of trucks are gonna be the next iteration

like a fedex truck that doesnt have to stop, drones just loot and scoot

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Epic High Five posted:

on my old LG Escape 2, which is worse than your iPhone 5, I used to always just whine about how people should stop posting fuckoff huge pictures

It didn't help but it made me feel better until I got a cell phone allowance from my employer to justify a massive, massive upgrade

Galaxy S8+ loving owns

one day gonna get something new. I've been waiting for this to die, but she persists. Employer pays my bill so whatevs. I'm just lazy about making the change. My boss picks up my phone like it's the tiny device that shows tiny pictures that you need reading glasses for...I remember using a blackberry Pearl damnit!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

also nobody cares about or notices poo poo like contrast or color saturation and whatever outside of the sales floor

If ur TV is bad just load your guests up with extra beer so poo poo looks better, it's 100x cheaper

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
people itt own too many things

throw all that poo poo away and move into the dumpster

Apr 7, 2003

mormonpartyboat posted:

drone hives on the back of trucks are gonna be the next iteration

like a fedex truck that doesnt have to stop, drones just loot and scoot

nah, ain't happening

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

peeonwe posted:

this is the good life. we are the smar tones.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

deadgoon posted:

people itt own too many things

throw all that poo poo away and move into the dumpster

the dumpster is in my heart

at least according to my doctor heyooo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

one day gonna get something new. I've been waiting for this to die, but she persists. Employer pays my bill so whatevs. I'm just lazy about making the change. My boss picks up my phone like it's the tiny device that shows tiny pictures that you need reading glasses for...I remember using a blackberry Pearl damnit!

I highly recommend upgrading if your employer is paying for it, cell phones are up there with shoes where it's something you rely on so frequently that investing more in it pays dividends

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Citizen Tayne posted:

If my posts make you this mad, you don't have to read them (for the sixteenth time).

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

TMMadman posted:

I just now figured out what been bothering me about she-huck (besides the bald face lying): I can't figure out which one of her eyes is the lazy one.

It just seems like sometimes I'm sure I've got it pinned down and then suddenly it changes to the other eye. I don't really care to know which one it actually is because it's kind of more fun this way.

In my case (my left eye is lazy) when I look left my right eye goes left and the left eye straightens out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

also nobody cares about or notices poo poo like contrast or color saturation and whatever outside of the sales floor

If ur TV is bad just load your guests up with extra beer so poo poo looks better, it's 100x cheaper

like half the country has an HDTV set with an SD box connected with the screen set to fill

half of america is watching massively fat TV people lumbering around at 180% of the aspect ratio they should be at

lol if you think anyone gives a gently caress about 4K

• Locked thread