Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tamba posted:

Here's another announcement for the next season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B8Ie4bxabo

Seems to be similar to last year's Netoge, only with adult characters?
What is this I can't see it here in America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
"After quitting her job, Morioka Moriko became a NEET and got addicted to an online game. In that game, even a wilting woman in her thirties like her can become a young, handsome guy and Moriko's new adventure as Hayashi began."

I'm gonna watch this.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 2, 2017

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Grouchio posted:

What is this I can't see it here in America.
ネト充のススメ - Netojuu no Susume
http://netoju.com

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
all of those netflix shows aside from the teddy bear extended commercial seem like they could be at least decent. obviously not all of them will be, but there aren't any other clear stinkers.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Me in 2018:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dF_5PMTods

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Colonel posted:

in other news, Kakegurui doesn't come out on Netflix until next year lol
Dang, and here I am, trying to support legal streaming. :shrug:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Dang, and here I am, trying to support legal streaming. :shrug:

Just embrace the resurgence of The Fansub Empire.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

AnoHito posted:

Just embrace the resurgence of The Fansub Empire.
I can't go back to what I was, ThatPerson. I've become too much of an Anime Dad. I mean, all the drugs, debauchery, violence, broken boots, name-calling, twitter-making GBS threads, vine-bashing, player-hating, wedgie-dealing, slam-dancing. It's just... too unhealthy. I would probably recover my previous metabolism. I would probably be able to do more exercise beyond jogging / biking.

Also no shorts. :negative:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
netflix is getting lots of good shows but gently caress they're terrible at the whole actually releasing them fast enough for anyone to care to watch them part

lwa's been finished for a while and the only announcement about getting the second half is this month, and it's from netflix france

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Colonel posted:

lwa's been finished for a while and the only announcement about getting the second half is this month, and it's from netflix france

Netflix US released a video of their entire August release slate, and LWA was nowhere to be found, so unless it's a surprise...

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they will never change, and i think I'm finally resigned to that.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Netflix sure seems to "epic" shows. (Except for the bears one.)

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Smartphone is what you would get if you took a mad libs template for an isekai story and didn't actually put anything into the blanks.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
He doesn't even solve most problems with the phone! Blatant false advertising.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Waffleman_ posted:

Netflix US released a video of their entire August release slate, and LWA was nowhere to be found, so unless it's a surprise...

frankly if netflix doesn't release it soon i will never forgive them for depriving people of my favorite show of the year for another month

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

The Colonel posted:

netflix is getting lots of good shows but gently caress they're terrible at the whole actually releasing them fast enough for anyone to care to watch them part

maybe if anime fans had a longer attention span than three months

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Man, you'd think that having "Trapped in another world" as a story setting, it would be easy to pull off all kinds of interesting stuff. It's a new world, motherfuckers! Escapist fantasy 101! Like punching haters on the throat.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Honestly, Smartphone is my favourite bad anime this season. It never ceases to crack me up how exactly it sticks to the tropes, except unlike Konosuba there is no punchline. It's the greatest comedy played totally straight.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Parallax posted:

maybe if anime fans had a longer attention span than three months

anime offering lots of new stuff every three months is one of the things I love about it. that netflix is loving with that makes me sad :(

devilman crybaby is gonna make up for that tho

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

an actual dog posted:

anime offering lots of new stuff every three months is one of the things I love about it. that netflix is loving with that makes me sad :(

devilman crybaby is gonna make up for that tho
Hopefully it does. That poo poo they pulled off with Castlevania + LWA (both are really cool) and now Kakegurui + Fate/Apocrypha outside of Japan was just... ugh.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Is the Yuasa directing Devilman Crybaby the same one who directed Ping Pong & the weird-even-by-adventure-time-standards episode of Adventure Time? Because I'll watch that guy do this thing p. much regardless of the content.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yuasa is a legend

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rangpur posted:

Is the Yuasa directing Devilman Crybaby the same one who directed Ping Pong & the weird-even-by-adventure-time-standards episode of Adventure Time? Because I'll watch that guy do this thing p. much regardless of the content.

That's him, yeah.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

watch everything Yuasa ever made

Sir Gladu
Nov 26, 2008

I watched his recent movie Night is Short, Walk on Girl monday at Fantasia and it owned owned owned. Maybe his best thing with Tatami Galaxy. Watch it!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

an actual dog posted:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Especially watch The Tatami Galaxy.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

an actual dog posted:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
seriously even his one-episode guest director stuff is always good, it's uncanny

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

F

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i'm sorry about your tiny monitor

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

No one told me Golden Kamuy was getting an anime. Well I'm glad of it

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Centaurs Worries would be 50% better if it just about the little kids.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Xelkelvos posted:

Centaurs Worries would be 50% better if it just about the little kids and their powerful sister

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Extremely Powerful Toes

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ooo, Shiki! Might be time to watch it again.

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/893271340249104384

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

More Shiki? Are you kidding me?

• Locked thread