Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hace posted:

Yeah but in THEORY someone could

Could they? You'd have to buy a used one from some shady second-hand electronics dealer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Does the playtime counter keep counting if you leave a game running but put the Switch to sleep? I have an embarrassing amount of hours in Splatoon 2 but it seems a little high even for me

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I have BOTW on my Wii U. I should probably get around to finishing it some day.

Is MK8D worth it if I played it a ton on WiiU and got all the dlc?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It has some quality of life improvements but it's really down to whether or not you want to play more MK8

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Persona 2 would be perfect for the Switch...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sorry Atlus is too busy still making 3DS and Vita games

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Sakurazuka posted:

Sorry Atlus is too busy still making 3DS and Vita games

To be fair, insisting on releasing games for obsolete hardware is like Atlus's whole M.O.

It's basically a miracle that Switch is getting that new mainline SMT, instead of 3DS.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Lakbay posted:

Does the playtime counter keep counting if you leave a game running but put the Switch to sleep? I have an embarrassing amount of hours in Splatoon 2 but it seems a little high even for me
No...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

deadly_pudding posted:

To be fair, insisting on releasing games for obsolete hardware is like Atlus's whole M.O.

It's basically a miracle that Switch is getting that new mainline SMT, instead of 3DS.

3DS and Vita games are much cheaper to produce than a game with HD assets.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I have BOTW on my Wii U. I should probably get around to finishing it some day.

Is MK8D worth it if I played it a ton on WiiU and got all the dlc?

Yes. There's a few QOL improvements that make the game better, battle mode is cool and the game looks really nice at 1080p.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
a friend of mine is convinced the switch is just a fad and it will only sell well in its first year

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
should I pass him a link to a gamexplain video about the switch or...?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:sever:

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Kawabata posted:

a friend of mine is convinced the switch is just a fad and it will only sell well in its first year

Why are you friends with utnayan?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kawabata posted:

should I pass him a link to a gamexplain video about the switch or...?

I thought you said he was your friend!

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
The Switch should be able to play 3DS and WiiU games imho. Major fail on Nintendo's part.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Lodin posted:

Switch really is the new Vita.

nobody seems to be happy

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Mega64 posted:

I thought you said he was your friend!

he is but he deserves it this one time

maybe gamexplain will clear things up for him, it's been known to happen

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I've noticed the gbs thread on this topic has pretty much sputtered to a stop cause whatever nerd talking points they had didn't hold up to units being moved. Yeah voice chat is dumb everyone knows it no one cares really.

Anyone who gives a poo poo about how well a product they don't want does has too much time in their hands. I don't spend any time pondering how well Apple or Xbox products are doing. If your friend is even giving a poo poo ask them why they have nothing better to do then think about things they don't like.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
"This Nintendo thing is just a fad. Won't last long."

-Idiots in both 1987 and 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

PC gaming is dead to I hear

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Norns posted:

PC gaming is dead to I hear

I'm an alanyst and can confimr.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Mahoning posted:

"This Nintendo thing is just a fad. Won't last long."

-Idiots in both 1987 and 2017

Nintendo is doomed and has been for years. However, just like with the bee and flight, Nintendo doesn't know it's doomed and continues to be amazing instead.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i wish that animal crossing game would come out already

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I wish sonic Mania would come out today instead of 13 days from now.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I wish sonic Mania would come out today instead of 13 days from now.
Same. As much as I love Splatoon, playing it 6 hours a day doesn't feel like the best use of my time.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Bill Barber posted:

Same. As much as I love Splatoon, playing it 6 hours a day doesn't feel like the best use of my time.

Some might say that playing video games 6 hours a day isn't the best use of anyone's time, but that's not something you hear in these forums. :v:

BTW, I'm looking for a good quality pouch for the Switch that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Any suggestions?

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 2, 2017

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I really hope Sonic Mania is a midnight release. It'll kill me if the eShop dates in the middle of the day since Switch won't connect to my work's wifi.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I actually meant Persona Q-2. The push to buy a 2DS increases every day

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
No local Stardew Valley coop is a huge blow. I was really looking forward to farming with my wife. I guess we have Minecraft. Still though...

Stardew when?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Rufio posted:

No local Stardew Valley coop is a huge blow. I was really looking forward to farming with my wife. I guess we have Minecraft. Still though...

Stardew when?
The screen isn't really large enough to allow for local multiplay without it being annoying.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Rufio posted:

my wife

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Lodin posted:

Switch really is the new Vita.

I don't think an appropriate emotion exists to react to this

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I actually meant Persona Q-2. The push to buy a 2DS increases every day

I got a 3DS with Xenoblade and Pikmin and I'm glad I did. There are really a fuckload of games for this thing.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

my two dads have a nintendo switch and splatoon 2 but the internet is so bad I literally can’t stay connected to one match

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

a.lo posted:

my two dads have a nintendo switch and splatoon 2 but the internet is so bad I literally can’t stay connected to one match

tell your two dads to get two better internets

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Kawabata posted:

I don't think an appropriate emotion exists to react to this

Whatever the combination of disgust and pity is.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dizz posted:

Whatever the combination of disgust and pity is.

Is your mom around to answer this question for us

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Zelder posted:

Is your mom around to answer this question for us

Know anyone who talks to dead people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

Bill Barber posted:

The screen isn't really large enough to allow for local multiplay without it being annoying.

Is it still possible to play the Switch on my home entertainment system?

• Locked thread