Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Thanks for putting out your mod. I'll check it out later tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Suddenly the announce voice in FPW is in Japanese. There hasn't been a patch so maybe I need to double-check something.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

Suddenly the announce voice in FPW is in Japanese. There hasn't been a patch so maybe I need to double-check something.
You mean the "ten minutes have passed" arena voiceover? That changes depending on the arena you're playing in.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
So what exactly is the point in the Tap Mania game?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

MisterGBH posted:

So what exactly is the point in the Tap Mania game?

The numbers get bigger

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's bad, even by idle game standards.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
My favorite is how sometimes card packs don't even give you new cards, they give you "shards" that will eventually ($) become cards

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
When tapmania was first released I decided to go whole hog on an event for a weekend. Just tapping the poo poo out of it, prestiging, and always enabling the Jericho multipliers by watching ads, maaaan.

I finished around 10th-15th place in the dang world and received about 2% of a Brock card, 50% of a jobber card, and 100 gold (it's 500 to buy a basic pack.) Basically nothing.

Immediately uninstalled. Tbh it was fun to watch my team of Styles, Ambrose, Kofi, Sheamus, and myself (Beefy Shamrock) kick the absolute dogshit out of everybody with 5v1 NWO beatdowns though. Not the worst weekend i have spent with a game but no idea how someone could "play" it any longer

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

beggar posted:

When tapmania was first released I decided to go whole hog on an event for a weekend. Just tapping the poo poo out of it, prestiging, and always enabling the Jericho multipliers by watching ads, maaaan.

I finished around 10th-15th place in the dang world and received about 2% of a Brock card, 50% of a jobber card, and 100 gold (it's 500 to buy a basic pack.) Basically nothing.

Immediately uninstalled. Tbh it was fun to watch my team of Styles, Ambrose, Kofi, Sheamus, and myself (Beefy Shamrock) kick the absolute dogshit out of everybody with 5v1 NWO beatdowns though. Not the worst weekend i have spent with a game but no idea how someone could "play" it any longer

i think the rankings in it group you with like 100 random people and your rank is relative to theirs, so unless it said somewhere you were probably 10-15 in the group, but yeah the rewards still suck and to get anywhere you have to watch about six minutes of ads (half of them are unmutable, found this out the hard way when i got a crazy taxi ad that scared the poo poo out of me with YA YA YA YA YA when i had my headphones on). bad game

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/sc_prowrestling/status/892558348737892352

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so uh I'm playing an Effganic game in TEW 2016

and I'm playing the CMLL analogue

and one of my wrestler's pics is this

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
what the gently caress gimmick do i even give this guy? do I just make a Unique "HOT DOG MAN" gimmick and hope it goes over? i'm honestly laughing too hard at that loving picture to even think straight right now

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

what the gently caress gimmick do i even give this guy? do I just make a Unique "HOT DOG MAN" gimmick and hope it goes over? i'm honestly laughing too hard at that loving picture to even think straight right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMHqZ4OQ830

his name is Tod

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I mean, do you really need a gimmick? Here is a hot dog. He wrestles.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Maxwell Lord posted:

I mean, do you really need a gimmick? Here is a hot dog. He wrestles.

I have to give him something codified in TEW, or else he'll debut without a specific gimmick and everyone will hate him. Unfortunately that save game ended up eating all the gimmicks I tried to give my workers, and I was running a WWF-esque promotion, so I ended up having to bail on the save

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

so uh I'm playing an Effganic game in TEW 2016

and I'm playing the CMLL analogue

and one of my wrestler's pics is this

Have him do an Instagram gimmick.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Combine a gimmick he's good with alongside a fed-owned mask. So he could be Hot Doug, marine veteran hot dog, or Brat Frankfurter, the encased meat that walks the world undying.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Or Hedrew National, lovable babyface who finds heel antics to not be kosher.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an5H_0vKLJA

Pro Wrestling X is certainly a video game

edit: just a reminder, NewLegacy Inc has a Royal Rumble marathon next weekend raising funds for Fighting Back. The main draw of course is that there are two MDickie games in the lineup

edit 2: Oh my loving god the ragdoll physics when you knock someone off the cage

Testekill fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Aug 3, 2017

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

For a bit more variety I added IWA-Japan to my Monday Night Wars save in TEW 2013.

I am not disappointed.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

not sure how the Steam "backup" feature works out but I assume if I utilize it for Fire Pro, it will save all the CAWs I have in that data? Always want to be sure to safeguard my poo poo.

Also, if I delete something in the game that I have in my Workshop, does the Workshop version stay put? I'm talking about deleting or saving over a character as opposed to "uninstalling" one of my CAWs.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

First 2K18 screenshot for those who want this game

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I'll probably pick up the Switch version when it gets put on sale, knowing drat well everything will be downgraded for the port. As long as it functions it will be the best portable wrestling game ever released by default.

*cue horrific flashbacks to WWF Game Boy games and the PSP game that had 5 minute loading times between screens*

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Testekill posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an5H_0vKLJA

Pro Wrestling X is certainly a video game

edit 2: Oh my loving god the ragdoll physics when you knock someone off the cage

My favorite thing is the ~20 FPS and the no shame in trying to rip off the AKI games despite it being way too high above their skillset.

DLC Inc posted:

not sure how the Steam "backup" feature works out but I assume if I utilize it for Fire Pro, it will save all the CAWs I have in that data? Always want to be sure to safeguard my poo poo.

Also, if I delete something in the game that I have in my Workshop, does the Workshop version stay put? I'm talking about deleting or saving over a character as opposed to "uninstalling" one of my CAWs.

I'm not sure about the backup feature either but, once you upload something in the Workshop, it should be safe.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Call Me Charlie posted:

My favorite thing is the ~20 FPS and the no shame in trying to rip off the AKI games despite it being way too high above their skillset.

PWX is and remains my biggest letdown in terms of wrestling games because they've been at this for something like 10 years and still have barely anything to show for it.

DLC Inc posted:

Not sure how it works either, I do know everything is saved in a file in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\spikechunsoft\FireProWrestlingWorld . The file is savedata.dat. I've been able to manually copy or back this up and place it back into the directory after a reinstall.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
PWX is great because it's so hilariously bad, like a "so bad it's good" movie-type of entertainment.

My favorite personal moment that showed me just how wonderfully bad it is was the one time during a CPU-run match, a wrestler got busted open and the animation bugged out, which meant the wrestler basically spurted blood non-stop for the rest of the match, to the point where it eclipsed the Eddy/Muta scales.

By the time it got to the "victory" animation, where the winning wrestler celebrated in the ring while the other wrestler lay on the mat in the background with blood just constantly jetting out of his forehead, I was literally crying from laughing so hard. You just don't get that level of entertainment out of a competently, professionally made game.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

PWX is great because it's so hilariously bad, like a "so bad it's good" movie-type of entertainment.

My favorite personal moment that showed me just how wonderfully bad it is was the one time during a CPU-run match, a wrestler got busted open and the animation bugged out, which meant the wrestler basically spurted blood non-stop for the rest of the match, to the point where it eclipsed the Eddy/Muta scales.

By the time it got to the "victory" animation, where the winning wrestler celebrated in the ring while the other wrestler lay on the mat in the background with blood just constantly jetting out of his forehead, I was literally crying from laughing so hard. You just don't get that level of entertainment out of a competently, professionally made game.

if you don't think that's realistic well buddy have i got some czw to show you

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

C. Everett Koop posted:

if you don't think that's realistic well buddy have i got some czw to show you

Oh I didn't say it wasn't realistic, now. Just hilarious. :v:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

weekly font posted:

Have him do an Instagram gimmick.

He's a heel, and when he wins, he covers his opponents in ketchup.

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
good stuff in pro wrestling x:

rag doll
raised ramp
climbing stage poo poo
the future scaffold match

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Vice did an article on Fire Pro https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/kzbd43/fire-pro-wrestling-world-is-great-for-all-the-reasons-the-wwe-games-suck

ribtstu posted:

good stuff in pro wrestling x:

rag doll
raised ramp
climbing stage poo poo
the future scaffold match

WCW style pyro

More games need a ridiculous amount of pyro.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I had pwx mixed up with that five star wrestling game for PS3. Does that still exist? I'm assuming it was abandoned.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Snacksmaniac posted:

I had pwx mixed up with that five star wrestling game for PS3. Does that still exist? I'm assuming it was abandoned.

They released it on ps4 with a coat of paint and a few new features as Five Star Wrestling ReGenesis last year. Don't know how active they are with updates.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I hope they kept the bitchin Randy Orton soundalike theme

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
New Fire Pro patch

quote:

Version 0.9004 was published today.

[OFFLINE MODE]
- When selecting a wrestler with multiple costumes, you can now cancel and return to the Wrestler Select screen.
- Added keyboard functionality for the following gamepad buttons:
- X(Square) is now mapped to the Z key.
- Y (Triangle) is now mapped to the X key.

LEAGUE MODE SPECIFIC CHANGES
- Fixed issue where you could start a match by selecting a blanked-out square. (I.e. the space representing Wrestler A vs Wrestler A)
- In a league with multiple blocks, you can now move freely between blocks instead of being forced to hold matches in order.
- To switch between blocks in a league, you now use left/right on the analog stick/keyboard instead of LB(L1)/RB(R1)
- Fixed issue causing match rules (time, etc) to reset during the finals.
- Fixed issue where the proper wrestler would not be selected in the finals.

[EDIT MODE]
Fixed CPU logic category name:
Run Up Turnbuckle (MED) > Run Up Turnbuckle

[MATCHES]
- Fixed CPU logic for] Opp. Dazed Near Corner > Rope Slingshot from Apron to Inside of Ring
- Fixed issue where a wrestler would be unable to move if they ran out of breath near the stage entrance.
- Revised CPU logic so wrestlers no longer attempt to breathe while on the entrance ramp.
- Reversal (somersault) now working as intended for side corner Irish Whips. (Only applies to applicable Fight Styles)
- Added new walk animation when far away from opponent.
- Fixed issue preventing wrestler from exiting to apron when close to the corner post.
- Fixed issue preventing Stamina and Spirit from carrying over in Best of 3 match. (These stats now carry over and each recover slightly between matches.)
- Keyboard controls: Changed Pause button from Tab key to Space key.
- Keyboard controls: With the game paused, press S key for Clean Pause and Frame-by-Frame mode.

[NEW MOVE]
- Opponent Down - Face Up, Near Head: Sliding Elbow Butt

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Just downloaded this patch and the move lists in edit mode are now super fucky. It lists the applicable moves for each category, and then underneath them a list of every other move from that position that you can't move down to. Weird and visually confusing.

unimportantguy fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Aug 4, 2017

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

unimportantguy posted:

Just downloaded this patch and the move lists in edit mode are now super fucky. It lists the applicable moves for each category, and then underneath them a list of every other move from that position that you can't move down to. Weird and visually confusing.

Apparently a hot fix is coming soon for that:
https://twitter.com/sc_prowrestling/status/893317295509979137

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
That was fast! The dev team remains super responsive and I'm loving it.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm just waiting for a bulk selector to move wrestlers from Retired to brands. And the select list to not be glitchy and slow with 500+ wrestlers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
My top two wants right now are:

- Bulk wrestler transfer/move
- The ability to jump in to any CPU/CPU match in a tournament and play. I've been doing a lot of random tournaments lately and it would be cool to be able to decide to play a few matches beyond the character I've chosen for myself at the beginning.