Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FullLeatherJacket posted:

True, but there are probably cheaper ways to get your bathroom re-tiled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
According to the French evening news, the French taxman will earn €187m from Neymar's five year contract :pwn:

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

julian assflange posted:

According to the French evening news, the French taxman will earn €187m from Neymar's five year contract :pwn:

He must have some poo poo tier accountants.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

he's on 650k a week after tax which is i'll crunch the numbers real quick a loving lot of money over 5 years

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Those are social contributions I believe so no way around that I reckon. His income tax comes later, I expect he can make it disappear before then.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://twitter.com/JOE_co_uk/status/892694669276192768

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
L'Equipe is reporting that Mmmbop wants out

https://twitter.com/lequipe/status/892849434425532416

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
If you're spending that kind of money on international PR, couldn't you have got Messi instead? Neymar is Brazilian, he's a bit rougher around the edges and isn't going to do as many Pepsi adverts in the run up to the World Cup.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Hoops posted:

If you're spending that kind of money on international PR, couldn't you have got Messi instead? Neymar is Brazilian, he's a bit rougher around the edges and isn't going to do as many Pepsi adverts in the run up to the World Cup.

Neymar will be around for much longer than Messi, though.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

pik_d posted:

Neymar will be around for much longer than Messi, though.

He's Brazilian though...

He's gonna balloon out like Adriano and Ronaldo before he's 30 it's tradition

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

julian assflange posted:

if they hired some more tax people these numbers would come down

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Why did Matic go from the champions to 6th placed United? Other than +30% increased pay or whatever. Is the manager really that important?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

PirateBob posted:

Why did Matic go from the champions to 6th placed United? Other than +30% increased pay or whatever. Is the manager really that important?

Probably because Bakayoko took his spot in the starting lineup. Chelsea didn't want him anymore and United still paid £40 million.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

PirateBob posted:

He was declared surplus to requirements and was made to train on his own before being dropped from tour.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

hadji murad posted:

if they hired some more tax people these numbers would come down
The hilarious speculation is that Qatar will give him all of the money in cash on his first trip to Doha as pre-payment for his "World Cup Ambassador" duties and then he'd take a tiny salary at PSG, which would make it all basically tax-free.

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
please god, break all the fax machines in france and let neymar stay at barca

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

PirateBob posted:

Matic is actually very good and the exact type of player United's midfield needed. I'm not sure why you're going extra retarded about the transfer.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Take a xanax, Piratebob

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Everyone thought Matic was garbage for two seasons.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Matic is bad but PirateBob is worse

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

hadji murad posted:

Everyone thought Matic was garbage for two seasons.

One season where the entire Chelsea team was garbage and the other season where I assume Kante ousted him, that's undeniable proof he is a garbage man who should throw all his medals in the bin.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
:laffo:

https://twitter.com/Besiktas/status/892854264762179584

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Bacon Terrorist posted:

One season where the entire Chelsea team was garbage and the other season where I assume Kante ousted him, that's undeniable proof he is a garbage man who should throw all his medals in the bin.

You assumed wrong. He started most games over Fab and was from bad to average in his 30 some starts. He had one nice goal though. He's easily the player most people aren't concerned with losing.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Matic played in almost every game in which a team won the league, therefore he is.. poo poo?

e: counterpoint, danny simpson has a pl winners medal lmao

kcer fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Aug 3, 2017

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
He beat Fabregas to starts because Fab can't defend and he was identified to be replaced before the season even finished. Man U rate players based on transfer costs so no surprise people are thinking he's better than he is and they don't want to admit they have acquired another player Chelsea didn't want.

Johnny Lawrence
May 15, 2013
Neymar has his medical examination (in Portugal) and should be officialized this weekend in Paris, a big presentation is planned. Concerning the financial plan, we shall not know officially things before the publication of the results of UEFA, for the season 2018/2019.

It is Neymar who contacted the PSG, in the beginning of the summer.

Barcelona looks for treplacement, They have three targets : Griezmann, Couthino and Dembele. The last one seems the most realistic but Real would also want him.Barcelona would also like to take Mbappe. Conversations take place since 3 days but the PSG and the Real, have also some contacts. Zidane want him absolutely.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I hope my beautiful Antoine doesn't go to Barca, I don't want to hate him

edit: someone make a Liga thread

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

amazing

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Breaking News: La Liga has rejected an attempt by lawyers for Barcelona forward Neymar to pay his buyout clause of 222m euros (£198m). Spanish media say La Liga officials believe PSG are violating Uefa's Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.

This hissy fit from Barcelona and La Liga is hilarious :munch:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
UEFA has also asked PSG how they intend to fund the whole transfer, meaning they probably wont accept "Oh well its not technically going to be the club who is doing this"

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
I'm guessing this is going to end up in CAS, all parties will want it resolved before the season starts, so it could be there soon.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Breaking News: La Liga has rejected an attempt by lawyers for Barcelona forward Neymar to pay his buyout clause of 222m euros (£198m). Spanish media say La Liga officials believe PSG are violating Uefa's Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.

This hissy fit from Barcelona and La Liga is hilarious :munch:

Lol this is absolute bullshit from La Liga. It's essentially a Spanish employee presenting them with the money that enables him to buy himself out of his contract per Spanish law and as stipulated in his contract so how the gently caress can La Liga just ignore that. It's not like La Liga is part of the Spanish judiciary system, it's not even the Spanish FA. How Neymar got the money is something for UEFA and probably CAS to decide whether is legal or not.

Hegay fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Aug 3, 2017

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Johnny Lawrence posted:

Neymar has his medical examination (in Portugal) and should be officialized this weekend in Paris, a big presentation is planned. Concerning the financial plan, we shall not know officially things before the publication of the results of UEFA, for the season 2018/2019.

It is Neymar who contacted the PSG, in the beginning of the summer.

Barcelona looks for treplacement, They have three targets : Griezmann, Couthino and Dembele. The last one seems the most realistic but Real would also want him.Barcelona would also like to take Mbappe. Conversations take place since 3 days but the PSG and the Real, have also some contacts. Zidane want him absolutely.

Griezmann won't move in this window. Wonder why they won't try for Dybala.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Hegay posted:

Lol this is absolute bullshit from La Liga. It's essentially a Spanish employee presenting them with the money that enables him to buy himself out of his contract per Spanish law and as stipulated in his contract so how the gently caress can La Liga just ignore that. It's not like La Liga is part of the Spanish judiciary system, it's not even the Spanish FA. How Neymar got the money is something for UEFA and probably CAS to decide whether is legal or not.

This is great. I hope it drags on forever and both clubs start the season without Big 'Mar :D

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
How can they reject it though if Barca already accepted it?

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Transfer sagas which don't involve the club you support are great.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

How can they reject it though if Barca already accepted it?

The way it works is, the player transfers the money to La Liga, who accept the buy out and terminate the contract, and then pass the money on to the club.

I mean, that's technically how, how they think they have any right to deny the buy out is anyone's guess. The only reason Barcelona accepted it and hasn't filed an official complaint is because they're guilty as gently caress of doing the same thing a hundred times over, and they'd be instantly screwed, hence La Liga itself is the stalking horse.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

La Liga are probably mad that this drives down sponsorship revenue for the league or something to that effect. Neymar is big.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
a big fraud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
lol I hope this drags on for months.

• Locked thread