Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
YET :can: :can: :can: :can: :can: :can: :can: :can: :can:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Some good LF discussion in the last few pages of the Trump thread actually.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3821460&pagenumber=1973&perpage=40#post474952524

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

perfect pagesnipe.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hobo Erotica posted:

Meanwhile, I excel at all 3.

You excel at making bad posts?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
How good is Nando's?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
It's pretty nice. But the Fucker that owns the building with the stupid columns in West End, Brisbane kicked them and the nice Malaysian restaurant out because Ray White wanted to put an office there; so now I don't have a local Nandos any more.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
My Nandos' landlord raised the rent too high. The shop was vacant for a year after

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-02/sunshine-fruit-market-former-owner-fined-for-underpaying-worker/8767584

quote:

The former owner of a Melbourne fruit shop has been handed a record fine for underpaying an Afghani refugee who went weeks without wages.
Fair Work Australia fined Abdulrahman Taleb, the former owner and operator of Sunshine Fruit Market in Sunshine, about $16,000 and his company $644,000 for deliberately ignoring warnings about pay rates and withholding pay.

The judge said Taleb, from Altona North, had never apologised and his contrition was "unimpressive".
yeah get bent

https://twitter.com/DanielGannon/status/892313386796503041
https://twitter.com/DanielGannon/status/892548464042582016

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Too many women, hardly reflective of the makeup of our business and community leaders at all.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

bandaid.friend posted:

My Nandos' landlord raised the rent too high. The shop was vacant for a year after

There are shops in my area that renovate, open for half a year, sit vacant for half a year, renovate and repeat. A decade ago, it was only one or two shops, but now it feels closer to a quarter or a third of shops (if you also include shops that manage for a few years). Turns out you can't afford to run a business on bubble rents when your customers are budget conscious, and you aren't the established fish & chip, charcoal chicken, or asian takeaway.

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

It breaks my brain that this sort of poo poo doesn't land the owner in prison. 16k personal fine for repeated exploitation after warnings is bullshit.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Tokamak posted:

There are shops in my area that renovate, open for half a year, sit vacant for half a year, renovate and repeat. A decade ago, it was only one or two shops, but now it feels closer to a quarter or a third of shops (if you also include shops that manage for a few years). Turns out you can't afford to run a business on bubble rents when your customers are budget conscious, and you aren't the established fish & chip, charcoal chicken, or asian takeaway.

Those people are laundering money mate.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Tokamak posted:

the solution to this issue is cutting wages

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/joshbutler/status/892635509716992000

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

There are still no muslims in government, they're in the opposition *ausposts comment to the age*

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
5/(150+76) == 2.2%
Muslim Population of Australia == 2.2%

Seems spot on to me.

EDIT: Lol, Muslim population is now 2.6% and some of these people aren't even in the federal parliament, so Muslims are underrepresented there...

hooman fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Aug 2, 2017

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I feel like going to the comments and playing "well you see Islam isn't a race so I'm not actually racist" bingo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Also bad form muddying the waters and playing at Dastyari being anything than a bright red Chicom stool pigeon.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
"Brian’s teaching background saw him lecture in Engineering Drawing at Sydney and Newcastle TAFE for 10 years"

Of course he's an engineering lecturer.

EDIT: Technically a drafting lecturer, but close enough.

hooman fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Aug 2, 2017

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

hooman posted:

Of course he's an engineering lecturer.

EDIT: Technically a drafting lecturer, but close enough.

So what's up with engineering lecturers then?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Shitheels are over represented in the engineering community.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Ora Tzo posted:

So what's up with engineering lecturers then?

Imagine the kind of people engineers look at and go "wow what a narrow viewed idiot".

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

change from within

Also I was riding the train home from work and thought some poo poo was going to start when this guy in front of me put his pack down and put on a MAGA hat.

Wait no it read 'Make Auditing Great Again.'

:|

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Synthbuttrange posted:

change from within

Also I was riding the train home from work and thought some poo poo was going to start when this guy in front of me put his pack down and put on a MAGA hat.

Wait no it read 'Make Auditing Great Again.'

:|

Haha is he saying that they should take their last election promise to the next election?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Is Turball going to get knifed if MPs cross the floor? The ABC hinted something juicy about Julie Bishop cancelling what appeared to be a pretty important trip overseas at the last minute which I thought was interesting

Can Labor introduce a bill to legalise same sex marriage from opposition? Not that they'd want to given the LNP are happily tearing each other to shreds over it.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
My 27 year old brother is getting married next year. His fiance's parents are going to check out a house this weekend and if they like it they'll put an offer on it... of ~4 million. Then they'll give the house to my brother and his missus when they get married. He's a store manager for a national retail chain and she's in childcare. They'd never ever be able to afford that house if her parents weren't rich.

Fortunately I asked and he does understand that this is amazingly lucky and that most of our generation will never own a house so hopefully it won't turn him Liberal. In which case I'll manage not to be angry that he's getting a house for nothing while I'm stuck renting forever.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Ah memories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ9y1c73-IM

Silence is indeed golden.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ewe2 posted:

Ah memories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ9y1c73-IM

Silence is indeed golden.

The cricket chirping at 1:20 is real :staredog: and so appropriate.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Futuresight posted:

My 27 year old brother is getting married next year. His fiance's parents are going to check out a house this weekend and if they like it they'll put an offer on it... of ~4 million. Then they'll give the house to my brother and his missus when they get married. He's a store manager for a national retail chain and she's in childcare. They'd never ever be able to afford that house if her parents weren't rich.

Fortunately I asked and he does understand that this is amazingly lucky and that most of our generation will never own a house so hopefully it won't turn him Liberal. In which case I'll manage not to be angry that he's getting a house for nothing while I'm stuck renting forever.

You brother is already gone.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

You brother is already gone.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Tony Abbott has criticised the NSW Liberal premier Gladys Berejiklian accusing her government of “losing its nerve” by refusing to clear homeless people camping in Sydney’s Martin Place. The former PM said the group should be moved on peacefully but “with great vigour if necessary”

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gay picnic defence posted:

Tony Abbott has criticised the NSW Liberal premier Gladys Berejiklian accusing her government of “losing its nerve” by refusing to clear homeless people camping in Sydney’s Martin Place. The former PM said the group should be moved on peacefully but “with great vigour if necessary”

Good to know the Mad Monk, trained priest, has zero compassion for the unfortunate in our society.

How very Christian of that slimy fucker.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Tony then walked away with a folder held somewhat awkwardly over his crotch.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

DancingShade posted:

Good to know the Mad Monk, trained priest, has zero compassion for the unfortunate in our society.

he did literally abandon priesthood over disagreeing with Jesus on things like 'compassion' and 'humility'

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

DancingShade posted:

My mate's dad is a bona fide Jesuit/lawyer and his blood is currently boiling over this since he spends his retirement telling the city of Melbourne to gently caress off on behalf of sacred heart mission's patrons.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.thestirrer.com.au/open-war-in-the-lnp/

Dutton going for the Mussolini move.

Outcome is Helicopter Queen or King Potato. My money is on King Potato because armed fascists tend to win these things.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

DancingShade posted:

http://www.thestirrer.com.au/open-war-in-the-lnp/

Dutton going for the Mussolini move.

Outcome is Helicopter Queen or King Potato. My money is on King Potato because armed fascists tend to win these things.

What is the stirrer?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

JBP posted:

What is the stirrer?

its u

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
mmmm splits

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

thatbastardken posted:

he did literally abandon priesthood over disagreeing with Jesus on things like 'compassion' and 'humility'

Specifically that why should he have to help his sick brothers, if they're too sick go to hospital, if they don't go to hospital stop loving leaning :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Hurry up with the postal plebiscite because I have the perfect funny tweet.

• Locked thread