Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I wish they would unscrew SMN since I think it has some of the best spell animations in the game :sigh:

One thing I like about BRD is that you can mitigate lovely tanks with your own version of barricade and convalescence :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

O2s must give you a heart attack.

Felt like quite the badass in last night's raid, putting up Asylum with all those effects going off.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

hobbesmaster posted:

O2s must give you a heart attack.

I actually really like it, it gives you really long stretches to just sit there and Unload

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ferrinus posted:

I actually really like it, it gives you really long stretches to just sit there and Unload

But everyone, including the boss is sitting in your leylines! :kingsley:

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

hobbesmaster posted:

But everyone, including the boss is sitting in your leylines! :kingsley:

Yeah but O2S never puts aoes under random players' feet so it doesn't matter if they stand next to me. In O4S meanwhile I have been killed by people dodging too close to my pillow fort.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is it possible to pug the ARR raids? I want to do the content and my 56 rdm has ilvl130 gear now xD

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Anyway if you wanted to give BLM raid utility it should be by letting BLMs give bosses debuffs to their resistances or outgoing damage somehow, not by buffing other party members.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is it possible to pug the ARR raids? I want to do the content and my 56 rdm has ilvl130 gear now xD

Yeah, but goons would love to run Coil with you.

If you mean Crystal Tower, queues will be long. I've heard Sunday is better.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
What happened to this game? seriously?.

I expected that SB would bring SOMETHING DIFFERENT for END game but no, its just like ARR/HS.

-Daily Trial (The only fun one)
-Expert (Same two dungeons over and over and over and over every single day)
-Log off.

And the most important thing that really made me QUIT like 1 month ago after reaching level 70 full 310.

Why there are so many BAD PLAYERS everywhere? I haven't touch the game in 9 days because m y last experience was terrible;

>Go expert as a FULL I 310 DRK
>Wipe / Wipe / Wipe / Wipe / Wipe
>Leave and eat the 30 minutes penalization.
>Go trial and TITAN hard appears
>Wipe / Wipe / Wipe / Wipe NO BONUS PEOPPLE I mean c'mon?
>ALT +F4 and don't touch the game until now, 9 days later

Hey I remember that I still paying the subscription ;

>Log in and go Trial
>Susano appears
>can't even pass half of his HP because DPS/healers dies on every single step
>Wipe 3 times in a row

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Verranicus posted:

I expected that SB would bring SOMETHING DIFFERENT for END game but no, its just like ARR/HS.

-Log off.

And the most important thing that really made me QUIT like 1 month ago after reaching level 70 full 310.

Why there are so many BAD PLAYERS everywhere? I haven't touch the game in 9 days because m y last experience was terrible;

>Log in and go Trial
>Susano appears
>Wipe 3 times in a row

lol.

reddit or official forums?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

lol.

reddit or official forums?

I'm betting OF. If a wipe happens in an ex, it's usually the tank or healer being megadumb to the point where I've never wiped in an ex where it wasn't one of those.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It's important to be humble, and remember that the only constant in every party you join is you

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Ferrinus posted:

Anyway if you wanted to give BLM raid utility it should be by letting BLMs give bosses debuffs to their resistances or outgoing damage somehow, not by buffing other party members.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

:ssh:

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

I said BLM, not "ranged magic dps", fucker. rear end in a top hat. Nitwit.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
so will letting my sub lapse for a single day gently caress me out of the falcon

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

so will letting my sub lapse for a single day gently caress me out of the falcon

No. It counts months paid for in a given period.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Verranicus posted:

-Log off.

>Log in and go Trial
>Susano appears
>Wipe 3 times in a row

I'd be interested to know how you can be bad enough to screw up at Titan Hard these days. My bet is on the OP cleaving the entire raid.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
It's not the most optimal thing but foul flare flare foul flare on trash blowing swift and triple cast is the most gratifying feeling a game has ever given me.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
heh, only three flares? you are like little baby

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'd be interested to know how you can be bad enough to screw up at Titan Hard these days. My bet is on the OP cleaving the entire raid.

I spent about 45 minutes trying to pass Titan NORMAL a few weeks ago because the healer had a bad ping and refused to stand anywhere but the edge of the arena. Even after I put down a marker directly behind the boss and said "Stand there and don't move"

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
My static is now in need of one healer (WHM or SCH) and one ranged dps (prefer BRD or MCH but not as picky) for Omega savage. We've cleared O1 and have hit enrage on O2 a few times. Had to skip last week due to real life obligations and are now getting back into the swing of things.

We raid Tues/Wed 7-10 CST but will likely move to Wed/Thurs in a month. Message me in game (Truth Quark, Excalibur) or via PM if you're interested.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
I've been playing this game for just over a week now, and I have to say the community is one of the better ones. Maybe it's the sapling icon next to my name, but people are always enthusiastic in offering advise and explaining boss fights patiently. The standout experience so far has been Trials. Ravana & Garuda have such memorable themes, particularly coming from WoW where you just turn off sound during raids.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Yeah, but goons would love to run Coil with you.

If you mean Crystal Tower, queues will be long. I've heard Sunday is better.

Labyrinth or Coil would be ideal, at least just enough to try it once so I can experience the content.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Anarkii posted:

I've been playing this game for just over a week now, and I have to say the community is one of the better ones. Maybe it's the sapling icon next to my name, but people are always enthusiastic in offering advise and explaining boss fights patiently. The standout experience so far has been Trials. Ravana & Garuda have such memorable themes, particularly coming from WoW where you just turn off sound during raids.

You have a treat for the most metal 2.0 boss theme that's coming up.

e: also over the weekend i totally didn't get out of the shower and had the limsa theme in my head, didn't happen, nope.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Labyrinth or Coil would be ideal, at least just enough to try it once so I can experience the content.

If you just push the issue and set a day that you wanna do it, the thread is likely to respond. Heck, I'll run Coil and Crystal Tower with you. It doesn't take that long.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Phone posted:

You have a treat for the most metal 2.0 boss theme that's coming up.

e: also over the weekend i totally didn't get out of the shower and had the limsa theme in my head, didn't happen, nope.

if you don't sing Under the Weight/Metal/Rise/Oblivion/Fiend/any goddamn thing to yourself, then why are you even playing this loving anime game

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Look dude, that poo poo is hard to sing.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

I only know the lyrics to the leviathan theme, bc half of them are the word 'leviathan'

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I don't even know the lyrics to Under the Weight but you can sing along pretty well with 'Diggity dug a doug doug doug' a lot.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Crystal Tower stuff will be hard to get a premade group together for cause its 24 man, but DF queues for them are shorter on tuesdays and weekends. You're gonna wait at least 30 minutes to an hour for a pop though. 4.1 is gonna add an alliance raid roulette if you don't manage to get it done before then. The second and third parts of CT are very cool and worth seeing at least once.

Coil will never pop in DF and you want to unsync them anyway, but you can get away with a way smaller group and people are usually way more eager to help out because they're mostly fast and easy undersized.

Before they announced the alliance raid roulette I was thinking about trying to get people together to run a 24-man or two every weekend so we could show them to all the cute newbies. IDK if people would still be interested in that now though.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

as a cute newbie i would be very interested

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think Reddit has had a move towards Crystal Tower Sundays or something, so all the sprouts who want to do it queue on the same day to shorten queue times.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

World War Mammories posted:

if you don't sing Under the Weight/Metal/Rise/Oblivion/Fiend/any goddamn thing to yourself, then why are you even playing this loving anime game

i was talking about oblivion in the first part ;)

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm not sure if it's even possible to sing the official lyrics to Rise alongside the actual song.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm not sure if it's even possible to sing the official lyrics to Rise alongside the actual song.

If you can't a to the l to the e x ander while running A12S then you aren't trying hard enough.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Thundarr posted:

If you can't a to the l to the e x ander while running A12S then you aren't trying hard enough.

Sure, but I don't really see how

quote:

Keepin' up the pace. (What?) Keepin' with the quickness
Keep the lightning bottled, throttled, throttle to the finish

fits with the established meter at all.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The trick is to keep up with the pace + keep up with the quickness

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
stopping time to fit in extra syllables also helps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Phone posted:

i was talking about oblivion in the first part ;)

oh yeah man you're cool, it was a general "you"

Thundarr posted:

yeah the meter in Rise is preposterous for the verses but it is a requirement to sing "A to the L to the E-X-ander, gobbies gonna rise up, boom like thunder" alongside soken, otherwise your loot won't drop