Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

uniball posted:

Are you sure about this?

Yes I've heard people I knocked scream at their team to come get me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Jabor posted:

I hate to say it, but your computer volume is probably way too loud and you should turn it down before you damage your hearing. The plane is supposed to be loud enough to drown out the other game sounds, not so loud that you feel like you have to hit the mute button.

Unless you're cranking the volume up because you already hosed up your hearing and need it loud to hear the other game sounds, I guess.
I'm confused here. Let's say there's some cutoff that is "too loud" that's unhealthy to hear repeatedly. Having your volume set such that the plane, the loudest thing in the game, is under this volume means that everything else is going to be *well* under this volume. Instead, you can turn your volume up such that something else is just under this volume, and mute the plane. Now you hear guys that you would not have heard had your volume been lower. How is that not an improvement? I think the plane is a poor choice of things to calibrate around.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

edit: quote is not edit

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yes I've heard people I knocked scream at their team to come get me
How do you know it's not just regular in-game voice chat? Proving they can hear team voice chat would need someone on another team to respond to it. Teams using open voice chat to coordinate is stupid but...you know it happens.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Team voice still broadcasts public in close range so you can get info from a bleeding guy. Or hear an idiot cough if he's not using ptt

Is this dumb thing still being spread?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Easiest way to test is to turn on open mic team chat and start yelling at people before boarding the plane. If someone tells you to shut up or hurls racial slurs at you then you know it's actually broadcasting.

Will check when I get home tonight.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Easiest way to test is to turn on open mic team chat and start yelling at people before boarding the plane. If someone tells you to shut up or hurls racial slurs at you then you know it's actually broadcasting.

Will check when I get home tonight.

But when you have team chat on you can't hear anyone but your team. I guess you would have to turn it to team only, yell some poo poo, then turn it back to all chat. But I'm pretty sure that is some dumb bullshit spread from people just forgetting to set it to team only.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

PantsOptional posted:

I don't know what changed for me within the last 24 hours but I'm getting door glitches like crazy all of a sudden. I walk up to a door, open it, sometimes it stays closed and I can't pass through and have to try several times, sometimes it teleports me to the other side and leaves the door half-open in mid-animation. Google tells me that this happens sometimes but it seems like it happens to me now at least once every game.

I get a ton of this poo poo too. Early game looting in populated areas is a crapshoot because I'm fighting the door half the the time.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
1st person mode is actually pretty great. You can move around without being worried about the other guy getting info on you without exposing themselves. Except for the game I just died in because the school didn't load in for the guy shooting at me so he could shoot me through 3 walls :thumbsup:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Ihmemies posted:

Some guy claims if you dc in 1st person server and reconnect, you can use 3rd person :v:

Wouldn't surprised me but hosed up if true.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Sultan Tarquin posted:

1st person mode is actually pretty great. You can move around without being worried about the other guy getting info on you without exposing themselves. Except for the game I just died in because the school didn't load in for the guy shooting at me so he could shoot me through 3 walls :thumbsup:

Yep 1pp is really loving cool and I may not go back to 3pp at all unless they don't add it for squads

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Lol if you're gunna call it spreading dumb poo poo then atleast make sure you're not the dumbshit

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
it is spreading dumb poo poo though because there is no reason to think that team only talks to everyone, when I'm in discord I run with all chat on and almost never hear anyone talking that isn't obviously in all chat. The vast majority of people in squads use the in-game team only chat so if it were true that team only talks in all chat then you would be constantly hearing people chatter at their team.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

edit: quote is not edit

How do you know it's not just regular in-game voice chat? Proving they can hear team voice chat would need someone on another team to respond to it. Teams using open voice chat to coordinate is stupid but...you know it happens.

Oh

Then yeah a lot of dumb people use public voice on teams and you can listen to them

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

It'd be cool if they had a way of forcing you to use in-game chat and make it public so that shouting at your teammates would be risky. Sometimes you need true radio silence and all that.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I leave voice comms on because sometimes people get real angry when you kill them with shotguns and i like to hear them get angry

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

It'd be cool if they had a way of forcing you to use in-game chat and make it public so that shouting at your teammates would be risky. Sometimes you need true radio silence and all that.

There should be lootable radios/cell phones which are required to communicate with teammates past 20m.

Higher ground gives better range and signal.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm confused here. Let's say there's some cutoff that is "too loud" that's unhealthy to hear repeatedly. Having your volume set such that the plane, the loudest thing in the game, is under this volume means that everything else is going to be *well* under this volume. Instead, you can turn your volume up such that something else is just under this volume, and mute the plane. Now you hear guys that you would not have heard had your volume been lower. How is that not an improvement? I think the plane is a poor choice of things to calibrate around.

Use loudness equalization and footsteps are as loud as plane.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

DrPlump posted:

I guess I assumed there were always quieter and quieter footsteps until the range where they were silent, this seems like an information leak but fair enough if it works.

Dyz posted:

There should be lootable radios/cell phones which are required to communicate with teammates past 20m.

lol you gotta choose a frequency which is a tradeoff between range and penetration

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Fart Car '97 posted:

I leave voice comms on because sometimes people get real angry when you kill them with shotguns and i like to hear them get angry

Sometimes when DBNO I like to beg for my life over all chat. It also covers up footsteps of your team mate if they're coming around the corner.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I'm super bad at this game but managed to get my first solo chicken dinner just before the season stats reset. Half of it is due to me being new but a lot of it is from my poo poo PC that I'm playing on anyway because I'm too impatient to wait until I upgrade.Sometimes textures (namely, doors) don't load for like 2 minutes so when I land I just sit around with my thumb up my butt until everything pops in and I can finally start looting.

In this round, I managed to get solid hits on at least 3 people but couldn't kill any of them. One escaped into a building to heal so I stole his bike and raced away toward the white circle. Later on, I got a hit on someone ~500m away but couldn't finish them off with my poo poo sniping skills. I got solid hits on a third but he was killed by someone else before I could land a final blow. Despite that, I managed to kill three people as I approached a house on the beach cliffs near the final circles. I set up a solid position as it got down to the final 3 and I watched as the other two got in a firefight. One went down so I instantly dropped the second to take the win.

In that moment, every frustrating death up until that point became vindicated. Holy poo poo it feels good.

Teeter fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Aug 2, 2017

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Hooplah posted:

Yep 1pp is really loving cool and I may not go back to 3pp at all unless they don't add it for squads

I had assumed that first person would go to squads after being tested. Has there been any news that it won't?

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

DrPlump posted:

Where can one do this?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

The horns are awesome, I just want to drive in circles around hot zones constantly beeping.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
You can use voice coms to tell people you killed in close quarter combat "rest in peace, brother".

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Dyz posted:

Friday the 13th has this and it's a really cool feature.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Dyz posted:

Yes, please handicap teams with fill-ins further against teams that use 3rd party voice like Discord. Great game design.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Test server is hella laggy but 1pp mode is cool and good.

Makes me want to have a walk key that isn't my free look key also.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

cougar cub posted:

I had assumed that first person would go to squads after being tested. Has there been any news that it won't?

Oh, I have no idea. I was just thinking of the immediate future

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

GaussianCopula posted:

Yes, please handicap teams with fill-ins further against teams that use 3rd party voice like Discord. Great game design.

If you aren't using 3rd party voice by now in TYOOL 2017 then I don't know what to tell you

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I was wrong and first person is cool and good

e: it's weird because it seems like it favors camping indoors even more because whoever is attacking can't pre-peak corners and stuff. Any form of stairwell feels much more deadly than before for the attacker. keep in mind I'm bad

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 2, 2017

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Switching back and forth between 1st and 3rd is the best thing. 3rd is way better for scouting areas and driving or getting a better view around corners as the camera lets you cheat a bit. 3rd also feels better in enclosed buildings. But for long distance firefights I switch to 1st. Also the loot animation in 1st feels awful.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I think there is/used to be a bug with using control+t to mute all voice chat and then when you unmute it you transmit to everyone. Whatever the reason is I heard some young kids telling each other "THEYRE COMING AROUND THE CORNER" after we downed one so.. leave allchat on it helps occasionally

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
Might be one of our last chances to get 150 followers and that community client.

Sorry for the no-content twitch link, but I'm afternoon streaming and I'm pretty sure some better goons are going to evening stream. If you can help goons out mash that like, watch and minimize if you need to, and let's make one last ditch effort to get custom games!

https://www.twitch.tv/nuzzletops

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

So are the two free crates coming in this patch? I have a pile of Good Boy Points I'm sitting on and I desperately need those short jorts

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Tactical hotpants. If they add a FAL or a G3 as weapons I can live out my Rhodesian Bush War fantasies.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
If you aren't loving with people in the lobby, you're missing the real game. The lobbies in this game are the best and worst things ever.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

tehinternet posted:

If you aren't loving with people in the lobby, you're missing the real game. The lobbies in this game are the best and worst things ever.

"Ah gently caress, XXX dropped out, exit to lobby"

then you see the 99 tick down to 98 or 97

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

lol if you use ingame comms ever and not exclusively discord/mumble/ts/vent/whatever

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

pubbies can get hosed imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Unmarked change to the 2x scope:

• Locked thread