Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Mighty Dicktron posted:

She's talking about Knuckle Bine, the Absolute Boy.

That's a weird way to spell pariston

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Shugojin posted:

That's a weird way to spell pariston
Chimera Ant Arc, not Election Arc. :colbert:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
My first thought was Ikalgo, really. I remember people really liking him and stuff.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

You all are choosing such weird ways to spell Meleoron.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
The best character in the chimera ant arc is hotly contested but it's a tie between Morel and Kuwabara

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I mean I thought things got weird when Gon and friends found themselves trying to get into a billion dollar real life video game to find his dad by beating his dad's serial killer friend at dodgeball. But now that there is an infestation of life size bug-human hybrids in bizzaro North Korea that are collecting humans to breed super bugs, I just don't know what to think. There is a much more violent and disturbing tone in this arc. Things have gotten real, and I like it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I mean I thought things got weird when Gon and friends found themselves trying to get into a billion dollar real life video game to find his dad by beating his dad's serial killer friend at dodgeball. But now that there is an infestation of life size bug-human hybrids in bizzaro North Korea that are collecting humans to breed super bugs, I just don't know what to think. There is a much more violent and disturbing tone in this arc. Things have gotten real, and I like it.

Wait until you get to the shenanigans in this arc :getin:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

dragon quest came out in japan this week. so no more chapters this year

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The chimera ant arc, aka the Ikalgo saga.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

the fact that the series went from real life video game to whatever the chimera ant arc is is why I love HxH so much

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

mabels big day posted:

the fact that the series went from real life video game to whatever the chimera ant arc is is why I love HxH so much

Yeah I really love it and don't want it to end :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Greed Island is a, I figure, underappreciated arc

it's good

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Greed Island is a, I figure, underappreciated arc

it's good

It's tied with the Hunter Exam for my favorite arc. Both have a sense of wonder to them that the other arcs lack, and I like that a lot.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm watching the anime right now and I've got like ten episodes left but I'm gonna go ahead and say I liked the Chimera Ant arc more than Greed Island but it went on for too long. I honestly had just remarked to myself during the episode right before Meruem kicks it that they're gonna be fighting this motherfucker for 20 more episodes

I liked Kurapika's mafia bullshit arc the most

e: I also could not believe the King was literally Cell. he's just Cell, y'all

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nah. he looks like cell, but they aren't very similar once he gets past his newborn "rawr i'm a hungry monster and also kind of a dick" phase.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

He and Netero are both Buddhas

check them long earlobes

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
All the arcs have really neat ways of being summarized but at the same time throwing you for a loop. I used to like Yorknew the most but honestly, after watching the 2011 anime twice and re-reading the manga at different points during the last 3 years, I can confidently say that I pretty much dig ALL of the series in more or less equal terms, even if sometimes there's not enough Leorio.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

It will never end if you read it slowly enough.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
only thing I didn't like about Greed Island was how they bothered to heal the bad guy team at the end. Like I'm ok with them not killing those guys or anything but these guys have spent the entire arc being huge irredeemable assholes murdering innocent people for no reason, don't treat them with respect at the end as if they did anything to deserve it.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

only thing I didn't like about Greed Island was how they bothered to heal the bad guy team at the end. Like I'm ok with them not killing those guys or anything but these guys have spent the entire arc being huge irredeemable assholes murdering innocent people for no reason, don't treat them with respect at the end as if they did anything to deserve it.

Other characters have noted that Gon's moral sensibilities are a bit...off. I don't think Togashi intended to suggest that Genthru and friends deserved the heal.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Gon is one weird loving kid

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

No one said it? Oh well:

You're in luck then.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Honestly the thing that fucks me up about Gon the most is that he had no interest in learning about his mom and stopped the tape. What is going on in that head of his?

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Silver2195 posted:

Other characters have noted that Gon's moral sensibilities are a bit...off. I don't think Togashi intended to suggest that Genthru and friends deserved the heal.

I think what was going through Gon's head was that he would heal Killua who has killed many people, some of them innocent, so he would be a hypocrite if he left the Bombers when he could have healed them just because they are killers.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So if Harkenburg's nen beast is a blend of cyclops, goat, and maybe owl talons. And if I assume that the guards being dead was part of a vision as per the Cyclops myth. What significance does a feather have here?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Silver2195 posted:

Goreinu even objects to healing them. Killua then points out that he has killed far more people then Genthru and unlike the people Genthru killed were not prepared to die as everyone entered Greed Island knowing the risks so it's a bit hypocritical to still give him the card. Though Goreinu states the difference is that he likes Killua.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

So if Harkenburg's nen beast is a blend of cyclops, goat, and maybe owl talons. And if I assume that the guards being dead was part of a vision as per the Cyclops myth. What significance does a feather have here?

His beast has feathers. It may have pricked him with one to show him the future.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Killua is my friend

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

His beast has feathers. It may have pricked him with one to show him the future.

It looks like it's covered in fur, but those things surrounding the face could be feathers I guess.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
I caught up last week and the only thing giving me any hope is the fact that this latest batch of chapters is really aggressively paced. Stuff might start to pop off in the next two or three years!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

It looks like it's covered in fur, but those things surrounding the face could be feathers I guess.
It looks like feathers to me.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I'm definitely seeing fur more than feathers for the body. Especially since it looks like it originates on the spine and drapes over each respective side, that's a longhaired goat.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The one eye also might suggest clairvoyance to me at least.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

I'm definitely seeing fur more than feathers for the body. Especially since it looks like it originates on the spine and drapes over each respective side, that's a longhaired goat.

It seems to be perched on his shoulders like a bird though. A goat-bird.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

CharlestonJew posted:

Gon beating Genthuru ended up saving his rear end twice over when you think about it. If Gon hadn't subdued him, the Spiders would have had to do so to get their nen eraser for Chrollo.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
gons morality is ridiculous. hes completely fine with mass murderers as long as they're his buddies. however the person he hates the most in the series was defending her queen from an invasion and happened to hurt someone he liked. it's not consistent at all and he's a little bit insane

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

tbp posted:

gons morality is ridiculous. hes completely fine with mass murderers as long as they're his buddies. however the person he hates the most in the series was defending her queen from an invasion and happened to hurt someone he liked. it's not consistent at all and he's a little bit insane

actually what neferpitou did was unnecessary

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

mabels big day posted:

To my surprise, there are people on Internet who don't like the super entertaining Battle Royale in a boat with a dozen sides.

I think they should go and read One Piece instead. :colbert:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

tbp posted:

Gon's anger at Pitou is as much anger at himself for being too useless to help kite. That's why he basically kamikazed Pitou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Gon's great because he's got Goku or Luffy's morality but they pretty much call out how hosed up it is.