Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

God drat, your Av makes me laugh.

Thaaaaaaaat's right, Jay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

weird Asian candy posted:

You're forcing it now, Silly. You are better than the twitter sheeple.

*Silly thinks quickly to come up with a "28-3" and "forced" joke*

:sigh:

I am properly ashamed.

Much like the Falcons fan base. Hiyoooooooooooo!

Ok, it's a new season starting tomorrow. I'll try to minimize the Falcons SB jokes. I make no concrete promises. :)

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Silly Burrito posted:

I am properly ashamed.

Much like the Falcons fan base. Hiyoooooooooooo!

Ok, it's a new season starting tomorrow. I'll try to minimize the Falcons SB jokes. I make no concrete promises. :)

So your promise, like the Falcons lead in the Superbowl, is built on shifting sand?

See, I don't mind jokes. It is a little beating the deadhorse at this point but I can understand how this is Christmas, Halloween, and Birthday all rolled into one for other NFCS fans...I just want football to start already. It's been a long offseason :smith:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

I am properly ashamed.

hey it's ok, at least you're not a fan of a team that did win a superbowl and then went on to multiple mediocre seasons, wasting the last good years of the best quarterback they've ever had

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

sword_man.gif posted:

hey it's ok, at least you're not a fan of a team that did win a superbowl and then went on to multiple mediocre seasons, wasting the last good years of the best quarterback they've ever had

Yeah, I'm glad I'm not a Dolphins fan either.

So your promise, like the Falcons lead in the Superbowl, is built on shifting sand?

See, I don't mind jokes. It is a little beating the deadhorse at this point but I can understand how this is Christmas, Halloween, and Birthday all rolled into one for other NFCS fans...I just want football to start already. It's been a long offseason :smith:

We all start 0-0 tomorrow. :glomp:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Falcons are HACK FRAUDS!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

sword_man.gif posted:

This may sound crazy, but winning a Super Bowl is way better than losing one. Like, way way better.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

sword_man.gif posted:

You really gonna poo poo talk a fan of a team who has won a SB recently...or like...ever?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

You really gonna poo poo talk a fan of a team who has won a SB recently...or like...ever?

yes. because inconsequential lashing out is all i have.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

sword_man.gif posted:

yes. because inconsequential lashing out is all i have.

Fair enough. As you were.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
if i yell bad insults loud enough it shuts out the voices in the back of my head that go Your Team Are The Biggest Losers In The History Of Football By Sheer Numbers

although part of me is a little sad that i didn't get to see a lloyd christmas meltdown over that loss

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

tampa bay buccaneers more like tampon gay!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

sword_man.gif posted:

if i yell bad insults loud enough it shuts out the voices in the back of my head that go Your Team Are The Biggest Losers In The History Of Football By Sheer Numbers

although part of me is a little sad that i didn't get to see a lloyd christmas meltdown over that loss

I don't think his heart would've been able to take it.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

I don't think his heart would've been able to take it.

Do we know if his liver lasted long enough for him to even see the SB?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Lloyd probably finished the Appalachian trail, watched the SB, turned around and is on the trail again.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I'm sure it went something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7dlwseXVn0

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

So Lloyd was the worst Falcon poster. Do we agree that Hoover was the worst Panther poster? Who was the worst Bucs and Saints poster? No one is really standing out to me...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

So Lloyd was the worst Falcon poster. Do we agree that Hoover was the worst Panther poster? Who was the worst Bucs and Saints poster? No one is really standing out to me...

breaky claimed the panthers drafted jimmy clause to stop the saints offense

there's that polish guy that's would post like 10 page insider articles about the bucs long snapper competition.

but yeah hoover was awful

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

FizFashizzle posted:

there's that polish guy that's would post like 10 page insider articles about the bucs long snapper competition.

I did what now? Pretty sure I always knew Clausen was a QB. Not really sure what you're referring to.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I'm the worst Bucs poster and you can't tell me otherwise

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Joey Freshwater posted:

It's me cause I never post but I gave wandler the "I love my rapist qb av."

I wanted Mariota :(

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Epi Lepi posted:

Much as I dislike Jameis he seems the better of the two on the field by a good bit.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I dunno if Jameis is better but he's definitely the more entertaining one off the field.

And no I'm not talking about the rape shut up I'm saying that Mariota is boring af

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i think that's one of the appeals about matt ryan, you guys have to worry if your quarterback is a rapist or not whereas i'm sitting here hoping they find the bdsm sex dungeon covered in #2 jerseys underneath the locker room so i know he's not the worlds most boring android that runs on oatmeal

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

My rap sheet is longer. :radcat:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

sword_man.gif posted:

i think that's one of the appeals about matt ryan, you guys have to worry if your quarterback is a rapist or not whereas i'm sitting here hoping they find the bdsm sex dungeon covered in #2 jerseys underneath the locker room so i know he's not the worlds most boring android that runs on oatmeal

You'd think that but Ryan ticks all the right boxes to end up being the Unabomber or something like that.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
1) Mariota is better

2) Matt Ryan date raped a girl at Boston college

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Metapod posted:

1) Mariota is better

2) Matt Ryan date raped a girl at Boston college

Is he? I haven't gotten to watch him near as much as Jameis since they went in. I

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

That Works posted:

Much as I dislike Jameis he seems the better of the two on the field by a good bit.

I don't know if that's true, Winston is pretty reckless on th field. Regardless, I just didn't want us to draft a dude who more likely than not raped someone. Hard Knocks is gonna be rough cause Winston can be very personable and were it not for that one thing I'd probably like him a lot.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

t:mad: you can suck my balls fiz, if I want to post an excruciatingly detailed breakdown on the merits of Adrew DePaola vs Adrew Economos, I will.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Epi Lepi posted:

I don't know if that's true, Winston is pretty reckless on th field. Regardless, I just didn't want us to draft a dude who more likely than not raped someone. Hard Knocks is gonna be rough cause Winston can be very personable and were it not for that one thing I'd probably like him a lot.

Ah I stand corrected then. Confirmation bias on my account I guess. Mariota is never on TV much where I am nor do I hear much about his team in general.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Man, today feels like the NFC South thread of old. Just glad to get the season started!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Epi Lepi posted:

gently caress, that was you? I always wondered who and was bitter because I just bought a sweet Lavonte AV.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Bravo Bucs goons...bravo. I'm looking at you Joey Freshwater!

e:

Or was this Silly's final act of cruelty? :thunk:

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 3, 2017

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
That's cruel.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I am embracing the suck. I will wear it as a badge of hon-

OH GOD WHY WOULD YOU MAKE ME SEE THIS EVERY DAY YOU SON OF A BITCH :cry:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oh gently caress

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Never let them see you bleed.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I will say that it was not me but I had 100% planned on buying that, someone just beat me to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bravo Bucs goons...bravo. I'm looking at you Joey Freshwater!

e:

Or was this Silly's final act of cruelty? :thunk:

Nope, not me. Another Chiratar bites the dust.

• Locked thread