Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jiru posted:

... what? How can people find that offensive? Is it a particularly subset of the "keep women off MY COMICS" people? I mean... it's just a pic of some ladies chilling together, how can it be so terrible to those guys' senses? :psyduck:

welcome to the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

They want hot ladies that don't follow modern fashion trends or hold any power over the stuff they like.

Basically someone who looks like whoever was hot when they were growing up, who thinks their hobbies are great and supports them but doesn't give them any guff.

Like a lot of dude want hot nerd ladies, but only if said nerd ladies don't have any opinions or thoughts of their own.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Truly we live in the most enlightened time.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
Or there's the always entertaining:

"Why won't ladies like what I like?"
"I like that stuff."
"You're lying!"

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

dirksteadfast posted:

"I like that stuff."
"You're lying!"

This is that x100

"Why don't ladies like comics"
"Im a editor at Marvel, the comics you enjoy"
"Fake geek girl!"

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Right now merely existing makes women SJW feminist whores.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

dirksteadfast posted:

"I like that stuff."
"You're lying!"

Because what they mean is “Why won’t women gently caress me for knowing all about comic books?”

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Bombadilillo posted:

Lol at neck beards calling the editors of their comic books fake geek girls.

Yeah kill them all.

A group of girls are auto-sjw's what the gently caress. Nerds should be creamin themselves over these ladies.

Part of why i love Overwatch is getting to see nerds self own by attaching their fragile masculinity to a game with a talking gorilla amd a British person with all their teeth.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
You're all missing the point: these women getting into nerdy hobbies don't want to have sex with the guys already there, and therefore are not fulfilling their function and thus unwelcome.

I think that's what it boils down to for a lot of these types. They don't just want women being a part of their communities, they want women to have sex with.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Part of why i love Overwatch is getting to see nerds self own by attaching their fragile masculinity to a game with a talking gorilla and a British person with all their teeth.

can we please stop with the racist stereotypes

Gorillas are smart

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I remember being the only "openly" nerd girl in my group D&D comic readers college friends (considering my cultural background and where I live on, girls liking comics,action movies or playing video games was "un-lady" a few decades ago). Most of them stopped talking to me because I was never interested in dating any them, at all.

FYI They were annoying while trying to hit on me. From super shy shy nerd guy who was literally shaking when talking to me, to the guy who recently was slowly stepping in to stalker territory.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
nerd girls are loving poo poo humans like all nerds

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

I poo poo post sometimes, what do you expected?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Before you're allowed to join anything like your high school anime club, they should force you into a seminar that tells you that it's not compulsory to be a toxic shitlord that everybody hates.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
the added benefit being anime clubs go away

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

nerd girls are loving poo poo humans like all nerds

A good Farooq post.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I just like banging geek girls because when I reach climax during the sex and I yell, "Form of, Cumshot!" they know what I mean and we high five.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there a connection between social media idiots and overuse and misuse of ellipses?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

enigmahfc posted:

I just like banging geek girls because when I reach climax during the sex and I yell, "Form of, Cumshot!" they know what I mean and we high five.

You sick gently caress, that was his sister!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is there a connection between social media idiots and overuse and misuse of ellipses?

Oh lord, yes.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

What.........................do you mean...................................................................................................?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

An overly long ellipsis is in the same tier of Social Media Idiot Signifier as use of the phrase "just sayin"

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Anyone to the left of hitler is an SJW beta snowflake cuck. Welcome to the brave new internet age

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
talk...poo poo....., get... hit... :P

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

unwantedplatypus posted:

Anyone to the left of hitler is an SJW beta snowflake cuck. Welcome to the brave new internet age
I was in the snowflake cuck alpha, good to see they've reached the next development stage

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Arcsquad12 posted:

I've noticed that its more of an older people in general thing rather than an social media idiot thing, though of course there's a lot of crossover between those two groups. My theory is that before texting and facebook, they only communicated via text in formal letters or work emails so any writing with proper punctuation reads as serious and thought out. When they want to write more conversationally, they add pauses as if they're thinking about what to say next because that's how they'd say it in real life.

Hardcordion has a new favorite as of 19:54 on Aug 2, 2017

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Cythereal posted:

You're all missing the point: these women getting into nerdy hobbies don't want to have sex with the guys already there, and therefore are not fulfilling their function and thus unwelcome.

I think that's what it boils down to for a lot of these types. They don't just want women being a part of their communities, they want women to have sex with.

Except they do want to have sex with them. Nerdy girls are plenty sexually available to their friends and peers, just like other girls. There are plenty of women out there that would love to spend a day gaming and loving.

What the subset of nerd guys you're talking about really want is something that will prop up their fragile masculinity and sense of inferiority, and treat women like some magical item that once possessed will grant them that. So, much like the INCELs that get sex and then claim it doesn't count because reasons, there are a ton of misogynistic nerd guys who get girlfriends and still claim women won't date them because they're shallow bitches prejudiced against geeks.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

there wolf posted:

Except they do want to have sex with them. Nerdy girls are plenty sexually available to their friends and peers, just like other girls. There are plenty of women out there that would love to spend a day gaming and loving.

What the subset of nerd guys you're talking about really want is something that will prop up their fragile masculinity and sense of inferiority, and treat women like some magical item that once possessed will grant them that. So, much like the INCELs that get sex and then claim it doesn't count because reasons, there are a ton of misogynistic nerd guys who get girlfriends and still claim women won't date them because they're shallow bitches prejudiced against geeks.

Also none of the aforementioned nerd guys are really desirable. They think the reason they can't get laid is because they don't have nerdy girls who will worship at their pedestal, when in reality they're unhygienic slobs and/or massive assholes.

Pretty much every girl I'm friends with is a giant nerd, some more than me. I'm pretty sure boys and girls are into nerdy interests equally; the girls are just regular human beings who don't want to gently caress every sweaty fat guy at a Magic tournament.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

You mean neckbeard who's first response to a nerd girl is to yell about how fake and sjw she is, aren't going to get laid? Well, I never.

...kill all neckbeards.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

chitoryu12 posted:

Also none of the aforementioned nerd guys are really desirable. They think the reason they can't get laid is because they don't have nerdy girls who will worship at their pedestal, when in reality they're unhygienic slobs and/or massive assholes.

Pretty much every girl I'm friends with is a giant nerd, some more than me. I'm pretty sure boys and girls are into nerdy interests equally; the girls are just regular human beings who don't want to gently caress every sweaty fat guy at a Magic tournament.

And many of these nerd girls already have boyfriends or girlfriends.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i will win this comic shop tournament with my seduction deck

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Women aren't supposed to be independent people; they're supposed to be rewards for being clever and beating the jocks from Alpha Beta House.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

True, but I'm trying to get away from the usual framing that girls just aren't choosing to be with these guys because it's really irrelevant. It's a cult of masculinity that makes a virtue out of social ineptitude, and guys will self-sabotage and deny their own lived experience in order to fit the image of the martyr they feel like they are. I've got an old high school friend that went full MRA and likes to whine about how he never really got attention from girls because he was a dorky teen. Dude actually spent highschool making out with emo girls who were interested in his moody artistic side until they gave up on him ever wanting more and dated one of his friends instead.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta
In an effort to cut down on IoSM, Norwegian broadcaster NRK is implementing a multiple choice quiz that readers will be forced to complete before being allowed to post, in order to ensure that they've understood what the article was about.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...s-a7607246.html

Norsk Riks Kringkasting posted:

Stories that use the quiz will see people presented with three short multiple choice questions that they must give the correct response to. So, for instance, people might have to correctly answer what an acronym that is used in the story stands for, for instance. The creators of the tool – which for the moment is in use on NRKbeta, the broadcasters' tech page – hope that it will ensure that everyone knows what they're talking about before they actually start talking about it.

"We thought we should do our part to try and make sure that people are on the same page before they comment," journalist Ståle Grut told Nieman Lab, which first reported the news. If everyone can agree that this is what the article says, then they have a much better basis for commenting on it.”

“If you spend 15 seconds on it, those are maybe 15 seconds that take the edge off the rant mode when people are commenting,” said Marius Arnesen, editor of NKRbeta.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

This nerd problem would self correct if those goobers would just buy a real doll, dress it up like their favorite anime, and call it a life.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Technocrat posted:

In an effort to cut down on IoSM, Norwegian broadcaster NRK is implementing a multiple choice quiz that readers will be forced to complete before being allowed to post, in order to ensure that they've understood what the article was about.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...s-a7607246.html

I love this idea. At the least because yes, it will slow people down on posting.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Russia will just make sure the new bots understand the quiz.

20XX a shitposting bot becomes selfaware and nukes people for lulz.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I mean, you might be forgiven for thinking the man involved in the first interracial kiss broadcast on TV might have learned something from it.

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015

Desperado Bones posted:

I remember being the only "openly" nerd girl in my group D&D comic readers college friends (considering my cultural background and where I live on, girls liking comics,action movies or playing video games was "un-lady" a few decades ago). Most of them stopped talking to me because I was never interested in dating any them, at all.

FYI They were annoying while trying to hit on me. From super shy shy nerd guy who was literally shaking when talking to me, to the guy who recently was slowly stepping in to stalker territory.

So... uh, where do you live?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/npcArts/status/892620553080721408