Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Case 3 was the one where you see Maya for the first time and she's defendant for the murder of that monk dude. Case 4 is the Rakugo case where Blackquil gets to be a giant dweeb. Trucy was defendant for Case 2, and I thought that one was pretty solid, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

eating only apples posted:

Oh you are loving kidding me, please don't let it be more of this Khura'in poo poo I just want to hang out with Apollo and Athena :cry:

I'm sorry to say this, but case 4 has nothing to do with Khura'in at all and is just about hanging out with Athena. People just don't like it because it's so great.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Ok yeah then case 4 owns, if you can get past the defendant being probably the worst excuse for a defendant in the entire series. To make up for it, the case has what's probably the best witness in the entire series.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Oh you are loving kidding me, please don't let it be more of this Khura'in poo poo I just want to hang out with Apollo and Athena :cry:

Retire Phoenix Wright

That person is a filthy liar. Case 4 rules. Don't listen to them!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
People say case 3 has the stupidest twist of all time and I'm still not entirely sure what they're talking about.

(All the cases in that game were good by the way)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Case 3 is the worst case of SoJ because the day 1 trial is just real bad. Like man, it's really bad.

Case 4 is better even if it has a boring defendant and a bad culprit.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Momomo posted:

(All the cases in that game were good by the way)

Agreed. 2 and 4 were the weakest among them, and the game spends mercifully little time on either, but it's a real shame because Athena deserves every second of screentime she can get.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Case 3 was just ok but Case 2 of SoJ was great

It's 1 that was the utter dumpster of a case for me

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Plom Bar posted:

Agreed. 2 and 4 were the weakest among them, and the game spends mercifully little time on either, but it's a real shame because Athena deserves every second of screentime she can get.

My deepest hope is that Athena is the main character of 7 now that Apollo's arc is pretty much closed.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Plom Bar posted:

What? Case 2's fantastic. It's probably the best case in the game.

E:

Waffleman_ posted:

My deepest hope is that Athena is the main character of 7 now that Apollo's arc is pretty much closed.

:same:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also, is it so much to ask for a full case where Phoenix is in the "assistant" role? I love how Apollo and Athena work together, but man, I wanna see how either handles themselves with Phoenix in the backseat.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Plom Bar posted:

The lategame got really annoying because it was clear the writers could't handle so many characters, but kept shoving more in anyway, and Athena suffered the most from it. Edgeworth straight up shouldn't have been in the game.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, is it so much to ask for a full case where Phoenix is in the "assistant" role? I love how Apollo and Athena work together, but man, I wanna see how either handles themselves with Phoenix in the backseat.

In a perfect world Phoenix will just be permanently relegated to the assistant role for future games.

Momomo posted:

The lategame got really annoying because it was clear the writers could't handle so many characters, but kept shoving more in anyway, and Athena suffered the most from it. Edgeworth straight up shouldn't have been in the game.

Athena gets some decent stuff to do in Case 5 part 1. Agree about Edgeworth though.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What? Case 2's fantastic. It's probably the best case in the game.

Any case where I correctly guess the culprit, motive, and big twist (when they aren't explicitly shown as in a tutorial case) within 10 seconds of seeing A Character can never get higher than a C+ from me.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
So yall gave up on spoilering things from SOJ even after someone who's just now playing it posts saying "hey I haven't got past case 3 yet wow it sucks"

gee, thanks a lot guys. In previous threads everything was spoilered and hell, the posts before mine, poo poo about Dahlia Hawthorne was tagged. :sigh:

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

So yall gave up on spoilering things from SOJ even after someone who's just now playing it posts saying "hey I haven't got past case 3 yet wow it sucks"

gee, thanks a lot guys. In previous threads everything was spoilered and hell, the posts before mine, poo poo about Dahlia Hawthorne was tagged. :sigh:

The game is over a year old and, unlike the original DS titles, easy for anyone to obtain. People just playing through it now should know better than to read too many current posts itt.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Plom Bar posted:

The game is over a year old and, unlike the original DS titles, easy for anyone to obtain. People just playing through it now should no better than to read too many current posts itt.

Posts that were a reply to my post.

Original DS titles that are on ios for everybody.

:rolleyes:

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Nobody spoiled anything, unless "there is a defendant, and I think they are bad" is a spoiler to you. Calm down.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

People didn't use spoiler tags because no one was discussing actual plot elements and was using only the vaguest of terms.

Beaten by Plom Bar

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Plom Bar posted:

Any case where I correctly guess the culprit, motive, and big twist (when they aren't explicitly shown as in a tutorial case) within 10 seconds of seeing A Character can never get higher than a C+ from me.

You must loving hate these games then because they're usually pretty obvious about the culprit

Posts that were a reply to my post.

Original DS titles that are on ios for everybody.

:rolleyes:

It's been 10 months, people might spoiler tag poo poo as a courtesy but they shouldn't be expected to and nobody posted anything significant, please do not be a baby about spoilers

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Plom Bar posted:

I almost never do that in AA games, except for the last case in SoJ, for some reason. I guessed most of what was going on (except for the exact specifics of how it was going on because some of twists neccessary were kind of insanely specific) just after the first time you talk to the "defendant" in the prison cell or something at the start of the case.
Combine that with the last case of SoJ maybe being the longest case in any AA game and it had me going "yea i figured, but HOW is it possible????" for hours towards most things the game threw at me. It made for a very arduous and kinda boring case, with the only thing keeping me in being the out of whack character designs.

The epilogue was sweet tho

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

You must loving hate these games then because they're usually pretty obvious about the culprit

Key word: "and". It's one thing to see a character and think "they probably did it", another thing entirely to go "they did it, this is why they did it, the big twist of this case will be this", and being completely correct with no caveats or missed details.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, Takumi's always been explicit about how the series was developed to be a howdunit and not entirely a whodunit, which is why the first two cases of the series show you the culprit right away.

Not to say that a little amibiguity wouldn't be nice. 5-3's culprit was obvious from the beginning, but they introduced enough wrinkles into the case to cast some serious doubt in those suspicions.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Case 2 of SoJ is very good because it has adorable bunnygirls in it

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Case 3 is badass and my favorite case in SoJ (though Case 5 is really strong too)

If anything I felt more let down by the DLC case

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

All Ace Attorney cases not involving those fuckers at the circus are good and cool and possibly my friend.

Case 2 of SoJ features the kids bumbling their way through a case in a way that would make Phoenix proud.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I liked all the cases in SoJ but the DLC one was very weak and that is only because the whole game had really good cases for me and the previous game's DLC case was really good so when you compare it to those it all falls apart a bit in quality.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
did someone diss SoJ case 3

i will kick their rear end

Momomo posted:

Edgeworth straight up shouldn't have been in the game.

false because we got to see him get mauled by a dog again

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/CourtRecords_/status/892803395538399234

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Sweet.

Now only to wait 5 more years for when the whole thing is done.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And also for 3DS emulation to be less of a hassle.

E: Are these the same people who weren't going to have any fun with it and just make it dry as hell?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Waffleman_ posted:

Better off waiting for exploits to show up for 11.5 and hack the console instead. Then again I guess 3ds emulators should hit full speed in 5 years.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

E: Are these the same people who weren't going to have any fun with it and just make it dry as hell?

Weren't they the only group?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah :sigh:

Also I've never trusted myself enough to hack a console. I'm always scared that I'm going to brick it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

At this point I think 3ds homebrew just for the sake of like, playing and patching an import copy would be pretty simple. There's lots of methods at least.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Are flash carts not still the standard way of playing patched 3DS games? Or did Nintendo finally get better at blocking them?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

If you have CFW access, you can basically run patches right from the SD card without needing to actually patch a ROM or whatever.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/aceattorneygame/status/895163387679838214

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Oh hell yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally, all three Apollo Justice games will be on one system.

Now give me the edgeworth games.