Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

They have historically spaced the expansions and paints throughout the campaign. Maybe they're starting earlier, but maybe not: "middle" is relative and it's already at half a million bucks. That being said, it may mean the core set is planned to be a little more conservative over the course of the campaign, maybe they're planning a smaller core set and more frequent expansions. No way to know yet, of course, so I guess we'll see.

Do always buy those paints though. They're very good and a buck-fifty per bottle is a great price point. These kickstarters have basically outfitted 90% of my paint collection.

e:

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
drat near forgot they were launching today. This'll be the first time I'm not wave one.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

JackMann posted:

drat near forgot they were launching today. This'll be the first time I'm not wave one.

You bring great shame upon your family.

Chronoscope unlocked (meh) and revealed Trolls! Finally an add on I don't really care about.

Though if you want a Kings of War Goblin army this is a great way to start.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Outside of this kickstarter, is there any way to get a good bunch of miniatures for a reasonable price? I'd kinda like to paint some minis and maybe use them for D&D prior to 2019.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Outside of this kickstarter, is there any way to get a good bunch of miniatures for a reasonable price? I'd kinda like to paint some minis and maybe use them for D&D prior to 2019.

Anything from Bones 1-3 that's been released at retail. The point of the kickstarter is to get the molds made so that they can sell them as regular products. They're cheaper through the kickstarter, but buying them individually now lets you pick and choose what you get and it's still significantly cheaper than hard plastic or metal miniatures. They'll often even have both choices available on the webstore for models that have already had a Bones version produced.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Yea, the Kickstarter will get you models for ridiculous prices (I think it was 150 models for $100 with the Bones 3 core set), but the point of Bones is to make decent miniatures at a low price. Most human--sized models are around $3, and you can get monsters for around $5-$6. You can also get packs of 3 similar dudes for around $7. Big monsters like dragons are usually around $20.

This means you can easily get miniatures for a DnD party for about $15, and probably outfit an adventure for $100 (assuming 5 heroes, a big monster like a dragon, and something like 20 assorted minions and a handful of bigger/more distinct enemies.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Is there not a single sculptor on this planet who has ever seen a titty?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Cat Face Joe posted:

"How would you know it's a woman if it didn't have giant breasts?"
"It's small, you have to accentuate the details so people know what they're looking at."
"It's art, not reality."
"It's what our sculptors like to do and we can't stop them."
"It's what our customers want."

Pick one.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Cat Face Joe posted:

You basically answered your own question.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Well, I would hazard a guess that at least Victoria Lamb has a seen a couple, but she's also not one of Reaper's regular sculptors.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Julie Guthrie too, but she mostly does dragons these days.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

JackMann posted:

Julie Guthrie too, but she mostly does dragons these days.

Do the dragons have boobs?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Cat Face Joe posted:

Do the dragons have boobs?

Haven't you heard of the Boob Dragon?

Guess what it 'breathes'?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

adhuin posted:

Breasts? Milk? Breasts that breathe milk like little grenades?

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

adhuin posted:

Loneliness?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

adhuin posted:

Breathmilk

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Atlas Hugged posted:

Breasts? Milk? Breasts that breathe milk like little grenades?

Bad Munki posted:

Breathmilk

all good guesses

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Save VS. Bleed? :emo:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Real talk, though. Guthrie and Garrity make some of the best female minis in the industry, and the fact that Reaper got them both on board in their early years has made their catalog a lot better than many of their competitors. Doesn't make up for the lovely stuff, but at least they do have a lot of female adventurers who look like they're actually out to go travel, explore and fight. I wish more of their sculptors today would follow in that example.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Both Guthrie and Garrity will sculpt unrealistic boobs, though: they're both responsible for producing something resembling the concept art, and Reaper knows perfectly well that the titty models sell. It's heartening to see that they're mixing in more non-titty female models these days, including some really great armored women who don't have boob plate... but yeah, neither of those sculptors have drawn a line and refused to carve a bulbous, oversized, unnaturally perky tit when requested.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
If I have to paint giant demon tits, I'm gonna make them red with purple nipples.

I just realized I might be part of the problem here. :smith:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Like anyone here has seen what demon tits look like irl anyway :colbert:

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Well, glad to see the new Reaper Bones kickstarter has started. I got a few from the last one, it turned out pretty well. Not sure I want to go in a whole $100 for the core set, but I'll at least get a couple of the smaller sets. We'll see how the core set evolves over the kickstarter, if they add anything I particularly want.

I even got a Sir Forscale, so I can paint him up and pose him next to things in the future! That little guy sure gets around in these kickstarters.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I'm really glad that a two of the add-ons so far are cutesy novelties that I don't really want.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Considering I buy the without the intention of ever using them in a game, I welcome gimmicks.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It's a matter of taste, I guess. I'm never going to use that Baba Yaga hut in a game but I'm drat sure gonna buy it.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I do that too, but I am also not that interested in the addons so far. Maybe trolls, I like trolls fine.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I am absolutely buying a set of dice-dudes.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

gotta get that sabertooth pug

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Cat Face Joe posted:

gotta get that sabertooth pug
It's a trap to get you to buy the trolls set!

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The High Rollers would make great Modrons

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

It's a trap to get you to buy the trolls set!

*makes eye contact with u as i step into the spike pit*

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I am glad there is a variety of cool figures for everyone to enjoy :)

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I hope they'll have more a la carte options as it goes on. I'd like the minitaurs and/or dino troopers but I'm probably not gonna splash out for all of their respective sets.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
At some point they should add each of the core stretch goals as separate add-ons, once they have unlocked enough of them. They don't break up add-ons or expansions into smaller add-ons, though. So, you'll probably be able to buy the set of minitaurs, but not the dino troopers by themselves without buying the whole Chronoscope expansion.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
That wyvern is making the core set REALLY hard to ignore this time around. drat them.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Peas and Rice posted:

That wyvern is making the core set REALLY hard to ignore this time around. drat them.

We should set up a swap list in this thread. I want the core for almost everything but the dragon and the wyvern (so far).

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 4, 2017

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I want like six of those wyverns, nothing like a swarm of wyverns to get rekt by.

Imazul
Sep 3, 2006

This was actually a lot more bearable than most of you made it out to be.
I have like 20 Bones dragons and I can't even remember them making a small wyvern...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Indolent Bastard posted:

We should set up a swap list in this thread. I want the core for almost everything but the dragon and the wyvern (so far).

I'd be up for that, but honestly there's very little in the core set I don't want right now.

Imazul posted:

I have like 20 Bones dragons and I can't even remember them making a small wyvern...

Me too. And I've only painted one. And my daughter almost finished painting another one. But the one I painted is Ebonwrath and he looks baller AF.

• Locked thread