Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Two abominations for the the price of one — so only partly like Star Citizen

• 1pt Carrots
• 1pt Celeriac
• 1pt Parsnip
• 1pt Vegetable stock (if liquid, ~1/20 if it's one of those powder cubes)
• 1pt Crushed tomatoes
• 1/4pt dry lentils (or 1/2 ones in liquid, but wash and rinse them first)
• 1/5pt Tomato paste
• 1pt onions
• 1/5pt garlic
• 1/5pt parmesan
• Pepper
• Chilli flakes
• Parsley
• A lemon

For a good-sized portion, the “1pt” bit ≈ 100g or <1/2 lb — scale up or down as needed.

Abomination #1: What was once an Osso buco before it lost the osso, and also almost all other components :
- Mix tomatoes, vegetable stock — add pepper to taste and let it sit until needed.
- Dice the root vegetables into 1cm³ cubes.
- Chop the onions and garlic, set half the garlic aside
- Soften, but do not brown, the onions and garlic in a pot with some olive oil or something on medium heat.
- Add in more chilli flakes than is strictly necessary and let those sweat for a minute or two — if you gas yourself as you stick your head over the pot, it's about the right amount.
- Take the heat down a notch and add in the root vegetables, and give it a stir.
- Give them a minute or three to start heating up and soften ever so slightly.
- Dump in the tomato mix, give it a stir and pull the heat down another notch, then put a lid on it and leave it alone for 10 minutes (20 if you're using wet lentils).
- Dump in the lentils, give it a last stir and leave it alone for 15 minutes (dry) or 5 (wet).
∴ Done

Abomination #2: A proper gremolata does not have parmesan:
- Grate the parmesan
- Grate off some lemon zest — squeeze the rest into your eyes to take out the pain of having gassed yourself on onions and chilli earlier.
- Add in the remaining garlic
- Add far too much parsley, and mix.
∴ Done

Put one on top of the other — you figure out which goes where.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

illectro posted:

Just remember the game's physics grids mean they ignore the problem of cargo moving.
(but still allow pilots still to suffer from red-out)

You could red-out in the buggy when it was released, so i'm betting the Tumbril wont be any different.

Also Starsector is a good and existing game, recently got a huge update. Like a mix of Mount and Blade and SPAZ

http://fractalsoftworks.com/

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

So, here's the WTFOSaurus meltdown. Go to 7:08 if it doesn't automatically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlacl84JNVA&t=428s

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I don't what you're talking about SC being a mile wide and an inch deep...STAR CITIZEN HAS LAYERS MAN

Can't wait to explore every pixel of this terrain as it adds up to years of gameplay just on a single planet. Finding "the crobber" on a planet like this is a rare find. In the center is a hollow mass where a heart might be, but instead it is just a pile of money to roll around in.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
free tophat!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

peter gabriel posted:

free tophat!

Free tophat with every shitpost, gather 'round gather 'round, I promise you this tophat didn't fall off the back of a van, but it's certainly fallen off the wagon

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Thoatse posted:

He's the same author that wrote the puffiest of puff pieces for :pgi: even while space rome was burning and literally every other rag was raking them over the coals

So he's probably PCGamer's author that brings in the most money, but who can coincidentally be trusted the least. Possibly even a sort of "mail us what you want Chalk to write, please spellcheck before sending with your payment" kind of person.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

i am tickled by a Canadian saying "zulu"

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

big nipples big life posted:

lol, what's with those hashtags?

We don't ask these questions. Ultimately we don't want to know the answer, but similarly we know that there is a goon right now delving into the darkest depths. Don't do it, random goon, it's just not worth your time and effort!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

The Titanic posted:

We don't ask these questions. Ultimately we don't want to know the answer, but similarly we know that there is a goon right now delving into the darkest depths. Don't do it, random goon, it's just not worth your time and effort!

…and sanity. Most of all the sanity.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

peter gabriel posted:

free tophat!

i'll take it!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Percelus posted:

i'll take it!

:thurman:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Hobold posted:

I'm sure these same people would look at a woman that screamed rape, and ask her what she was wearing, if she accused one of their own.

Oh please don't go here, friend.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

The Titanic posted:

I prefer to ask what he was wearing.

That's what makes all the difference.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

The Titanic posted:

Can't wait to explore every pixel of this terrain as it adds up to years of gameplay just on a single planet. Finding "the crobber" on a planet like this is a rare find. In the center is a hollow mass where a heart might be, but instead it is just a pile of money to roll around in.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

I mean, it took two years of language classes, but it's worth it if my fake review finally brings CIG down.

I just use Google translate. Coming up next are versions in Vietnamese and Swahili. These ones will be from the shell companies though.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This planet needs to be avoided. Attempt no landing here.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

I see Godus has changed a lot

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Percelus posted:

i'll take it!

You've taken quite a shine to it

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

XK posted:

His voice totally cracks about five times within the first 10 mins. I honestly think he was close to blubbering.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

The Titanic posted:

Stare long enough into the abyss...

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

BoredGamer:
"They just need to get a bit better at scheduling."

"I think the hope is, the hope is this will be the last time we have to have this conversation."

"You gotta believe!"

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

XK posted:

This seems like a dude who's on the verge of realizing his hobbies make him completely miserable.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sarsapariller posted:

This seems like a dude who's on the verge of realizing his hobbies make him completely miserable.

12,000 hours shilling a tech demo is a huge amount of wasted time.

but imagine that long in something you don't like. He has looked like a prisoner of war the entire time. We aren't talking about someone powergaming 12,000 hours in warcraft because they like it, we are talking about 12,000 hours of bad rats.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

Hand weaks, pledge is heavy, there's derek on his post already, moma's regrettin'

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sarsapariller posted:

It's not a hobby, it's his job. But it's no less miserable. He is probably making good money though given his tolerance and constant re-alignment.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Space Crabs posted:

12,000 hours shilling a tech demo is a huge amount of wasted time.

but imagine that long in something you don't like. He has looked like a prisoner of war the entire time. We aren't talking about someone powergaming 12,000 hours in warcraft because they like it, we are talking about 12,000 hours of bad rats.

Skip to about ~16:00 for the real breakdown.

But it's not just Star Citizen.

WTFO posted:

I'm starting to get burnt out on it. I'm starting to not like Star Citizen. At the same time, I keep trying out other games and I just don't like other games! So I get kind of put in a wierd situation where I want to stream but I can't and it stresses me the gently caress out, so much.

It's okay to not want to play video games, duder.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its not like he doesn't like to play video games, its that he's convince himself that Star Citizen is going to be all he needs. He's slowly coming to the realization that its ok to like to play other games

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

you'd think that it would be p obvious to a streamer that they should stream an actual game and not a buggy piece of poo poo

edit - sweet thanks for the free tophat :tipshat:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

And so it was that WTFO, Star Marine eSports legend had a flash of insight and deflated, crumbling against his chair with his head down cast as all enthusiasm for CIG's ground breaking massively multiplayer life replacement simulator drained from him. For one brief moment he understood the magnitude of the situation and the consequences that the failing of the project would have on his future. Shaken and emotional, he reached out to his community, such as it was and expressed his concerns. A dire warning of things to come, perhaps. A preemptive admission of defeat, of disappointment. For months he had managed to fight back the festering disillusionment and skepticism that he himself long lambasted, but the dam had leaks, and it was close to collapse.

With his future prospects of eSports fame and twitch dollars now more uncertain than ever, he allowed himself a moment to embrace what anyone else would consider to be realistic expectations regarding video game development and found that he was angry. This was not fair, this was not acceptable, this was a farce; and to expect him to continue to shill for this lumbering corpse of a tech demo was absurd. He knew that now. He wanted CIG to know it too.

After a measured, but emotional appeal to the powers that be to get to loving work, he loaded up Star Marine.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Xaerael posted:

His voice totally cracks about five times within the first 10 mins. I honestly think he was close to blubbering.

I've never seen anyone get wound up so easily while being so bad at hiding it. If someone says the wrong thing in chat his face just drops and he spends a good 10 minutes just seething, it's fascinating. It's amazing he's lasted this long as a streamer.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Percelus posted:

edit - sweet thanks for the free tophat :tipshat:

No no, you've got it all wrong! You gotta do it this way now!

:wotwot:

:haw:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

AP posted:

I've never seen anyone get wound up so easily while being so bad at hiding it. If someone says the wrong thing in chat his face just drops and he spends a good 10 minutes just seething, it's fascinating. It's amazing he's lasted this long as a streamer.

Much like posting here, it seems that there's a very careful dance between rolling with the punches, ignoring poo poo, and the "counter-rear end in a top hat" maneuver that need to be juggled to maintain cred and not melt down.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

There's people that play different games on their streams constantly. If you can't play different games, then your viewers aren't watching your stream for you. That brings the question of why are people watching you in the first place?

If you want to be an actual stream personality, you need to be able to play whatever whenever. Sinking your anchor into any one game is a tremendously bad strategy, even if it ends up as the most popular game in the world. That the singular game you chose will be super successful, is a super bad bet, and even if you nail it, you're still tied to one game.

The best streamers are just people who play whatever the gently caress they want and have fun. 8,000 hours of Star Citizen over 3 years is something only an idiot would do.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

AP posted:

He's a PUA — people saying things he doesn't like is an affront to his very existence.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I'd pity him if he wasn't such a disgusting gropey creep. He's in a prison of his own making.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Im just shocked that they made their forum into such an abomination.

It's the most star citizen thing ever, they copied reddit, the worst format anyone has ever come up with, but they managed to make it all flashy and difficult to navigate and weird.

It is star citizen in its most purified form.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

XK posted:

There's people that play different games on their streams constantly. If you can't play different games, then your viewers aren't watching your stream for you. That brings the question of why are people watching you in the first place?

If you want to be an actual stream personality, you need to be able to play whatever whenever. Sinking your anchor into any one game is a tremendously bad strategy, even if it ends up as the most popular game in the world. That the singular game you chose will be super successful, is a super bad bet, and even if you nail it, you're still tied to one game.

The best streamers are just people who play whatever the gently caress they want and have fun. 8,000 hours of Star Citizen over 3 years is something only an idiot would do.

The question of "why do people watch streamers" could only be answered to my satisfaction using stimperial methods of inquiry.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Tippis posted:

He's a PUA — people saying things he doesn't like is an affront to his very existence.

Hahahahaha

Pick up artists will always be funny to me

It's like knowing this one neat trick that vending machines hate for getting two cans of pepsi, and then when you order a meal with a drink at McDonalds you start punching the cashier to get another drink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

hakimashou posted:

Im just shocked that they made their forum into such an abomination.

I don't even understand Spectrum. I've seen responses to posts in different comment trees than the post they are responding to.

Spectrum is a mess.

It's literally worse, and more unintelligible, than Reddit.