Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Weldon Pemberton posted:

How is this the only Dream Daddy art in the thread

https://twitter.com/xptnd/status/892476163456614400

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

that one buzzfeed guy made an unfunny loss edit
so people made edits of the loss edit

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Huh, didn't realize Liefeld was a DBZ fan.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Dewgy posted:

Huh, didn't realize Liefeld was a DBZ fan.

Can confirm.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
is that a storyline where the super soldier serum malfunctions and cap's thorax fills up with a quivering mass of endlessly-replicating Great American Hearts that eventually erupt from his chest in an explosion of patriotic gore

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

No

On average comic books are alot of fun and ocassionaly they're actually deep and meaningful too #notallcomics

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Agent355 posted:

No

On average comic books are alot of fun and ocassionaly they're actually deep and meaningful too #notallcomics

yeah ik, the funniest part of nextwave was when some dude transported all the characters into ultra grimdark edgelord nightmare universe versions of their comic books

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon have worked on some of my absolute favorite comics ever. The preacher, the punisher runs they did, alot of really great stuff there. That said I'm so glad the 90s are over and comics have finally moved on mostly.

Here's penance for my off topic asides. Anybody got more preacher based stuff? This was the only vaguely interesting not-just-dudes-standing thing I could find on short notice.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Agent355 posted:

Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon have worked on some of my absolute favorite comics ever. The preacher, the punisher runs they did, alot of really great stuff there. That said I'm so glad the 90s are over and comics have finally moved on mostly.

Here's penance for my off topic asides. Anybody got more preacher based stuff? This was the only vaguely interesting not-just-dudes-standing thing I could find on short notice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I20pHHwW-L8

does this count as fanart of odin quincannon's mental processes

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Agent355 posted:

Can confirm.

for those who don't know, this Liefeld piece here was created by poorly tracing/referencing a picture of Arnold Schwarzenneger doing this pose (possibly even this specific picture) and loving it up tremendously.

Canuck the Crow by helmip

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/dkzdesu/status/892068903626698752

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

This is my favorite meme in a long goddamn time.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

the really small speech bubble always makes me think cap is shouting in a tiiiny, tiny voice

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Agent355 posted:

Can confirm.

no less unrealistic

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

If you aren't being snarky look at the position of the shoulders (which tells you the angle of their back which you can't see)

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Show that Jotaro/Psyduck comic to Araki and I'm sure he'll make it canon. :unsmith:

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Agent355 posted:

If you aren't being snarky look at the position of the shoulders (which tells you the angle of their back which you can't see)

Oh I know he hosed up the anatomy, it's just that the overall physique isn't that much of an exaggeration.

On second thought...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Rob Liefeld has come up, which means it's time for me to post this video of Stan Lee roasting him and Todd McFarlane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmLFGWAyajU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

scandoslav posted:

Oh I know he hosed up the anatomy, it's just that the overall physique isn't that much of an exaggeration.

On second thought...
There is a legendary GBS thread from well over a decade ago where people just tore apart Rob Liefeld's art, including finding tons of examples of outright plagiarisms and made plenty of fanart of his garbage that ruled. There was one picture of Rob and his wife(?) that people "Liefeld-ized" to have skintight metallic ribbed tights, cybernetic eyes, gritted teeth and neck veins, and nonsensical edgy threats, I believe it was "poo poo A poo poo AND THEN poo poo IT YOU SHITTERING SHITTER OF poo poo" or something along those lines

If anyone remembers that thread and can link to it it'd be much 'preciated

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

I hear everyone hates the grape guy. Why does everyone hate the grape guy?

Don't test me I gotta whole zoo of 'em

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Weldon Pemberton posted:

I hear everyone hates the grape guy. Why does everyone hate the grape guy?

Because gently caress him.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He's the "goofy pervert" character except he really doesn't have any redeeming qualities yet.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Hihohe posted:

Because gently caress him.

No, no, nobody will gently caress him. That's why he's so pathetic.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Is one of the characters in dream daddy a Dracula

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

Zelder posted:

Is one of the characters in dream daddy a Dracula

He's like a middle-aged goth who seems insufferable at first but gets more likeable if you play his route. He also has a vagina so some people are thrilled about that

While I was looking something up I noticed there is an article about DD fanart in loving Forbes for some reason. I'm too lazy to turn off adblock to get the link.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I love all of these

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

Weldon Pemberton posted:

He's like a middle-aged goth who seems insufferable at first but gets more likeable if you play his route. He also has a vagina so some people are thrilled about that

While I was looking something up I noticed there is an article about DD fanart in loving Forbes for some reason. I'm too lazy to turn off adblock to get the link.
Yeah, I think I know the story. About a week or two ago, an artist by the name of ohnips drew genderbent versions of all the daddies, which somehow caused a massive shitstorm on both Tumblr and Twitter. According to the accusers, this particular picture was transphobic, as it depicted genderbent Damien (the gothy transman) as a woman, and fatphobic for depicting genderbent Brian (the fat ginger who kinda resembles Pat from SBFP) without a beer gut. It apparently got so bad that the devs of Dream Daddy had to get on Twitter and demand that people stop harassing this artist.

The offensive image in question:

(from left to right: Robin, Dahlia, Carly w/ Rover, Josephine, Maddy, Helena, Brianna)

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Oof- that's gotta be rough on that artist. I remember one guy being pretty much constantly harassed for drawing Korra with lighter skin because of the lighting in the pictures.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This is really bad.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Marshal Radisic posted:

Yeah, I think I know the story. About a week or two ago, an artist by the name of ohnips drew genderbent versions of all the daddies, which somehow caused a massive shitstorm on both Tumblr and Twitter. According to the accusers, this particular picture was transphobic, as it depicted genderbent Damien (the gothy transman) as a woman, and fatphobic for depicting genderbent Brian (the fat ginger who kinda resembles Pat from SBFP) without a beer gut. It apparently got so bad that the devs of Dream Daddy had to get on Twitter and demand that people stop harassing this artist.

The offensive image in question:

(from left to right: Robin, Dahlia, Carly w/ Rover, Josephine, Maddy, Helena, Brianna)

I wouldn't be surprised if the dude just hadn't either played the game itself yet, or hadn't played that particular character's route yet, and thus didn't even know they were trans.

I mean, I was totally ignorant of that character in total and I've seen plenty about it. Seems easy to miss.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Just Offscreen posted:

Oof- that's gotta be rough on that artist. I remember one guy being pretty much constantly harassed for drawing Korra with lighter skin because of the lighting in the pictures.

Or a forum mod for Mighty No. 9 getting harassed out of her job because she drew the main character in a way that people didn't like.

Burn all neckbeards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Lately, people are making GBS threads on her because she's a white person who drops the n-word casually and has pulled the "I've got black friends" card, so RIP

• Locked thread