Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

It's idiotic to say endorsing Hillary and telling leftists to vote for her is centrist?

yeah, and you're a doubly idiotic for thinking i'd give a poo poo about iron stache endorsing hillary or telling leftists to vote for her. i support bernie remember?

knowing you, with how much of an idiotic centrist you are, you probably actually believed bernie sanders attacked and betrayed hillary after the primary :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

But he's right? Why do you think so many of the neoliberal criticisms of Trump have focused on superficial bullshit like stupid tweet typos instead of anything of substance?

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Sneakster posted:

If you're just going to pursue the same policy with a different circus act, whats the difference?

If you can't distinguish the policies of democrats and republicans, or Trump and HRC, you're a fake leftist.

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

*lives in a world where donald trump is president*
*still believes one gaffe will sink a campaign*
*is dumb af*

Donald Trump is a republican and has the media in his side.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

readingatwork posted:

But he's right? Why do you think so many of the neoliberal criticisms of Trump have focused on superficial bullshit like stupid tweet typos instead of anything of substance?

I really can't tell the difference between Bernie Sanders working his rear end off to save Obamacare and Trump trying to repeal it -- a moron.

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sneakster posted:

If you're just going to pursue the same policy with a different circus act, whats the difference?

It's not a course correction, it's a presentation correction. Trump talks a good game.

It's not the same policy you gently caress wit.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

JeffersonClay posted:

I really can't tell the difference between Bernie Sanders working his rear end off to save Obamacare and Trump trying to repeal it -- a moron.

bernie's not neoliberal jc. sorry

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

JeffersonClay posted:

If you can't distinguish the policies of democrats and republicans, or Trump and HRC, you're a fake leftist.

They aren't the same, but the differences aren't radical enough to save the country. It''s like this. The country is a car driving straight to the edge of the Grand Canyon. The Republicans are in the driver's seat and they are flooring it towards the cliff. What Centrists want to do is try and grab the wheel and turn it a tiny smidge to the left. That's definitely an improvement over straight ahead to doom, but it's not enough to keep us from going over the cliff. We get it. The Dems are better. But it won't matter once we go over the cliff. We need a DRASTIC COURSE CORRECTION in the very immediate future or we are all completely hosed. It's not pragmatic to only turn the wheel a tiny bit right now, we are running out of time.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 3, 2017

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

JeffersonClay posted:

Outside of Trump not supporting TPP, could you elaborate on significant policy differences that could affect my life? Under the assumption I didn't bother to tune in to see how Colonel Klink is foiled every week.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Sneakster posted:

It occurs to me: if you'd be satisfied and comfortable under Clinton, you'd be just as satisfied under Trump if you ignore his buffoonery.

As bad as centrist neolibs are, this really isn't fair. There are measurable differences between Clinton and Trump in terms of policy goals. Clinton wouldn't be trying so hard to dismantle Obamacare, for example.

On the other hand, Clinton also (probably) wouldn't have destroyed TPP just by getting elected.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Condiv posted:

yeah, and you're a doubly idiotic for thinking i'd give a poo poo about iron stache endorsing hillary or telling leftists to vote for her. i support bernie remember?

knowing you, with how much of an idiotic centrist you are, you probably actually believed bernie sanders attacked and betrayed hillary after the primary :rolleyes:

No I support my fellow CENTRIST Bernie

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Condiv posted:

bernie's not neoliberal jc. sorry

So why did he work his rear end off to save Obamacare? It's almost as if he can recognize an important distinction between keeping Obamacare and letting trump repeal it, because he is not a moron.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

JeffersonClay posted:

It's pretty amazing that you still try to act like you have any say in what is and isn't true leftism.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Sneakster posted:

Outside of Trump not supporting TPP, could you elaborate on significant policy differences that could affect my life? Under the assumption I didn't bother to tune in to see how Colonel Klink is foiled every week.

Obamacare, idiot.

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich
And congress isn't going to let him implode the insurance industry. So please, in terms of poo poo he can actually do, what difference is there? He's a stupid piece of poo poo like all rich people. Policy wise, what the gently caress is the difference for me?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Condiv posted:

lol yeah she did say it was unimportant hth

And why shouldn't I believe nancy pelosi wrt the dem party strategy? She's one of its leaders

Check out this pro loss centrist pretending that Bernie Sanders isn't now in party leadership

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

JeffersonClay posted:

So why did he work his rear end off to save Obamacare? It's almost as if he can recognize an important distinction between keeping Obamacare and letting trump repeal it, because he is not a moron.

what's your point here?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

Check out this pro loss centrist pretending that Bernie Sanders isn't now in party leadership

he's not, don't be stupid

yronic heroism posted:

No I support my fellow CENTRIST Bernie

bernie's not centrist yronic. that's you

it appears me calling you centrist makes you really cry a lot. you probably go snuggle up with you photo of lieberman every time i do it

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Condiv posted:

what's wrong with pelosi and manchin getting purged? and schumer?

Check out this centrist who loves Bernie for voting for pro loss centrist Chuck Schumer instead of purging him through his might.

ps centrists

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Sneakster posted:

And congress isn't going to let him implode the insurance industry. So please, in terms of poo poo he can actually do, what difference is there? He's a stupid piece of poo poo like all rich people. Policy wise, what the gently caress is the difference for me?

Wow Bernie sanders sure was a centrist moron when he spent all that time defending Obamacare from trump then.

Maybe, just maybe, Bernie was smart and you are not.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

JeffersonClay posted:

Much of Trump's policy is liberal policy (that is, Hillary's, Bill's and the DLC's), only done LOUD.

Liberals enforce record immigrant deportations. Trump goes loud: Build the WALL!

Liberals go nuts being Tough on Crime, Jailing their own base constituency out of proportion. Trump makes America's Toughest Sherrif and David Clarke his standard bearers.

Liberals supply and refuel KSA's murderous dirty war. Trump actually goes there for a sword dance and orb-touching.

Liberals happily fund and support charter school, paying more money for same/worse results. Trump just further starves the public system.

Liberals stay curiously mum on the whole 'voter fraud' scam and gerrymandering. Trump merely names a board to turn it up to 11.

It's actually creepy how much of his plan so far has been to just turbo-charge market 'common sense' or stomping around demo blind spots.

You might want to read Matt Taibbi's book 'The Divide', especially the chapters about how the court system has been happily turned into a conveyor belt feeding the poor into a labyrinth of fines and jail time on any excuse, before you support adding another huge, vaguely-worded, easily-abused trapdoor under their feet.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

Check out this centrist who loves Bernie for voting for pro loss centrist Chuck Schumer instead of purging him through his might.

ps centrists

i think it was a poor compromise on bernie's part, especially since schumer is centrist, but nobody's perfect. are you done being an idiot yet? cause this is really boring

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Are you done being a centrist yet?

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich
So Trump is the same as Clinton in every way in terms of actual substance, but provides a compelling villain and his TV is getting great ratings.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I thought the point was that Sanders while popular in the rest of society is in fact quite powerless in the elite of the Democratic Party.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Sneakster posted:

So Trump is the same as Clinton in every way in terms of actual substance, but provides a compelling villain and his TV is getting great ratings.

Except, again, Obamacare (and pretty much every other part of the democratic platform), you moron.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

Are you done being a centrist yet?

i've never been so i guess the answer is yes? why don't you hang out with your fellow centrists JC and jailtrump and work on a better gimmick? you could talk about how much you love tax breaks for megacorps or something, and defend chuck schumer's idiot plans to the death. though, that kind of lacks the luster of jc's "jail parents to help their kids do well in school"

anyway, get back to me when you're not both boring and centrist :wave:

Condiv fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 3, 2017

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
As opposed to the brilliant "decriminalize child abuse" gambit you've been advocating.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

So, former AGs and governors are out as future Democratic leaders since anyone who served in those roles are tainted by the horrors committed in their name. Obviously business owners are out for the same reasons. That leaves legislators, mayors, regulators, other statewides (some states elect Secretary of State), activists, community leaders or people who work for non-profits as sources of potential candidates.

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

JeffersonClay posted:

Except, again, Obamacare (and pretty much every other part of the democratic platform), you moron.
He isn't going to be able to do anything about Obamacare. Can you elaborate on the rest of the platform and how he meaningfully differs?

JeffersonClay posted:

As opposed to the brilliant "decriminalize child abuse" gambit you've been advocating.
Do you like the nasty taste?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Unfortunately life is tough for a Bernie supporting centrist who doesn't support those things so I'll stick with the gimmick.

It seems to have been one you are fond of using.

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 3, 2017

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Sneakster posted:

Indeed, the having the Clean Power Plan is the same as not having it.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
People won't care about the climate if their life is poo poo hth

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Trabisnikof posted:

So, former AGs and governors are out as future Democratic leaders since anyone who served in those roles are tainted by the horrors committed in their name. Obviously business owners are out for the same reasons. That leaves legislators, mayors, regulators, other statewides (some states elect Secretary of State), activists, community leaders or people who work for non-profits as sources of potential candidates.

the buck stops here

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

yronic heroism posted:

Unfortunately life is tough for a Bernie supporting centrist who doesn't support those things so I'll stick with the gimmick.

It seems to have been one you are fond of using.

You've become fully incoherent, you're just spamming nonsense into the void and shouting the word centrist a lot.

Maybe step away from the thread for a while. Or forever, even! However long it takes you to calm down and be able to post coherently again.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Condiv posted:

the buck stops here

Right so any governor or AG is unacceptable since they'll have failed to prevent atrocities by their government.

This thread seems to be willing to give legislators a pass for not stopping atrocities but credit if they try, which makes some sense given the limitations of the office.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Trabisnikof posted:

Legislators could have (but failed to) decriminalize everything. Mayors could have (but failed to) direct their police departments to stop submitting case files to prosecutors. The possibilities dwindle.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

WampaLord posted:

You've become fully incoherent, you're just spamming nonsense into the void and shouting the word centrist a lot.

:mcbain:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Trabisnikof posted:

Right so any governor or AG is unacceptable since they'll have failed to prevent atrocities by their government.

This thread seems to be willing to give legislators a pass for not stopping atrocities but credit if they try, which makes some sense given the limitations of the office.

i'd be willing to give governors or AG's a pass if they tried too. kamala harris didn't have to appeal the release of inmates. she didn't have to appeal the overturning of someone's conviction after one of her slimy prosecutors fabricated a confession. she did that and more anyway cause she was way more concerned with her career than doing what's right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

JeffersonClay posted:

Legislators could have (but failed to) decriminalize everything. Mayors could have (but failed to) direct their police departments to stop submitting case files to prosecutors. The possibilities dwindle.

Yeah, I agree the majority of mayors are probably unacceptable as well, but I figured there are some mayors that had squeaky clean police departments during their tenure and managed to not get implicated in anything unacceptable. I just don't think any governors can pass that test.

This thread seems to be ok with legislators that try and fail to act to stop atrocities which again makes a certain amount of sense seeing how their individually very weak. Not much Barbara Lee could do to stop the GWOT.

Condiv posted:

i'd be willing to give governors or AG's a pass if they tried too. kamala harris didn't have to appeal the release of inmates. she didn't have to appeal the overturning of someone's conviction after one of her slimy prosecutors fabricated a confession. she did that and more anyway cause she was way more concerned with her career than doing what's right.

I don't think there are any AGs in the US that pass the bar you just set is the thing.

• Locked thread