Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Helltooth pets looses steam around Gr70 and spend more time babysitting your idiot pets then killing what needs to be deaded.

You're thinking of Dagger of Darts and the Zuni Dagger of Darts build on IV is actually pretty fun. Maybe a bit more oomph than HT Garg if only because you can direct your DPS a lot better.

Sounds neat, but I just got this set piece dagger called "Manajuma's carving knife", which when paired with the offhand (guess i'll do arachyr's set since it also boosts hex) it makes the angry chicken Hex last for 15 seconds, gives me 100% increased movement speed (while I already have a 55% movement speed bonus), and the explosion deals 400% more damage, with slain enemies triggering another explosion. What the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
I do a lot of solo content but not much group stuff. I want to run a zbarb a bit to rack up Paragon but I always get scared witless about actually doing it. Are there any videos from non-clowns that explain how to play it effectively? I did it about 5 seasons or so ago and did OK but I was never quite sure if I was actually doing my job right. zBarb is kind of like the scouting role isn't it? Keep up Ignore Pain on everybody and make sure you aggro as many mobs as you can for the clump?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Maker Of Shoes posted:

A lot more general weirdness on console too. Lag seems worse and there's now a cute gray screen bug that prevents any controller input forcing you to hard quit the game.

I've been struggling with this all season. Especially the dash, either not firing off, or chaining 2-4 uses on one button press, burning my charges/spirit.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Poultron posted:

I do a lot of solo content but not much group stuff. I want to run a zbarb a bit to rack up Paragon but I always get scared witless about actually doing it. Are there any videos from non-clowns that explain how to play it effectively? I did it about 5 seasons or so ago and did OK but I was never quite sure if I was actually doing my job right. zBarb is kind of like the scouting role isn't it? Keep up Ignore Pain on everybody and make sure you aggro as many mobs as you can for the clump?

Basically yeah. Keep IP up, explore a bit but not too far so you can come back to reapply IP before it expires. Rage flip stragglers into the pile. I've been told necros want you to hit channeling pylons immediately but wait for their signal for the other types.

It's OK not to IP the monk because they don't really need it, at least, not unless you're pushing high.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Any obvious improvements to go for here (Whirlwind Barb)? https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Lunsku-2293/hero/96903938

Currently pushing my death's breaths to upgrading 2h maces trying to hit Furnace for cube, and shards to helms and chests hunting for ancient Wastes pieces. Forgotten souls don't have and obvious sink I can think of now as I just reforged second weapon to ancient.

Farming T11, jumping that to T12 pretty soon, GR's at 58 or so. Gem mix feels okay, Taeguk and Bane of the Stricken feel unreplaceable, the third one has been either Esoteric Alteration or Pain Enhancer.

Contemplating changing the rings out for ~something~, have several CoEs and SoJs out that feel most tempting - unfortunately none ancient. The miser Blackthorne's amulet is a bit odd I know but simply don't have currently amulet that I feel could easily replace that for the pure stats.

Edit: Also thinking trying some stat/item mix to lower cooldowns, mostly for trying to having t at least semi-permanent barbarian steroids up. Wrath of the Berserker is every time such massive boost.

Lunsku fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 1, 2017

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Suspicious posted:

I've been told necros want you to hit channeling pylons immediately

:cry:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

ChickenSuit posted:

From forever ago but thank you for this. I switched to monk so I could tank for some friends but still like to push solo when I can. Everything else has been terrible. Either didn't enjoy the play style or was poo poo at it. Took this build to top 100 in just a few blocks of playing.

Looking at the build I wonder if it wouldn't be better to replace bindings of the lesser gods bracers for either spirit guards or parthans.

I mean, when your lashing kick is doing 20 billion plus, is the little extra mystic ally damage even noticeable?

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Poultron posted:

If you have no idea what you're doing, DON'T run a zbarb. A zbarb is responsible for so much in a rift, setting up packs, scouting maps, creating density, spawning pylons, stunlocking and running IP. An inexperienced zbarb, at the best, can make a rift harder since you're doing 0 dmg, and on average absolutely ruins a run. Run zmonk instead and learn how to barb from watching a good one and reading a guide.

If you're looking for paragons anyways, monks are much faster since they're an absolute must for all speed run variations, and speed runs is where you absolutely rack up the xp

Lunsku posted:

Gem mix feels okay, Taeguk and Bane of the Stricken feel unreplaceable, the third one has been either Esoteric Alteration or Pain Enhancer.

In all probability, you do not need stricken. Stricken is only highly useful for RG kills. You should not be wasting time stacking stricken on normal or elite mobs, or else you'll never finish the grift in time. If you're running grifts where you can still 4second kill elite mobs but have problems finishing the RG, then run a stricken

Guilty fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 1, 2017

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Vakal posted:

Looking at the build I wonder if it wouldn't be better to replace bindings of the lesser gods bracers for either spirit guards or parthans.

I mean, when your lashing kick is doing 20 billion plus, is the little extra mystic ally damage even noticeable?

I'll do some testing on this tonight (because I, too, broke through 70 thanks to this build), but straight off the bat spirit guards are useless because you're not running a generator, and to my knowledge APD doesn't proc off of Cyclone Strike. Strongarm Bracers would be a good pick, or Reaper's Wraps for more conditional LTK juice.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

APD also interacts with Freeze, which has oddly never been updated yet is pretty vital for certain classes.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Guilty posted:

If you have no idea what you're doing, DON'T run a zbarb. A zbarb is responsible for so much in a rift, setting up packs, scouting maps, creating density, spawning pylons, stunlocking and running IP. An inexperienced zbarb, at the best, can make a rift harder since you're doing 0 dmg, and on average absolutely ruins a run. Run zmonk instead and learn how to barb from watching a good one and reading a guide.

If you're looking for paragons anyways, monks are much faster since they're an absolute must for all speed run variations, and speed runs is where you absolutely rack up the xp

Where can I find a half-decent guide for this stuff? As I'm sure I don't need to explain most of the guides written by the Diablo 3 community seem to be written by very skilled players who have somehow never spoken to another human being in their entire life.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Lunsku posted:

Any obvious improvements to go for here (Whirlwind Barb)? https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Lunsku-2293/hero/96903938

Currently pushing my death's breaths to upgrading 2h maces trying to hit Furnace for cube, and shards to helms and chests hunting for ancient Wastes pieces. Forgotten souls don't have and obvious sink I can think of now as I just reforged second weapon to ancient.

Farming T11, jumping that to T12 pretty soon, GR's at 58 or so. Gem mix feels okay, Taeguk and Bane of the Stricken feel unreplaceable, the third one has been either Esoteric Alteration or Pain Enhancer.

Contemplating changing the rings out for ~something~, have several CoEs and SoJs out that feel most tempting - unfortunately none ancient. The miser Blackthorne's amulet is a bit odd I know but simply don't have currently amulet that I feel could easily replace that for the pure stats.

Edit: Also thinking trying some stat/item mix to lower cooldowns, mostly for trying to having t at least semi-permanent barbarian steroids up. Wrath of the Berserker is every time such massive boost.

This is what got me through GR70: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Amaranth-1638/hero/88765778

People will tell you a lot to drop Stricken, but I agree with Icy Veins on it - you're an absurdly good DPS vs groups of enemies, but single targets are a bitch, which Stricken is better for. I find stomp super useful against RGs for the stun, and against everything else just to keep things gathered up. Pride of Cassius, a hellfire with Tough as Nails, and accepting I needed diamonds turned the 60's around for me.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

It's what the necro told me :\

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Any advice on what I should do with this new ancient? Reforge? Roll the socket off to IAS and use a cube on it?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is the 4 second elite pack what "everyone " follows as a good benchmark?

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

euphronius posted:

Is the 4 second elite pack what "everyone " follows as a good benchmark?

Do what is fun for you. If max poopsocking to the nth degree is your thing then yes, on average, 4 seconds to kill an elite pack is acceptable. If you want your experience to be more than just facerolling a keyboard then feel free to adjust your difficulty but as long as you are ok with being 'suboptimal'

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I've been running Griffs at 5-6 minutes which feels ok.

Solo.

Always solo.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

I've never heard this 4 second thing, maybe for speed clears but mine take quite a while to kill in later grifts.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
That what it's for, if you're taking more than 4 seconds to kill elites lower the difficulty for your farming runs/gem leveling base grift difficulty

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
You gotta be able to blow up a pack of goblins if you see them. Set the difficulty as high as you can go with that in mind.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Bob James posted:

You gotta be able to blow up a pack of goblins if you see them. Set the difficulty as high as you can go with that in mind.

This for sure. If you can't blow up gob packs, go down. That's the only dps meter I go by. Also what builds I go by too, if gobs easily escape build sucks

Vakal
May 11, 2008

f#a# posted:

I'll do some testing on this tonight (because I, too, broke through 70 thanks to this build), but straight off the bat spirit guards are useless because you're not running a generator, and to my knowledge APD doesn't proc off of Cyclone Strike. Strongarm Bracers would be a good pick, or Reaper's Wraps for more conditional LTK juice.

Looking more at it. That person has mystic ally on the skill bar, which I guess was the point of having the bindings bracers on since with the zodiac ring and low cooldown you could be popping the clones fairly often. But once again I'm not sure that extra damage source would even make a meaningful difference.

I would drop mystic allies since you get them from the set for free anyway, and either pick up a generator and use spirit guards, or take the Agility mantra for the 35% dodge and use strong arms.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Don't drop the mystic ally, the whole point is that you get a poo poo-ton of spirit from the air guys every time you use it.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

It's my current seasonal Necro: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Yuppidoo-1198/hero/92829099

You can substitute Frailty for Siphon in groups, or Simulacrum with more CDR to push rifts. You can also try to work in a different necklace + ring combo than Endless Walk.

Did you post a general play pattern for this anywhere? I felt like spamming Devour and Skeletal Mage was correct but it was hard to tell if that was optimum

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

ZypherIM posted:

Don't drop the mystic ally, the whole point is that you get a poo poo-ton of spirit from the air guys every time you use it.
Yeah, air alley is necessary in that build. Spirit juice, heal, and freezes bosses. You can practically keep rift guardians permastunned.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Got arachyr's torso from a random guy's corpse. now if only that rear end in a top hat would give me his helmet. i aint made of blood shards! although...

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I have spent literally every resource from creation to GR75 solo on this loving Bone Storm necro to get an ancient Shadowhook. Nothing. Tonight...

Got enough blood shards for a weapon gamble.

:negative:

Gonna go run a quick rift for some deafbreafs. Only need a few for a single rare upgrade.

Seriously. Within 5 minutes of each other.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Poultron posted:

Where can I find a half-decent guide for this stuff? As I'm sure I don't need to explain most of the guides written by the Diablo 3 community seem to be written by very skilled players who have somehow never spoken to another human being in their entire life.

Memorize all of this: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-general-forums/diablo-iii-general-discussion/176376-pylons-mechanics-and-usage

And zhanji has decent video guides on YouTube. You can also watch Bear barbing

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Did you post a general play pattern for this anywhere? I felt like spamming Devour and Skeletal Mage was correct but it was hard to tell if that was optimum

I did record a GR75 clear on my NS Necro when I was just starting out with it. I basically just roll my fingers over Mage ÷ Devour while doing my best to keep up Bone Armor and skellies to direct priority targets. The health globes you generate combined with Blood Sucker gives you a constant supply of health + essence, which is pretty cool.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Finally got one to upgrade into an ancient. What's the verdict on it? Up next is a shield I guess. Then the armor set. :negative:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Dang that is one sick scythe. Damage range is nearly perfect so you can roll Elite % -> Damage % although I'd even be somewhat tempted to put Freeze chance on something with such natively good rolls.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

Dang that is one sick scythe. Damage range is nearly perfect so you can roll Elite % -> Damage % although I'd even be somewhat tempted to put Freeze chance on something with such natively good rolls.

I was thinking of just rolling the damage% but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some secret trick that made elite damage super good over it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Elite damage is always good where you can get it but for the purposes of pushing further into GR your overall damage against non-elites is just as important if not more so.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

It's also only 7%, I could at least try to get overall damage up to 10%.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Nuebot posted:

Finally got one to upgrade into an ancient. What's the verdict on it? Up next is a shield I guess. Then the armor set. :negative:

Roll intelligence to increased dmg 10%. You'll appreciate it later

DO NOT roll away elite dmg. If you get rid of the +int, you'll have a nearly perfect scythe right there

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

You're asking him to roll off 171 paragon levels along with its associated resists with the expectation that he'll be pushing GRs beyond P1100, which is totally something most goons here do.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
I need to keep reminding myself that I burn out around the same PL every season and gearing for super-endgame Paragon is totally pointless.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Don't roll off mainstat you loving idiot.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

exquisite tea posted:

I did record a GR75 clear on my NS Necro when I was just starting out with it. I basically just roll my fingers over Mage ÷ Devour while doing my best to keep up Bone Armor and skellies to direct priority targets. The health globes you generate combined with Blood Sucker gives you a constant supply of health + essence, which is pretty cool.

How would you compare it to a Rathma's minion build? I'm running the bog standard Rathma's right now with one or two minor skill tweaks and I"m enjoying it, but I'm a tad stalled out at GR80 and trying to figure out if it's just my equipment, if I'm just not that good (first time I've done a season since launch), or if the build itself has a ceiling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I eventually pushed into GR85 on my NS Necro with Trag'pets before I would have needed more augments + paragon to progress. I never got that far with Rathma but it's apparently a top GR solo build for leaderboards. I didn't like the Rathma playstyle though, too many things to keep watch over and too spammy. I think Trag'pets is just a pretty well-balanced build for all aspects of the game, and while you are still fundamentally spamming mages and devour it's a bit more laid back.