Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

mike12345 posted:

btw there's a russian margaery cosplayer who looks a bit different

Largaery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
In the books everyone is an anime anyway. I'm glad the tv show doesn't have people with bright purple eyes and wild, electric blue hair and two eyepatches and a million belts, dual wielding hammers as the cry about their power levels

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Drunken Baker posted:

In the books everyone is an anime anyway. I'm glad the tv show doesn't have people with bright purple eyes and wild, electric blue hair and two eyepatches and a million belts, dual wielding hammers as the cry about their power levels

That actually sound pretty baller. I might have to read the books.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Drunken Baker posted:

lol hpw serious are you being

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

moose face posted:

lol hpw serious are you being

Be happy they didn't include, "Darkstar", in the show.

a fat nerd posted:

Gerold Dayne has an aquiline nose, high cheekbones and a strong jaw. He keeps his face clean-shaven. He has thick silver hair that falls to his collar like a silver glacier, divided by a streak of midnight black. His eyes appear black but at closer vantage they are a dark purple - dark and angry.

ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

eh if they novelized the show everyone would be described as a "brown haired beard-haver" and it would get confusing and boring

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

dark and angry - woah

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

mike12345 posted:

btw there's a russian margaery cosplayer who looks a bit different

dont post my picture without asking for permission. tia...

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Blue Raider posted:

iirc sansas not as major a character in the books. she went through the whole tyrion marriage thing and hosed off with littlefinger and hasnt been seen for like 2 books

She's getting married off to the next in line at The Eyrie isn't she? Getting set up to reveal herself and unite the north.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
why didnt brienne and the hound just gently caress instead of kicking each other in the privates?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Secret Machine posted:

Be happy they didn't include, "Darkstar", in the show.

ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL

Is that actually how the writing is?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

king robert used a warhammer during his rebellion and there are like 2 non targaryen characters with retarded features, one of whom is clearly some fucker in a disguise.

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Is that actually how the writing is?

"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night."

And

"I was weaned on venom, Dalt. Any viper takes a bite of me will rue it."

But what do you expect coming from an author that still has a livejournal? lol

In fact, now I kinda wish they had included Darkstar in the show so Bronne or The Hound could clown on him.

"What's your name again? Dorksperg? Dickstroke? Dogspunk?"

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Yolomon Wayne posted:

why didnt brienne and the hound just gently caress instead of kicking each other in the privates?

That's how mad hard bastards shag.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Never go to a Scottish brothel. Fair warning.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

dark star exists because gurm regretted killing oberyn lol

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

basic hitler posted:

dark star exists because gurm regretted killing oberyn lol

The quotes I found for him after Secret Machine's post made him way less interesting than Oberyn, more of a silly parody if anything... might be me really liking Pascal's performance though :v

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Stephen King should send George some of whatever cocaine he was taking in the 80s, those loving books are never going to be finished. Or worse, he'll get frustrated and do some, "And then the dragons ate the bad guys, and everyone was cool with it, THE END"

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The shows quality followed that of the books.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I know it's been mentioned before, but my god, the costumes on the Khalessi faction. The show was pretty good so far with costumes that look medieval but now it's like someone from Deviantart/Tumblr trying to make bring the wardrobe to a "new, exciting and modern spin"

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Decebal posted:

I know it's been mentioned before, but my god, the costumes on the Khalessi faction. The show was pretty good so far with costumes that look medieval but now it's like someone from Deviantart/Tumblr trying to make bring the wardrobe to a "new, exciting and modern spin"

Mods please change my name to "Euron's Leather Jacket"

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

quote:

"The pages that we were supposed to shoot... he was much more broody, he was much more grrrrr," said Asbaek. "And they took a lot of that out. And then when we were going to do the throne scene, Dan and David came up to me and said ‘we’re gonna take out this line’ and I said ‘which one of them?’ ‘And two good hands.’ And I just looked at them and I said ‘that is so wrong. It needs to go "here I am, with a thousand ships… and two good hands".’
"It’s a great line! They wanted to take it out because they felt it was too much but it’s never too much if you can… it’s two really good hands!"

TLDR D&D are loving retards. Euron is awesome because Asbaek is pushing back on their poo poo.

He'll probably be ruined by next season.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
The showrunners are indeed bad at their storytelling jobs and seeing how they've digressed in 7 seasons it's a wonder season 1 was good to begin with

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I was hoping the Sand Snakes would get dipped in acid, Roger Rabbit style; what a loving mess they made of the whole Dorne faction.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Season 1- Timid shitheads nobody knows faithfully adapting something they're gambling on being their mealticket

Season 7- maladjusted manbabies probing the darkened shack of a lazy fat rear end in a top hat while screamong about wanting it to be over

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

ElGroucho posted:

Stephen King should send George some of whatever cocaine he was taking in the 80s, those loving books are never going to be finished. Or worse, he'll get frustrated and do some, "And then the dragons ate the bad guys, and everyone was cool with it, THE END"

Stephen King was so much better on cocaine- See the Dark Tower books.

It would help with Gurm's weight too! :catdrugs:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My one true sincere hope is that the show ends with Jon Snow running off to be a lumberjack.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

My one true sincere hope is that the show ends with Jon Snow running off to be a lumberjack.

he sits down to eat a dire wolf bread, close up shot of him looking to the door of the end, cut to black

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Zzulu posted:

Who do you most want to have sex with on this show, and why?

Tormund Giantsbane and I think the reason is obvious.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Toadvine posted:

The showrunners are indeed bad at their storytelling jobs and seeing how they've digressed in 7 seasons it's a wonder season 1 was good to begin with

Season 1 followed Book 1 very, very closely. Much of the dialog was identical to the book, which was arguably the best book. When they broke away and wrote scenes on their own it was hit or miss. (Robert's "They never tell you how they all poo poo themselves" vs. BJ/shave scene with Renly and Loras.)

As they further deviated from the books, and as the books got worse themselves, we find ourselves with bad pussy.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Dany discovers she's actually a real bad Queen, and kind of a real rear end in a top hat, throws herself off the castle wall, the end.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

ElGroucho posted:

gurms hosed whatever he does.
If he writes the books as the show went, hell be accused of lazy copy/paste.
If he does it different, people will be up in arms cause its not canon or whatever.

otoh, hes rich enough as it is, so he might as well go gently caress it and just never finish.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Season 1 followed Book 1 very, very closely. Much of the dialog was identical to the book, which was arguably the best book. When they broke away and wrote scenes on their own it was hit or miss. (Robert's "They never tell you how they all poo poo themselves" vs. BJ/shave scene with Renly and Loras.)

As they further deviated from the books, and as the books got worse themselves, we find ourselves with bad pussy.

Fine I'll go read the books!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Toadvine posted:

Fine I'll go read the books!

Just read through 1-3, be like "whoa, things got really crazy" and then pretend the author died and we'll never know how it ends

It's better that way

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
The books sorta deviate from the books too. The farther you go in the more you are reading entire chapters about these random characters that have nothing to do with anything.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Why did the Hound had to fight Brienne ? In the books they barely meet.

Was it so they can be all progressive and stuff ?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

ElGroucho posted:

Just read through 1-3, be like "whoa, things got really crazy" and then pretend the author died and we'll never know how it ends

It's better that way

This is fact. I've read them all so I'm in it chasing the gurm opium dragon so don't be like me. Stop after 3!! *voice fading *

Also lol @ Dorkstar

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Even with the first 3 books, which are really , really good, I wonder if knowing all the big reveals would impact someone's ability to slog through the 1000 pages ? A big part of what motivated me to read them constantly was the desire to find out what happens to the characters.

If you take that incentive away it might be a grind

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I hope a giant steps on some more people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'd rather read GBS for 3 hours every day than read a page of gurm.