Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

TheChirurgeon posted:

Man gently caress you if you are actually trying to get away with that in a game

If you didn't have the discussion before the game, you don't get to have it during imo

Also, Night Lords spoilers are up and they are goddamn incredible. Warlord trait is basically no-CP, totally free Command Rerolls for your warlord, the stratagem makes only the literal first shooting attack against you be at peak effect and the -LD debuff from their chapter tactic can stack. Clear winners among the Legions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

This is excellent.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Played my Alpha Legion-inspired Primaris for the first time against Dark Angels.

My list was: 2 auto rifle lieutenants, 3 5-man boltrifle intercessor squads, 2 5-man grav chute bolter reiver squads and 2 plasma incinerator hellblaster squads.

Infiltrating boltrifle intercessors are REALLY loving good. One of them took out an entire tactical squad in the first turn because I infiltrated them pretty aggressively into rapid fire range.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

On which note - I pulled the trigger on the AdMech today. 2 of the Start Collecting boxes and a Triumvirate for Cawl (and Celestine/Greyfax just because they're cool looking toys I wanna paint). Looking forward to playing with some robot priests!

Yesssss! Welcome to the club.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Zuul the Cat posted:

I only have 2 Kastelan's at the moment, but i've been running them with the datasmith and my tech-priest dominus behind them. They did work against my friends Necrons last game, but I lost one to shooting against some Immortals.

The one unit that really surprised me were the Fulgurite Electro-Priests. I know they seem lovely on paper, but man they are mean as hell. Dishing out those mortal wounds on 6's is just brutal. I only had 5 of them and ran them in between my Kastelan Robots and my Tech-Priest/Datasmith. They first charged a unit of scarabs (which took 2 turns to wipe), then charged a command barge, which fled out of combat. They they turned around and charged a unit of warriors and killed them. They finally died to mass combined shooting from an annihilation barge, the command barge, the immortals and a 2nd unit of warriors.

If AdMech ever get a transport, Fulgurite Electro-Priests are going to be a top tier unit.

A transport, a flyer, a BIGGER ROBOT or a robopysker in a box would be awesome. On the subject of Electro-Clowns, I've seen a dude at my FLGS play them and they're disgustingly strong but they're just so gosh darn ugly I won't ever let them in my force. I have a strict "you have to be 'this' cool to die for me in battle" rule. I'd have to settle for Rustwalkers.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Really? I like how they look. They look like absolute mad men. It's probably the blindfolds they're all wearing. I have to paint some of mine up.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Yeah the priests look awesome.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Anyone know if the Triumvirate of the Imperium models are normal plastic or are they finecast? I really want the inquisitor model but I remember getting frustrated as hell with the last character model I bought being made of bubblecast.

Also Black Templars and Witch Hunters is fluffy right, being all Psyker hating fanatics?

Cainer
May 8, 2008
I don't know, they just don't do it for me. Need more robo pieces and/or cooler robes.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
They kinda look like Quan Chi experimenting with new bondage gear to me.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

richyp posted:

Anyone know if the Triumvirate of the Imperium models are normal plastic or are they finecast? I really want the inquisitor model but I remember getting frustrated as hell with the last character model I bought being made of bubblecast.

Also Black Templars and Witch Hunters is fluffy right, being all Psyker hating fanatics?
They're plastic. GW doesn't really release new models in finecast anymore though there have been some exceptions recently like the Canoness and SLAMBO.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Safety Factor posted:

They're plastic. GW doesn't really release new models in finecast anymore though there have been some exceptions recently like the Canoness and SLAMBO.

I was hoping you were going to say finecast because I'll probably buy them now which means Inquisition purchases and some Ad-mech stuff too (can't have Cawl all by himself now :( )

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

richyp posted:

I was hoping you were going to say finecast because I'll probably buy them now which means Inquisition purchases and some Ad-mech stuff too (can't have Cawl all by himself now :( )
If all you want is Inquisitor Greyfax, just check ebay. You'll be able to find her separately no problem, probably for around $20, and won't be stuck with a $70-$80 box with models you don't want.

Of course, if you actually want Cawl and Celestine feel free to ignore me.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Fluff-wise is there any reason Sisters of Silence and Black Templars would not be BFFs? Seems like they'd be good allies on both the table and lore.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

Fluff-wise is there any reason Sisters of Silence and Black Templars would not be BFFs? Seems like they'd be good allies on both the table and lore.

The Sisters of Silence have barely been fleshed out at all in the 41st millennium so there really isn't an answer to that question.

As of 30k the Imperial Fists and the Sisters were fine with each other as far as I'm aware.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Quick check: if I'm using Codex SM and we're playing with PL, I don't pay any cost for a Relic, do I?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

richyp posted:

I am enjoying this sudden uptick in AdMech players. Cawl is a beast. Even just in the Index alone he's good, but I have a feeling he'll be even more so when the codex comes out.

So, i've decided to aim for 100 PL for my Howling Griffons. Total i'll have:

HQ:
Captain in Gravis Armor
Primaris Lt. x2

Elites:
Primaris Ancient
Apothecary
Redemptor Dreadnought

Troops:
Intercessors x10
Intercessors x10

Fast Attack:
Inceptors x6

Heavy Support:
Hellblasters x5

Transport:
Repulsor

I know it won't win me any tournaments, but i'll probably walk the two intercessor squads, put the HQ's, Apothecary and Hellblasters in the Repulsor and walk the Redemptor with them. As cool as the Reivers look, I don't know if I want to add them, as it'll take me up above 100 PL. (points wise, i'm just shy of 1800 pts with this.)

Zuul the Cat fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 2, 2017

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

moths posted:

They'd get along. Greyfax loving loves her some Templars as well.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pendent posted:

The Sisters of Silence have barely been fleshed out at all in the 41st millennium so there really isn't an answer to that question.

As of 30k the Imperial Fists and the Sisters were fine with each other as far as I'm aware.

It's amazing to me they got plastic models before SOB did.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Well FW threw their weight behind them, but now they've hit the lady model curse again as it doesn't look like they're getting any serious releases for HH for ages.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SteelMentor posted:

Well FW threw their weight behind them, but now they've hit the lady model curse again as it doesn't look like they're getting any serious releases for HH for ages.
They just got their transport and are getting a dual pistol arm pack soon for some reason. Don't get me wrong, they're still missing some units/upgrade packs, but the basic plastic kit put them in a pretty decent place with its three build options. They're really only missing an identifiable HQ option, the weird assassin/command squad, and the animal handlers with their associated cyber dogs or whatever. Maybe an upgrade pack to differentiate the elite melee squad from the regular melee squad?

FW focused on the Custodes first, but now they're pretty much done so I could see the Sisters of Silence getting some attention. Or maybe they might finally get around to Space Wolves.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Safety Factor posted:

They just got their transport and are getting a dual pistol arm pack soon for some reason. Don't get me wrong, they're still missing some units/upgrade packs, but the basic plastic kit put them in a pretty decent place with its three build options. They're really only missing an identifiable HQ option, the weird assassin/command squad, and the animal handlers with their associated cyber dogs or whatever. Maybe an upgrade pack to differentiate the elite melee squad from the regular melee squad?

FW focused on the Custodes first, but now they're pretty much done so I could see the Sisters of Silence getting some attention. Or maybe they might finally get around to Space Wolves.

It've been nice to at least release a character so that you can run independant Sisters forces, they feel really tacked on to the Cusodes right now and that's a shame.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SteelMentor posted:

It've been nice to at least release a character so that you can run independant Sisters forces, they feel really tacked on to the Cusodes right now and that's a shame.
Yeah, their range of options is unfortunately pretty limited. They're not really viable as a standalone army, but maybe that suits them? They are a really good allied force in 30k and are much better off now that the transport is released. It's even an assault transport (7th ed rules) and the Oblivion Knights are pretty scary. Hell, even their heavy support flamer squad (still lacking a grenade launcher upgrade pack) will benefit from the Kharon.

Really though, they need models for the Pursuer Cadre. I want need to see cyber-jackals with flamethrowers for mouths.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Played my Alpha Legion-inspired Primaris for the first time against Dark Angels.

My list was: 2 auto rifle lieutenants, 3 5-man boltrifle intercessor squads, 2 5-man grav chute bolter reiver squads and 2 plasma incinerator hellblaster squads.

Infiltrating boltrifle intercessors are REALLY loving good. One of them took out an entire tactical squad in the first turn because I infiltrated them pretty aggressively into rapid fire range.

Have you painted these guys to look like Alpha Legion? I love that so many people are bringing back loyalist traitor legions. I'm doing thousand sons myself. Although they don't quite fit the rules well, in terms of so fewer psykers in a primaris army. That said, thousand sons have their own stealth/terror cults and such, the pyrae cults for fire, and they specialized in plasma tech from zhao-arkhaad so it fits surprisingly well.

Post some pics of your dudes!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

GreenMarine posted:

Have you painted these guys to look like Alpha Legion? I love that so many people are bringing back loyalist traitor legions. I'm doing thousand sons myself. Although they don't quite fit the rules well, in terms of so fewer psykers in a primaris army. That said, thousand sons have their own stealth/terror cults and such, the pyrae cults for fire, and they specialized in plasma tech from zhao-arkhaad so it fits surprisingly well.

Post some pics of your dudes!

I painted them purple to be similar to their pre-heresy scheme!

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 2, 2017

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Observe my rangers that I spent way too much time on. Still need a brown wash on the guns.

http://imgur.com/4qAHinF.jpg

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The Deleter posted:

Observe my rangers that I spent way too much time on. Still need a brown wash on the guns.

http://imgur.com/4qAHinF.jpg

Where is your red in honor of Mars!? :colbert:

I actually really love blue rangers. Are you going to black/white the mechanicum symbol on their chests?

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

LingcodKilla posted:

It's amazing to me they got plastic models before SOB did.

Chaos Orks and Squats will likely get plastic models before the Sisters. :cry:

I had a chaos ork in the late 80's and he rocked, mostly lead but rocked none the less. If only I hadn't covered his unprimed self in enamel paint and lost him.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Zuul the Cat posted:

Where is your red in honor of Mars!? :colbert:

I actually really love blue rangers. Are you going to black/white the mechanicum symbol on their chests?

I might pick that out in gold or something - doing neat lines on tiny details makes me sweat.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
So am I late to realising that cover makes invulnerable saves hilariously effective? The wording on cover is the same as with all is dust in that it adds one to the save not the armour save, and invulnerable saves arent affected by enemy weapons AP, so a 3++ becomes functionally a 2++ against shooting.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Artum posted:

So am I late to realising that cover makes invulnerable saves hilariously effective? The wording on cover is the same as with all is dust in that it adds one to the save not the armour save, and invulnerable saves arent affected by enemy weapons AP, so a 3++ becomes functionally a 2++ against shooting.

Invuln saves don't benefit from cover. Check out the 'Terrain and Cover' box on pg181

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

xtothez posted:

Invuln saves don't benefit from cover. Check out the 'Terrain and Cover' box on pg181

Ah, right.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I loved the "There are only supposed to be a few dozen traitor marines left, so this means we have inflicted an amazing 6000% casualties!"

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Played first game with the marine codex in any case, lost since my opponent was running 3 storm talons and I just dont have enough anti tank guns but was a fun game none the less. Biggest thing I managed was dropping orbital bombardment on his msu tactical squads and storm talons and basically cutting his army in half. Disappointingly my aggressors died to my opponents first turn of shooting after getting toasted by like 4-5 las cannon shots but given that they're 6 power I couldn't feel too annoyed. Inceptors are still overcosted garbage as they killed a single combat squad and then they got gunned down.

Ill probably replace the inceptors with the 10 man knife reivers once I get them assembled and the apothecary and repulsor will go a long way to making my aggressors work and help on anti tank.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Artum posted:

Played first game with the marine codex in any case, lost since my opponent was running 3 storm talons and I just dont have enough anti tank guns but was a fun game none the less. Biggest thing I managed was dropping orbital bombardment on his msu tactical squads and storm talons and basically cutting his army in half. Disappointingly my aggressors died to my opponents first turn of shooting after getting toasted by like 4-5 las cannon shots but given that they're 6 power I couldn't feel too annoyed. Inceptors are still overcosted garbage as they killed a single combat squad and then they got gunned down.

Ill probably replace the inceptors with the 10 man knife reivers once I get them assembled and the apothecary and repulsor will go a long way to making my aggressors work and help on anti tank.

Remember he auto loses if he only has flyers left.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

MonsterEnvy posted:

Remember he auto loses if he only has flyers left.

Rather sensibly he had his tacticals parked in cover until like 90% of my poo poo was dead, end of turn 6 i had 2 intercessors and 4 tacticals while he had 2 stormtalons on half health, sicarius, primaris lieutenant, 2 men, 3 men and 3 men.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
I managed to smite his land raider to death before it really achieved anything but he still had 6 lascannon shots and 36 assault cannon hits hitting on 2s rerolling 1s.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery

Artum posted:

I managed to smite his land raider to death before it really achieved anything but he still had 6 lascannon shots and 36 assault cannon hits hitting on 2s rerolling 1s.

drat, stormtalons are crazy

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Are the Hunters any good?

Twin anti air cannons seem good to me. Is it just that it would get blasted off the board if you didnt go first?

Edit: i meant Stalkers with the guns, not Hunters with the missiles.

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Artum posted:

Out of curiosity, were the Stormtalons moving? If they were they'd have been hitting you on threes given that they don't have power of the machine spirit.