Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Uh, where is this line being terrible talk coming from?

Lane Johnson is one of the top 5 offensive linemen in the game right now, period.

Jason Peters is old, yes. He also seemingly gets better with age. Also, as disasterous as Big V's first few starts last year were (Kerrigan game), he's a fast learner and his problems disappeared after the first few games. Honestly, I could see him replacing Jason Peters in a couple of years.

Brandon Brooks had 2 games he missed due to anxiety that was super random and happened the day of. Other than that, every recordable metric had him as one of the top 5 best interior linemen in all of the league last year.

Seamolo whatever his name is, held up just fine last year. Enough to let reliable guard and all position linemen, Allen Barbe walk. Also, of note, Chance Warmack is reunited with his college line coach. He could end up coming out of nowhere. Currently a backup.

That leaves Jason Kelce at center. Most thought he would be cut. Honestly, he is the weak point of the otherwise strong offensive line. But, I'd like to think the strengths of the line around him and consistency with the still new offense should help the situation. We also have another guy behind him that's good.

I know, PFF and such. But they rated Philly's o-line as #1 going into this year. Dallas's line at #7 if I remember correctly.

The weakness we have is our corners. We really need Mills to step up and Douglas to come into his own until Sidney Jones makes an impact next year. Apparently Patrick Robinson who was brought in as the vet on discount is getting smoked at camp. Our corners could be disasterous.

But, our defensive line can help mask an awful lot of that. Easily a top 5 potential group. Cox is Cox, Graham was one of the BEST defensive ends all year and even ranked above Khalil Mack. Derek Barnett is the high potential rookie. And apparently former Ravens Jernigan has done absolutely nothing but hang out in the backfield adding tackles and sacks all camp.

I know a lot of these names aren't any name guys to people that aren't familiar with the Eagles.

But, just watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I don't share your faith in Vaitai. Could he be a starter someday? Sure, maybe, but I doubt it will be at tackle in Philadelphia. The Eagles value OT too highly to entrust it to someone whose upside is probably mediocre. Maybe as a stopgap.

Chance Warmack is longshot : http://www.phillyvoice.com/film-breakdown-eagles-have-work-do-newly-acquired-og-chance-warmack/

Also not to bust your balls, but you forgot Wisniewski.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-line-units-heading-into-the-2017-season

🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm not saying we have the best o-line. But I'd like to think top 10 is accurate when people are otherwise calling it terrible.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I have no idea where they rank because I just don't know enough about other teams' lines, but they are good. I still consider Kelce a weak point because of his relative lack of size and inconsistent shotgun snaps, but I acknowlege that his mobility is good and he's an excellent puller and downfield blocker.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I didn't say they weren't good I said they were high risk

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Yeah I assume Jason Peters will explode into pixie dust around Week 5 and that Lane Johnson will get caught with Deer Antler Spray around Week 7

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have the eagles at 9-7 and 0-1 in the playoffs

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I have the eagles at 4-12 with those wins against the redskins and giants.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Eagles 16-0, super bowl champs. Wentz enters hall of fame while still playing.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I don't really care what their record is. I am just super psyched that the two teams I watch, the Eagles and the 76ers, are going to be fun as hell to watch, because I end up spending a lot of watching them.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mr. Nice! posted:

I have the eagles at 4-12 with those wins against the redskins and giants.

Checks out.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Cowboys roll the NFC east on the shoulders of Dak and Zeke while a bunch of nobody's on the defense are good enough to win.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Realistic, tbh.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

No way poo poo on the Skins all y'all want but the one thing that is constant is that the Skins have owned the poo poo out of us since that first Monday Night game of the Era of Which We Shall Not Speak.

They'll sweep us once again.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Sickening posted:

Cowboys roll the NFC east on the shoulders of Dak and Zeke while a bunch of nobody's on the defense are good enough to win.

Hard to tell where the Cowboys will really end up. Dak will throw more picks but probably have a good year, the defense will probably struggle in coverage but improve a little in the pass rush, schedule will be harder. My guess is 10-6 or 9-7 and playoffs, but 11-5 division win or 6-10 wouldn't surprise me a lot either.

I don't think this is our year, but I think next year, when the Romo money is finally off the books, is when the Cowboys will be real dangerous.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, do we mean like while he's still on the field, or like at half time of an active game (like when they're up 56-3 against the Cowboys)? Cause the former is just silly since he'll need time for a proper ceremony.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

What's the deal with Zeke's suspension?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

They can't beat our corners if they have 0 wide receivers

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

And the Cowboys will finish 2-13 when there aren't enough unsuspended players to play their week 17 game.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Dak Prescott

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/MattLombardoPHL/status/892743495517175808

Man, that Eagles secondary is lockdown.

Wait, what?

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

quote:

Eagles right tackle Lane Johnson has just made a very important promise to those of legal drinking age in Philadelphia.

"I have a lot to prove to this city," Johnson said Sunday, via ESPN.com. "I think if we have a few big years and make the playoffs, if we win a Super Bowl, I'm giving out beer to everybody."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000824340/article/lane-johnson-beer-for-everybody-if-eagles-win-sb

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2017/08/carson_wentz_report_card_eagles_offense_struggles.html

1st 11 on 11 (Red Zone) - 4 for 5, 3 TDs

2nd 11 on 11 (Red Zone) - 0 for 8, 0 TDs

1st 7 on 7 (Red Zone) - 8 for 12, 4 TDs

11 on 11 (Not Red Zone) - 0 for 2 (mostly running plays)

STATS FROM WEDNESDAY: 12/26, 7 TD, 0 INT
STATS OVERALL: 77/115, 10 TD, 2 INT
Note: Wentz didn't get much help from his receivers, who dropped a few passes that should have been touchdowns. Wentz's accuracy wasn't an issue, but the blame for the first-team offense struggling so bad in the red zone has to fall on Wentz, since it is his job to make sure they get in when given the chance.

Note: Alshon Jeffrey not practicing today. Bruised his shoulder Monday. Came back in and finished drills. Practiced in full the next day. Resting today.

First Team Defense:
The defense has not good looked so far in training camp, mostly because of the struggles of the cornerbacks.
On Wednesday, however, they did an outstanding job in the red zone.
Of the Eagles' 29 reps on offense inside the 20-yard line, they scored just seven times. The play of the cornerbacks -- especially Jalen Mills and C.J. Smith -- was a big reason why, as they knocked away a few passes after struggling early on in the drill.

Part of the reason for the defense getting the better of the offense on Wednesday might have been because both Jeffery and running back LeGarrette Blount weren't there, but regardless, defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz must have liked seeing his unit finally get the better of the offense.

89 fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Aug 2, 2017

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Join us in Eagles fan psychosis. If the offense sucks at a drill it means our corners are really shaping up and may be better than we think! If the offense does well it's because our new WRs are beasts and are going to break all the receiving records.

Cognitive dissonance is fun! :shepicide:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
thanks for clearing that up, the Eagles are still gonna blow rear end

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

As a fan of a team in the nfc east that isn't the Eagles, I'd just like to thank eagles fans for allowing us to read this thread

And hell, thank you eagles fans for allowing our nfl teams to play in your division as well

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

axeil posted:

Join us in Eagles fan psychosis. If the offense sucks at a drill it means our corners are really shaping up and may be better than we think! If the offense does well it's because our new WRs are beasts and are going to break all the receiving records.

Cognitive dissonance is fun! :shepicide:

Don't freak out, Nelson Agholor won a camp one on one the other day so he is headed to the hall of fame along with Wentz. No worries.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wents isn't goood

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

Wents isn't goood

He is the greatest QB who ever lived, but at least in that fantasy alternate reality you are proposing Wentz busting would finally mean Howie couldn't cling on to a position in the organization anymore.

Right?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

FuriousxGeorge posted:

He is the greatest QB who ever lived, but at least in that fantasy alternate reality you are proposing Wentz busting would finally mean Howie couldn't cling on to a position in the organization anymore.

Right?

I'm not sure what bad moves Roseman has made. Everything he's done since Kelly left has helped, it seems.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm not sure what bad moves Roseman has made. Everything he's done since Kelly left has helped, it seems.

He's been climbing up (and briefly down) the front office for seventeen years and has skated on really taking blame for any of the disasters that have occurred in that time. I don't buy it, personally.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If wentz is good roseman is good.

If wentz is bad roseman is bad.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

TheChirurgeon posted:

I don't think this is our year, but I think next year, when the Romo money is finally off the books, is when the Cowboys will be real dangerous.

The cowboys are already pretty dangerous based on their arrest records.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Howie has been good at knifing all his rivals in the back and blaming them for every bad thing that happened and getting the fans to buy it.

He's the perfect Eagles GM.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

big money big clit posted:

I mean, I don't think we have any interstate raping sprees on the books, but yeah we're doing OK

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

TheChirurgeon posted:

I don't think we have any interstate raping sprees on the books

Not YET

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

big money big clit posted:

The modern cowboys aren't poo poo in an NFCE that has historically had people like Lawrence Taylor and Michael Irvin.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Eagles fans are experts at morality.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

The only sin Rev. Reggie White ever committed was going to Green Bay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Getting into a morality pissing contest over football players is stupid, but here's a picture of Zeke sexually assaulting a woman.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 3, 2017

• Locked thread