Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

funmanguy posted:

You're all wrong.

Source: I'm right
gently caress you funman

where the patch notes at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

queeb posted:

wheres the fuckin patch notes

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/patch-notes/

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Nice! Finally some necromancer buffs

panda clue
May 23, 2014
spoiler: lily roth is diablo

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Poison brainwave:

volkuur's guidance on voltaxic with call of the brotherhood.

60% of lightning to chaos, 40% to cold, both being able to apply poison.

100% lightning damage able to poison, right?

Lightning tendrils really needs to be a channeled skill. Maybe storm burst would work like that.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
Hey can I get a guild invite for EnterMyBlackhole? Thankyou!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Patch Notes.

Also someone mentioned they were nerfing Shaped Strand farming, quick look at the notes doesn't show anything obvious to me. Any idea what specifically they're doing?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

hooly poo poo thats a lot of notes

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

quote:

In item filters, you can now use PlayAlertSoundPositional rather than PlayAlertSound to play a positional version (the sound comes from where the item dropped).
Added a warning message when attempting to put a Labyrinth Enchantment on an item that already has an implicit mod (as it will overwrite that mod).
You are now warned before leaving the Labyrinth without using the Altar of Ascendancy.

Nice

quote:

The Hellions in Prisoner's Gate have come down with an irreversible case of Scary Face.

lol

quote:

Added a new Zana quest to help guide players into the Atlas.

Was this not in beta?

quote:

The Ancient Rivalries chain can no longer be obtained from Navali. Existing chains can still be completed. The Hinekora's Sight unique amulet now has a small chance to drop from any enemy spawned by a Prophecy.

:rip:

quote:

Caustic Arrow's damage over time grows more quickly as it levels, up to 765 base Chaos damage per second at gem level 20 (up from 550.3). It is also now modified by projectile damage modifiers.

Maybe this skill will actually be usable again

quote:

Righteous Fire now deals 20% less damage to enemies at all levels. You now deal 20% more spell damage while Righteous Fire is active with a level 1 Righteous Fire gem (down from 40% more spell damage), up to 39% more spell damage at gem level 20 (down from 58% more spell damage).
Scorching Ray's damage has been reduced by 15% at level 1, down to 25% less damage at level 20. Scorching Ray now does not lock onto targets if you are holding your standing-attack key.

Ooof

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Aug 2, 2017

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

40% bonus damage on vortex when casting on frostbolt makes me want to come back and find a way to make vortex/frostbolt good. Probably cwc something+frostbolt since I mathed that out in PoB last league and it was insanely good and then manually dropping ranged Vortexes.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

"Added new darkshrine effects designed specifically for the Labyrinth, all of which positively affect the run in some way. All of the previous darkshrine effects have been disabled."

so darkshrines are actually always good now?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Awesome! posted:

"Added new darkshrine effects designed specifically for the Labyrinth, all of which positively affect the run in some way. All of the previous darkshrine effects have been disabled."

so darkshrines are actually always good now?

Yep

And as I'm still reading this novel:

quote:

The Shaper now prevents players from opening portals while fighting him. Zana has 50% more life during the Shaper encounter. The grace period when re-entering the Shaper encounter mid-fight has been reduced to 3 seconds.

Sounds like Shaper services might take a hit, but yay for Zana being tougher to kill

quote:

Added 15 Grandmasters to the Hall of Grandmasters and replaced 2 existing Grandmasters with updated versions. Balance changes to charges, ailments, damage over time and pierce have been propagated out to the Grandmasters. Several Grandmasters have been adjusted as a result of these balance changes.

Guessing that Aegis Aurora bastard is still there :argh:

quote:

Porcupine Goliaths in maps now have a 70% chance to release spikes on death (down from 100%).

Cool

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
OK, did KB really need to be dumpstered?

quote:

Kinetic Blast can no longer deal explosion damage to the target it hit with its initial projectiles.

RF Totem nerf - was this in beta?

quote:

Summoned totems have 45% less life and take 45% less damage. This will impact life leeched from attacking enemy totems and the damage dealt by Righteous Fire totems.

Old emberwakes keep the 300 stack, so embertaming still exists in standard, and is stronger with new taming (20% per stack).

lurksion fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Aug 2, 2017

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Initially came for build advice, but screw it, I am doin' it live :getin:

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Aug 2, 2017

Pollyzoid
Nov 2, 2010

GRUUAGH you say?
I don't see Cyclone getting more melee range when leveled listed :(
Hopefully they did implement it and just forgot to list it.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Oh poo poo this is really close to releasing. I haven't paid attention to the beta like at all, where the gently caress can I read a huge massive list of all the stuff coming in 3 or 2?? days

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Bob NewSCART posted:

Oh poo poo this is really close to releasing. I haven't paid attention to the beta like at all, where the gently caress can I read a huge massive list of all the stuff coming in 3 or 2?? days

Uh, the patch notes that were literally just linked?

Pollyzoid posted:

quote:

Cyclone's additional melee range now applies to unarmed attacks. Cyclone now also uses pathfinding to determine where the skill will take the player (as opposed to moving in a direct line). Cyclone's description has been updated.

Pollyzoid
Nov 2, 2010

GRUUAGH you say?
That only mentions unarmed attacks. I guess they just forgot to mention the range increase itself?

e: How it was in the beta:

quote:

-- I can tell you that [Cyclone] gains additional melee range every few gem levels on our local servers, and hopefully this will be included in the next Beta update. It's currently +3 melee range at level 20 of the gem, +4 at gem level 21, but this may be tweaked.

e2: waait what's this

quote:

Added a Passive Skill Tree planning system.
In-game passive skill planning?

Pollyzoid fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Aug 2, 2017

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Pollyzoid posted:

ctrl f for cyclone: yeah it's in

btw no Zerker changes means :getin: again

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Aug 2, 2017

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

gently caress, I was planning to start with RF totems :argh:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

quote:

Sentari's Answer: Now ignores your curse limit.
This looks pretty significant to me. That's free Punishment for a high block melee character, basically.

omeg posted:

gently caress, I was planning to start with RF totems :argh:

yeah, rip

quote:

Vessel of Vinktar: The original versions now grant Gain Life and Mana from Leech instantly (can no longer instantly leech to Energy Shield).

...did they retroactively nerf Vinktar's instant leech?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
The Necromancer's Commander of Darkness skill now grants 3% increased Attack and Cast Speed to you and Allies per aura (down from 5%), and 30% increased Damage for you and Allies affected by your Auras (instead of 10% increased Damage for you and Allies per aura).

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Trogdos! posted:

The Necromancer's Commander of Darkness skill now grants 3% increased Attack and Cast Speed to you and Allies per aura (down from 5%), and 30% increased Damage for you and Allies affected by your Auras (instead of 10% increased Damage for you and Allies per aura).
Wait, WHAT?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
From uberelites stream, the SRS damage change is nothing to worry about. The commander nerf is a little more troubling, but you aren't loosing that much.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Not sure if you got the change or not, but in case you didn't - it's now 30% total, absolute, instead of 10% per aura. So it's a nerf if you have more than 3 auras.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Elentor posted:

Not sure if you got the change or not, but in case you didn't - it's now 30% total, absolute, instead of 10% per aura. So it's a nerf if you have more than 3 auras.

Yeah, on paper to me this looks a bit too much of a nerf, which is what surprised me. Going to see it through in game though before making any judgements.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

how many auras were people generally running

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Awesome! posted:

how many auras were people generally running

Depends, but but up 8, I'd say, is nothing unusual.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

There were 9 aura builds, plus vaal auras as well which counted but I think that was only for dedicated support. There was also a few 7 or 8 aura SRS builds.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

lurksion posted:

OK, did KB really need to be dumpstered?

GGG responded to this and it's not a nerf and doesn't affect anything that's currently in the game pre 3.0. It basically stops you from one shotting the new gigantic boss monsters.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It puts commander of darkness into line with other team member damage boosts from items or ascendancy and there were a lot of things you didn't think would count as auras but did, I'm all for not making it feel mandatory to have a player be a glorified buffbot.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Vasudus posted:

The jewels are good because you can band-aid a mediocre skill into being pretty good without making things OP. Having to give up 1-2 jewel sockets is a good tradeoff IMO.

I am going to do cleave probably so I'm willing to make the sacrifice but honestly most of these skills are giving up jewel slots to be competitive with other better skills. It's a pretty brutal tradeoff when they coould just buff the skills you ask me. Especially when no one is going to be running them without the jewels.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Silhouette Wires posted:

Hey can I get a guild invite for EnterMyBlackhole? Thankyou!

Sent

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yeah, on paper to me this looks a bit too much of a nerf, which is what surprised me. Going to see it through in game though before making any judgements.

I think it's too small of a nerf. Unless the game gets massively harder at endgame there's still no reason to run guardian support. They should have kept the values as they were and made it minions only.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I was planning on running SR to start but I guess I'm going back to ED with these notes.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

quote:

Brutus' Lead Sprinkler: No longer adds 2-4 Fire damage to attacks per 10 Strength. Now grants 4-7 Fire damage added to attacks with this weapon per 10 Strength.

Wasn't this build already really good?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

gonadic io posted:

Wasn't this build already really good?

It's significantly worse now.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

TheRat posted:

It's significantly worse now.

What caused that? My understanding was that it usually used Molten Strike and so doesn't care about the DoT changes. The WED gem got nerfed a little, but I can't see how that would be too significant.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

gonadic io posted:

What caused that? My understanding was that it usually used Molten Strike and so doesn't care about the DoT changes. The WED gem got nerfed a little, but I can't see how that would be too significant.

I dont remember the exact changs, but Kild was very unhappy about his build so maybe he can fill in.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost
Won't it have the same nerf as HOWA, that "elemental damage added per stat" on a weapon only applies to that weapon and not globally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yeah but they nearly doubled it to compensate.