Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Karl Barks posted:

this thread is now being run like a corporate meeting. let's do a stand up. what's everyone been working on

i've been arguing fruitlessly against the hillary scourge in d&d. nowadays they trade in transphobia (greedy transgender people just want free surgery!!!) and islamophobia (keith ellison is too muslim to be president!!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/892133260498796544

wonder what these folks are up to

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mods?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Al! posted:

theres been a lot of trek talk on cspam l8ly, makes me wanna go thru tng again

watch darmok tapestry family and ship in a bottle

ship in a bottle owns because its star trek vs sherlock holmes in a ialdabaothing contest

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Condiv posted:

i've been arguing fruitlessly against the hillary scourge in d&d. nowadays they trade in transphobia (greedy transgender people just want free surgery!!!) and islamophobia (keith ellison is too muslim to be president!!)

but can you quantify that using a spreadsheet???

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Strictly speaking, merely admitting that one posts in D&D, though suspicious, is not punishable.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
y'all, I know I'm a new hire and all, but I really to question the idea of a bakery like ours having a complete product line composed of 75% fecal matter. I mean, I know it's better than what we used to have previously when our products were 90% fecal matter, but I'm pretty sure that our customers have a thing about baked goods having 0% fecal matter.

as a matter of fact, I question the necessity of sewage as an ingredient of baked goods and confectionery

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Also ignore just about any episode that puts klingons/worf in the limelight, it's going to be the worst, most hamfisted poo poo and watching TNG with my partner it was amazing how much better handled he was as a character in DS9 (this applies to about anything that happens to have been part of both series).

In general every episode after the big Borg two parter at the end of season 5 just feels like they're padding because they did the real series finale two years too soon.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

the purity bee is strong and she's my friend

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

imo, jojo's bizarre adventure is better in every way than star trek

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
netflix or amazon prime video has the tng eps in HD so watch that poo poo

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

a moment of silence for the end of a source of amusement:

https://twitter.com/Jon4Vermont/status/892450680174243840

I was worried for a bit but I'm glad to see the dems are still supporting right to choose

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Condiv posted:

that yronic guy is real bad OP.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Strictly speaking, merely admitting that one posts in D&D, though suspicious, is not punishable.

Condiv posted:

the purity bee is strong and she's my friend

but you left your mcdonalds happy meal purity bee toy behind :confused:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

logikv9 posted:

netflix or amazon prime video has the tng eps in HD so watch that poo poo

hmm. it do

but i also have jojo part 6 reread in color on my queue, and i heard star trek is bad

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

y'all, I know I'm a new hire and all, but I really to question the idea of a bakery like ours having a complete product line composed of 75% fecal matter. I mean, I know it's better than what we used to have previously when our products were 90% fecal matter, but I'm pretty sure that our customers have a thing about baked goods having 0% fecal matter.

as a matter of fact, I question the necessity of sewage as an ingredient of baked goods and confectionery

Well we'd all like to have poo poo-free baked goods and I definitely want to move the bakery in that direction, but there just isn't popular support for not allowing people to poo poo in the flour bin right now so what you should do is organize at the ground level to build support for non-poo poo muffins and maybe get some people into positions where they can influence the overall direction of the bakery?
*shits violently all over the baklava*

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Lastgirl posted:

but you left your mcdonalds happy meal purity bee toy behind :confused:

cause it was obviously an impure forgery

mcdonalds is nowhere near pure enough for the purity bee

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Condiv posted:

hmm. it do

but i also have jojo part 6 reread in color on my queue, and i heard star trek is bad

you heard wrong

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
my favorite star trek is the one about incompetent space Republicans in a forever war against incompetent space Democrats

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Main Paineframe posted:

my favorite star trek is the one about incompetent space Republicans in a forever war against incompetent space Democrats

the suck generation?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

blakes 7 is real bad on any and every measure except costuming and some of the casting but somehow its a great great great show and v much in this threads wheelhouse

all the episodes used to be on youtube, if they still are you should watch it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

turn your TV on

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I remember liking the 1.5 episodes of Space Cases I watched when I was 9

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXDd1zO9F1I

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/benjysarlin/status/892799232398241797

this country is stupid as poo poo

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Kamala Harris wrote a book called Smart On Crime.

Transcribed from page 131

quote:

A lot of people told me not to take on this issue. They said the problem was too big to address and that there were no political benefits to wading into these waters. Frankly my staff winced at my plan. But, I started making phone calls and setting up meetings.

I went to the superintendent of the San Francisco Unified School District, and she convened a meeting with all the principals and administrators in the city. The room was packed. I shared with them how much I honor teachers and my gratitude for Mrs. Frances Wilson. I explained that I'm a proud product of the California public schools.

But then I got to the heart of the matter--- that a child going without an education is tantamount to a crime. And so, I said,
"I've decided to prosecute parents for truancy."
The audience erupted. Half of the audience sneered and were visibly upset; the other half clapped and cheered out loud.

To many, this sounded radical. I was threatening the status quo. I knew that some teachers felt a sincere concern that law enforcement could not solve this problem, while others had accepted that the status quo on truancy was accepted at some level. But my position is we owe every child an education and we owe ourselves the addional inoculation against violence and crime that fighting truancy can bring.

The next thing I did was send out letter to every San Francisco parent with a child in public school, explaining that truancy is a crime and that I was prepared to begin prosecuting parents whose children were habitually truant.

That touched off a number of different reactions. On the lighter side, the parents least like to need that letter saw a chance to use it to their advantage. A friend called me, laughing, to say that when his wife opened the letter she called the children in and said, "Do you see this? This is from Kamala and if you don't go to school every single day, she's going to put you and me in jail!"

But what happened next was that principals who were routinely making calls to parents of truant children and never getting them returned had a new tool. Now, they could say, "Mrs. Green, we've been trying to reach you to discuss little Johnny. I do want you to know that our District Attorney has announced that she is going to start prosecuting parent who are not making sure their children are in school."

Those phone calls started to get returned.

Next, we set up what we call District Attorney Meditations. We sat down with the school district to identify students who were most chronically absent. I assigned prosecutors to go to meetings at schools between administrators and parents of truant children, and I encouraged them to look as stern as they could. Suddenly, the principals didn't just have to rely on convincing parents to take seriously the downside of not getting their children to school. There was a prosecutor sitting their glowering at them. There was the threat of prosecution.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jewel Staite got her start on Space Cases and I remain a Firefly apologist so that's good

Firefly was good for what it was and people only ever turned on it because the fanbase was insufferable :colbert:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
nevertheless, she persisted. bravely wading upstream into sewage water, the loving moron

she just wants more slave labor

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

loquacius posted:

Jewel Staite got her start on Space Cases and I remain a Firefly apologist so that's good

Firefly was good for what it was and people only ever turned on it because the fanbase was insufferable :colbert:

i've watched like one episode of firefly and i didn't like all the space confederacy poo poo so i stopped

Call Me Charlie posted:

threatening people with jail is an opportunity for them!! :psyboom:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

we should send whole families to jail! that will help kids go to school!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

civil asset forfeiture for truant students!!

"if they can't be bothered to play by the rules, they don't deserve to play a gameboy either!"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

sukzone.gif

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"really, what problem CAN'T be solved by threatening people with imprisonment" -- the female Obama

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Call Me Charlie posted:

:psyduck:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Condiv posted:

civil asset forfeiture for truant students!!

"if they can't be bothered to play by the rules, they don't deserve to play a gameboy either!"

a police dog to eat the homework of truant students

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

loquacius posted:

"really, what problem CAN'T be solved by threatening people with imprisonment" -- the female Obama

The problems that can be solved with drone strikes

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

The problems that can be solved with drone strikes

Rand Paul gets these two sets mixed up sometimes

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

loquacius posted:

Rand Paul gets these two sets mixed up sometimes

he can't help it, some "fleet-footed urban youths" stole all his notes

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Karl Barks posted:

this thread is now being run like a corporate meeting. let's do a stand up. what's everyone been working on

I've got another meeting Tom, maybe we could wrap it up
I know we'll get to common ground somehow
Meanwhile I'll report back to my colleagues who were chewing on the doors
I guess we'll table this for now
I'm glad to see you take constructive criticism well
Thank you for your time I know we're all busy as hell
And we'll put this thing to bed
When I bash your head open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

texas has a good dem running now!

quote:

I refuse to believe that most Americans (or even most Republicans) can look at today’s GOP and see their own values reflected in its erratic leader. But even though, as we Democrats are fond of repeating, our values are the values of the majority of Americans, Trump won because so many people stayed home. And why did they stay home? Because they didn’t really believe that we believed what we said we believed. And why should they, when we keep compromising and hedging?

Let’s not forget who the most reliable Democratic voters are—women of color, who are most likely to suffer the consequences of Democrats “compromising” on reproductive rights. Texas Latinas are twice as likely to be uninsured and lack healthcare access as white women in Texas, and nationwide, black women are four times as likely to die from pregnancy-related complications as white women. And one more thing: Who has powered the resistance against Trump, and who will inevitably be the most motivated voters in the next election? Women. I was initially shocked to discover that my own resistance group, Daily Action, was 86 percent female, but it’s consistent with all the other data about the postelection landscape. We are the ones showing up and marching and placing calls and fighting to take back our country while our party heads fiddle.

It’s a truism to say that my state, Texas, isn’t a red state: It’s a nonvoting state. We consistently rank in the bottom five states in the country in voter turnout. Perhaps Texans, especially the Democrats among us, stay at home because they don’t have any clear sense of what we stand for. I have one idea of how to get more Democratic women to polling stations: Stand up for them. Let’s cut out the whimpering and stop reducing us to an “interest group.”

We are the base of the Democratic party, so let’s start talking about what happens in states like mine where reproductive rights have been attacked and eroded over and over and over again, and let’s start defending women’s rights to make their own decisions about their health and families. And let’s extend the principle of treating people decently—regardless of their sex, religion, race, or sexuality—and start talking to them like adults. It’s about time we had some of those in Washington.

i'm so glad so many candidates that are bucking the traditional wisdom of the dem party are showing up. people that are saying "hey, maybe being insufferable cowards on every issue is costing us elections!"

i especially like how laura moser ties abortion rights to economic justice, not pretending it's just a social justice issue. the faster we do away with this notion of "economic justice" and "social justice" as separate concepts, the better imo

Condiv has issued a correction as of 19:04 on Aug 2, 2017

• Locked thread