Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain_Maclaine posted:

The hypothetical character I've been playing in this will die as he lived: making GBS threads on bagels.

i have had the misfortune to encounter some metaphorical bagel-shitters irl these past few weeks, and i have come to reach a newfound sympathy with ancoms.

so. yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

deadgoon posted:

sometimes i do crazy poo poo and people dont like it and they call the cops and the cops show up and are like "could u pls, just stop, doing crazy poo poo, its scaring peopler, if u dont stop we will have to arrest u"

so ur saying that cops are necessary to protect society from u........ p badass

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
:shrek:
:bagl:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Condiv posted:

they are and i'm starting to become numb to it...

I just hope I can get out by the time this happens because wow it's not gonna be pleasant for anyone

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

:golfclap:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i for one will miss u when the wrong cop shows up 2 your meltdown and shoots u deadgoon

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

unless youre white in which case that probably wont happen

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

probably

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

the bitcoin of weed posted:

lol the GOP is going to rewrite the Constitution in 2019

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

lol the GOP is going to rewrite the Constitution in 2019

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Al! posted:

so ur saying that cops are necessary to protect society from u........ p badass

yes

Al! posted:

i for one will miss u when the wrong cop shows up 2 your meltdown and shoots u deadgoon

thank

Al! posted:

yeah

Al! posted:

probably

oh no

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Condiv posted:

texas has a good dem running now!

i'm so glad so many candidates that are bucking the traditional wisdom of the dem party are showing up. people that are saying "hey, maybe being insufferable cowards on every issue is costing us elections!"

i especially like how laura moser ties abortion rights to economic justice, not pretending it's just a social justice issue. the faster we do away with this notion of "economic justice" and "social justice" as separate concepts, the better imo

what was wrong with Wendy Davis? Was she not a good dem?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

ah the halcyon days of nite crew

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Condiv posted:

they are and i'm starting to become numb to it...

bring on westxit
wexit
leftit

i'm still brainstorming that part

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

zegermans posted:

what was wrong with Wendy Davis? Was she not a good dem?

she was pretty bad iirc

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

she was pretty bad iirc

why tho

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
this should probably bee here

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZolcPwwb6E&

"When you welcome people who voted TWICE for George W. Bush ? Then what's the loving point of your party. Your party should REPULSE those people. You should be making those people go "I don't wanna be in that party"

I like how idiots keep claiming Bernie supporters would be fully on board with pro-life candidates when it's been the exact opposite.

also this:

https://twitter.com/ActualFlatticus/status/892458775994564608

https://twitter.com/Fixer_guy/status/892593659467583488

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Al! posted:

If he's mentally I'll it'll probably still happen

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Or poor enough!
The GMs gotta force people to log out if they waste resources without contributing to the economy.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

jc is literally arguing at me that any parent that doesn't have health insurance for their kid in california is negligent, that the courts can be relied upon to only send parents of truant kids to jail when appropriate (even though there's no evidence it's ever appropriate), and that wanting to do away with punishment for truancy means we want to decriminalize child abuse :psyduck:

how are centrists becoming this authoritarian? :prepop:

do they honestly expect people to consider them the lesser of two evils when they think it's a good idea to send parents to jail cause their kids didn't attend class enough? :psyboom:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
They have always been this authoritarian. Actually, they have been more authoritarian than this.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Condiv posted:

jc is literally arguing at me that any parent that doesn't have health insurance for their kid in california is negligent, that the courts can be relied upon to only send parents of truant kids to jail when appropriate (even though there's no evidence it's ever appropriate), and that wanting to do away with punishment for truancy means we want to decriminalize child abuse :psyduck:

how are centrists becoming this authoritarian? :prepop:

do they honestly expect people to consider them the lesser of two evils when they think it's a good idea to send parents to jail cause their kids didn't attend class enough? :psyboom:

lol "becoming"

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

"The fascist president is letting his completely unelected stupid privileged family gently caress up the country. We should turn our gaze on Clinton's daughter for reasons."

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

zegermans posted:

"The fascist president is letting his completely unelected stupid privileged family gently caress up the country. We should turn our gaze on Clinton's daughter for reasons."

we should stop letting stupid privileged families gently caress up america. that's how

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Condiv posted:

we should stop letting stupid privileged families gently caress up america. that's how

Ok sure but like maybe yell at the ones with any sort of power currently

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
not so fast, bernie .free tuition would continue letting these one percenter children into college

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol that a lot of the poo poo that we're in wasn't as a result of bill clinton's policies.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

zegermans posted:

Ok sure but like maybe yell at the ones with any sort of power currently

the clintons have power :confused:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I'm just so mad at the Chelsea Clinton for letting Trump win by *looks up campaign involvement* uhhh giving a lovely intro speech at the DNC?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Really if you think about it Chelsea Clinton's worst action in life was not being ectopic.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

zegermans posted:

Really if you think about it Chelsea Clinton's worst action in life was not being ectopic.

you forgot the pancakes

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

zegermans posted:

I'm just so mad at the Chelsea Clinton for letting Trump win by *looks up campaign involvement* uhhh giving a lovely intro speech at the DNC?

zegermans posted:

she shouldn't be president, or a politician. ever

that probably makes you sad, but it shouldn't

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
nobody itt ever mentions bill clinton's other children, i wonder why that is

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Condiv posted:

the clintons have power :confused:

the clintons are not in office.

please ignore the fact that they exert an undue influence over the democratic party when their cargo cult republican policies are why they've lost so many state houses and control of both of the electable branches of federal government. because that poo poo doesn't count, apparently.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Condiv posted:

she shouldn't be president, or a politician. ever

I agree. She seems to do well at the foundation and in the Russian emails seemed to be the voice of reason in the whole shadow money thing that came back to bite them, but a tape of her speeches it it exists would put my colicky baby to sleep

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

http://observer.com/2015/03/california-prosecutor-falsifies-transcript-of-confession/

In this unpublished opinion from the Fifth Appellate District, the California Court of Appeal reveals that state prosecutors and California Attorney General Kamala Harris continue to be part of the problem. Kern County prosecutor Robert Murray committed “outrageous government misconduct.” Ms. Harris and her staff defended the indefensible—California State prosecutor Murray flat out falsified a transcript of a defendant’s confession.

Kern County prosecutor Robert Murray added two lines of transcript to “evidence” that the defendant confessed to an even more egregious offense than that with which he had been charged—the already hideous offense of molesting a child. With the two sentences that state’s attorney Murray perjuriously added, Murray was able to threaten charges that carried a term of life in prison.

Undaunted by the criminal conduct of a state prosecutor, or the district court’s opinion, Ms. Harris appealed the decision dismissing the indictment. According to the California attorney general, only abject physical brutality would warrant a finding of prosecutorial misconduct and the dismissal of an indictment. Fortunately for all of us—and the Constitution—she lost again.

This is Ms. Harris’ third strike in hardly as many months—and those are only the ones that have come to our attention.

There is the outrageous misconduct by the state court agents and investigators in the Sierra Pacific/Moonlight Fire case that caused a state judge to enter a multi-million judgment against Cal Fire. And only a few weeks ago, Ninth Circuit Judges Kozinski, Fletcher and Wardlaw saw misconduct so egregious that Judge Kozinski raised the specter of a perjury prosecution of the prosecutor during the oral argument. Attorney General Harris had to reverse course on that case, but she did so only after the Ninth Circuit judges made clear that she would not like the opinion that would be forthcoming if she did not correct it herself. In that case, Baca, the state court of appeal saw evidence that the prosecutor himself had committed perjury. If Ms. Harris’ office had its way, it all would have been swept under the rug.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

deadgoon posted:

god I love you

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

UHD posted:

why tho

Wendy Davis was and is a good Democrat who ran a bad campaign for Governor and was targeted by the GOP in her home district and lost her local election for Representative. She had some issues with her back story that came back to haunt her. There's a glass ceiling in Texas for all Democrats. Young Democrats who want to run usually have to do it in a safe Democratic District against politicians that have held the job for many years. Statewide elections are a death blow to Democrats. It's amazing to me that Beto O'Rourke is even trying it.

edit: she was a Senator from Ft. Worth, not Rep as I stated above.

radical meme has issued a correction as of 22:35 on Aug 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

deadgoon posted:

lmao

• Locked thread