Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Raiden V Director's Cut comes out September 19 on PS4: https://www.amazon.com/Raiden-Directors-Limited-Original-Soundtrack-PlayStation/dp/B0714JC17Z/

A Steam release has been confirmed but who knows if it'll be day-and-date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

lets hang out posted:

feel like most of the unlockable weapons in monolith are actively worse than the ones you start with

Razor and Sword can be tremendously powerful, and grabbing weakness keywords can be very useful. Railgun is hot garbage though, no denying that.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Looks like the next offering from porting gods M2's ShotTriggers series is Mahou Daisakusen/Sorcer Striker.

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/sorcer-striker-m2-shottriggers-release-announced-ps4

This is a great game. Good choice.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
Anyone else pick up Strikers 1945, which has suddenly appeared on Switch (ported by Zerodiv of all people)? It feels to me like there are a couple of extra frames of lag, playing in portable mode.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Ofecks posted:

Looks like the next offering from porting gods M2's ShotTriggers series is Mahou Daisakusen/Sorcer Striker.

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/sorcer-striker-m2-shottriggers-release-announced-ps4

This is a great game. Good choice.

Nice. Hope they can do Dimahoo at some point, if there's any game that would massively, massively benefit from having extra side information displays, it would be that one.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The MAME Team have found a rare revision of DDP Daioujou that sits between the original and Black Label versions, dubbed DoDonPachi III. More info soon.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Nice. Hope they can do Dimahoo at some point, if there's any game that would massively, massively benefit from having extra side information displays, it would be that one.

Yeah for sure. Dimahoo's never had a home port, either. At least Mahou was on X68k before.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

techknight posted:

I really, really like ESPGaluda 2 HD on iOS. They really cracked the controls/movement feel in a way that I haven't experienced in other mobile titles.

But it's a 32-bit app, and once the next iOS comes out, I won't be able to play it on my phone anymore. Does anyone know if Cave has made statements re: updating their iOS titles to support 64-bit?

Also since this is my first time posting in this thread I also want to say that I would kill for a modern port of Dreamcasst Gunbird 2 on consoles or PC.
I don't think I've heard of Cave saying anything about that...or how much their mobile efforts even exist at this point.

Possibly semi related to Gunbird 2 though, Strikers 1945 and Gunbarich came out on Switch, and supposedly there'll be more stuff coming.

And not that it's a shmup, but Gunbarich is interesting cause a bunch of the assets appear to be high res redrawn artwork. Was there a mobile port or something before?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1-HvQcBeJM&t=2379s

There's a bunch of upcoming comiket shmups shown off there (among other things), but the timestamped trailer is an interesting one. The Galshell guy is still making games? And this one actually looks normal?

What a strange timeline this is.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

japtor posted:

I don't think I've heard of Cave saying anything about that...or how much their mobile efforts even exist at this point.

Possibly semi related to Gunbird 2 though, Strikers 1945 and Gunbarich came out on Switch, and supposedly there'll be more stuff coming.

And not that it's a shmup, but Gunbarich is interesting cause a bunch of the assets appear to be high res redrawn artwork. Was there a mobile port or something before?

I picked up Gunbarich! Fingers crossed for Gunbird 2.. The sprites look to me like they've been put through a Super Eagle style filter rather than redrawn.. That usually bothers me but in this case it looks pretty reasonable.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

techknight posted:

I picked up Gunbarich! Fingers crossed for Gunbird 2.. The sprites look to me like they've been put through a Super Eagle style filter rather than redrawn.. That usually bothers me but in this case it looks pretty reasonable.
Yeah played it a bit more the other day and the in game stuff is kinda random. Prerendered 3D models like the bosses still look low res along with some other stuff, others look like they've been put through a filter as you say. But the title screen and big character artworks and in between tutorials with Majoria and text/score displays appears redrawn/sourced from high res artwork..but not the high score screen which looks like a straight soft scale.

I might be particularly sensitive to all this cause I have the PCB. Game gets announced/released out of nowhere, then I expected straight up emulation like the Neo-Geo stuff, then :wtc: when I saw the title (with "for Nintendo Switch" on it even), character select, and tutorial screens with HD artwork. Hell it even has rumble support.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Apparently Ray Crisis got ported to iOS and is available now. Very cool since the PSX port is kinda bad, and last I checked the arcade emulation was missing the music still. Supports blutooth pads of course, and has a new remix soundtrack (the original is super good though). It's a really neat game, very short-form score attack type of shmup.

Also Rayforce and Raystorm are available as well, dunno how old that news is though.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Raiden V Director's Cut comes out September 19 on PS4: https://www.amazon.com/Raiden-Directors-Limited-Original-Soundtrack-PlayStation/dp/B0714JC17Z/

A Steam release has been confirmed but who knows if it'll be day-and-date.
The PC version now has a date of October 5, as well as store pages on Steam and GOG.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Game Tengoku CruisinMix now has a Steam page and has been dated for December 1.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Super Hydorah has been released on steam!

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

StrixNebulosa posted:

Super Hydorah has been released on steam!

Thanks for the heads up!

I just bought it however I feel there is some input lag (or maybe inertia?). Can any of you confirm if that's the case for you too?

I enjoyed the heck out of the original.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The developer designed this version around analog controls with programmed "micro-inertia". I think it's supposed to be disabled if you play with digital controls but maybe they hosed up.

More news: Battle Garegga Rev.2016 is getting a fully-localised worldwide release on XBI next week (September 29), and English PS4 versions of Battle Garegga and Dangun Feveron are also confirmed: http://m2stg.com/en/

EDIT: oh, and Raiden V Directors Cut is out on PS4 in Japan, if you'd rather not wait a few weeks for the official western release.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
http://nintendoeverything.com/zerodiv-bringing-zero-gunner-2-to-switch-soon-other-arcade-games-to-follow/

Zero Gunner 2 coming to Switch :dance:
(And Sengoku and more Gunbird and Strikers coming too)

Now if only they could get some deal worked out with Capcom to get Cannon Spike over.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

More news: Battle Garegga Rev.2016 is getting a fully-localised worldwide release on XBI next week (September 29), and English PS4 versions of Battle Garegga and Dangun Feveron are also confirmed: http://m2stg.com/en/

Out now on XB1, out at the end of the week on PS4.

The XB1 isn't out in every country, it skipped the UK and most of Europe but you can buy from the US or Germany or wherever without a lot of hassle.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Out now on XB1, out at the end of the week on PS4.

The XB1 isn't out in every country, it skipped the UK and most of Europe but you can buy from the US or Germany or wherever without a lot of hassle.

Has M2 made any peeps about a PC release?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

uiruki posted:

Anyone else pick up Strikers 1945, which has suddenly appeared on Switch (ported by Zerodiv of all people)? It feels to me like there are a couple of extra frames of lag, playing in portable mode.
I don't really know poo poo about shmups and I'm not especially good at any but I love the hell out of this game so far. I got Sine Mora at the same time because I hadn't been following the thread and that game's kind of garbage, but Strikers is hella fun.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

I thought the same thing when I picked up Strikers 2 for PS1 when it came out. Over the years since then, though, I've come to realize Psikyo games aren't really my cup of tea (at least the later ones, Strikers 1 is still good) because the stages are too short and the boss patterns are too fast, requiring safe spots to survive.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
For anyone playing stuff on their phones, apparently some former Cave guys got together to form a mobile company, Tanosimasu, and released Aka to Blue worldwide recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymP2YFTbiY8

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

That looks extremely DDP and I hope it gets ported to a real system eventually.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Hello! Danmaku Unlimited 3 is on sale on Steam! Is it worth picking up?

It looks like a solid but possibly unimpressive bullet hell? Just from my impressions of the gameplay footage.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
I played the 2nd one and wasnt impressed. Unless this one is dramatically improved, don’t bother.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Blue Revolver: Please Buy Our Game So We Can Eat This Year Edition has been announced as a free update scheduled for a January release.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Raiden V's out on PS4/PC, be sure to get the patch or the all-important social features will crash your game.

The Kins posted:

Blue Revolver: Please Buy Our Game So We Can Eat This Year Edition has been announced as a free update scheduled for a January release.

Good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Kins posted:

Everyone posting in this thread should buy this game btw

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

The Kins posted:

Didn't play Blue Revolver much, but I liked what I did play of it.

It just shows how much Steam Discoverability sucks. There should be like a special mini-portal in the client that spotlights cool shmups. It's way too easy for a lot of these games to fly under the radar.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007

japtor posted:

For anyone playing stuff on their phones, apparently some former Cave guys got together to form a mobile company, Tanosimasu, and released Aka to Blue worldwide recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymP2YFTbiY8

First time poster itt to post that I bought this game during my recrnt shmup kick. It's probably the most polished shmup on phones that isn't a port. It's pretty difficult if you're a neophyte to the genre like myself, has a neat bomb mechanic but seems quite light on content. Still well worth the asking price imo.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

BurningCourage posted:

First time poster itt to post that I bought this game during my recrnt shmup kick. It's probably the most polished shmup on phones that isn't a port. It's pretty difficult if you're a neophyte to the genre like myself, has a neat bomb mechanic but seems quite light on content. Still well worth the asking price imo.
Yeah it’s pretty solid from what I’ve played, still haven’t even gotten to stage 5 yet actually...but can’t say I’ve played super heavily either. I’ve been playing shmups for a while and it’s a good challenge for me, albeit I think a lot of it has to do with me sucking with the bomb mechanic and managing the charge. In a way it reminds me of the latter DDPs in that regard, it’s kinda like a simpler form of the hypers, do it right and you can recharge a chunk quickly.

In any case:

KennyMan666 posted:

That looks extremely DDP and I hope it gets ported to a real system eventually.
:yeah:

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
I managed to struggle to stage 5 myself, hit a sticking point vs the boss of that stage, since it gets real nasty real quick. While it's not a problem for the other stages, having part of the screen necessarily obscured at all times makes the stage 5 boss's patterns even harder to dodge through than they perhaps should be. The bomb mechanic is very aggressive and the later patterns seem to really want players to bomb like no tomorrow through them, since using bombs gets you more bombs than if one just saved them. I don't know if there's a TLB or any other modes once I finish stage 5, we'll have to see.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So I bought Deathsmiles from the Halloween sale knowing nothing except the kickass boss music.

Me: I'll just play to the end using as many continues as possible.
Me: Oh I made it through to stage 6 without using a continue. Sweet.
Me: STAGE 7 IS LIKE THE END OF METAL SLUG 3 WTF
Me: Well I think that's like 20 continues total.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
My own shmup purchases lately have been the current M2 Shottriggers releases on PS4 and Blue Revolver. The Shottrigger games are so far really goddamn good, even for someone like me who is newish to the games. If only they had proper European releases :(. I somehow managed a 1CC on Dangun Feveron Fever Mode so I guess that mode is insanely easy at first. I know there's some hidden triggers to make it hard but I didn't manage to do that! The Battle Garegga release is similarly good, would highly recommend both games for the PS4 owners here.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The next M2 Shottriggers release, Mahou Daisakusen, comes out in Japan this week (November 2):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUHQjH6TLOk

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

BurningCourage posted:

My own shmup purchases lately have been the current M2 Shottriggers releases on PS4 and Blue Revolver. The Shottrigger games are so far really goddamn good, even for someone like me who is newish to the games. If only they had proper European releases :(. I somehow managed a 1CC on Dangun Feveron Fever Mode so I guess that mode is insanely easy at first. I know there's some hidden triggers to make it hard but I didn't manage to do that! The Battle Garegga release is similarly good, would highly recommend both games for the PS4 owners here.

they will probably come out in europe because the french love shmups.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
I know Battle Garegga is on the EU German Xbox One store but somehow nowhere else in the EU :wtf:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Treasure are apparently still technically a thing:
https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/924132491350306816

In technically-a-shmup-but-not-the-kind-you're-really-into news, the mobile endless shmup thing Shooty Skies will be coming to Steam early next year with four different difficulty settings and seemingly the F2P stuff removed. I played a demo build at PAX Aus with the difficulty cranked up and it was faster and twitchier than I remember the mobile game being.

EDIT: Oh, and also, The Steam version of Astebreed will be getting a big free update soon, adding the PS4-exclusive improvements and such... but also raising the price to $20.

The Kins fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Oct 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Finally got a monitor with pivot, so now I can experience Eschatos in all of its tate glory. It's mindblowing, to say the least.