Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The difference between Pentagon and Dean Ambrose is that Pentagon is cool and Dean Ambrose is loving trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

The difference between Pentagon and Dean Ambrose is that Pentagon is cool and Dean Ambrose is loving trash

I thought we were cool. No longer. :mad:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

*highfives*

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

foochs i really hope you don't bet on sports

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Efexeye posted:

foochs i really hope you don't bet on sports

Of course I don't. The gently caress does that have to do with anything?

Also to be clear I'm not saying make Pentagon John Cena, I'm saying make him not break beloved faces arms just because.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also to be clear I'm not saying make Pentagon John Cena, I'm saying make him not break beloved faces arms just because.

I love Aerostar but you have to be a loving idiot to mess with Pentagon and expect not to have your arm snapped like a bread stick

Pentagon is also wayyyyy better than Ambrose, he oozes charisma and is exponentially better in the ring

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

what it has to do with anything is that you clearly let your bias for your favorite wrestlers outweigh logic and if you bet on your favorite team instead of the better team you most often lose

talking the most about wrestling doesn't make you the rightest about it, buddy

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Efexeye posted:

what it has to do with anything is that you clearly let your bias for your favorite wrestlers outweigh logic and if you bet on your favorite team instead of the better team you most often lose

talking the most about wrestling doesn't make you the rightest about it, buddy

The Ambrose thing was largely dumb on my part. Doesn't mean I don't think LU isn't really misusing Pentagon and has been for a while. He should be the Ace. He's not.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The Ambrose thing was largely dumb on my part. Doesn't mean I don't think LU isn't really misusing Pentagon and has been for a while. He should be the Ace. He's not.

You're right on Penta being the Ace, he should have been champ at the end of Season 2 after destroying matanza then should have lost the title in Aztec warfare or to Mundo via fuckery

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jenkem Delivery posted:

You're right on Penta being the Ace, he should have been champ at the end of Season 2 after destroying matanza then should have lost the title in Aztec warfare or to Mundo via fuckery

Yep. That's honestly the only argument I'm trying to make. Exactly how they portray him is down to taste I guess but that doesn't change the fact that it's goddamn inexcusable Pentagon hasn't been champ, and hasn't really even been a major figure this season.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yep. That's honestly the only argument I'm trying to make. Exactly how they portray him is down to taste I guess but that doesn't change the fact that it's goddamn inexcusable Pentagon hasn't been champ, and hasn't really even been a major figure this season.

Don't worry he acrimoniously broke up and left AAA so it's probably for the best.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He should be champ but that's the only thing that should change. He should be breaking the arms of anyone who challenges him and loses.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Gumball Gumption posted:

He should be champ but that's the only thing that should change. He should be breaking the arms of anyone who challenges him and loses.

Exactly. If you lose to Pentagon you obviously have miedo and deserve to have your arm broken for it

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gumball Gumption posted:

Difference of opinion. I literally don't enjoy the arm breaking for no reason thing. It's not fun like people overselling stunners, it's visceral and gross and excessive in kayfabe.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Difference of opinion. I literally don't enjoy the arm breaking for no reason thing. It's not fun like people overselling stunners, it's visceral and gross and excessive in kayfabe.

I don't disagree with you but I think that is the entire point of his character. His appeal and what got him over is that he fucks up everyone. If you can't go with Penta you'll get your arm broken. He does it to the bad guys, which is good and feels great. But he also does it to the good guys and that feels terrible and hosed up. He's a very good character but shouldn't be an over face.

As cliche as it is I think Penta is a Walter White type of character. People want to cheer him as this bad rear end who breaks every rule (And arm) and want him to be champion. They will also cheer when someone like Aerostar beats him up as revenge for breaking his arm.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gumball Gumption posted:

I don't disagree with you but I think that is the entire point of his character. His appeal and what got him over is that he fucks up everyone. If you can't go with Penta you'll get your arm broken. He does it to the bad guys, which is good and feels great. But he also does it to the good guys and that feels terrible and hosed up. He's a very good character but shouldn't be an over face.

As cliche as it is I think Penta is a Walter White type of character. People want to cheer him as this bad rear end who breaks every rule (And arm) and want him to be champion. They will also cheer when someone like Aerostar beats him up as revenge for breaking his arm.

I don't think there's ever been a top guy that is literally neither face nor heel. And don't say Austin. Austin was 100% face by his top run, and honestly was never that shades of grey thing again.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

So? LU sucks when they act like a real wrestling fed. They shouldn't book like a real wrestling company, they should book like a tv show that wrestles.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

LU isn't a wrestling fed, it's an underground fight club! But yeah gently caress traditional wrestling booking, just do cool poo poo and that includes having a skeleton ninja gently caress people up and break their arms.

Foochs, you need to get out of your WWE centered mindset. It's affecting your posting

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Chiming in on the merch discussion from earlier, Pentagon moves an insane amount of shirts at his indy bookings. He isn't touching Bucks/Bullet Club numbers, but no one is. Still, he's selling a lot more than you might think.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DangerDummy! posted:

Chiming in on the merch discussion from earlier, Pentagon moves an insane amount of shirts at his indy bookings. He isn't touching Bucks/Bullet Club numbers, but no one is. Still, he's selling a lot more than you might think.

Oh I don't doubt Pentagon's awesomeness or his moving ability, I was more speaking in LU-specific context where they don't capitalize on it how they should.

And for the record I don't think Dean is objectively better than Pentagon, more that he is better utilized as a merch mover which is not complimenting WWE.

Also re: my mindset, I can respect that, but LU has been losing my interest this season. Not just because of Pentagon.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 2, 2017

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oh I don't doubt Pentagon's awesomeness or his moving ability, I was more speaking in LU-specific context where they don't capitalize on it how they should.

And for the record I don't think Dean is objectively better than Pentagon, more that he is better utilized as a merch mover which is not complimenting WWE.

Fair enough. For the record I'm not even a big Pentagon fan, but I'm really impressed with how he captures an audience's imagination. He'd be a megastar in WWE if it wasn't a badly run joke. I could only imagine what they'd try to do with him if he got signed.

Lose the mask and speak American are numbers 1 & 2 I'm guessing.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DangerDummy! posted:

Fair enough. For the record I'm not even a big Pentagon fan, but I'm really impressed with how he captures an audience's imagination. He'd be a megastar in WWE if it wasn't a badly run joke. I could only imagine what they'd try to do with him if he got signed.

Lose the mask and speak American are numbers 1 & 2 I'm guessing.

Agreed 100%. Pentagon could be a Megastar anywhere he went but WWE would gently caress him up massively like they do 90% of their talent. My only points were:

1. LU should use Pentagon better in terms of prominence of the card.
2. LU should market him more.
3. I PERSONALLY don't really like the current direction his character is taking. Though I acknowledge that's preference, I also stand by my belief that it's not an optimal Ace choice, which P0M should be.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pentagon needs to come to New Japan, but that's true of every talented wrestler. If he truly has Cero Miedo he would win the New Japan Cup or, hell, the G1.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

harperdc posted:

Pentagon needs to come to New Japan, but that's true of every talented wrestler. If he truly has Cero Miedo he would win the New Japan Cup or, hell, the G1.

I would love nothing more than for Pentagon to "break" Suzuki's arm and he either no-sells it or just kicks his rear end harder for doing it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Cueto Cup finals: Pentagón breaks Puma's arm, but Vamp tells Puma to embrace darkness and break Penta's arm back. Then Vampiro mind controls the ref and they both break Penta and Puma's other arms and now the two bois have to finish the match armless and/or healing their bones with Darkness.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

3. I PERSONALLY don't really like the current direction his character is taking. Though I acknowledge that's preference, I also stand by my belief that it's not an optimal Ace choice, which P0M should be.

I'm not a huge fan of the arm breaking thing either, though it has led to some pretty fun and memorable moments, like the gauntlet match with the ninja women.

I still don't like Ambrose. Sorry, man. I tried. I really did.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I do have a small pet peeve with people coming back so quickly from broken arms, broken backs, being dead, etc. Marty and Killshot both took tremendous punishment in that Weapons of Mass Destruction match but Marty appeared on the next week's episode without a scratch on him. Might have been a taping order issue.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Aerostar is a time traveling space robot man, so he'll probably get over that broke arm fairly quick.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DangerDummy! posted:

I'm not a huge fan of the arm breaking thing either, though it has led to some pretty fun and memorable moments, like the gauntlet match with the ninja women.

I still don't like Ambrose. Sorry, man. I tried. I really did.

I don't care if people don't like Ambrose, especially not as much as me, the only part that really gets me is when they act like he's say, worse than Jinder.

No one is going to make me stop wanting to see Ambrose though. I acknowledge there are objectively many better workers in WWE but by God Dean's my guy and I'm sticking to it!

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
:stare: This Puma/Fox match is so good.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Writer Cath posted:

:stare: This Puma/Fox match is so good.

Still in the middle of it and oh my god. :stare:

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
Wait did he fap on the car?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Mundo has a Slamtown theme song! :laffo:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dante-Fox Puma was loving awesome

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Man, Dominick has gotten swole since I've last seen him. I hope Rey and Johnny will have a ladder match over the custody of him.

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
Apparently we're getting Crane/Muertes this Wednesday, which should be balls out amazeballs.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
Out of these 2016 MOYTCs, which ones from LU are must-sees? http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2017-moytc-list/2016-moytc-list/

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Panama Red posted:

Out of these 2016 MOYTCs, which ones from LU are must-sees? http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2017-moytc-list/2016-moytc-list/

The Mil/Puma/Pentagon one is great. I don't remember Mil/Fenix that well but I assume it was good. Sexy/Mariposa kinda needs context, but it gets vicious. Rey's always great. I love every big match of Matanza's, but not everyone seems to agree. Do you like seeing hosses do hoss stuff? Matanza/Cage has hell of hoss stuff. Aztec Warfare is always great. Puma/Azteca was great. I loved that nunchuck match. I am finding I am not going to remember every one of the matches on this list and I hope someone else does this better.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

They're finally kicking in some of their overarching plot again. It's a shame the show stalled out for so long that everyone stopped watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Animal-Mother posted:

Mundo has a Slamtown theme song! :laffo:

Yes he does, and it's perfectly Mundo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPB4J9FsAos

• Locked thread