Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

VikingSkull posted:

eagerly awaiting the days where Cup guys are banned, Cup teams still dominate, and the flavor of the week drivers make it to Cup for a season before getting demolished

So... the 1990s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

They aren't learning anything when Kyle laps the field with superior equipment.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Norns posted:

maybe......

ban the superior equipment?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Okay

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

eagerly awaiting the days where Cup guys are banned, Cup teams still dominate, and the flavor of the week drivers make it to Cup for a season before getting demolished

Are you poo poo talking MY MAN Hut Stricklin?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I like how Kyle Busch has become my most hated driver just simply from continuing to pull this poo poo.

what a loving douche bag.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I would think that all the teams owned by Cup drivers will shut down. Sponsors won't pay nearly as much when it's Joe Noname instead of Brad K or Kyle driving. The teams will lose more money than they already do and that will be that.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Norns posted:

getting your rear end handed to you by big names in joe gibbs equipment is exactly what they need to learn to be in cup

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm sure the other series are aware of what's going on in cup

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

daslog posted:

I would think that all the teams owned by Cup drivers will shut down. Sponsors won't pay nearly as much when it's Joe Noname instead of Brad K or Kyle driving. The teams will lose more money than they already do and that will be that.

This is horrible to say, but if XFinity collapses because of it's current model? I'd say good riddance.

Let me clarify. I think NASCAR having a national touring series that would run venues and places Cup doesn't go would be awesome. But often times seeing Kyle Busch sweep a race weekend at Kansas is garbage racing.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Xfinity needs the midfield teams back. That's not going to happen no matter what NASCAR does because Xfinity is a bloated corpse of a series.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

VikingSkull posted:

maybe......

ban the superior equipment?

Well Kyle is a giant dick and he's banned from a lot of races.

Mission Accomplished!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

FuzzySkinner posted:

This is horrible to say, but if XFinity collapses because of it's current model? I'd say good riddance.

Let me clarify. I think NASCAR having a national touring series that would run venues and places Cup doesn't go would be awesome. But often times seeing Kyle Busch sweep a race weekend at Kansas is garbage racing.

they need to let xfinity die and start bringing trucks back to short tracks like pikes peak and south boston instead of largely sharing the calender with cup so it has its own identity beyond 'i dunno it's like cup but with trucks instead'

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm pretty sure I say it once a week. Kill xfinity and invest in truck.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Isn't Xfinity already mostly taken over by rich kids like every other racing feeder series?

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Nice title, iospace ☺️

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

financially racist posted:

they need to let xfinity die and start bringing trucks back to short tracks like pikes peak and south boston instead of largely sharing the calender with cup so it has its own identity beyond 'i dunno it's like cup but with trucks instead'

Hell you could even run the same day as Cup if you wanted.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

It's bad enough that they actually race in the lower series, but most of the drivers affected by this ruling are polarizing at best and hated at worst. I automatically want to do things because Kyle Busch hates them. Can't help it.

No one would want *insert star pitcher for the Minnesota Twins :laugh:* to go pitch for the indy league St. Paul Saints.

Go race sprints dudes. If your teams only exist because of you racing then let them die.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Elitist Bitch posted:

It's bad enough that they actually race in the lower series, but most of the drivers affected by this ruling are polarizing at best and hated at worst. I automatically want to do things because Kyle Busch hates them. Can't help it.

No one would want *insert star pitcher for the Minnesota Twins :laugh:* to go pitch for the indy league St. Paul Saints.

Go race sprints dudes. If your teams only exist because of you racing then let them die.

I mean in the old days you had guys like Foyt, Andretti, The Unsers run stock cars, indycars, sportscars, sprint cars all over the place trying to earn a paycheck and overall just defining themselves as the best to ever suit up.

I'm sure guys who ran NASCAR proper also did the same thing. I apologize but my background is primarily Indy so my first point of reference is gonna be to those dudes.

You also had guys like Foyt, Stewart run short track things and very quietly did so to help out a short track owner, give away his earnings to the 2nd place drivers...things of that note.

Kyle isn't doing anything of note like I just typed up. He's doing it stat pad and generally make watching those races an exercise in futility.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

That's the worst part of it all. He's a giant drilldo just trying to stat pad.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Hey guys and girls, the NASCAR heads are dumb so nothing you hope for will happen.

:q:

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

FuzzySkinner posted:

It's not the end of the world for the series. It will just become a pay driver series for rich kids like SRA.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

loving LOL:
http://www.stscene.com/2017/08/02/kyle-busch-stripped-dixieland-250-victory-post-race-weight-dq/

At least someone refuses to deal with Rowdy's nonsense.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

See? loving guy cheats to go beat up on folks in Super Mods. What the gently caress

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

daslog posted:

Sponsors won't pay nearly as much when it's Joe Noname instead of Brad K or Kyle driving. The teams will lose more money than they already do and that will be that.

And it's that bullshit which started this in the first place in both NXS and Trucks. Why pay for John Edward Burton Burton when you can get Kyle Busch at half-price?

daslog posted:

It's not the end of the world for the series. It will just become a pay driver series for rich kids like SRA.

It's basically going to be K&N at the NXS level.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

daslog posted:

It already is :ssh:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
But that's already motorsports in general. If you don't have money to get your foot in the door, lol gently caress you.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

L_Harrison posted:

But that's already motorsports in general. If you don't have money to get your foot in the door, lol gently caress you.

Pretty much this

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I was thinking if NASCAR had kinda allowed Busch, Trucks to become their own touring series how that would have panned out during the 90's and 2000's.

Maybe leaving Cup to kinda serve as the defacto "southern" touring series and keeping traditional venues on the schedule. (save for adding 1 date each at NHMS, IMS, Fontana and Texas).

Perhaps somehow making "Busch" cars compatible with Cup cars in some manner as well? In that manner allowing teams from that series to enter drivers in the "Winston Million/Grand Slam" events.

I don't know, it just feels like if NASCAR would have done this they could have had their cake and ate it too. They could have kept their southern/core fanbase happy while expanding to the midwest/west coast.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

FuzzySkinner posted:

I was thinking if NASCAR had kinda allowed Busch, Trucks to become their own touring series how that would have panned out during the 90's and 2000's.

Maybe leaving Cup to kinda serve as the defacto "southern" touring series and keeping traditional venues on the schedule. (save for adding 1 date each at NHMS, IMS, Fontana and Texas).

Perhaps somehow making "Busch" cars compatible with Cup cars in some manner as well? In that manner allowing teams from that series to enter drivers in the "Winston Million/Grand Slam" events.

I don't know, it just feels like if NASCAR would have done this they could have had their cake and ate it too. They could have kept their southern/core fanbase happy while expanding to the midwest/west coast.

As an Indy fan you have to known that's a bad idea

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

finally heard the audio.

https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNASCAR/status/892469015297306626

Holy poo poo what a loving douche bag.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

no, please, don't go

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Kyle Busch is a garbage human

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

The thing is, NASCAR never put in place any safeguards against this. I think had Kyle been unable to do this from the outset, we'd never be talking about it.

though he'd still probably be a whiny as gently caress brat.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

D-D-D-D-DOUBLE POST: https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-changes-overtime-line-937855/

OT line is dead, GWC back.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Norns posted:

"I DID IT CUZ I WAS BORED AND WANTED SOMETHING FUN TO DO!"

Jesus loving christ. You know what Stewart did to scratch that itch? Ran some drat dirt tracks. You know what Foyt was doing at one point during the 80's? Ran IMSA, Ran Cup, Ran Sprints (looking for proof. I swear he did even during the twilight of his career), and Ran Indy. He got his own team to do all that insane poo poo. Christ he had his own IMSA team!

http://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/1988/Daytona-1988-01-31-001b.jpg

Joe Gibbs enabling this poo poo is also equally awful.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 2, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lmao loving NASCAR

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

If Joe Gibbs left nascar the sport would be at least 20 percent more watchable.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

dentist toy box posted:

If Joe Gibbs left nascar the sport would be at least 20 percent more watchable.

When the team was Bobby Labonte and Tony Stewart? That was fun as hell to see.

I used to dislike Roush Racing in the same way for some unknown reason. Then I discovered his history in IMSA and was kinda blown away at how cool that team was. Plus Stenhouse is now okay to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

N: http://www.qvc.com/Dale-Earnhardt-Jr-Axalta-1%3A24-%22Last-Ride%22-Die-Cast-Car.product.H213929.html

V: :fap:

• Locked thread