Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
No changes to reflect? I guess casters are still hosed without Vaal Pact if they aren't an Elementalist or use Sybil's. The Pantheon stuff isn't gonna do anything. Reflect was still noticeable even on my Vaal Pact CI Inquisitor on Legacy with Incandescent Heart and Atziri's Promise.

Also Infernal Blow is pretty ridiculous now. You can easily get an effective 100% monster life dealt as fire damage as a Slayer because of the culling (an universal 25% more multiplier for hits) and the new Damage on Full Life gem, plus free melee splash. I don't know if I would want to play a name lock skill though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I would think that BLS would be straight up better since you don't get stats out of using a second one and could use something like Doryani's Catalyst or Lycosidae offhand.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Aug 2, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TheRat posted:

Sent

I think it's too small of a nerf. Unless the game gets massively harder at endgame there's still no reason to run guardian support. They should have kept the values as they were and made it minions only.

Thats fair, I didn't think of the support angle much, just the summoner. I would certainly not mind minions instead of allies.

psy.Che
Feb 23, 2011

quote:

Scorching Ray's damage has been reduced by 15% at level 1, down to 25% less damage at level 20. Scorching Ray now does not lock onto targets if you are holding your standing-attack key.

Is SR dead now?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I'm still undecided whether I want to go for something stock like Doomfletch Inquisitor, or something crazy like ignite Doomfletch. Ignites are now based from your base damage, not counting any increased or more damage, and Doomfletch really gets insane base damage. Add Avatar of Fire or Hrimburn, maybe Call of The Brotherhood, and you get great ignites for little investment compared to what you'd be using anyway.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

psy.Che posted:

Is SR dead now?

Just as dead as it is in the Beta. The patch notes are written for 2.6 -> 3.0

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
its time to read

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Blight damage buffed, Breath of the Council buffed, Trickster buffed and the new threshold jewel remains untouched?

all aboard the fart bus to exalt town, dudes :getin:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Any of the buffed uniques making people go "Imma make a build around that specific item"?

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
Can anyone figure out a way to do a build with the new Death's Oath? 450 base dps is a lot for a skill that's always on and you don't have to do anything to use, but aside from Generosity no red gems affect it at all and getting >3 non-red sockets on an Astral Plate base just isn't realistic.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

TheRat posted:

I dont remember the exact changs, but Kild was very unhappy about his build so maybe he can fill in.

It should just be a 8% or so damage nerf to any build using the Sprinkler (and open up the left hand slot for shields or southpaw builds) unless someone made a build where having it as an off-hand weapon is more effective than using two sprinklers, which at a glance I can't really imagine :shrug:

HOWA lost around 22% of its damage compared to dual wielding them in 2.6.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
A quick question to anyone who played the beta. Does the immolate support gem bonus damage apply to units that are burning but immune to ignite?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Hi, if there is room stil I'd like a reinvite to the guild

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Cerepol
HowaBoutSomeChaos is one of my characters. Thanks!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I wonder if some sort of storm burst berserker is viable. I love berserker

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

queeb posted:

I wonder if some sort of storm burst berserker is viable. I love berserker

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8MdfrMO9aaE

In other news, I want to use double BotC for EQ but poison sounds really inefficient. Any other ways to utilize the chaos damage? An added chaos gem maybe

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

redneck nazgul posted:

Blight damage buffed

Blight didnt really need a damage buff though, it needed an aoe buff. The aoe is just too small for it to feel good endgame, sadly.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Cerepol posted:

Hi, if there is room stil I'd like a reinvite to the guild

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Cerepol
HowaBoutSomeChaos is one of my characters. Thanks!

sent

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
How big is the righteous fire nerf? I was thinking about doing RF for the first time this league but if it's gonna feel super bad I'd rather find something else.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Dramatika posted:

How big is the righteous fire nerf? I was thinking about doing RF for the first time this league but if it's gonna feel super bad I'd rather find something else.

The RF nerf (which was already in on beta) is counterbalanced by better support gem options, passive nodes, and the change to MoM (it works on degens like RF). I think it's better than before -or at least easier to get up and running.
RF totems did eat a nerf though.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh wait yeah those nerds to SR are on beta already. Which means my PoB stuff is still accurate.

Nevermind!

Edit: also the death's oath wording sounds like it just needs sockets period, like that meatball axe. Using the vorici trick you can get a crapload of offcolors if you wanted to. Maybe a deaths oath / blight occultist?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Gettin' psyched, haven't played in months now, going into all the new content blind.

Still thinking about necro srs or something, maybe ed trickster. That's a decent buff to CA too. All the new supports and poo poo are too much to take in at once though, I'm letting someone else theorycraft poo poo for me.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
It's still over 2000 jeweler's orbs to get 5 offcolors on an astral plate with the Vorici trick. For the 5th socket it's 80 jewelers per attempt * 10% chance of offcolor * 50% chance of offcolor you need.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

funmanguy posted:

A quick question to anyone who played the beta. Does the immolate support gem bonus damage apply to units that are burning but immune to ignite?
From what I can tell they removed immunities on pretty much everything, except to Freeze.

I'm seriously tempted to pull out the old Hrimburn Vortex build again with all these new gems.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Exactly how bad of an idea is going KB wander for a league starter? Is it early map playable with a sort of lovely wand or do you absolutely have to spend 50ex on your wand for the build to be playable?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The March Hare posted:

Exactly how bad of an idea is going KB wander for a league starter? Is it early map playable with a sort of lovely wand or do you absolutely have to spend 50ex on your wand for the build to be playable?

I did KB wander as a starter in 2.6. It's loving horrible until you're like lvl70-80 and have a decent wand. Do yourself a favour and use a bow early on and respec to wands once you're ready. It's not a very big respec.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

theshim posted:

From what I can tell they removed immunities on pretty much everything, except to Freeze.

I'm seriously tempted to pull out the old Hrimburn Vortex build again with all these new gems.

Its more for the ability to use immolation and ele focus in the same gem links, as long as you are hitting something that is being burned down by a SR totem.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The March Hare posted:

It's totally playable until red maps with p much whatever you found on the go + maybe a bit of currency thrown at the market for a right wand. Might die a bit tho.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Yeah I wasn't going to level with it, but I'm happy to hear that it's decent for early game poo poo.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
ele wander with the new added cold and lightning sounds actuially doable (and as always buy a piscators for dirt cheap)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Xequecal posted:

It's still over 2000 jeweler's orbs to get 5 offcolors on an astral plate with the Vorici trick. For the 5th socket it's 80 jewelers per attempt * 10% chance of offcolor * 50% chance of offcolor you need.

Fair, but how many supports would really help it? It's Chaos, Area, Duration. So that's what, Void Manipulation (green), Inc/Conc (blue) and maybe less duration (red) if that even works. You might not even need all those sockets.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They should add 6 links into the store. I'd pay 9.99 for one.

I tried reading the patch notes. I have no idea what is happening with DOTs anymore.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
I have a list of builds that I want to play in 3.0, I play hardcore so there's a good chance I'll get to try a bunch of them :D

Frost Blades Raider - I really like raiders and I really like the feel of frost blades as a skill.
Baron SRS - I had a little go with this in turmoil SSF and quite liked it before I died to a bluescreen, would like to see it in endgame
Scorching Ray/RF Inquisitor - All the fire all the time
CWC Storm Burst Berzerker - its a new skill and looks awesome, ive always liked ball lightning so probably with that
Something bleed gladiator - sunder or blade flurry, its just a really easy build thats a nice go to.

If all goes well and I get some decent currency together then I'll probably make a KB Wander and finally go and do shaper/guardians/uber atziri.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

can you make it over to vaal pact with a berzerker while doing a caster build? Seems like a gently caress of a lot of travel to take advantage of the leech

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I have to admit, the CWC storm burst berzerker sounds fun. I know at least one of my characters is going to end up being some sort of vaal pact berserker. I enjoy lazily facetanking things, and boy howdy does ultraleech really help with that.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Holy crap, six more acts? I should get back into this.

edit: not having to do Kaom's Dream more than once per character will be so goddam nice

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Vasudus posted:

Fair, but how many supports would really help it? It's Chaos, Area, Duration. So that's what, Void Manipulation (green), Inc/Conc (blue) and maybe less duration (red) if that even works. You might not even need all those sockets.

Less duration and rapid would not work for the same reason it doesn't work with RF. It is a DOT but has no duration unless you add a spell totem (which I don't think will work either as the 'spell' isn't cast but is always on). GGG already confirmed generosity wouldn't work. Pretty sure the only supports that work are Inc AOE, conc effect and void manip. Nerffed to hell decay will do better DPS.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Zephro posted:

Holy crap, six more acts? I should get back into this.

edit: not having to do Kaom's Dream more than once per character will be so goddam nice
Don't worry, act6 will punsh your lack of fire resist as well. Playing softcore, I feel like you can pretty much wear anything up to that point. Once the act5 resist malus kicks in though, the act6 scorching ray totems will burn your rear end off if you don't have any resists.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Filthy Monkey posted:

Don't worry, act6 will punsh your lack of fire resist as well. Playing softcore, I feel like you can pretty much wear anything up to that point. Once the act5 resist malus kicks in though, the act6 scorching ray totems will burn your rear end off if you don't have any resists.
It's not so much that as that I really hate that level design-wise for some reason. It just feels like a boring slog.

nerox
May 20, 2001

euphronius posted:

They should add 6 links into the store. I'd pay 9.99 for one.

I tried reading the patch notes. I have no idea what is happening with DOTs anymore.

They really shouldn't. That is a first step to making the game p2w instead of all MTX being cosmetics/tabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Filthy Monkey posted:

Sooooooo many people are gonna die to them in HC.