Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
I remember the first time someone called me a normie...

It cut deep, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

CoolCab posted:

calling it - this one is going to be real loving funny in 3-6 years

This year I'm votin' fer change!

Ben Garrison posted:

I will not praise these mentally ill people. Neither would Captain Kirk.
I wonder what Garrison thinks of Star Trek Discovery. As I understand it ST:D (what an acronym) is going to have multiple LGBTQ characters in it. It will also take place prior to TOS, meaning that by Kirk's time in the captain's chair it would certainly have been Federation policy not to discriminate. :v:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Zivilyn Bane posted:

I wonder what Garrison thinks of Star Trek Discovery. As I understand it ST:D (what an acronym) is going to have multiple LGBTQ characters in it. It will also take place prior to TOS, meaning that by Kirk's time in the captain's chair it would certainly have been Federation policy not to discriminate. :v:

Oh, if you go looking (note: do not go looking) you can find no end of self-professed Star Trek fans up in arms that Discovery will include Teh Gayz, not to mention the use of nonwhite (!) women (!!) in the main roles.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

There was that episode in DS9 where a quark had to temporarily transition for plot reasons and the whole thing seemed to go so quickly and smoothly as compared to real life that I'd imagine that absolutely no one cares in the Trek universe.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Economy Humming!
DOW Soars!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

lol calling people normies is an internet thing well beyond politics

Isn't normies 4chan poo poo?

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Kirk was already up to super heinous poo poo in the original Star Trek anyway, such as being the first white man on TV to kiss a black woman. Lot of cranky racists were unhappy about that. I'm sure Garrison would have been too if he was drawing cartoons back then.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Varvel secretly lusts for state-controlled economy.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

We should just edit any 'Dow is up' cartoon to 'The rich are getting richer'

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

Zivilyn Bane posted:

I can already picture his toon for the new regeneration of the Doctor.

A muscular caricature of Jodie Whittaker with a pronounced crotch-bulge panicking as she tries to fly the TARDIS away from a fleet of Daleks with Pepe helmets screaming "Not an argument! NOT AN ARGUMENT!" Jodie claims "B-but it was MY TURN!" as some SJW steerotypes standing on planets in the background shake their fists in futile rage.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Ramos posted:

Kirk was already up to super heinous poo poo in the original Star Trek anyway, such as being the first white man on TV to kiss a black woman. Lot of cranky racists were unhappy about that.
I've seen a lot of articles that cast doubts upon both parts of this assertion, and absolutely nothing to support it.

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Pakled posted:

This one's a doozy.

Man. Kelly got real reactionary.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is there any one policy that Trump has done that would impact the DOW? I thought that was all riding on Obama's coattails anyways.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Disproportionate Orphan posted:

Man. Kelly got real reactionary.

Excuse me, but Kelly has a much better skill with composition, colors and labels.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

seiferguy posted:

Is there any one policy that Trump has done that would impact the DOW? I thought that was all riding on Obama's coattails anyways.

They'd have to admit to that. Iirc there was an article.about some rust belt town that saw massive regrowth following the stimulus but refused to acknowledge Obama playing any part in that, and instead crediting their own resilience despite being presented evidence that all that federal money was actually responsible for jumpstarting their economy back to life.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Why yes, the government IS funded largely through taxation. Thank you for this civics lesson, Bish :)

I don't really know why the taxpayer stand-in is a baby, though, other than because there is no other reason a reader would think the taxpayers shouldn't be paying for dinner. Taxpayers are naive to the ways of the world and cry endlessly whenever they are made slightly uncomfortable by anything for any reason? Is that really the tack you want to take here, Randy?

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Xander77 posted:

I've seen a lot of articles that cast doubts upon both parts of this assertion, and absolutely nothing to support it.

If I recall correctly, they got lots of support, and one letter that went something like "I'm against miscegenation, but Uhura's hot, and a guy like Kirk probably wouldn't resist too hard."

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

loquacius posted:

Why yes, the government IS funded largely through taxation. Thank you for this civics lesson, Bish :)

I don't really know why the taxpayer stand-in is a baby, though, other than because there is no other reason a reader would think the taxpayers shouldn't be paying for dinner. Taxpayers are naive to the ways of the world and cry endlessly whenever they are made slightly uncomfortable by anything for any reason? Is that really the tack you want to take here, Randy?

The argument is that we're ~*~stealing our children's future~*~ by paying for things like roads, public safety, and public education. It's loving stupid.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Arthur Crackpot posted:

I can already picture his toon for the new regeneration of the Doctor.

A muscular caricature of Jodie Whittaker with a pronounced crotch-bulge panicking as she tries to fly the TARDIS away from a fleet of Daleks with Pepe helmets screaming "Not an argument! NOT AN ARGUMENT!" Jodie claims "B-but it was MY TURN!" as some SJW steerotypes standing on planets in the background shake their fists in futile rage.

I would gladly pay ben to make this cartoon if only paying ben did not result in the actual ben garrison getting actual money

as much as pounds sterling counts as 'actual money' at this point, that is

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

The aristocracy should pay for public works out of its own pocket, a noblesse oblige cartoon.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

seiferguy posted:

Rich people have been holding on to their stocks since Trump got elected because they expect the GOP to pass a capital gains tax cut. If they do manage to pass a tax reform plan, expect a big sell-off when it comes into effect. Or if their tax reform plan fails like health care, also expect a big sell-off.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Holy poo poo, Garrison is a Sandy Hook false flag fucker. Dude is like a bunch of slime wearing human skin.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

loquacius posted:

Anyone who self-identifies as a "taxpayer" has the maturity of an infant, specifically in the sense of not understanding they have responsibilities as well as rights.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

You voted for him and will do it again.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The argument is that we're ~*~stealing our children's future~*~ by paying for things like roads, public safety, and public education. It's loving stupid.

More specifically, that we're financing these things through DEBT.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Pants Donkey posted:

Holy poo poo, Garrison is a Sandy Hook false flag fucker. Dude is like a bunch of slime wearing human skin.

I'm of the opinion that a lovecraftian slime man would be a lot more pleasant in person.
And since elder gods take their sweet time in invading this reality, less destructive to the world too.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Head on the bed, head on the bed,
Looking like a fool with your head on the bed

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Avenging_Mikon posted:

What? Really? Are you sure about that? I don't think there's a large Jewish population in Montreal.

There is a significantly large Jewish population in Montreal. Other famous Montreal Jews: Leonard Cohen, Modechai Richler

The 2001 Census listed 100K living in Montreal

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Pants Donkey posted:

source?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Montreal style bagels

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ben Garrison posted:

They don’t need God to assign them their sex. They tell God how it’s going to be.

:black101:

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

This would be normal enough if he were a gay male tbh

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Ben Garrison posted:

They don’t need God to assign them their sex. They tell God how it’s going to be.

No Gods, No Masters.

Though I've not seen many cases of God-assigned sex; it's mostly just whiny old men.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Barry Convex posted:

This would be normal enough if he were a gay male tbh

Maybe he is :thunk:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Johntalouette
Oct 30, 2013

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/wonk/wp/2017/08/02/nearly-half-of-america-doesnt-benefit-from-dow-22000/
Turns out the same half of Americans who famously couldn't come up with $500 for an emergency also don't play the stock market. Who would have thought?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

A workable metaphor, except for treating Trump like a hapless victim rather than a poo poo-eating moron. If all three of them were lion tamers, screaming at the others to "eat these goddamn chickens already" and covered in cuts and bruises, that'd be the ticket!

You managed to shoehorn racism into a cartoon about Trump's relationship with another white guy, I'm impressed (enough to consider this for a Gay Abortion).

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Hell yeah!

Too bad that's a quote from Garrison and he means it as a bad thing. It would make for a badass quote otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

A military coup in the white house would be pretty ironic.

• Locked thread