Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

R-Type posted:

Enjoy roasting like pulled pork. Full faring pulls more pussy because I'll get to your girls house way faster due to superior aeros

Both naked bikes and faired bikes only pull dudes. M

That being said. Naked supremacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Both naked bikes and faired bikes only pull dudes. M

That being said. Naked supremacy.

They don't call it the Guyabusa for nothing.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
B-King is aptly named bro.

Mocha Frost
May 1, 2006
Twice so far while in a store I've had guys come up and ask if it was cool if they came outside with and listened to me start up my Ducati Monster. Def why I got a bike.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did you bang?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
There were old dudes ogling my bike while I was eating dinner tonight but the cute hostess and waitresses didn't even glance at it. Feels bad, man

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mocha Frost posted:

Twice so far while in a store I've had guys come up and ask if it was cool if they came outside with and listened to me start up my Ducati Monster. Def why I got a bike.

You definitely could have smashed

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009
I've had girls like my sumo but then they went on to call it a 'dirt bike', sorry but the KTM LC4 engine with its amazing 75 HP elevates this thing way past dirt bike status.

Gonna Send It
Jul 8, 2010

High Protein posted:

I've had girls like my sumo but then they went on to call it a 'dirt bike', sorry but the KTM LC4 engine with its amazing 75 HP elevates this thing way past dirt bike status.

My girlfriend loves my DRZ sumo with all of its battle scars but does not like my VFR at all.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

High Protein posted:

I assume this is :thejoke: but that's why bikes draw dudes only

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Katosabi posted:

My girlfriend loves my DRZ sumo with all of its battle scars but does not like my VFR at all.

Yes the girl I'm dating feels I'm way too 'into' bikes but does like the part of me that's a wrapped sumo riding wheelie idiot.

Mocha Frost
May 1, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You definitely could have smashed

I am a guy. And my gf at best is neutral towards my bike.

Totally coulda smashed.

Faster Blaster
Feb 6, 2010

Katosabi posted:

My wife keeps trying to push me toward something naked or ADV because she thinks fairings are girly.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Faster Blaster posted:

My wife keeps trying to push me toward something naked or ADV because she thinks fairings are girly.
Seems like something you can fix with retina-searing plastidip. :getin:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Faster Blaster posted:

She's right though. Never doubt your awesome queen.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my bike is literally high vis and only dudes can see it apparently.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Katosabi posted:

I dunno why it is but more women seem to like dirt bikes than street bikes. I'm fairly sure it works all the way up, certainly I can think of more women in MX racing than road racing.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
It is because real men ride dirt bikes

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Fauxtool posted:

my bike is literally high vis and only dudes can see it apparently.

This color works surprisingly well, but I'm sure it's still SMIDSY when you're riding around

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Who I imagined myself meeting when I got my scooter:

Who I actually meet:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Communist Walrus posted:

Who I actually meet:

:negative:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Communist Walrus posted:

Who I actually meet:

That lady looks like a lot of fun, pretty clear scooters are the manliest.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Communist Walrus posted:

They exist.

I was in the city years back when I found myself standing at an intersection waiting for the pedestrian crossing lights to turn green. A woman built from the same mold as the one quoted was on a scooter, stopped at the lights in a very stylish tight skirt and heels. Unfortunately she'd not planned her ensemble well. She realized her error when she came to a stop and had to put her foot down. The very fashionable skirt did what it does and rode up and exposed more very shapely leg. She tried (in vain) to pull it down so the small crowd standing with me waiting to cross the road couldn't see, but all it did was draw further attention to herself and her embarrassment. Then the lights changed, the spell ended and I was forced to move on.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dont stop, im almost done

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just hear Patrick Stewart saying 'but it was too late, I'd already seen everything'

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Slim Pickens posted:

I just hear Patrick Stewart saying 'but it was too late, I'd already seen everything'

I wasn't so gross as to reposition myself for a better look. Bad Karma.

Faster Blaster
Feb 6, 2010

Communist Walrus posted:

When I visited Rome, it seemed like every other person on a scooter during the morning rush hour was either this lady or a dude in a nice suit. It was weird but refreshing.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Faster Blaster posted:

When I visited Rome, it seemed like every other person on a scooter during the morning rush hour was either this lady or a dude in a nice suit. It was weird but refreshing.

When I was in Naples, rush hour was nonstop businesspeople on scooters. After rush hour, it was just families on scooters. So many scooters.

Note: that's a family of four on one scooter.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

When I was in Naples, rush hour was nonstop businesspeople on scooters. After rush hour, it was just families on scooters. So many scooters.

Note: that's a family of four on one scooter.

If someone can make an electric scooter and a simple charging network for Paris and the big Italian cities, they will be able to sail a yacht in a sea of €.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Any of you folks know much about sidecars? Before I go full dad bike and get a goldwing or some other rolling couch for riding with the wife I started looking into leaner sidecars and found this dude in Germany making them. I'd still keep a second bike for solo rides but this makes for more interesting passenger options (eg my dog) and avoids some of the issues with traditional sidecar handling or lack thereof.

This started with looking at Urals, which I quickly decided was an even worse investment than importing a custom side car from Europe

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I was going to mock you but that actually looks cool. The bike is still so maneuverable, it wouldn't kill all the fun.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
Had a fun experience yesterday. I was heading down to a family cabin but got stuck getting out if the city in general traffic. I noticed my led head light was pulsing on low rpm?! but was steady on 3k+ rpm. Okay, Honda regulator spectre rearing it's head again? I turned off the road into a rest stop to assess things, and noted the indicators also didn't work? Okay, those always run from battery, so battery is hosed. Then I did the total bone head move, and turned the bike off as I stopped in semi reflex.. And now the bike is totally dead, no dash lights even.

As I started to call people letting them know I'd be late, laying plans to call for a cab to get a spare battery I have at home, then diagnose it with a multimeter to order a new regulator and/or stator as last time, l did the first important thing when dealing with electric gremlins, I checked the battery poles.

The + node screw had worked itself loose about 3/4 of a turn.

Tightened it and rode on.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Having a weird issue with the elite today. When I get on the throttle the coolant temp gauge goes to cold, when I get off the throttle it goes to warm. It seems to be tied solely to the throttle, if I open the throttle to rev the engine but don't move the scooter, it will drop the needle momentarily.

The fact that it returns to a normal temp immediately when I stop, combined with the fact that it runs perfectly fine as the needle is swinging all over the place leads me to think I'm chasing an electrical connection issue rather than an actual cooling system issue.

I spent a decent amount of time off-road with the elite yesterday and apparently now I'm paying for it :ohdear:

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 2, 2017

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Jazzzzz posted:

Any of you folks know much about sidecars? Before I go full dad bike and get a goldwing or some other rolling couch for riding with the wife I started looking into leaner sidecars and found this dude in Germany making them. I'd still keep a second bike for solo rides but this makes for more interesting passenger options (eg my dog) and avoids some of the issues with traditional sidecar handling or lack thereof.

This started with looking at Urals, which I quickly decided was an even worse investment than importing a custom side car from Europe

How does the wife feel about sitting in a bucket while you get to have all the real fun? :cheeky:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Having a weird issue with the elite today. When I get on the throttle the coolant temp gauge goes to cold, when I get off the throttle it goes to warm. It seems to be tied solely to the throttle, if I open the throttle to rev the engine but don't move the scooter, it will drop the needle momentarily.

The fact that it returns to a normal temp immediately when I stop, combined with the fact that it runs perfectly fine as the needle is swinging all over the place leads me to think I'm chasing an electrical connection issue rather than an actual cooling system issue.

I spent a decent amount of time off-road with the elite yesterday and apparently now I'm paying for it :ohdear:

Bad ground introducing error due to engine vibes?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

dumb. posted:

How does the wife feel about sitting in a bucket while you get to have all the real fun? :cheeky:

As long as it's comfortable, I don't think there will be any issues. If she truly wanted "real fun" she'd ride her bike, which has been sitting unused in the garage for two years or more.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

All this sidecar talk makes me want a Ural even more. I wish they had that big 4 reliability.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

I just want a sidecar to ride around with my dog. It's me, I'm that guy.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Deep Thoreau posted:

That's what started me looking into them, not gonna lie. If the wife uses it too, even better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deep Thoreau posted:

Same. The top case style carriers wouldnt be nearly as comfortable for my dogs and it would throw off the weight balance.