Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Oh no, Dem's shittiness has been exposed via their own data, it's only meant to be an open secret, not a matter of public record that we suck rear end and want to destroy all that is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

JailTrump posted:

Maybe by having lived in countries where prisons look like this

lol, you're basically the very slightly woker version of a cuban emigre at this point

Also it's funny how suddenly the media shut the gently caress up about how horrible it was for Gabbard to like Modi when it turned out that both Harris and Neera Tanden were also fans.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Democrazy posted:

I met Uretsky, the main person involved. He was National Data Director, which is traditionally considered a senior staff person. I was wrong about an aspect of the case, but considering how the facts are more damning, that's not quite good for you.

Again, this actually happened. You can either choose to accept them or not. I sincerely hope you reflect and actually decide that it's not right to hack into data.

i already accepted that it happened. i'm just not gonna lay this at the feet of the bernie campaign because i do not think he was a senior member of the campaign. he was the IT guy, and he acted on his own, by his own admission. he also has long ties to the dem party. all in all, none of this looks particularly damning, aside from bernie's access to this system being ripped away and people trying to smear him as trying to underhandedly beat hillary through trickery (dws and co). like, i'm even being nice and saying guy hacked hillary, even though it was more that the system being used had a failure that exposed her data to bernie's campaign (and likely vice versa). dude should've known better than to run queries on data he shouldn't have access to, even if he's trying to document the issue. that said, that's typically not referred to by hacking, but he could probably be charged with it so we say it's hacking. but the bernie campaign didn't hack hillary's campaign, that's just trying to paint this incident as having come from the top.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Goddamn this is not a good look. You're basically acting the Bernie version of Hillary supporters who feel compelled to defend to the death any tiny criticism of her.

It was wrong. If you're holding Hillary responsible for the actions of all her staffers you look like a hypocrite for not doing the same for Bernie.

since when? i have never mentioned an HRC staffer, nor have i mentioned an incident committed by a staffer which hillary fired or distanced herself from. you're reaching

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

like, if this guy hacked hillary's campaign, and then bernie kept him on i'd get why you guys are trying to claim the sanders campaign was hacking hillary. but that's not the situation. bernie made it clear he didn't support this kind of behavior, he cut ties with the person who did it, and it never happened again the remainder of the primary

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

ChairMaster posted:

I feel like Kamala Harris has to be the final nail in the coffin for the Democrats, right? How can the party survive if someone like her can seriously get a large amount of support from anyone who pretends like they're not a straight up Republican?

I can't reconcile this, she's a straight up monster. Like even if you wanna come at it from "trans people don't really matter, they're like .6% of the population and like 70% of other people think they're gross", how can you seriously try to say that the Democrats can be okay with someone who wants to jail parents of truant children? This isn't like Clinton's crimes against black people from the 90s, or even her indirect apathy toward them with regards to every economic and social issue that affect them indirectly like in 2016, this is a straight up "round up black people and make them slaves again" kinda thing. It's more blatant than I'd even expect from a Republican.

To be fair, nearly every instance of a parent getting prosecuted in CA for truancy (that I can find) has been hispanic. :v:

Willie Tomg posted:

Specifically, I'm bored of "I support mincome, UHC, and prison reform, but do not support any actual person who would dare advocate such outside of internet forums for reasons that I refuse to explain when freely allowed to expound upon in material detail"

It's just very tedious and dull all over.

It's dull and tedious but you have to challenge their claims or else people will take them as fact. The sooner people realize why the democrats are a waste, the sooner we can rebuild the party.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Condiv posted:

since when? i have never mentioned an HRC staffer, nor have i mentioned an incident committed by a staffer which hillary fired or distanced herself from. you're reaching

You're basically saying Bernie's campaign can do no wrong and if something inappropriate happened it was someone acting completely on their own and actually secretly a DNC operative!

Condiv posted:

i already accepted that it happened. i'm just not gonna lay this at the feet of the bernie campaign because i do not think he was a senior member of the campaign. he was the IT guy, and he acted on his own, by his own admission. he also has long ties to the dem party.

Emphasis mine.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
There isn't a campaign on the planet where some staffers won't take a peek if you just go ahead and let them with a glitch that puts the opponents data right there. Maybe the democrats should stop hiring IT staff that are complete loving morons? The Russia hacks. This glitch. DWS's guy fleeing the country. It kind of seems like a systemic problem.

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Agnosticnixie posted:

lol, you're basically the very slightly woker version of a cuban emigre at this point

Also it's funny how suddenly the media shut the gently caress up about how horrible it was for Gabbard to like Modi when it turned out that both Harris and Neera Tanden were also fans.

They do ?

gently caress them then.

Modi is a shithead.

But the biggest problem with Gabbard is meeting with a literal war criminal using russian black money so I don't know what you're going on about.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
"hi i'm just gonna leave my keys in my running vehicle also gonna leave my wallet all my credit cards my phone and social security number in there too oh no someone stole my car but i didn't do anything wrong :qq: :qq: i'm just the dumbest motherfucker in the world which i why i work for the dnc"

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Assad is trying to rid his country of wahabi terror. He deserves support for that.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

There isn't a campaign on the planet where some staffers won't take a peek if you just go ahead and let them with a glitch that puts the opponents data right there. Maybe the democrats should stop hiring IT staff that are complete loving morons? The Russia hacks. This glitch. DWS's guy fleeing the country. It kind of seems like a systemic problem.

That Buddy Ryan avatar is actually really appropriate for this comment.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

JailTrump posted:

They do ?

gently caress them then.

Modi is a shithead.

But the biggest problem with Gabbard is meeting with a literal war criminal using russian black money so I don't know what you're going on about.

"Russian black money"... what?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

DeadlyMuffin posted:

You're basically saying Bernie's campaign can do no wrong and if something inappropriate happened it was someone acting completely on their own and actually secretly a DNC operative!

Emphasis mine.

I wasn't pretending he's a DNC operative. Why would someone with long term ties to the dem party hack the dnc on Bernie's orders. Its p drat obvious that an IT guy stumbled on a bug and tried to investigate it himself instead of reporting it immediately. It was a poor choice, not some deliberate hacking attack on Hillary

And Bernie's campaign did nothing wrong. Once they realized what a staffer had done they fired him and cut ties immediately. They did exactly as they should've.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Democrazy posted:

That Buddy Ryan avatar is actually really appropriate for this comment.

Trade the DNC IT crew for a six pack, it doesn't even have to be cold.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

ChairMaster posted:

I feel like Kamala Harris has to be the final nail in the coffin for the Democrats, right? How can the party survive if someone like her can seriously get a large amount of support from anyone who pretends like they're not a straight up Republican?

I can't reconcile this, she's a straight up monster. Like even if you wanna come at it from "trans people don't really matter, they're like .6% of the population and like 70% of other people think they're gross", how can you seriously try to say that the Democrats can be okay with someone who wants to jail parents of truant children? This isn't like Clinton's crimes against black people from the 90s, or even her indirect apathy toward them with regards to every economic and social issue that affect them indirectly like in 2016, this is a straight up "round up black people and make them slaves again" kinda thing. It's more blatant than I'd even expect from a Republican.

Nobody came at it that way though. Google only has 2 results for that alleged harris quote, I'm taking it with a grain of salt. That's a real lovely policy, but that quote seems questionable.

Anything bad said by anyone Harris has ever met will be held against her, clearly, regardless of her actual level involvement in the situation, but that doesn't mean they are reflective of her actual stance on things.

Edit- as DA she prosecuted people. :( Her stated reasons seem noble, but I'd be curious to see how each of those cases played out. Disparate impact is a real concern, as you mentioned.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Aug 2, 2017

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Crowsbeak posted:

Assad is trying to rid his country of wahabi terror. He deserves support for that.

:downs:

Agnosticnixie posted:

"Russian black money"... what?

https://www.theatlantic.com/news/archive/2017/01/the-organization-that-sent-tulsi-gabbard-to-syria/514763/

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Are you seriously focusing on the trans thing? Do you have some kind of censor program on your computer created by the DNC to only allow you to see the things that you can dismiss more easily? I meant to imply in that post that yes obviously you can sweep transphobia under the rug because most people don't really give a poo poo about trans people in real life, but for her to so brazenly give the middle finger to the supposed base of the Democratic party (ie racial minorities and people who give a poo poo about racism) is just insanity.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I'm not focusing on the trans thing, I'm focusing on the "here is a vague connection between harris and something i disagree with, obviously she is a monster" thing.

ChairMaster posted:

her to so brazenly give the middle finger to the supposed base of the Democratic party (ie racial minorities and people who give a poo poo about racism) is just insanity.

Which is why I'm not convinced that's actually what she did. That and the fact that that alleged quote doesn't seem to exist on the internet beyond a single source and a single direct reference to that source.

The impact of those prosecutions as DA would be interesting to see. Was she actually going around throwing a bunch of parents in jail, or are you just assuming that because you don't like her?

Do you have any evidence that she targeted or even disproportionately impacted minorities?

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 2, 2017

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Sneakster posted:

Nothing lasts forever is an even better one.

The majority of millennials reject capitalism,

lol

we say, as we buy our 9th iphone while eating mcdonalds and being the biggest consumers of any generation

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Al Borland Corp. posted:

And thanks, before I had said I had only seen extremists from the Clinton wing and not the Bernie ones. Now I have. Get the gently caress over the primary.

Hillarymen just love telling people to "get over" things, don't they? If they'd won, they'd be telling us to get over Bernie. They lost, they're telling us to get over Bernie. They deliver pizza slogans, Jon Ossoff, and utter failure to communicate a single positive reason to vote for them... and they're telling us to get over the most popular politician in the US.

Y'all should lose the right to speak and be forced to listen for, like, a whole year post 11/9.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
Bernie Sanders is a capitalist.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Condiv posted:

i never denied the "hacking" happened. i denied that it was the sanders campaign instead of one aid. and you still haven't provided a good reason why i should assume his campaign was behind it?

dunno why you think i should hold the sanders campaign responsible for an aid they punished asap when they found out what he did. if there were a pattern of sanders staffers hacking the dnc i'd be more inclined to believe you, but there were no other incidents!

Shut up centrist.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

Bernie Sanders is a capitalist.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

lol

we say, as we buy our 9th iphone while eating mcdonalds and being the biggest consumers of any generation

Yes, we get it, you're very clever with your forwards, grandpa

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
All the people bitching about how we're in the worst timeline are loving stupid. Considering the circumstances of 2016 we're actually in the best case scenario:

-Abuela loses but is able to hide the fact that she owns slaves to a popular vote victory, meaning there's reason to for worthless children to bitch and whine that :qq: she'd have won if the rules were different :qq:. If she'd have narrowly squeaked it out Trump would still be disputing the election, meaning we'd have an illegitimate president given our systems.
-Due to that Trump comes in with historically low approval ratings for a new president, meaning there's no grace period nor any real mandate for the party to follow. The same would have been said for Abuela, but without full control of Congress the excuses would be flying out of everyone's mouth.
-Trump's ineffective for his first six months with no real policy wins and in-fighting among his staff. Damage is kept to a minimum, as opposed to what a Ted Cruz presidency could have looked like. Abuela would be the same way; we'd still be at eight Supremes and motions of impeachment would be coming out of the House on a weekly basis. It's also reasonable to assume that her Cabinet would mostly be unfilled as every nominee is shot down.
-The GOP wasn't prepared to actually have to try and overturn Obamacare and with the unexpected sweep in gov control had to rush to try and get something across the goal line, only to suffer a massive own goal instead that'll have ramifications down the line from the voters and more importantly the donors. Abuela in charge means Ryan/McConnell get to obstruct and kick the can down the road to 2020 (whether they're prepared by then is a whole other deal but they'd have a better shot at being prepared by then).
-An Abuela victory hides how worthless the centrist dems really are and gives them reason to shout down the leftists. Taking such a massive L means the dems can move to the left if they can stop being fundamentally worthless for just two seconds. It's the very definition of taking a painful short term loss for significant long term gains if only they're not the dumbest piles of poo poo in existence.

We're better off today with President Trump in charge and we have the potential to be significantly better off down the line. People who don't realize this are blind to reality and should be cast aside like the filth they are.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ytlaya posted:

This is from a while back, but I feel like this statistic is being heavily abused. It's kind of obvious that Bernie would have higher support among black people than white people, simply by virtue of the fact that the vast majority of black people are Democrats (or at least aren't Republican). Literally any Democratic politician would poll better among black voters than white voters for this reason.

The statistic is still effective at showing that, contrary to liberal dogma, Bernie is relatively liked (and certainly isn't disliked) by minority groups, but it's very misleading to cast it as some sort of "lol actually minorities support him much more than anyone else!" thing (since when people say that there's generally the assumption that they mean "among Democratic voters"). Support for Bernie among Democrats by black Americans seems to be more or less average (it's probably about the same as they support any Generic Democrat). Now, if you narrow things down to younger black voters it's a different story, since younger people of all races within the Democratic Party strongly support Sanders.

You keep pointing this out while ignoring the fact that Sanders polls better than Clinton today. Among Democrats and not among Democrats.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

ChairMaster posted:

Are you seriously focusing on the trans thing? Do you have some kind of censor program on your computer created by the DNC to only allow you to see the things that you can dismiss more easily? I meant to imply in that post that yes obviously you can sweep transphobia under the rug because most people don't really give a poo poo about trans people in real life, but for her to so brazenly give the middle finger to the supposed base of the Democratic party (ie racial minorities and people who give a poo poo about racism) is just insanity.

It's nuts how the very thing we worried about happening-- centrists disappearing up their own rear end with hillary lost cause of racism-- has come to pass and the hillaries are now jettisoning social justice as fast as they can to appeal to trumplords

Jailtrump wants to cater to islamophobia, nevvy z to transphobia!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

call to action posted:

You keep pointing this out while ignoring the fact that Sanders polls better than Clinton today. Among Democrats and not among Democrats.

And who does he think he is anyway, ignoring something that isn't the subject of his post.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Nevvy Z posted:

Do you have any evidence that she targeted or even disproportionately impacted minorities?

Is this a joke? Are you serious?

Nevvy Z posted:

The impact of those prosecutions as DA would be interesting to see. Was she actually going around throwing a bunch of parents in jail, or are you just assuming that because you don't like her?

I didn't know who she was until today, and I don't like her because I did some research and learned that she is a monstrous human being. I really don't see what it matters if she ruins peoples lives and fucks over minority communities for generations to come based on ignorance or malice.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

lol

We aren't the biggest consumers of any generation by any metric, though?

Nevvy Z posted:

And who does he think he is anyway, ignoring something that isn't the subject of his post.

::pushes up glasses:: well you see, black people only like Bernie because they're Democrats ::furiously ignores data showing that black Democrats like Bernie more than Hillary and that, therefore, there must be an actual basis for support in that community besides party affiliation::

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

ChairMaster posted:

Is this a joke? Are you serious?

If that's what you are accusing her of doing, yes I am.

ChairMaster posted:

I really don't see what it matters if she ruins peoples lives and fucks over minority communities for generations to come based on ignorance or malice.

Did she do those two things?
1. Ruin peoples lives
2. gently caress over minority communities

Can you show me evidence of that beyond "she supports a law, and laws often hurt minorities"?

You didn't understand ytalas post. Which is sad, because he's consistently the best poster in this thread. Or you did, but you are arguing past him. He was just nitpicking a statistic.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 2, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

Shut up centrist.

:lol:

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Nevvy Z posted:

You didn't understand ytalas post. Which is sad, because he's consistently the best poster in this thread.

its actually a really stupid post and Bernie sanders is the most popular politician amongst people of color

truth hurts, wrap it centrist failure

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Ah, nevvy is now embracing "systemic racism not real

Nevvy Z posted:

If that's what you are accusing her of doing, yes I am.

Did she do those two things?
1. Ruin peoples lives
2. gently caress over minority communities

Can you show me evidence of that beyond "she supports a law, and laws often hurt minorities"?

You didn't understand ytalas post. Which is sad, because he's consistently the best poster in this thread.

Great news republicans! Systemic racism and insidiously racist legislation doesn't matter any more as long as it's not completely obvious you meant to harm minorities! - democrat supreme nevvy z

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

lol

If only millennials spent less on avocado toast, smart phones, and cable subscriptions, they could pay off their student loan debt, buy a half million dollar home, a few diamond rings, and then a congress person with what's left over.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Condiv posted:

Great news republicans! Systemic racism and insidiously racist legislation doesn't matter any more as long as it's not completely obvious you meant to harm minorities! - democrat supreme nevvy z

ps if you dont vote centrist you're the real racist

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Nevvy Z posted:

well yes kamala Harris backed legislation that would send disproportionate numbers of minorities to jail, but that's only bad when republicans do it!

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Are you asking for evidence that truancy is a much larger issue for black and hispanic families than white families? Or evidence that Kamala Harris is such an ignorant person that she isn't aware of that? I can't honestly say that I have any evidence of the latter, but it's so insane to pretend like she wouldn't know that that I hadn't considered it. Why exactly do you think children are truant, exactly? Do you think it's because parents don't give a poo poo that their kids are missing school? Do you not understand that the people living in the worst of American society sometimes cannot work two or three jobs while simultaneously making sure that their kids are attending school, or even needing one of them to stay home to take care of a younger child that does not yet attend school? America doesn't have affordable daycare, if you hadn't noticed. The very basic luxuries I can only assume you've taken for granted your whole life do not apply to the vast majority of poor minority families in America.

Am I stuck explaining the very base causes of social issues in a thread about politics that are supposed to help those most in need? Are there seriously people posting here, or who can be thought of as politically engaged that do not understand any of the things I just spelled out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nevvy Z posted:

You didn't understand ytalas post. Which is sad, because he's consistently the best poster in this thread. Or you did, but you are arguing past him. He was just nitpicking a statistic.

Nah, you didn't understand my post. Feel free to read Ytlaya's original post again, in which they take issue with the "black people like Bernie" statistic by pointing out that "of course they would, they're Democrats". I then point out that the most well-known and, allegedly, most minority-friendly Democrat actually polls worse among a friendly population (black Democratic voters). If Ytlaya had a good point, Lincoln Chaffee would have the same approval rating as Bernie does among black people because hey, they're Dems, right?

If you didn't understand that, here's a tl;dr black people like Bernie more than any Democrat as of today

• Locked thread