Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

boner confessor posted:

is it the obsessed with rape part or the not getting basic ideas part

i like how a character that is an abusive and murderous narcissist has to be the product of a demon, and cant possibly be something like due to a lovely childhood and being on super coke

because its not like people can just be evil themselves

that and i cant help but laugh when anyone in the thread is like "this is just david lynch being lazy"

nerds who by nature are known for spending all their time passively consuming media all day have really killed that word as a valid critique

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Furnaceface posted:

Nah if that was the case pharmacists, doctors and nurses would be way higher on the list as well.
I mean, all those professions' rates are definitely higher than average, and especially so in countries where guns aren't everywhere.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Randler posted:

I have theological objections to this concept. As a creation of a benevolent God, even Satan wouldn't be that cruel.
Heaven won't take me and Hell is afraid I will talk about the Star Wars prequels.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Apparently there's only been one recorded killing of a person by a kangaroo but deer kill like 120 people a year in murder suicides.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

pangstrom posted:

I mean, all those professions' rates are definitely higher than average, and especially so in countries where guns aren't everywhere.

Yeah it apparently varies quite a bit by country now that Im looking it up.

In Canada you dont want to be a farmer, lumberjack or miner apparently.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I thought the highest rate of suicide was cops followed by EMS.

That may just be the states

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I worked with a guy in EMS who murdered his pregnant wife, tried to cover it up and make it look like a robberry , and just went to work that day with us at the station he even brought a casserole for us to eat that his wife made the night before he murdered her.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 2, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hollismason posted:

I thought the highest rate of suicide was cops followed by EMS.

That may just be the states

states data:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Okay but cops gotta be number 1 for murdering people who are unarmed

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Berke Negri posted:

that and i cant help but laugh when anyone in the thread is like "this is just david lynch being lazy"

i dont think he's lazy but i do think he's being indugent esp. when he pulls poo poo like the french woman from the last episode

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

lol at urban planners

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Why are marine engineers so suicidal?

Working on a punch line for this one with puns for boats, sea etc. it's going to be great.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Curse of Poseidon

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Oh hey things finally overtook dentist

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

boner confessor posted:

i dont think he's lazy but i do think he's being indugent esp. when he pulls poo poo like the french woman from the last episode

yeah

he's definitely being over indulgent

i do think it will all come together better once its all released and you can just watch it all in three or so sittings

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Hollismason posted:

Apparently there's only been one recorded killing of a person by a kangaroo but deer kill like 120 people a year in murder suicides.

That's cause kangaroos are shifty

You don't think they evolved the ability to punch for no reason do you?

No it's so they can commit false flag murders of humans

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Berke Negri posted:

i do think it will all come together better once its all released and you can just watch it all in three or so sittings

i prefer that some of the stuff in twin peaks is just there for flash and aesthetics. like i dont think there's any greater point to the french woman except as characterization for gordon cole and to provide some levity. lynch is using his horny old man nature to poke fun at himself because the show isn't a tightly written saga but more a loose ramble through a collaborative partnership created cult show

rather this and roadhouse vignettes than little nicky and james' highway adventures (supernadine was always cool tho)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

boner confessor posted:

i prefer that some of the stuff in twin peaks is just there for flash and aesthetics. like i dont think there's any greater point to the french woman except as characterization for gordon cole and to provide some levity. lynch is using his horny old man nature to poke fun at himself because the show isn't a tightly written saga but more a loose ramble through a collaborative partnership created cult show

rather this and roadhouse vignettes than little nicky and james' highway adventures (supernadine was always cool tho)

yeah i try to stress to people i recommend the show to that it isnt really like a "tv show" like game of thrones or whatever

also my favorite scene in the entire season so far is the bar sweeping one

i loved every second of it

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i was completely triggered by the fact that he wasn't using a push broom and was sweeping with the stools still on the ground

most unrealistic scene in the show by far

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

boner confessor posted:

i was completely triggered by the fact that he wasn't using a push broom and was sweeping with the stools still on the ground

most unrealistic scene in the show by far

sigh yet another tactical realism poster

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

twin peaks has made me realize that i think im sick of prestige dramas by this point though

maybe im just cycling into a bored with plots phase

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

its like they are trying to watch tv wrong
i always get a little annoyed when tv shows or movies overexplain things like they have characters turn to the camera and literally spell out what's happening - like the last ten minutes of interstellar. but then i read tviv and i realise they probably aren't even going far enough.

like i can't imagine what it'd be like to enjoy media like that just on the level of flashy colours and blinking lights. imagine watching a show and just going 'oh this is happening. and now this is happening. oh, now this is happening. huh.'

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I occassionally like to read TVIV (and :tvtropes:) of stuff I've watched to see what other people thought of it. Most of the time, the result is some mixture of shock and bemusement at people being unable to get neither text nor subtext. I'm currently prototyping an appropriate German compund noun for that feeling.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Berke Negri posted:

twin peaks has made me realize that i think im sick of prestige dramas by this point though

watch jojo's bizarre adventure. it's real good

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

i haven't been keeping up with twin peaks' new stuff

last episode i saw was episode 4, i think

has it been good?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Randler posted:

I occassionally like to read TVIV (and :tvtropes:) of stuff I've watched to see what other people thought of it. Most of the time, the result is some mixture of shock and bemusement at people being unable to get neither text nor subtext. I'm currently prototyping an appropriate German compund noun for that feeling.
the most shocking thing is that these aren't people who just don't have the required cultural knowledge or people who are just inexperienced at decoding fiction - these are people who bingewatch all these shows, who've watched hundreds of movies. what do these people get out of it, even? what's the point

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sudo rm -rf posted:

has it been good?

uh yeah it rules

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

sudo rm -rf posted:

has it been good?

its ruined all other tv for me

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Berke Negri posted:

nah most tv shows suck

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
President Trump nearly got to the White House early — he was reportedly “in serious talks” in 2015 to play the commander in chief in “Sharknado 3.”

“The Donald said yes,” David Latt, who’s part of the team behind the Syfy flying fish franchise, told The Hollywood Reporter in a Wednesday story.

The idea to cast Trump as a fictional president on the “Sharknado” series — which always features a flood of pop culture and political cameos — came from its star, Ian Ziering. The former “90210” actor had appeared on a season of the then-Trump hosted “Celebrity Apprentice” as a contestant and reasoned “his reality TV boss would make a good commander in chief,” The Hollywood Reporter writes.

“He was thrilled to be asked,” Latt said of Trump, although he apparently wasn’t the “Sharknado” team’s first POTUS pick. Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) was originally selected for the role, but negotiations with the 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate ultimately fell through.

While negotiations with Trump “got pretty far,” and a contract was drawn up, weeks went by and producers hadn’t heard from the real estate mogul.

“Donald’s thinking about making a legitimate run for the presidency, so we’ll get back to you,” Latt says Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen, told him at the time.

Instead, casting pros ended up offering the “Sharknado” role to Mark Cuban.

The Dallas Mavericks owner has been an outspoken critic of Trump.

After the casting switchup, Latt says, “Then we immediately heard from Trump’s lawyer.”

“He basically said, ‘How dare you? Donald wanted to do this. We’re going to sue you! We’re going to shut the entire show down!'” Latt recalled.

Cohen told the Reporter that while he had dinner with Ziering about casting Trump, he had “no recollection of the angry correspondence.”

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I've emerged from this coffin of radiation stronger , I can see thoughts, and taste music.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Oh wait no I'm high as balls

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

R. Mute posted:

i always get a little annoyed when tv shows or movies overexplain things like they have characters turn to the camera and literally spell out what's happening - like the last ten minutes of interstellar. but then i read tviv and i realise they probably aren't even going far enough.

like i can't imagine what it'd be like to enjoy media like that just on the level of flashy colours and blinking lights. imagine watching a show and just going 'oh this is happening. and now this is happening. oh, now this is happening. huh.'

tv iv posters miss stuff because they're like busy watching another show in their second monitor

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
why would they even do that

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
ADD

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
They probably watching most of those shows on a second monitor while playing some video game or browsing stuff instead of simultaneously watching two shows.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
"goon watch two shows"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's a statistical fact that 50% of all people who post in CD and TVIV experience their media by holding their ear to a door as it plays in another room

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

ArfJason posted:

why would they even do that
because they are eating two meals and you need one show per meal to aid digestion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

sudo rm -rf posted:

has it been good?

episode 8 pretty much redefined tv

• Locked thread