Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
P3 protag would be too shy cool to dance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

P3 Dancing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNl9P8FmEp0

P5 Dancing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0INh3MYkeiI

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Now that demon negotiation is back, they should just throw this whole thing in the inevitable P5 rerelease as a minigame and let you channel Mark and dance crazy to impress the Shadows.
Well I guess that's why they left the Persona 3 music out of P4 dancing all night...

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
huh, they haven't done anything to make the dancing look less terrible.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

As someone who played the hell out of P3 back in the day, this really brought a lot of memories. I skipped P4 DAN and I don't care for P5 but this one is a sure buy for me.

Anyone knows what is Minato saying at the end?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
P4 VAs are doing a thing

E: It was just the voices. Nothing new unless they teased something.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Aug 2, 2017

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
please put a half dozen P3P songs in :pray:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Harsh to Yusuke and Morgana that they're not previewed first despite showing up earlier

also good

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

I am the worst at actually finishing games, even ones I really enjoy. It's only this last year that I've been trying to finish every game I can.

So what I'm saying is hell yeah, maybe I can play Persona Q2 without spoiling something incidentally.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Harsh to Yusuke and Morgana that they're not previewed first despite showing up earlier

also good

Morgana's the voice-over for the P5 video (notice how he calls Ann 'Ann-dono'). They might not want to give away how he dances yet, or they're still figuring that out. They're probably doing the same for Koromaru.

Oh wait geez does that mean we might get to see dancing Shinjiro?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Kinda wish they had aimed higher for the spin-offs and tried something new.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

TurnipFritter posted:

Kinda wish they had aimed higher for the spin-offs and tried something new.

I wonder if there's a market for like an Animal Crossing-grade "only the slice of life parts" Persona life-sim? Like, all your favorite Teens With Problems are there, and you can talk to them and do favors for them, and decorate your apartment, and there's a surprisingly intensive gardening minigame.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

deadly_pudding posted:

I wonder if there's a market for like an Animal Crossing-grade "only the slice of life parts" Persona life-sim? Like, all your favorite Teens With Problems are there, and you can talk to them and do favors for them, and decorate your apartment, and there's a surprisingly intensive gardening minigame.

I'd play it. Also include a gatcha doll collection minigame.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I was expecting a Persona 5 dancing game, but I was not expecting a Persona 3 one. Definitely not unwelcome, though. My girlfriend's already dying to play the Persona 5 one, and all I really want are the soundtracks to both.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

deadly_pudding posted:

So a dating sim then. :v:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm pretty sure that's just a dating sim at this point.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Maybe Persona Q2 will actually be a good game this time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honest fact:

It's really uncomfortable that people in these threads boil literally any interaction between people as dating. Like even as a joke it gets really weird that "interact with other people in a video game" instantly jumps to "so you can bone them!!" especially in Persona where a significant amount of the characters can't be dated and all the ones who can are entirely optional as dates except maybe like Aigis who gets weird no matter what.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Would it be worth getting a second-hand Vita for P4G and P4DAN? Any other (not necessarily Persona) games on the Vita that are good?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ibblebibble posted:

Would it be worth getting a second-hand Vita for P4G and P4DAN? Any other (not necessarily Persona) games on the Vita that are good?

That or a PSTV.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Ibblebibble posted:

If you like dungeon RPGs, there are a fuckton of decent to very good ones on the Vita.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
atlus make goro dab

make everyone dab

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ImpAtom posted:

Honest fact:

It's really uncomfortable that people in these threads boil literally any interaction between people as dating. Like even as a joke it gets really weird that "interact with other people in a video game" instantly jumps to "so you can bone them!!" especially in Persona where a significant amount of the characters can't be dated and all the ones who can are entirely optional as dates except maybe like Aigis who gets weird no matter what.

lighten up grandpa

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Honest fact:

CharlestonJew posted:

lighten up grandpa

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

lol if you don't want to date Ryuji

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Honest fact:

I agree. I'm tired of how P5 poorly handled events w/female SL and I'll never stop mentioning this despite all the posters going :words: at me.

I thought the P4:DAN was OK from someone who initially disliked music games in the past. Not enough to keep my OG vita around but hey it's better than nothing. At least this means more remixed P5 songs which are always good :gbsmith:

Mona is cute...

Cnidaria posted:

lol if you don't want to date Ryuji

I don't want to date Ryuji even if we got FeMC. His best friend role is one of the better examples of the entire Persona franchise.

MCxYusuke
MakotoxBooks
SaexLaw

Alder fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Aug 2, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
It's great that you're upset about people's opinions but can you keep spoilery poo poo out of an unrelated thread for a game that hasn't been out that long

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ibblebibble posted:

I love my Vita, I've been playing a ton of P4G lately and there are a lot of other great games like Ys: Memories of Celceta, plus PSP games and PS1 Classics play great on it

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Still no PS1/PS2 characters in the spinoffs. :smith:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So Persona Q2 is featuring P5 characters. Do we know if we're also getting both the P3/4 casts still?

wanna make a party with all my favorite personas

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I kinda wish they'd just make a Persona Dancing game and not separate ones split between all the casts.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

you should really really REALLY put that last part in spoilers

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Persona 5 would have been a better game without the romance options.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Persona 5 would have been a better game if everyone was a romance option.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Are P3/5 DAN the ways we're finally going to get some canon MC names? They can't call the P3 protagonist Makoto like in the movies because of P5 now :v:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Can't stop, won't stop :slick:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I apologize and I fixed my old post.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

ImpAtom posted:

Honest fact:

That's how the social links with the female characters are written though.

Also in P3 you weren't given an option, if you wanted to rank 10 a social link with a female character you were dating them.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I'm surprised P3 is still getting spinoffs. Anyway, no FeMC, no sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TurnipFritter posted:

That's how the social links with the female characters are written though.

Aside from Persona 3 (which they fixed in later games and for the girl story links in P3P) not really, no. Rushing rapidly to mash the "I WILL DATE U" button doesn't actually mean the writing only compensates for that. Pretty much every social link is a self-contained story about the character which doesn't rely on them dating or not dating you at all. Several of them honestly make less sense if you start dating them midway through.