Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wanna read that singing statement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

is this the day trump becomes president

how much did it kill him to sign those sanctions

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Post the piss tape signing statement!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Citizen Tayne posted:

There was a really loving bad movie from 2000 or so called Stigmata that was set in Pittsburgh

the leading lady played a hairdresser who lived in a huge apartment that would easily have been $3000+ a month even then.

friends was probably the most egregious of all of the portrayals

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Okay, okay. No Americans and also not Yinlock.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sorry for the imprecision.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Okay, okay. No Americans and also not Yinlock.

better

was that so much to ask

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol hes going to instruct Treasury et al not to implement Russian bits.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I'm not a fan of Tim Kreider but he's completely correct when he says that around 1980 we decided to say 'gently caress reality' and dove headfirst into a fantasy world of what we and America were like.

fast forward to 2017 and we've got guys who live paycheck to paycheck who think they're rich and poo poo on the poor for 'not working hard enough.'

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
lol

https://twitter.com/JaredRizzi/status/892757450285355008

maga

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

He wrote it in the margins I'm sure

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

triple sulk posted:

tbf you need room to have the three cameras and sufficient angles but they should never have been in manhatten

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

wanna read that singing statement

Can't wait to compare it to this
https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/891125067882651648

Apr 7, 2003

triple sulk posted:

King of Queens too

fat guy who drives a UPS truck owns a $600K house and has a hot wife

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
A fun example of actual disparity in class is not your 2005 hyunadai elantra next to your co-workers 2016 BMW but watching your boss' private jet taxi before takeoff while you smoke methol USA Gold cigarettes even though you hate menthol but hey they were cheaper.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Citizen Tayne posted:

King of Queens too

fat guy who drives a UPS truck owns a $600K house and has a hot wife

lol i forgot that show existed

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I'm going to join SPACE CORP before the war against the asiatic nations begins so I can be there day one

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

triple sulk posted:

i can't loving understand why they make these things unless using the plastic lets them save money somehow, which i doubt it does

Eh, the laundry pods are nice if you have to use a shared facility, no need to lug or keep track of a big jug of detergent, just bring a hand full of pods and you're good.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

triple sulk posted:

At least they tried to handwave it away by saying it was rent controlled due to Monica's grandma or something. And they had an episode about how half the group can't really afford to live like the other half, with all the going out and what not. It wasn't much, but something.

How I Met Your Mother was inexplicable. They move to New York City, Marshall hasn't even passed the bar yet, Ted is an intro level architect, and they have this massive 2 bed room apartment.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

trump will never ever do anything against russia haha

when forced to he locks himself in a room and signs it after days of stalling

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
If he doesn't relieve the pressure by sending out a fresh idiot moron tweet by friday night his head will pop worse than jfks

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That dog is dead

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

Vertical Lime posted:

is this the day trump becomes president

capital P Presidential

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Michael Bayleaf posted:

I'm going to join SPACE CORP before the war against the asiatic nations begins so I can be there day one

gonna join so I can burn up and die during a atmospheric insertion, thus in my own way contributing to the extinction of mankind via global warming

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Apr 7, 2003

Captain Internet posted:

A fun example of actual disparity in class is not your 2005 hyunadai elantra next to your co-workers 2016 BMW but watching your boss' private jet taxi before takeoff while you smoke methol USA Gold cigarettes even though you hate menthol but hey they were cheaper.

The CEO of my old company, a dude named Marijn Dekkers, went to work for Bayer.

When the Indian government petitioned Bayer to make their new cancer drug more affordable, Dekkers made a public statement that "this drug isn't for Indians, it's for rich Westerners."

Sounds about right.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

1. this is false

wroooooooooong

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Iron Crowned posted:

That dog is dead

that's ruff haha

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

rear end cobra posted:

If he doesn't relieve the pressure by sending out a fresh idiot moron tweet by friday night his head will pop worse than jfks

what makes an idiot moron tweet different than a fat bitch tweet

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The signing statement is most likely a note from the counsels office saying, "uh, Congress, you know this violates our agreement with Iran, right?"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

That dog is dead

wishbone is dead

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

UPS is unionized but yeah that house was a stretch.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

euphronius posted:

lol hes going to instruct Treasury et al not to implement Russian bits.

where are you seeing this? lol if that's true

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

SKULL.GIF posted:

also to repeat what I've brought up like a dozen times in past trump threads

the problem is not the guy next to you who earns 2x or 3x what you earn. he still exists in your economic reality. the problem is the guy who you never ever meet, who you will never be allowed to meet, who pulls in 7000x what you earn

people get stinkingly mad about the guy down the street who is a conspicuous consumer and puts up all the trappings of wealth, like his new red porsche, or his remodeled deck, all that is loving garbage and meaningless. it doesn't mean he has any real power or advantage over you, it just means he can afford fancier things. this is a distraction (and one that's deliberately stirred up by our masters) from the kochs, the mercers, the trumps of the world who can transform politics and economics at the stroke of a pen

i notice u didnt mention george soros

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Joementum posted:

The signing statement is most likely a note from the counsels office saying, "uh, Congress, you know this violates our agreement with Iran, right?"

lol

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
the media is run by and for mindless pundits that do nothing but write "both sides" opinion pieces. they are loving hungry for a pivot because no one gives a poo poo about their opinion when the president is tweeting out crazy poo poo.

they're going to slobber all over Kelly.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Yinlock posted:

what makes an idiot moron tweet different than a fat bitch tweet

trump

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

triple sulk posted:

lol i forgot that show existed

he's in a very similar show now and they fired his wife in favor of his king of queens wife and they're having a funeral for her character i heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

The King of Queefs

lol

• Locked thread